Author Topic: This one time at band camp  (Read 6738 times)

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: This one time at band camp
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2013, 09:15:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: Kubiak
493 is huge and so is my quit wood.  Not a troll in a lonely quit group,  not a bunch of assholes in a new one, not someone lying to us our whole HOF, not anything is gonna stop my quit. Not family, not friends, not work, nothing will make me a Slave to the can again. Not my stress, my weight, my back spasms, not how much I miss rugby, not a professional or collegiate sports team, nothing will make me cave. I am in control of my actions,  and I have quitters I can lean on. In fact, it's an insult to them if I cave and not reach out.

I am quit.
Perfect and well done. Thanks for being here.
Good inspiration here. Next beer is on me.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2013, 09:09:00 PM »
493 is huge and so is my quit wood. Not a troll in a lonely quit group, not a bunch of assholes in a new one, not someone lying to us our whole HOF, not anything is gonna stop my quit. Not family, not friends, not work, nothing will make me a Slave to the can again. Not my stress, my weight, my back spasms, not how much I miss rugby, not a professional or collegiate sports team, nothing will make me cave. I am in control of my actions, and I have quitters I can lean on. In fact, it's an insult to them if I cave and not reach out.

I am quit.
Perfect and well done. Thanks for being here.

Offline Zak3188

• Quitter
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2013, 08:53:00 PM »
493 is huge and so is my quit wood. Not a troll in a lonely quit group, not a bunch of assholes in a new one, not someone lying to us our whole HOF, not anything is gonna stop my quit. Not family, not friends, not work, nothing will make me a Slave to the can again. Not my stress, my weight, my back spasms, not how much I miss rugby, not a professional or collegiate sports team, nothing will make me cave. I am in control of my actions, and I have quitters I can lean on. In fact, it's an insult to them if I cave and not reach out.

I am quit.
Blah blah blah shut the fuck up
QLFEMFD!!!

Offline Kubiak

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2013, 08:38:00 PM »

I am quit.

Offline mich 34

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: reading, hunting, fishing, above all - spending time with the wife and kids (when they are being good!!)
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2013, 09:40:00 PM »
Prayers work folks! Glen is a 92 year old man that has more tough than all of us combined. He had blood in his stool, a sign of internal bleeding, so he was in intensive care for 2 days and now is back home, stable and stubborn again. Thank you everyone for caring!
"like"
my intro
QD 07-19-2012
Group - Roctober Madmen Post with some Madmen (and women)
HOF 10-27-12 HOF Speech
2nd Floor 2-4-13, 3rd Floor 5-15-13
1 year of freedom - 7-19-2013. Thank you KTC
4th Floor 8-23-13, 5th Floor 12-1-13, 6th Floor 3-11-14, 7th Floor 6-19-14, 8th Floor 9-27-14, 9th Floor 1-5-15

Offline Kubiak

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2013, 07:47:00 AM »
Prayers work folks! Glen is a 92 year old man that has more tough than all of us combined. He had blood in his stool, a sign of internal bleeding, so he was in intensive care for 2 days and now is back home, stable and stubborn again. Thank you everyone for caring!

Offline cdaniels

• Quitter
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2013, 07:36:00 PM »
Quote from: TSNUS
Quote from: mich
Quote from: 30yrAddict
Quote from: kana
How I posted January 16th on my intro page but wrote January 10th on my calendar is beyond me... I can only blame the fog of quit.  Speaking of which, I can only blame my rash of recent crazy posts on the nervousness of today's appointment with the periodontist, because since I showed up at the dentist last Thursday all worked up in a lather and being told it was "next wednesday", I've had to get nervous for this fucking thing twice!!

So bottom line is... 4 gum grafts, two on each side right where I put those little soul-sucking parasite devils, and one biopsy.  That's right.  Now this doctor said it looked "better in there" than what the dentist described, that my tongue looked ok, but on the inside cheek there was a white spot that was worrisome, that he thinks is ok but "we should get it checked out just to be sure".  I specifically asked if the biopsy is because he saw something or if it's my history of chewing tobacco use, and he said it's because of the tobacco use, that we should make sure it's nothing, that if I didn't have the tobacco use he wouldn't be worried.  Well saying sure let's do it is easy, but that fucker's $500!!  And not covered by insurance (checking on that).  And the gum grafts are another $2,300!!!  Fucking asshole nicotine.  All that goddamn savings $4/day for 171 days pays for the biopsy and I have another couple of years to recognize the graft costs.  I'm so fucking pissed.  Sure cut my mouth up and patch my gum at my tooth, that's fine, but now the bitch is gonna have my wife worried about cancer until the biopsy is done.  I'm debating if I should go it alone and not tell her until we get the test done.  Like all well made decisions, I will be sleeping on it.

Kubiak Out.
with you brother.. between the dentist and the dip cost me a effin fortune. Not to mention the wife's teeth too. I will be thinking about you pray that the visit goes well. main thing is you're in there and doing something about it, and you're quit. I personally would wait to tell her, but that's just my opinion. If everything is ok like we all want then you'll save her some stress.. stay strong brother, and yes I ALWAYS make a better decision after sleeping on it...peace
Yup, glad I slept on it. I need to wait a few if I tell her, because my wife's grandma died over the weekend (pneumonia, 70's), her great aunt died yesterday (cancer, 70's), and her grandfather went into intensive care yesterday (internal bleeding, 92 years).

They say bad news comes in threes? Let's hope her grandpa pulls through this. Prayers for him would be appreciated. His name's Glen, until this year he lived in the farmhouse he bought in the 1950's with his wife, they've been married 65 years.
Prayers lifted for you all
Just saw this Kubiak, prayers for you and your family
Prayers for Glen and your biopsy brother Kub! Hang tough and know that we are here for you man.
hi. so sory for all the stress going on now. you have prayers as well. i also have an oral surgen visit this tuesday. a knot in my tongue. i hope and pray for the both of us for a good report. i feel your anxiety. thanks for shareing your worries
Quit date 11-20-12
Never again for any reason. I quit for today. Today I live.
http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=7796
http://www.killthecan.org/facts/contract.asp

Offline TSNUS

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, camping, skiing, BBQing
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2013, 07:18:00 PM »
Quote from: mich
How I posted January 16th on my intro page but wrote January 10th on my calendar is beyond me... I can only blame the fog of quit.  Speaking of which, I can only blame my rash of recent crazy posts on the nervousness of today's appointment with the periodontist, because since I showed up at the dentist last Thursday all worked up in a lather and being told it was "next wednesday", I've had to get nervous for this fucking thing twice!!

So bottom line is... 4 gum grafts, two on each side right where I put those little soul-sucking parasite devils, and one biopsy.  That's right.  Now this doctor said it looked "better in there" than what the dentist described, that my tongue looked ok, but on the inside cheek there was a white spot that was worrisome, that he thinks is ok but "we should get it checked out just to be sure".  I specifically asked if the biopsy is because he saw something or if it's my history of chewing tobacco use, and he said it's because of the tobacco use, that we should make sure it's nothing, that if I didn't have the tobacco use he wouldn't be worried.  Well saying sure let's do it is easy, but that fucker's $500!!  And not covered by insurance (checking on that).  And the gum grafts are another $2,300!!!  Fucking asshole nicotine.  All that goddamn savings $4/day for 171 days pays for the biopsy and I have another couple of years to recognize the graft costs.  I'm so fucking pissed.  Sure cut my mouth up and patch my gum at my tooth, that's fine, but now the bitch is gonna have my wife worried about cancer until the biopsy is done.  I'm debating if I should go it alone and not tell her until we get the test done.  Like all well made decisions, I will be sleeping on it.

Kubiak Out.
with you brother.. between the dentist and the dip cost me a effin fortune. Not to mention the wife's teeth too. I will be thinking about you pray that the visit goes well. main thing is you're in there and doing something about it, and you're quit. I personally would wait to tell her, but that's just my opinion. If everything is ok like we all want then you'll save her some stress.. stay strong brother, and yes I ALWAYS make a better decision after sleeping on it...peace
Yup, glad I slept on it. I need to wait a few if I tell her, because my wife's grandma died over the weekend (pneumonia, 70's), her great aunt died yesterday (cancer, 70's), and her grandfather went into intensive care yesterday (internal bleeding, 92 years).

They say bad news comes in threes? Let's hope her grandpa pulls through this. Prayers for him would be appreciated. His name's Glen, until this year he lived in the farmhouse he bought in the 1950's with his wife, they've been married 65 years.
Prayers for Glen and your biopsy brother Kub! Hang tough and know that we are here for you man.
Quit 8/14/12 and taking my life back one day at a time.

If you don?t control what you have access to, what you have access to will control you.

I?m trying to remind myself daily it?s not the absence of conflict that determines whether or not my relationships are healthy. It?s knowing how to handle the conflicts that will arise.

Character is who we are, not who we pretend to be. It's better to be shaped than to be fake.

Offline mich 34

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: reading, hunting, fishing, above all - spending time with the wife and kids (when they are being good!!)
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2013, 09:52:00 PM »

Kubiak Out.

my intro
QD 07-19-2012
Group - Roctober Madmen Post with some Madmen (and women)
HOF 10-27-12 HOF Speech
2nd Floor 2-4-13, 3rd Floor 5-15-13
1 year of freedom - 7-19-2013. Thank you KTC
4th Floor 8-23-13, 5th Floor 12-1-13, 6th Floor 3-11-14, 7th Floor 6-19-14, 8th Floor 9-27-14, 9th Floor 1-5-15

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2013, 12:14:00 PM »

Kubiak Out.

Offline Kubiak

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2013, 12:10:00 PM »

Kubiak Out.

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2013, 11:48:00 AM »
How I posted January 16th on my intro page but wrote January 10th on my calendar is beyond me... I can only blame the fog of quit. Speaking of which, I can only blame my rash of recent crazy posts on the nervousness of today's appointment with the periodontist, because since I showed up at the dentist last Thursday all worked up in a lather and being told it was "next wednesday", I've had to get nervous for this fucking thing twice!!

