Author Topic: New Dip Free Member  (Read 3631 times)

Offline LionHeartedGirl

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Dip Free Member
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2013, 10:09:00 AM »
Quote from: traumagnet
Quote from: Zam
Quote from: LionHeartedGirl
From the aforementioned site:
You will quit. Not necessarily today, tomorrow, or even this year. The fact that quitting is on your mind at all indicates you have some common sense. Guilt will hassle you every so often, you'll try to quit again, and you'll succeed or you'll fail. If you're successful, you're done. If you fail, you'll try again. Someday, you will quit.

The bottom line, as I said before, is keep quitting until it works (......) Thanks for reading this and I hope you keep up the effort.
This, gentlemen, is how I stayed a smoker for TWENTY FOUR YEARS.

Don't worry Marine. Quitting might not work today or tomorrow or the first 20 years you try but eventually you'll be successful. After all, we all die someday!

I'm a member of a private Facebook group with 12 women writers. These are great friends and very supportive and I wasn't sure I wanted to come here at first but I liked the idea of accountability. So I shared the concept with them and decided to "post roll" there. But I knew... I knew if I didn't continue adding 1's... If I caved... They wouldn't ask and if they did it would be lots of sweet encouragement and pats on the head to "keep trying". And really... What's the point then?

I know exactly what the point is. It's to be an attention whore. It's to get the pats on the back for doing a good job without risking any disapproval when you fail. I decided just about immediately that was pointless. I needed posting roll to MEAN something.

Our "rules" make our quits STRONG. His "hope" for "effort" makes a good salve for a dipper's weakness.
LHG is a bad ass. That insight into the "attention whore" is awesome. Something that has bothered me but wasn't able to put a finger on. I have seen this A LOT on this sight -- some people coming here not to quit, but because they mistakenly believe a bunch of people are gonna fawn over them and validate their idea of how much beyond their control this addiction is. Not to beat the addiction, but to have a bunch of people validate that they aren't weak just because they serve a nicotine master. They want validation to questions like: it IS beyond my control, right? Breaking my word is not an integrity issue is it? I'm a tough ass Marine, if I break my word, it was beyond my control, right? My addition is much worse than most, right? That's why I can't quit and you can, right? etc etc. And when they don't get the expected (and sought after) response, they get all butt-hurt.

BTW, mney has a point about the Marines: When I was wearing a uniform, we knew Marines to value honor and integrity. We also knew them to be dumber than a sack of rocks. Mney, be careful with you use stereotypes to back up a personal issue, as stereotypes can cut both ways.
grunt shit with weak shit...you are getting your ass busted up by a female zoomy no offense LHG but we are zommies.
No offense taken. It occurred to me. Lol
QUIT LIKE A GIRL!

Quit Date: 5/23/13
HOF: 8/30/13

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2013, 09:53:00 AM »
Quote from: Zam
You will quit. Not necessarily today, tomorrow, or even this year. The fact that quitting is on your mind at all indicates you have some common sense. Guilt will hassle you every so often, you'll try to quit again, and you'll succeed or you'll fail. If you're successful, you're done. If you fail, you'll try again. Someday, you will quit.

The bottom line, as I said before, is keep quitting until it works (......) Thanks for reading this and I hope you keep up the effort.

Don't worry Marine. Quitting might not work today or tomorrow or the first 20 years you try but eventually you'll be successful. After all, we all die someday!

I'm a member of a private Facebook group with 12 women writers. These are great friends and very supportive and I wasn't sure I wanted to come here at first but I liked the idea of accountability. So I shared the concept with them and decided to "post roll" there. But I knew... I knew if I didn't continue adding 1's... If I caved... They wouldn't ask and if they did it would be lots of sweet encouragement and pats on the head to "keep trying". And really... What's the point then?

I know exactly what the point is. It's to be an attention whore. It's to get the pats on the back for doing a good job without risking any disapproval when you fail. I decided just about immediately that was pointless. I needed posting roll to MEAN something.

Our "rules" make our quits STRONG. His "hope" for "effort" makes a good salve for a dipper's weakness.
LHG is a bad ass. That insight into the "attention whore" is awesome. Something that has bothered me but wasn't able to put a finger on. I have seen this A LOT on this sight -- some people coming here not to quit, but because they mistakenly believe a bunch of people are gonna fawn over them and validate their idea of how much beyond their control this addiction is. Not to beat the addiction, but to have a bunch of people validate that they aren't weak just because they serve a nicotine master. They want validation to questions like: it IS beyond my control, right? Breaking my word is not an integrity issue is it? I'm a tough ass Marine, if I break my word, it was beyond my control, right? My addition is much worse than most, right? That's why I can't quit and you can, right? etc etc. And when they don't get the expected (and sought after) response, they get all butt-hurt.

BTW, mney has a point about the Marines: When I was wearing a uniform, we knew Marines to value honor and integrity. We also knew them to be dumber than a sack of rocks. Mney, be careful with you use stereotypes to back up a personal issue, as stereotypes can cut both ways.
grunt shit with weak shit...you are getting your ass busted up by a female zoomy no offense LHG but we are zommies.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is not a passive activity.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2013, 09:48:00 AM »

*Quit today. Full stop. No qualifiers. Tomorrow?... IDK, IDC.

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2013, 09:05:00 AM »
'B.S.' 'Finger' 'arse' 'sos' 'BanDog' 'cry' 'cry' 'loot01' :rustaf1: :scowick: butt hurt

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2013, 08:10:00 AM »

You already caved again,, didn't you?? For what it's worth, see you..
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline LionHeartedGirl

• Quitter
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2013, 02:06:00 AM »

QUIT LIKE A GIRL!

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2013, 12:08:00 AM »
Quote from: mney65
Found a different site - much better.  Finding real encouragement, support, and help for the quit.  The new site is actually focused on quitting instead of anal retentive posting rules and pissing contests to see who has the biggest balls.  Enjoy yourselves while I quit elsewhere.
Glad to be with the big balls.

See ya.

Edited to add: What's their stats over there? Did you know that on your own your chances of being quit in six months is 5%? Here... Your odds are nearly quadrupled. And guess what? If you post roll and follow the "rules" and are a man of HONOR and INTEGRITY (Former Air Force here, proud to have served my country so don't dare say I have no right to use those words) then your odds go up 100%.

You caved. And then you carried on like nothing happened and now you're mad at those calling you out? You are an addict and for your sake I hope someone at that other site has big balls too and can call you on it.
:wub: ^
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline jaynellie

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: being a good husband a good dad, riding our quads at the dunes, watching my children turn into adults
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2013, 12:01:00 AM »
Found a different site - much better. Finding real encouragement, support, and help for the quit. The new site is actually focused on quitting instead of anal retentive posting rules and pissing contests to see who has the biggest balls. Enjoy yourselves while I quit elsewhere.
Different Site?? You mean a softer more forgiving......don't talk honesty..don't give me shit...don't call me on my shit....We can't hold hands at recess?? Either way "Quit" is the only way.QLF!!!!
"You never have to remember what you said, if you always tell the truth"

"Post roll everyday and your chances of staying quit goes up 100%" --mememe

Offline LionHeartedGirl

• Quitter
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2013, 11:55:00 PM »
Found a different site - much better.  Finding real encouragement, support, and help for the quit.  The new site is actually focused on quitting instead of anal retentive posting rules and pissing contests to see who has the biggest balls.  Enjoy yourselves while I quit elsewhere.
Glad to be with the big balls.

See ya.

Edited to add: What's their stats over there? Did you know that on your own your chances of being quit in six months is 5%? Here... Your odds are nearly quadrupled. And guess what? If you post roll and follow the "rules" and are a man of HONOR and INTEGRITY (Former Air Force here, proud to have served my country so don't dare say I have no right to use those words) then your odds go up 100%.

You caved. And then you carried on like nothing happened and now you're mad at those calling you out? You are an addict and for your sake I hope someone at that other site has big balls too and can call you on it.
QUIT LIKE A GIRL!

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2013, 11:15:00 PM »
Found a different site - much better. Finding real encouragement, support, and help for the quit. The new site is actually focused on quitting instead of anal retentive posting rules and pissing contests to see who has the biggest balls. Enjoy yourselves while I quit elsewhere.
What site? Probably "Quit Smokeless" its where all the Pussies go to spin their tires in the mud.

"Oh, you caved today? Well that's ok, you tried real hard for 20 days. Great job. Get back on that horse and try again slugger. We will support you. The 5,232 time is always the charm".

Meanwhile you slooowly continue to commit suicide.

Enjoy the fag fest over there.

This sites for real quitters.

Close your account and get the fuck out.

Bitch.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline mney65

• Interests: Weightlifting, firearms, Harley Davidson, Mostly my wife
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2013, 11:09:00 PM »

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2013, 09:44:00 PM »
Quote from: Instigator
I am not an English major Gator but did you mean motivate us not to fail?
Er...yes. sorry.

:wub:
i think he needs a new spell check. Don't get it from trauma,,, please?
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Instigator

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2013, 09:00:00 PM »
Er...yes. sorry.

:wub:
The Rozzers--Catching crims and locking them up...in your community

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2013, 08:54:00 PM »
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Instigator

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2013, 07:33:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
Quote from: jake
Where you at bro?  Your last statement on this thread was that you were gonna leave because of all the abuse.  You haven't posted in 2 days, but I just saw you on the site reading this thread.  How is it going?  Did you decide to leave?  If so I am guessing that it's not working to well.  Or else you wouldn't be back here checking your thread.  Yes we will still pay attention!  Feel free to come back and post roll.  Not gonna coddle you but I do want to put it out there that words are only words, If they drive you away then you are not ready anyway, but if you choose to come back you are welcome to come back and post. You were on this site but you are not posting role!  That tells me that you wanna be here!  Don't let pride stop you!  Post an honest day!
Jake speaks from the heart as i do. Your quit is important to us. Post roll and let's Get back to quitting.
You said it right here. His quit is important to you. Your quit is important to ne. But here's why that is so.

We talk about the 'abuse', the 'tough love'...whatever you want call it. The main reason I always busted on a caver is because it scared me. I've seen vets with commas cave and it scared the piss out of me.

Failure hits close to home. Our rage in dealing with the caver is a coping mechanism as much as anything. If we fire up in anger at a cave, we hope deep down it will motivate us to fail.
The Rozzers--Catching crims and locking them up...in your community