Author Topic: New here  (Read 4136 times)

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New here
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2013, 12:39:00 PM »
Quote from: FishinDipShit
Day 11.. i believe ive been counting wrong the whole time lol... anyway i havent had any craving tho it doesnt mean i still dont miss a big fatty in my lip. im not going to cave tho... id like to think im past the oral fixation part of the quit because i havent spat seeds nor smokey mountain since the weekend... day 11 and my quit is still going strong.
Stay close to your alternatives. Your addict brain may just try to trick you into thinking that you are beyond the oral fixation until you aren't.

You are doing great. Do focus so much on your day count, just focus daily on promising to quit and actually doing just that.

I am damn proud of the way you have jumped into your quit with two feet and very strong at that. Keep up the good work and beat that addict brain down one day at a time.

Pinched
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline FishinDipShit

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, The Outdoors, my Wife and my Daughter
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2013, 12:31:00 PM »
Day 11.. i believe ive been counting wrong the whole time lol... anyway i havent had any craving tho it doesnt mean i still dont miss a big fatty in my lip. im not going to cave tho... id like to think im past the oral fixation part of the quit because i havent spat seeds nor smokey mountain since the weekend... day 11 and my quit is still going strong.
Grizzly Long Cut Wintergreen 5 yrs quit that shit 10/21/2013

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2013, 12:22:00 PM »
Day 8 Its going pretty smooth thus far... havent had any big cravings since day 1-4.

day 8, still nic and bacca free
You are into week 2. That is one heck of an accomplishment. You are doing this.

Offline FishinDipShit

• Quitter
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2013, 11:46:00 PM »
Day 8 Its going pretty smooth thus far... havent had any big cravings since day 1-4.

day 8, still nic and bacca free

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2013, 01:03:00 PM »
You and Reaper have a strong group here. Proud of you man, just hang in there- 100 days comes quickly and things get way better before then.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline Reaper

• Quitter
  • Interests: im interested in hunting camping 4 wheeler riding and horses but mostly kicking this habit in the ass.
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2013, 12:38:00 PM »
Good job my brother!! That is the key to success finding the triggers and keeping them away from you. Knowing what temps you to give in and being able to overcome it them is our goal. You can do this and I see a strong quit drive in you. Keep it up and if I can help you in anyway let me know. Proud to be quit with you my brother.
I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.?

#8213; D.H. Lawrence,

Offline FishinDipShit

• Quitter
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2013, 12:28:00 PM »
One week down... cant say its been easy, been having fewer and fewer thoughts about taking a dip but its still in the back of my head.. havent dipped smokey mountain since saturday and even than i only had two pinches that day... just been keeping my self busy and keeping an eye out for those trigger events.

Offline FishinDipShit

• Quitter
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2013, 05:48:00 PM »
Quote from: jbradley
Quote from: ParadigmDawg
Dude, I am a 7 am'er and have been for 40+ years. I didn't shit for a week when I quit and it took two months to get my 7 am routine back on track.
man thats rough. im drinking flaxseed to regulate myself a little bit better
Read Dean's story, in fact read the whole thread from the first post!
i did a couple days ago... that guy is awesome haha

Offline jbradley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2013, 05:38:00 PM »
Dude, I am a 7 am'er and have been for 40+ years. I didn't shit for a week when I quit and it took two months to get my 7 am routine back on track.
Read Dean's story, in fact read the whole thread from the first post!

Offline FishinDipShit

• Quitter
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2013, 03:20:00 PM »

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2013, 03:11:00 PM »
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline FishinDipShit

• Quitter
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2013, 12:34:00 PM »
Going into day 5... sleep has been probably the most difficult thing.. the fakes with a little extra pepper has been helping the cravings, been extremely constipated the last couple days which im sure will cure in time. a dip and a cup of coffee has always been my prework routine until 5 days ago. wife has been extremely patient with me. i have my moments where i dont make sense and get frustrated very quickly with myself, but i havent had any outburst towards my family which is good. i feel that slowly starting this morning im sticking my head out of the fog little by little. im feeling better

Offline FishinDipShit

• Quitter
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2013, 12:30:00 AM »
Quote from: Picker.of.Strings
The cayanne pepper will certainly add a more intense burn... both going in and going out.
ill probably add a little extra pepper to it for some more burn until i get a chance to order that spitfire..im thinking of mixing spitfire and wintergreen together lol that should be interesting.. im used to the burn grizzly gave me. a little extra cayenne should help it come close
Let us know how your 'cocktails' turn out..... I've been mixing Smokey mountain Classic and Wintergreen together and adding a dash or two of black pepper (the kind you put on salad) it seems to add the right amount of burn for me.
A little extra dash of cayenne certainly did the trick. Really want to try that hooch spitfire. Perhaps even mix it with some hooch wintergreen. Day 4 in the books. On to day 5. Goodnight fellow quitters.

Offline Picker.of.Strings

• Quitter
  • Interests: Guitar.
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2013, 02:19:00 PM »
The cayanne pepper will certainly add a more intense burn... both going in and going out.
ill probably add a little extra pepper to it for some more burn until i get a chance to order that spitfire..im thinking of mixing spitfire and wintergreen together lol that should be interesting.. im used to the burn grizzly gave me. a little extra cayenne should help it come close
Let us know how your 'cocktails' turn out..... I've been mixing Smokey mountain Classic and Wintergreen together and adding a dash or two of black pepper (the kind you put on salad) it seems to add the right amount of burn for me.
Dirty tone - 6 wide, 22 deep

Quit Date: 17 October 2013

Offline FishinDipShit

• Quitter
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2013, 01:51:00 PM »