So bottom line is... 4 gum grafts, two on each side right where I put those little soul-sucking parasite devils, and one biopsy. That's right. Now this doctor said it looked "better in there" than what the dentist described, that my tongue looked ok, but on the inside cheek there was a white spot that was worrisome, that he thinks is ok but "we should get it checked out just to be sure". I specifically asked if the biopsy is because he saw something or if it's my history of chewing tobacco use, and he said it's because of the tobacco use, that we should make sure it's nothing, that if I didn't have the tobacco use he wouldn't be worried. Well saying sure let's do it is easy, but that fucker's $500!! And not covered by insurance (checking on that). And the gum grafts are another $2,300!!! Fucking asshole nicotine. All that goddamn savings $4/day for 171 days pays for the biopsy and I have another couple of years to recognize the graft costs. I'm so fucking pissed. Sure cut my mouth up and patch my gum at my tooth, that's fine, but now the bitch is gonna have my wife worried about cancer until the biopsy is done. I'm debating if I should go it alone and not tell her until we get the test done. Like all well made decisions, I will be sleeping on it.

Kubiak Out.
we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline Kubiak

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2013, 01:40:00 PM »
How I posted January 16th on my intro page but wrote January 10th on my calendar is beyond me... I can only blame the fog of quit. Speaking of which, I can only blame my rash of recent crazy posts on the nervousness of today's appointment with the periodontist, because since I showed up at the dentist last Thursday all worked up in a lather and being told it was "next wednesday", I've had to get nervous for this fucking thing twice!!

So bottom line is... 4 gum grafts, two on each side right where I put those little soul-sucking parasite devils, and one biopsy. That's right. Now this doctor said it looked "better in there" than what the dentist described, that my tongue looked ok, but on the inside cheek there was a white spot that was worrisome, that he thinks is ok but "we should get it checked out just to be sure". I specifically asked if the biopsy is because he saw something or if it's my history of chewing tobacco use, and he said it's because of the tobacco use, that we should make sure it's nothing, that if I didn't have the tobacco use he wouldn't be worried. Well saying sure let's do it is easy, but that fucker's $500!! And not covered by insurance (checking on that). And the gum grafts are another $2,300!!! Fucking asshole nicotine. All that goddamn savings $4/day for 171 days pays for the biopsy and I have another couple of years to recognize the graft costs. I'm so fucking pissed. Sure cut my mouth up and patch my gum at my tooth, that's fine, but now the bitch is gonna have my wife worried about cancer until the biopsy is done. I'm debating if I should go it alone and not tell her until we get the test done. Like all well made decisions, I will be sleeping on it.

Kubiak Out.

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2012, 10:58:00 AM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Quote from: Mike17
Quote from: Coach
Quote from: Mike17
OK I have to get a few things off my chest, and then I'm gonna try to be productive today for a change.  It's been a rough week in quittersville, not that my quit is struggling, just the things that go along with being quit.

Dentist yesterday.  My last visit in 2009 was the last time I was quit.  I got abused by the dentist lady about chew so I never went back.  This time new lady, but I can't believe her dumb ass aked me questions about HOW LONG DID YOU USE CHEWING TOBACCO right in front of my 9 year old.  No fucking way lady.  Then she goes on to tell me I need a referral for some questionable spots on the back left side of my tongue and the inside of my right cheek.  WHERE DID YOU PUT THE CHEWING TOBACCO MOST FREQUENTLY?  I swear I almost grabbed her by the throat.  I just mumbled "I'm not gonna get into that right now can we move on". She finally got the hint, and then told me that the referral is mostly precautionary, that she's not an expert, bla bla bla.  January 16th I'll see the expert.

November 2012 needs a fresh start.  We never voted on being called cuntface, it just kinda grew on us, so I feel that if we all vote on a new name, that would help.  Personally I feel that Cuntface is far too self-deprecating for the badass quitters we have, but if the group votes for cuntface, then i'll be a cuntface.  I supported The Caver's shenanigans without the benefit of foresight, but from the start it was a
test of boundaries.  At some point, if all the boundaries are pushed, then there's nothing left and it's not a quit group.  This KTC that we all rely on is about quitting tobacco period. 

Weird week.  Regardless of anything, whether it be something in my mouth or some asshole caver that wants to hold my quit and my support hostage with threats of suicide, NEVER AGAIN FOR ANY REASON.
Those last 5 words sum it up perfectly kub. I know what you mean November has been weird as fuck but the real quitters know who they are.

Dentist appointment for me after I quit was scary as hell but I took the guys word that everything was good. You'll be fine bro. Keep quitting like you know and love!
I wouldn't say Cuntface "grew on your group." I'd say it was forced on your group.

You guys and ladies need to find your own identity. I don't think your previous ruler permitted such free thinking. If it were me, I'd wipe the whole slate clean starting with that "fancy" roll page.
I think you hit the nail on the head right there coach
NAFAR Quit with you Brother Kubiak!! 'bang head'
NAFAR! I like it, carry on bad asses

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2012, 10:56:00 AM »
Anyone notice someone dipping just by the smell? The smell is so fucking strong. Is it just my addict nose, or did everyone else smell that shit when I was ninja dipping? Thought of the day on day 151.
my father in laws wg rooster shit across the room. nasty