Author Topic: My fresh start.  (Read 5043 times)

Offline haas0311

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My fresh start.
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2013, 10:38:00 AM »
Hey bud,

How are you doing today?

Offline danbighands

• Quitter
    • www.youtube.com
  • Interests: oncorhynchus, bukowski, and the king of country western troubadours.
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2013, 02:31:00 AM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Do NOT rethink the timing of your quit because you quit at the exact right time... Now!
Powerful words, thanks applejack.
fishcamp womern, baby I like the way you smell.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2013, 01:55:00 AM »
Quote from: danbighands
Quote from: srans
Quote from: Minny
Made it through the fishing/camping weekend. Wrapping up day 7. Feels good guys.
Dude, that's awesome! A tempting weekend with the buddies so close to day 1 is tough. Keep it up. You're going to feel better at work this week.

It feels good to know that you didn't cave this weekend, doesn't it?

Quit with you, bro
Good job bro. You weren't kidding when you quit. You meant business. Screw the poison. Glad to be quit with you.
Hell ya it feels good to not have caved over the weekend. definitely owe some credit to supportive friends and my quit brethren for keeping me accountable.

still get that itch pretty hard core, thought that that itch wouldve gone away after 5 days or so, when the nic got out of my system... definitely not the case. do you guys still struggle after 100 days? can feel the nic playing with me, telling me its not worth it -- why live miserably? its better to die early, it says. starting to agree.

im starting grad school up here in the fall, and if i am going to be in this funk still come sept... might have to rethink the timing of my quit.

i got all these excuses to cave all lined up, pathetic i know.. but seriously, tell me it gets better soon.

Sorry dude... Doesn't work that way. The nicotine may be gone from your system but your mindset has yet to heal/rewire away from its nic addiction. I wish I could tell you that "on day 10 it goes away" but... I can't. All I can tell you is it DOES get better brother. Beating those craves down becomes so much easier but you have to give it time. Everyone is different... For some this happens soon... For some, it can take a helluva long time. You can't heal years of physical abuse and mental addiction in just a few days. It's ridiculously unrealistic. Even 100 days isn't the magic number bro. Gotta stop that and really embrace this... Each day, one day at a time. Do NOT rethink the timing of your quit because you quit at the exact right time... Now! 5 days is monumental! Do it again tomorrow. And then... Do THAT again! It gets better man... It really does. Embrace this healing process because it means freedom. Drop me a pm if you need anything bro...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline danbighands

• Quitter
    • www.youtube.com
  • Interests: oncorhynchus, bukowski, and the king of country western troubadours.
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2013, 01:41:00 AM »
Made it through the fishing/camping weekend. Wrapping up day 7. Feels good guys.
Dude, that's awesome! A tempting weekend with the buddies so close to day 1 is tough. Keep it up. You're going to feel better at work this week.

Quit with you, bro
Good job bro. You weren't kidding when you quit. You meant business. Screw the poison. Glad to be quit with you.
Hell ya it feels good to not have caved over the weekend. definitely owe some credit to supportive friends and my quit brethren for keeping me accountable.

still get that itch pretty hard core, thought that that itch wouldve gone away after 5 days or so, when the nic got out of my system... definitely not the case. do you guys still struggle after 100 days? can feel the nic playing with me, telling me its not worth it -- why live miserably? its better to die early, it says. starting to agree.

im starting grad school up here in the fall, and if i am going to be in this funk still come sept... might have to rethink the timing of my quit.

i got all these excuses to cave all lined up, pathetic i know.. but seriously, tell me it gets better soon.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2013, 10:39:00 AM »

Quit with you, bro
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2013, 08:50:00 PM »

Quit with you, bro
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline danbighands

• Quitter
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2013, 08:24:00 PM »

Offline danbighands

• Quitter
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2013, 12:11:00 PM »
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen

Great job bro.  Three days is great, but remember it's just the beginning.  Have a great time on your camping trip. Is there people going with you that use??  Going to be very hard for you brother, not going to lie.  I'm not saying don't go, by no means, but what I am saying is check yourself.  How bad do you want this?  Make this quit the most important thing in your life and everything in your life will benefit.   

Do you have some numbers?  I'm sending you mine right now.  All you have to do is send me a text and I'll post for you. 

Make that promise everyday,  it is so important.  I know it's hard for you to see that right now, but trust me,  that promise is the foundation of your quit.  We take posting roll very seriously.  That is where you are promising yourself and all of us that you will not use for the day.  Have a good camping trip, but keep your quit close, I mean close!!!  Check your inbox, quit with you.
If you stay quit that jealousy will be replaced by pity. Don't romanticize nicotine, you must understand that it NEVER did anything good for you. The only thing nic is good for is removing the withdrawal that IT created.

Pitch that gum and post roll. If you can post then ask SRANS to help you. Posting roll is your accountability. An addict without accountability is a user, trust me on this. If you wanna quit, make a promise right now that you will not use today. Keep your promise. Do it again tomorrow. I quit with you. Reach out if you need help. Ah hey, if you are normal, YOU WILL NEED HELP, its OK. The day that I realized I needed help was the day that my "quit" actually had a chance.

Ryan
thanks guys. Ya one of my buddies thats going on the trip uses, but another is very supportive of me staying quit, so i think they'll cancel each other out. ill try to post roll through srans the next couple days, but have a feeling I might not have cell service.
Happy 4th

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2013, 08:16:00 AM »
just winding down my third day. kinda feeling not that bad. wasnt very productive at work and a little short tempered. but that itch isnt as strong. saw one of my labmate's dipping at work and i was jealous, but didnt cave. headed fishing/camping for three days tomorrow though with the lab, gonna be tough. and no internet, so no roll. ill check in on saturday night to fill you in.

and the gum is gone.
Great job bro. Three days is great, but remember it's just the beginning. Have a great time on your camping trip. Is there people going with you that use?? Going to be very hard for you brother, not going to lie. I'm not saying don't go, by no means, but what I am saying is check yourself. How bad do you want this? Make this quit the most important thing in your life and everything in your life will benefit.

Do you have some numbers? I'm sending you mine right now. All you have to do is send me a text and I'll post for you.

Make that promise everyday, it is so important. I know it's hard for you to see that right now, but trust me, that promise is the foundation of your quit. We take posting roll very seriously. That is where you are promising yourself and all of us that you will not use for the day. Have a good camping trip, but keep your quit close, I mean close!!! Check your inbox, quit with you.
If you stay quit that jealousy will be replaced by pity. Don't romanticize nicotine, you must understand that it NEVER did anything good for you. The only thing nic is good for is removing the withdrawal that IT created.

Pitch that gum and post roll. If you can post then ask SRANS to help you. Posting roll is your accountability. An addict without accountability is a user, trust me on this. If you wanna quit, make a promise right now that you will not use today. Keep your promise. Do it again tomorrow. I quit with you. Reach out if you need help. Ah hey, if you are normal, YOU WILL NEED HELP, its OK. The day that I realized I needed help was the day that my "quit" actually had a chance.

Ryan

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2013, 07:50:00 AM »
just winding down my third day. kinda feeling not that bad. wasnt very productive at work and a little short tempered. but that itch isnt as strong. saw one of my labmate's dipping at work and i was jealous, but didnt cave. headed fishing/camping for three days tomorrow though with the lab, gonna be tough. and no internet, so no roll. ill check in on saturday night to fill you in.

and the gum is gone.
Great job bro. Three days is great, but remember it's just the beginning. Have a great time on your camping trip. Is there people going with you that use?? Going to be very hard for you brother, not going to lie. I'm not saying don't go, by no means, but what I am saying is check yourself. How bad do you want this? Make this quit the most important thing in your life and everything in your life will benefit.

Do you have some numbers? I'm sending you mine right now. All you have to do is send me a text and I'll post for you.

Make that promise everyday, it is so important. I know it's hard for you to see that right now, but trust me, that promise is the foundation of your quit. We take posting roll very seriously. That is where you are promising yourself and all of us that you will not use for the day. Have a good camping trip, but keep your quit close, I mean close!!! Check your inbox, quit with you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline danbighands

• Quitter
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2013, 04:21:00 AM »

and the gum is gone.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2013, 04:38:00 PM »
But I still think caving to a can would be way worse than caving to gum.
Same damn thing. Nic is Nic is Nic anyway you look at it. Can, gum, patch, peace pipe, inserted anally. It is all the same.

kinda funny how an addicts brain rationalizes how one form can be less harmfull and less addictive than another. 'Crazy'

Get rid of it or you will be chewing it before the sun goes down.
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2013, 04:16:00 PM »
Quote from: SirDerek
I'll throw away the gum when I get back home today, since you all seem to think its a bad idea to have it around. But I still think caving to a can would be way worse than caving to gum. Regardless, Im not caving so it doesnt make a difference. And if tossing the nicorette makes you all happy, consider it done.
remember man, it is the nicotene that causes the addiction so no matter if it is can, cig, patch, gum, it would all keep you hooked and that is why you should get rid of it all.

just looking out for you as we were there, we got rid of it all, we did it One Day at a Time, just like you can do it. And you will do it, so hang tough and be strong.
Friend, i can see the battle in your head right now. You're addicted brain doesn't want it gone. We know because we've been there. Think of the statement you'll be making to yourself.

Here we quit, end of story.

Your not addicted to a can or gum. Your addicted to nicotine.

Screw the 40 bucks. By the way, we don't think it's a bad idea, we know it is.
You may think of it as "just" gum. We know it for what it really is... A different FORM of the drug we're all addicted to. Get rid of it...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2013, 03:09:00 PM »
Quote from: SirDerek
I'll throw away the gum when I get back home today, since you all seem to think its a bad idea to have it around. But I still think caving to a can would be way worse than caving to gum. Regardless, Im not caving so it doesnt make a difference. And if tossing the nicorette makes you all happy, consider it done.
remember man, it is the nicotene that causes the addiction so no matter if it is can, cig, patch, gum, it would all keep you hooked and that is why you should get rid of it all.

just looking out for you as we were there, we got rid of it all, we did it One Day at a Time, just like you can do it. And you will do it, so hang tough and be strong.
Friend, i can see the battle in your head right now. You're addicted brain doesn't want it gone. We know because we've been there. Think of the statement you'll be making to yourself.

Here we quit, end of story.

Your not addicted to a can or gum. Your addicted to nicotine.

Screw the 40 bucks. By the way, we don't think it's a bad idea, we know it is.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2013, 02:33:00 PM »