Author Topic: My fresh start.  (Read 5040 times)

Offline danbighands

• Quitter
    • www.youtube.com
  • Interests: oncorhynchus, bukowski, and the king of country western troubadours.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My fresh start.
« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2013, 12:08:00 PM »
Update: nic free 3 days in the woods. drank a couple beers each night, so ate shit on the staying sober part but didnt get too rowdy and was able to keep the nic bitch at bay.

new technique to qualm craves: guys were drinkin some coronas w/ lime and I found that if i shoved a lime wedge in my lip it stretched her out good and gave me something other than seeds to curb the oral fixation, cuz my cheeks are getting pretty leathery from those seeds.
fishcamp womern, baby I like the way you smell.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2013, 10:27:00 AM »
its Friday am lets get an update Dan
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2013, 10:06:00 AM »
Where are ya, Dan?
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2013, 04:54:00 PM »
Quote from: danbighands
headed to the woods for 3 days. no drinking for me, staying quit this time. check back in on thurs night/fri morning.
I will PM you my numbers. Text me and I will post for you.
Unknown Hinson would do no less

Offline danbighands

• Quitter
    • www.youtube.com
  • Interests: oncorhynchus, bukowski, and the king of country western troubadours.
« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2013, 04:40:00 PM »
headed to the woods for 3 days. no drinking for me, staying quit this time. check back in on thurs night/fri morning.

Offline danbighands

• Quitter
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2013, 12:47:00 PM »
Quote from: traumagnet
Who do u go to the wood with?  Do you go w a supervisor if so I spose you could write your days down have them sign off u were dip free scan it and send it to who keeps your time sheet.  Me personally I don't know of any area more remote than north Dakota where there would b no service for 200 miles.  I think u need to contact a mod or pm
Sometimes I go with bossman, but most of the time its just me and a coworker. Bossman is very supportive of the quit, so when he's around I have no problems. Coworker is a user, not a hardcore user, but a once a day (usually at night) user. He wants to quit, but hasn't sacked up yet.

There's plenty of remote spots where you can get out of cell range pretty good over here on the west. Our trips take us all over northern cali, oregon, nevada and idaho.

Posting roll is what this site is all about, and why you guys have had so much success. I won't be able to post roll in the same manner that you guys are doing, but I'll get creative like wt suggests... promise you guys telepathically or something. ODAAT.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2013, 10:45:00 AM »
Quote from: srans
The problem is that we quit one day at a time and posting like that involves multiple days.
ya, dont wanna fuck with what works. I'll figure something out, even if its just writing my promise down on a napkin, snapping a pic of it and posting it up when i get back.

Maybe then I can get rid of the x's? When I look on the spreadsheet and see x's it makes me feel like im half-assing it.

It disheartening when someone you put time into caves, especially when advice was given on the very thing that caused the cave.
it was a bad day for all of us, brother, and it wont ever happen again. NAFAR, fucking hate the stuff.
Who do u go to the wood with? Do you go w a supervisor if so I spose you could write your days down have them sign off u were dip free scan it and send it to who keeps your time sheet. Me personally I don't know of any area more remote than north Dakota where there would b no service for 200 miles. I think u need to contact a mod or pm
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

MY HOF speech

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2013, 10:39:00 AM »
The problem is that we quit one day at a time and posting like that involves multiple days.
ya, dont wanna fuck with what works. I'll figure something out, even if its just writing my promise down on a napkin, snapping a pic of it and posting it up when i get back.

Maybe then I can get rid of the x's? When I look on the spreadsheet and see x's it makes me feel like im half-assing it.
There was a guy that was out on maneuvers for 2 weeks with no cell and they gave him a blank rather than an X on the spreadsheet, ask your group. Just beware, don't look for reasons that you can't post it will become a habit leading to failure. Get inventive, maybe promise someone your with.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline danbighands

• Quitter
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2013, 10:22:00 AM »

It disheartening when someone you put time into caves, especially when advice was given on the very thing that caused the cave.
it was a bad day for all of us, brother, and it wont ever happen again. appreciate all the support from you and applejack. NAFAR, fucking hate the stuff.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2013, 08:51:00 AM »
Thanks AppleJack.

Another question: for the times where I know I am going to be out of celly range for a couple days I still want to make a promise and post roll. Let's say I know Im going to be gone for 3 days, can I post a +3? Or do I just let you guys know on my intro thread and take the x's on the spreadsheet?
I don't have an answer for you dan. I thinks it's real important for you to post though. I suppose I would except a promise for multiple days on your roll post. The problem is that we quit one day at a time and posting like that involves multiple days. With a job like yours I could see the problem.

Maybe you'll get some better answers from others. If not post something somewhere. Make that promise, if it's just for yourself,, and then most importantly keep it.

If you didn't notice, I, for one have been following your quit and really want you to succeed. You'll notice that I put a comment on your intro right after you caved and didn't come back until yesterday.

Caving is not alright around here. I believe in giving a person the benefit of the doubt and no this is one of the hardest drugs known to man to quit. I believe you have what it takes, but another failure would solidify for me that you don't need my help and advice is not enough for you. It disheartening when someone you put time into caves, especially when advice was given on the very thing that caused the cave. I don't want anymore apologies. You already have done that enough. What you need to do now is........... STAY QUIT!!!!! I'm quit with you bro.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline danbighands

• Quitter
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2013, 02:30:00 AM »
Thanks AppleJack.

Another question: for the times where I know I am going to be out of celly range for a couple days I still want to make a promise and post roll. Let's say I know Im going to be gone for 3 days, can I post a +3? Or do I just let you guys know on my intro thread and take the x's on the spreadsheet?

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2013, 01:40:00 AM »
NAFAR

Never Again For Any Reason

Soak that up bro... Repeat it over and over and over and...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline danbighands

• Quitter
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2013, 12:30:00 AM »
Is your job, like top secret kinda stuff?  If not i sure would like to know what you do.  I'm game for a job change.  Especially if its fishing, hunting and camping.  Get paid also.  Hell!!  Sign me up.  Where do i get the app.  If your having trouble staying quit and need to give it up let me know.  I can fish just fine without a lipper.  Let me know!
Ha, I can fish just fine without a dip too! Its the drinking part that fucks me up.

I love my job, and would never give it up. I do biology stuff with fish. Catch them in various locations and take genetics samples then work the samples up in the lab. Thats the jist of it. Not top secret, but about as cool as being batman to me.

n that there is how it should be the QUIT comes first NAFAR ODAAT not just acronyms or random letters they are how we do it here.  Now get away you smell like a fishy whore house....lol
You dont like that smell? What kinda man are you? 'Crazy' I figured out that ODAAT is one day at a time, but what does NAFAR stand for?

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2013, 05:16:00 PM »
Is your job, like top secret kinda stuff? If not i sure would like to know what you do. I'm game for a job change. Especially if its fishing, hunting and camping. Get paid also. Hell!! Sign me up. Where do i get the app. If your having trouble staying quit and need to give it up let me know. I can fish just fine without a lipper. Let me know!
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2013, 04:52:00 PM »
Moving this over to my intro thread:

I failed 6 days ago, 12 days in.

I got cocky. I went out into the woods, out of cell coverage for days and drank in excess with old buddies who dip.

I set myself up for failure.
I was feeling good. Didnt get nic cravings that bad for two days. Feeling too good.

Started drinking, had no back up plan for when the cravings hit, and then next thing I know, I'm asking for a dip. It didnt even feel or taste good. I got no satisfaction out of it, just the miserable feeling of fucking up. A feeling that lasts for days and days.

Tomorrow it will be a week since I failed, and it still makes me sick to think about it.
Don't get too confident.
Don't take the board and your brothers for granted, like I did.
Don't be a pussy, like I was.

Duck Fips. Glad the rest of Oct doesn't suck as much as me. Stay quit.
Quote from: Dougie

Good to see you back Dan- this should be in your intro thread, that way you can look back at your complete journey not the parts that are "good."

Stay quit dont be a pussy!
Quote from: AppleJack

I think you're starting to see where your head needs to be bro. You have my number man... use it!

Also... I get where you're coming from wanting to start a new thread but... you only get one. Ask one of the mods to merge this into your original. You may think you want a fresh start but... later on... you need to see this whole journey, warts and all. You need to remember and feel the pain of your cave. Never again.
Mr Bighands,
Sounds like you have a much better plan then get sauced and dip your face off pun intended. Also add this plan if a big crave comes up start walking your happy ass down the road goat trail until you reach cell service. Can you hear me now? Reach out. Point is walking to service gets you away from the Bitch exercise will help quell the crave and a call will give you confidence to fight her.

PM me if you need my digits
I was about 80 miles from cell service, but a walk definitely would've cooled my crave, sobered me up. I've got a fishing/camping work-trip lined up for mon through thursday next week, about 200 miles from service. Decided to stay sober for the trip.
n that there is how it should be the QUIT comes first NAFAR ODAAT not just acronyms or random letters they are how we do it here. Now get away you smell like a fishy whore house....lol

MY HOF speech