Author Topic: My fresh start.  (Read 5042 times)

Offline danbighands

• Quitter
    • www.youtube.com
  • Interests: oncorhynchus, bukowski, and the king of country western troubadours.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My fresh start.
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2013, 04:46:00 PM »
Quote from: traumagnet
Quote from: danbighands
Moving this over to my intro thread:

I failed 6 days ago, 12 days in.

I got cocky. I went out into the woods, out of cell coverage for days and drank in excess with old buddies who dip.

I set myself up for failure.
I was feeling good. Didnt get nic cravings that bad for two days. Feeling too good.

Started drinking, had no back up plan for when the cravings hit, and then next thing I know, I'm asking for a dip. It didnt even feel or taste good. I got no satisfaction out of it, just the miserable feeling of fucking up. A feeling that lasts for days and days.

Tomorrow it will be a week since I failed, and it still makes me sick to think about it.
Don't get too confident.
Don't take the board and your brothers for granted, like I did.
Don't be a pussy, like I was.

Duck Fips. Glad the rest of Oct doesn't suck as much as me. Stay quit.
Quote from: Dougie

Good to see you back Dan- this should be in your intro thread, that way you can look back at your complete journey not the parts that are "good."

Stay quit dont be a pussy!
Quote from: AppleJack

I think you're starting to see where your head needs to be bro. You have my number man... use it!

Also... I get where you're coming from wanting to start a new thread but... you only get one. Ask one of the mods to merge this into your original. You may think you want a fresh start but... later on... you need to see this whole journey, warts and all. You need to remember and feel the pain of your cave. Never again.
Mr Bighands,
Sounds like you have a much better plan then get sauced and dip your face off pun intended. Also add this plan if a big crave comes up start walking your happy ass down the road goat trail until you reach cell service. Can you hear me now? Reach out. Point is walking to service gets you away from the Bitch exercise will help quell the crave and a call will give you confidence to fight her.

PM me if you need my digits
I was about 80 miles from cell service, but a walk definitely would've cooled my crave, sobered me up. I've got a fishing/camping work-trip lined up for mon through thursday next week, about 200 miles from service. Decided to stay sober for the trip.
fishcamp womern, baby I like the way you smell.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2013, 03:56:00 PM »

I got cocky. I went out into the woods, out of cell coverage for days and drank in excess with old buddies who dip.

I was feeling good. Didnt get nic cravings that bad for two days. Feeling too good.

Started drinking, had no back up plan for when the cravings hit, and then next thing I know, I'm asking for a dip. It didnt even feel or taste good. I got no satisfaction out of it, just the miserable feeling of fucking up. A feeling that lasts for days and days.

Tomorrow it will be a week since I failed, and it still makes me sick to think about it.
Don't get too confident.

Good to see you back Dan- this should be in your intro thread, that way you can look back at your complete journey not the parts that are "good."

I think you're starting to see where your head needs to be bro. You have my number man... use it!

Also... I get where you're coming from wanting to start a new thread but... you only get one. Ask one of the mods to merge this into your original. You may think you want a fresh start but... later on... you need to see this whole journey, warts and all. You need to remember and feel the pain of your cave. Never again.
Mr Bighands,
Sounds like you have a much better plan then get sauced and dip your face off pun intended. Also add this plan if a big crave comes up start walking your happy ass down the road goat trail until you reach cell service. Can you hear me now? Reach out. Point is walking to service gets you away from the Bitch exercise will help quell the crave and a call will give you confidence to fight her.

PM me if you need my digits
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2013, 07:40:00 AM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
You don't get to 'start fresh" with a new intro.  This isn't madden football where if your losing a game,  you just hit the reset button and try again.

This goes on your "record".  This SHOULD be part of your quit journey.  Your shit is gonna get merged as it should be.  Learn from it.

You don't like it...tough shit.  You shouldn't have caved.
sounds good dude, i moved it over there about 3 hours ago. mods, feel free to erase this thread
Atta Boy. Way to man the fuck up. You're gonna look back at your intro one day and be thankful EVERYTHING is on there.

Hell, I left the site for awhile because I was such a pussy. I wanted that shit off my "record" but now its a part of ME and my quit.

Sometimes you gotta wear shit. Not the end of the world. You wanna see the end of the world keep stuffing your cakehole full of posion. You'll be fucking DEAD before you know it.

Quit on...
Glad your back Dan. I am on Day 4 of my quit. Check out my intro thread if you have a chance, my mistakes are all there. I gave up on day 2 twice, then I really felt like a pussy. I am glad I came back and I refuse to let these guys down again by stuffing that poison in my lip today!

Quit with you today my October brother!

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2013, 01:07:00 AM »
You don't get to 'start fresh" with a new intro.  This isn't madden football where if your losing a game,  you just hit the reset button and try again.

This goes on your "record".  This SHOULD be part of your quit journey.  Your shit is gonna get merged as it should be.  Learn from it.

You don't like it...tough shit.  You shouldn't have caved.
sounds good dude, i moved it over there about 3 hours ago. mods, feel free to erase this thread
Atta Boy. Way to man the fuck up. You're gonna look back at your intro one day and be thankful EVERYTHING is on there.

Hell, I left the site for awhile because I was such a pussy. I wanted that shit off my "record" but now its a part of ME and my quit.

Sometimes you gotta wear shit. Not the end of the world. You wanna see the end of the world keep stuffing your cakehole full of posion. You'll be fucking DEAD before you know it.

Quit on...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline danbighands

• Quitter
    • www.youtube.com
  • Interests: oncorhynchus, bukowski, and the king of country western troubadours.
« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2013, 12:46:00 AM »
You don't get to 'start fresh" with a new intro. This isn't madden football where if your losing a game, you just hit the reset button and try again.

This goes on your "record". This SHOULD be part of your quit journey. Your shit is gonna get merged as it should be. Learn from it.

You don't like it...tough shit. You shouldn't have caved.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2013, 12:10:00 AM »
You don't get to 'start fresh" with a new intro. This isn't madden football where if your losing a game, you just hit the reset button and try again.

This goes on your "record". This SHOULD be part of your quit journey. Your shit is gonna get merged as it should be. Learn from it.

You don't like it...tough shit. You shouldn't have caved.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Gonehuntn79

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family and the great outdoors.
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2013, 11:58:00 PM »
I failed 6 days ago, 12 days in. (Many of you have already heard, but I wanted to make a new thread for the new start.)

Don't get too confident.

Great advice with a humble attitude. I like it. Quit on brother.
"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word,
a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring,
all of which have the potential to turn a life around." ---Leo Buscaglia

Encourage your quit brothers!

Money saved as of 11/6/13=$885.00

Offline danbighands

• Quitter
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2013, 11:18:00 PM »

Don't get too confident.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2013, 10:15:00 PM »

Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Dougie

• Quitter
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2013, 08:44:00 PM »
I failed 6 days ago, 12 days in. (Many of you have already heard, but I wanted to make a new thread for the new start.)

Don't get too confident.

Offline danbighands

• Quitter
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2013, 08:36:00 PM »

Don't get too confident.

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2013, 12:34:00 PM »
Hell it was probably easier! To all the fishing folks out there...not only is dip bad, and quit good, but tobacco smell and the chemicals that come from it, get on whatever form of bait you're using and it deters fish. I'm sure you have caught a bunch of fish while using (i know i did) but i have read many fishing articles that say that not using can and should result in more fish caught. Kinda silly i know but just my .01. peace
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline danbighands

• Quitter
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2013, 11:54:00 AM »
Feeling good. Caught over fifty fish in two days. Went easy on the sauce, not so easy on the seeds, nic free.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2013, 10:41:00 AM »
Dude... Update.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Polish Workhorse

• Quitter
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2013, 11:42:00 AM »
Also, I know it's your job, but if being in the woods is what causes you to crave, then maybe, as crazy at it sounds, you may need to think about a break or a career change. Yes, I said a career change. That it is how serious your quit should be. You should be willing to change any aspect of your life that will tempt you into caving.

Believe me, it's better than no jaw or a face that is rotting off.

Use the resources here. For the first 30 days of my quit, I would look at the cancer pics anytime I had a craving. Believe me, if anything would kill a crave quick, it would be those pics.

Chew the fake stuff, chew gum, bang your head on a tree, I don't know do anything you can to stay away.

PM everyone here, the more accountability the better. I'll give you my info anytime, but you have got to want it like nothing you have ever wanted in your life.

Get over yourself, accept that your an addict and CHANGE your life and habits. Stay away from anything and I mean ANYTHING that will tempt you.