Author Topic: My fresh start.  (Read 5044 times)

Offline danbighands

• Quitter
    • www.youtube.com
  • Interests: oncorhynchus, bukowski, and the king of country western troubadours.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My fresh start.
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2013, 02:25:00 PM »
I'll throw away the gum when I get back home today, since you all seem to think its a bad idea to have it around. But I still think caving to a can would be way worse than caving to gum. Regardless, Im not caving so it doesnt make a difference. And if tossing the nicorette makes you all happy, consider it done.
fishcamp womern, baby I like the way you smell.

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2013, 01:41:00 PM »
Quote from: Steve1357
Quote from: srans
Quote from: danbighands
im doing the cold turkey, dont want it to sound like i am thinking about the gum anymore. you guys convinced me to do it your way. i guess i just need that gum to sit there so that i dont drive to the gas station for a can.
You've made a great decision. Things are going to suck for a few days, but it is so worth it.

I don't like hearing you're gum is still readily available. I understand that it cost a little, but do you need it? Hell no,, your quit. Bro quitting comes from deep. Close every door on the poison, or it will sneak back in. Cover any cracks or holes, or it will find a way through them.

You've made it two days, there is no reason you can't make it today. Quit with you.
Sorry man, but you are looking at it the wrong way. Chewing gum is exactly the same as throwing in a chew. Thinking that a cave to gum is some how better than a cave too chew is complete bullshit. You have gone over 2 days without nicotine in your system and your body is detoxing. After 72 hours, all the nicotine in your body will be out. Chewing one piece of gum will erase all that you have accomplished the past two days. You are a nicotine addict and you need to break your dependency from it.

You do not need a safety net. Throw the gum out, because you are quit now. Who cares about the $40 you spent on it; it's a sunk cost; a bad investment. Think of all the money you will be saving in the future!
It gets better so keep on. Good job on getting rid of the Gum? The nic has to come out at some time. Now is as good as any. Two days in is awesome! Get a chance go read my intro thread. Some great advice on your thread man. You need me let me know.
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline steve1357

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Browns, Indians, Buckeyes.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2013, 10:52:00 AM »
Quote from: srans
im doing the cold turkey, dont want it to sound like i am thinking about the gum anymore. you guys convinced me to do it your way. i guess i just need that gum to sit there so that i dont drive to the gas station for a can.
You've made a great decision. Things are going to suck for a few days, but it is so worth it.

I don't like hearing you're gum is still readily available. I understand that it cost a little, but do you need it? Hell no,, your quit. Bro quitting comes from deep. Close every door on the poison, or it will sneak back in. Cover any cracks or holes, or it will find a way through them.

You've made it two days, there is no reason you can't make it today. Quit with you.
Sorry man, but you are looking at it the wrong way. Chewing gum is exactly the same as throwing in a chew. Thinking that a cave to gum is some how better than a cave too chew is complete bullshit. You have gone over 2 days without nicotine in your system and your body is detoxing. After 72 hours, all the nicotine in your body will be out. Chewing one piece of gum will erase all that you have accomplished the past two days. You are a nicotine addict and you need to break your dependency from it.

You do not need a safety net. Throw the gum out, because you are quit now. Who cares about the $40 you spent on it; it's a sunk cost; a bad investment. Think of all the money you will be saving in the future!

Offline jbradley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2013, 10:34:00 AM »
Do you really want to do days 1 and 2 all over again? If you want to relive this experience over and over keep the gum handy. If you want to be free, and never go through that again go flush that crap, don't throw it away. Slam the door brother, no going back! That $40 is the best freedom money can buy. Flush it and be free.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2013, 05:11:00 AM »

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline danbighands

• Quitter
    • www.youtube.com
  • Interests: oncorhynchus, bukowski, and the king of country western troubadours.
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2013, 03:58:00 AM »

Offline danbighands

• Quitter
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2013, 03:54:00 AM »
Quote from: Minny
Well, what'd you do with the gum, banana hands?
I got through day two of no nicotine. sweaty and have no... as im writing this i am forgetting the word... concentration? still doesnt seem like the right word.

slept okay last night though. thought that was going to be the hardest, but it turns out that 6pm, getting home after work, is the hardest. gum is still sitting in the cupboard, though. havent had the nerve to throw away 40 dollars. it will stay there, untouched for a while... i figure its better for that to tease me than chew.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 07:55:00 AM »
Whether you know it or not right now you're bound. Your bound by a enemy that has no sole. Your enemy is nicotine. This drug does one thing well.. TAKE.

Takes your freedom while draining you of your money, integrity and precious life.

The poison is lying to you. Right now you can't see the truth. Life is so much better without it. Think about it. Wouldn't it be nice to not worry how your going to get your next fix. 1000's are doing right now. Join us. Take you're life back. The poison is not going to give it back, you have to take it.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 05:44:00 AM »
Well, what'd you do with the gum, banana hands?
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 01:10:00 AM »
cold turkey...get the pain over all at once the slow band aid pull is for sadists if you love pain do the gum and keep your addiction in full swing. there is another cat here that decided to patch it for months well he is on day one or two, apple and I are in our late 70s for numbers quit. Apple and I sucked it up dropped our nuts and went for it. We didn't wean we sucked it up and kicked the bitch to the curb. Now if you were to ask us I know I can speak for myself I am so glad I said fuck it and went cold turkey. If you asked Apple I am sure he would say the same.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 07:25:00 PM »
Listen to us... Cold turkey is the way to go. No "weaning" yourself off of nicotine... Be a man and go all in. You want some "man points" this is it bro. Do it.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline danbighands

• Quitter
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 06:46:00 PM »
I got your pm and tried to send you one back, but am unsure if it went through.

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 06:34:00 PM »
Well, that sucks... K
cold turkey is the only way to quit

check you Inbox (1) upper right
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline danbighands

• Quitter
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 06:27:00 PM »
Well, that sucks... K

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 06:19:00 PM »
Flush the gum - you're just prolonging the nic withdrawal

This a NO NICOTINE site. End of discussion. Why this Site Works
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance