Author Topic: My fresh start.  (Read 5045 times)

Offline danbighands

• Quitter
    • www.youtube.com
  • Interests: oncorhynchus, bukowski, and the king of country western troubadours.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My fresh start.
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2013, 12:43:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
If you hear any banjos run !
I can always count on you for sound advice, srans!
'chief' - why is this an option?
fishcamp womern, baby I like the way you smell.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2013, 12:32:00 PM »
Quote from: danbighands
My quit is feeling more and more precious to me every day.

I'm headed out into the woods for a couple days, likely no service.

Stay quit brothers.
Enjoy it and keep that quit close. If you hear any banjos run ! 'crackup'
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2013, 12:31:00 PM »

Stay quit brothers.
No cell service either? If you can get a text out send it to one of the peeps you have in your fone and they can post for you. Read ET's thread. accountibility is key. posting is key. I know service can be difficult way out here in the middle of nowhere ND service can just suck....but I try to get a text out
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline danbighands

• Quitter
    • www.youtube.com
  • Interests: oncorhynchus, bukowski, and the king of country western troubadours.
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2013, 12:27:00 PM »

Stay quit brothers.

Offline danbighands

• Quitter
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2013, 12:34:00 PM »
Quote from: wastepanel
Thanks guys. nothing like coming home from work and seeing a wall of support.

I got pretty close to caving last night, on day 8. closest ive come yet. so i posted, and immediately applejack dropped some words of wisdom on my ass. so thanks applejack, and everyone else for the advice.

just taking it one day at a time seems like the general theme, and i will continue to take it one day at a time. thats what happened, i started thinking 50 days into the future, and started freaking out.

im quit today.
You better be.

You got numbers bud?

Also, I have to say it as I sing it to myself every time I see your name:

(dan)bighands...I know you're the one.

When I'm walkin' I strut my stuff, man I'm so strung out
I'm high as a kite I just might stop to check you out

Let me go on like I blister in the sun,
Let me go on big hands I know you're the one

When I'm walkin...
yaya, i got some digits.
glad i can get an awesome song started up in your head!

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2013, 08:48:00 PM »

I got pretty close to caving last night, on day 8. closest ive come yet. so i posted, and immediately applejack dropped some words of wisdom on my ass. so thanks applejack, and everyone else for the advice.

just taking it one day at a time seems like the general theme, and i will continue to take it one day at a time. thats what happened, i started thinking 50 days into the future, and started freaking out.

im quit today.
You better be.

You got numbers bud?

Also, I have to say it as I sing it to myself every time I see your name:

(dan)bighands...I know you're the one.

When I'm walkin' I strut my stuff, man I'm so strung out
I'm high as a kite I just might stop to check you out

Let me go on like I blister in the sun,
Let me go on big hands I know you're the one

When I'm walkin...
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline danbighands

• Quitter
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2013, 08:39:00 PM »

im quit today.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2013, 06:53:00 PM »
Quote from: Greg5280
Get your mind right and it starts getting easier.
Beautiful! This is the key...

STAY QUIT
Greg
Yes. I would like to share my experience if you don't mind. I had 3 phases to my quit. Maybe you are in phase 2? I don't know but you might.

1. Phase 1 was quitting 1 day at a time, 1 hour at a time, 1 breath at a time. I was like many of us. Fighting like hell just to stay quit. Quitting sucked.

2. My phase 2 was when I came to grips that I was a nicotine addict and could never have another. I have written many times, "When I admitted I was addicted to nicotine, I controlled nicotine instead of nicotine controlling me. It did not make quitting easy, it just meant I called the shots."

3. Phase 3 was way way after day 100. I became so comfortable with the new me and realized and appreciated my freedom so much I knew I never wanted to use again. Someone coined the phrase on this site, "Shutting the Door" Once I shut the door, quitting became easy. It is just who I am.

NAFAR

Great post. Keep working at it and you will slowly reinvent what it is to be you.

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2013, 06:36:00 PM »
Get your mind right and it starts getting easier.
Beautiful! This is the key...

STAY QUIT
Greg

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2013, 04:16:00 PM »
You asked a good question and if you don't mind i would like to throw my 3 cents in,, inflation you know.

Here's the way i started looking at the whole hundred day perspective of how much easier it will be. If you can get your head around this you'll possibly start turning the corner.

Does it really Matter right now how your going to feel at 100. Now is where you are and now is all that matters. Yes things are a lot better say 100, 200,300 but you have today to worry about.

I dont know when, but i began looking at it like this. SCREW THE POISON!!! I don't care how long until i feel better and don't crave as much. I'm never giving myself over to slavery again. I hate the poison. 10, 20,30, 100, 200... I could care less. Today I'm free from the poison and that's what really matters.

Get your mind right and it starts getting easier. Quit on brother.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline FuFuTheSnu

• Quitter
  • Interests: Only aspartame. I love it and I wish they would put it in the drinking water because I can't get enough of it. It is better than Breaking Bad season 5, know what I'm sayin'?
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2013, 11:49:00 AM »
Quote from: jake
Quote from: FuFuTheSnu
Quote from: traumagnet
do you guys still struggle after 100 days?
Yes, it gets easier, calm down. The cravings and mind games come and go, but they lessen in intensity over time. What seems impossible now (dealing with craves, etc.) will become second nature (dare I say, "easy") in time. It's hard to comprehend early on, but it is possible to make it through to the other side (and it is super rewarding). TRUST ME, I'M NOT MAKING IT UP. IT'S THE TRUTH. I'm not spending my time here trying to bullshit anyone or lie. It can and WILL happen for you, just hang in there. If you're going through hell, keep going.
Love the country song reference FUFU.... It does get better bro. I'm on day 51 and the fog is gone 98% Craves come and go, But you teach yourself coping skills along the way. It becomes a NEW second nature!
I had no idea that was in any way related to a country song. So, country music has some modicum of redeeming social value? Nah, couldn't be... I hereby retract all references to any and all country/western lyrics I've ever inadvertently made, and replace them all with "Whoomp, there it is" #streetcred

Seriously though DBH, just quit today. Don't worry about the mountainous terrain ahead. By the time you get there the mountains may look like anthills.
So, you see, the puppy was like industry, in that they were both lost in the woods. And nobody, especially the little boy - "society" - knew where to find 'em. Except that the puppy... was a DOG. But the industry, my friends, THAT was a revolution.

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2013, 11:45:00 AM »
Yes, it gets easier, calm down. The cravings and mind games come and go, but they lessen in intensity over time. What seems impossible now (dealing with craves, etc.) will become second nature (dare I say, "easy") in time. It's hard to comprehend early on, but it is possible to make it through to the other side (and it is super rewarding). TRUST ME, I'M NOT MAKING IT UP. IT'S THE TRUTH. I'm not spending my time here trying to bullshit anyone or lie. It can and WILL happen for you, just hang in there. If you're going through hell, keep going.
I second this. The magic is not thinking about being quit forever, it is just about being quit today. Your mind really is tricking you that you can't live without it. If you entertain it, then the fight becomes dangerous. So just trick your mind back. You can go without today. Thats all you need to do.

One day with so many consecutive quit days, you will come to an understanding that you not only don't need it, you won't want it. It becomes disgusting to you.

That day is coming if you only focus and worry about todays and piss on tomorrows. Who cares about tomorrow? You are quit today. If you wake and its a new Today...repeat.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2013, 11:40:00 AM »
Love the country song reference FUFU.... It does get better bro. I'm on day 51 and the fog is gone 98% Craves come and go, But you teach yourself coping skills along the way. It becomes a NEW second nature!

Offline FuFuTheSnu

• Quitter
  • Interests: Only aspartame. I love it and I wish they would put it in the drinking water because I can't get enough of it. It is better than Breaking Bad season 5, know what I'm sayin'?
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2013, 11:35:00 AM »
So, you see, the puppy was like industry, in that they were both lost in the woods. And nobody, especially the little boy - "society" - knew where to find 'em. Except that the puppy... was a DOG. But the industry, my friends, THAT was a revolution.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2013, 10:56:00 AM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: srans
Quote from: Minny
Made it through the fishing/camping weekend. Wrapping up day 7. Feels good guys.
Dude, that's awesome! A tempting weekend with the buddies so close to day 1 is tough. Keep it up. You're going to feel better at work this week.

It feels good to know that you didn't cave this weekend, doesn't it?

Quit with you, bro
Good job bro. You weren't kidding when you quit. You meant business. Screw the poison. Glad to be quit with you.
Hell ya it feels good to not have caved over the weekend. definitely owe some credit to supportive friends and my quit brethren for keeping me accountable.

still get that itch pretty hard core, thought that that itch wouldve gone away after 5 days or so, when the nic got out of my system... definitely not the case. do you guys still struggle after 100 days? can feel the nic playing with me, telling me its not worth it -- why live miserably? its better to die early, it says. starting to agree.

im starting grad school up here in the fall, and if i am going to be in this funk still come sept... might have to rethink the timing of my quit.

i got all these excuses to cave all lined up, pathetic i know.. but seriously, tell me it gets better soon.
Sorry dude... Doesn't work that way. The nicotine may be gone from your system but your mindset has yet to heal/rewire away from its nic addiction. I wish I could tell you that "on day 10 it goes away" but... I can't. All I can tell you is it DOES get better brother. Beating those craves down becomes so much easier but you have to give it time. Everyone is different... For some this happens soon... For some, it can take a helluva long time. You can't heal years of physical abuse and mental addiction in just a few days. It's ridiculously unrealistic. Even 100 days isn't the magic number bro. Gotta stop that and really embrace this... Each day, one day at a time. Do NOT rethink the timing of your quit because you quit at the exact right time... Now! 5 days is monumental! Do it again tomorrow. And then... Do THAT again! It gets better man... It really does. Embrace this healing process because it means freedom. Drop me a pm if you need anything bro...
Dan you got free couch time from Apple...you got start changing your mindset you need a paradigm shift...nicotine was all just a lie it was robbing you of good days.

The die early part you spit in your thread...did not take into considerartion of the quality of life in that dying early talk. Ya die early with half your face or what if you stroke and dont die just found laying face down in puddle of brown spit. Having someone wipe you ass that gives two shits about you. There is no glamour in that nicotine is not pretty.

You gotta hate this shit with every cell in your body the depression and rage that you are probably getting ready to have, needs to be focused in the right place on hating everything the bitch stands for.

Repeat after me I will not CAVE I will use the tools I have learned I will reach out if I become weak and call text pm and ask for help.

It is not Ghey or weak its saving your damn life. you are worth it she is not.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech