Author Topic: Where's your crown, KingNothing?  (Read 13028 times)

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Where's your crown, KingNothing?
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2015, 02:01:00 PM »
I had an interesting and unexpected event happen last night. My wife and I took her grandpa out to dinner at a nicer place to eat. We were sitting outside on a big patio area, and having a drink with her grandpa as he reminisced about the mine he used to work in 72 years ago (seriously). Anyway, we're chatting and having dinner and I see the waitress bring out this mondo crab crusted steak to a table about 15 feet away from ours. Not thinking to much of it at this point, but about five minutes later I look over and the guy that ordered it was just about done with it.

Upon further review, this guy has a can in the pocket of his shirt. This guy has cow-boy written all over him. Too tight Wranglers, cow-boy boots, big fluffy mustache, buckle, etc. He finishes up the mouth-watering steak by throwing in a lip.

For the last 40 days I've been conditioned to hate dip and the effects and all this stuff, but last night my mind started wandering. I had no desire to dip last night, and the thought never crossed my mind to go back to slavery. However, I did have that sneaky nostalgic thought, "remember when you used to be able to throw in a fatty after a big dinner and a nice beer during these glorious summer months, etc., etc. etc." Eventually I snapped out of it, but this stuff is still trying to play tricks on me. I'm only 40 days in so I expect this kind of stuff to happen, but it makes me realize why I need this site still. In previous stoppages, last night would have been more than enough ammunition to cave and "really enjoy a good dip." This site has me razor-focused on NAFAR. Not one dip, not one can. Addicts can't go back.

The last few days, several people in October and other groups have stopped posting roll because "they never think about it except when they're on here" or "they don't even have craves any more". I fully did not intend to go to a nicer restaurant last night and catch myself reminiscing back after watching a dude pack his lip right at the dinner table. I had this site, I'd been on several times yesterday reading and posting, so it was easy to shut down the thoughts while they were still merely whims instead of letting them explode into full blown hands-shaking craves. I also knew I had a pocketful of numbers if I really couldn't turn the tide.

This has definitely gotten easier over the last 40 days, but nicotine doesn't take a vacation from trying to get under my skin. At least not yet. Quit with each of you BAQ's today.

Edit: had to add the hyphens in cow-boy as it tried to use the emoticon instead of the word.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline DWEIRICK

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Volunteer Firefighter/EMT - Conductor/Engineer for Lycoming Valley Railroad - Shooting guns, Fishing and time with my family!
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2015, 05:34:00 AM »
Quote from: Rawls
Quote from: KingNothing
You guys are awesome and I truly believe this site is saving my life. I could not have done this on my own, and I thank each and every one of you for not only strengthening my quit, but holding me accountable every day. It would have been much easier to go back to dipping my head off every day, but often times the hardest decisions are also the best ones. I am no longer a slave, and that feels amazing.
Wood.... Straight up...... Wood!

I Quit with you today King.

Rawls 267
I love your drive brother it is awesome keep it up!!

I quit with you today!!

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2015, 06:58:00 PM »
You guys are awesome and I truly believe this site is saving my life. I could not have done this on my own, and I thank each and every one of you for not only strengthening my quit, but holding me accountable every day. It would have been much easier to go back to dipping my head off every day, but often times the hardest decisions are also the best ones. I am no longer a slave, and that feels amazing.
Wood.... Straight up...... Wood!

I Quit with you today King.

Rawls 267
I believe.....

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2015, 02:21:00 PM »
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline cjoy

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-06
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2015, 02:01:00 PM »
Quote from: jimthins
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: Done4Me
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
I've been married to my wife for a little over 6 years. Last night was the worst night of my marriage. The impetus? This site. This literally came out of her mouth: "I wish you would just chew. Just start chewing again. This isn't worth it. You're trying to hide the fact that you're quitting from me." WHAT? A license to chew? You're telling me you're fine if I start chewing again and you're okay dealing with the consequences if I start again??? You would rather me chew than quit with a bunch of strangers???

Fuck that ma'am. I don't give a damn who gives me a license to chew. My wife, kids, boss, you fuckers, etc. I'm done. I've had a shitty mouth the last few days, and wanna know why? I'm coming to the realization that I will never touch that shit again. That worm dirt, nicotine-infused, cat turd? I don't need it. I could have taken about nineteen chews so far today and wanna know how many I've had??? Zero. In fact, it's practically -5. Not only did I not even consider it, but my quit was strengthened in the biggest way today. I don't need it. I don't want it. I QUIT FOR TODAY. You got a problem with it? File it in the cylindrical filing cabinet.

I am done. Not one single person in this world, the love of my life included, will give me a license to chew ever again. I'm done. I don't need it. I'm not hiding a damn thing. 31 days ago, I quit, and that's the end of the story. I love my wife and I love my kids, but I've "quit" for them before, and started again when I reasoned that I was a better husband, father, son, etc. when I chewed. I'm not that guy any more. I haven't had a dip in 31 days, and I certainly am not going to throw that away now because of a fight with my wife. I have never been more quit in my life. I don't even feel the urge despite the permission. I'm quit for me and only me. Hopefully my wife and kids benefit from that, but I'm quit because I don't want to die.

Thanks all, this site has saved my life. I would have been begging for this "permission" before. I'm not any more. I never needed dip. I thought I did, but I didn't. It didn't relax me, it didn't take away any stress, it didn't make me feel any better. It fucked with my psyche, but for 31 straight days, it has not. I have won this battle for 31 days in a row and I feel like a million bucks. Freedom is where I'm at. I choose freedom and it's awesome.
Nice win King. I know just how you feel. My wife also said to me "just go buy a can. Fights with wife actually foiled many of my quit attempts. Not this time. This time I quit FOR ME. And it sounds like you have too. Keep killing it man.
There was many a squabble in 2014 when I was quitting and on this site a lot. It got in the way of family stuff. I filed it away as short term loss, long term gain. My wife watched as I couldn't sit and watch an entire show on TV. Or a rented movie. I started projects and didn't finish them. It took a while but as WTW says, I could sense it getting better. Eventually it's easier to notice how good it is until one day everything falls in place and you realize how complete you feel. The key is to keep posting roll and keeping that promise. Quitting gave me strength and courage to improve other areas of my life as well.

You gotta remember that it's tough on anyone that lives in the same house. Life was easier for your wife before you quit. The dipping guy was the dude she married. Not the dip aspect, but the way you were when you dipped. It's frustrating for her to see you struggle. It's also frustrating that life is not as easy for her as it used to be. When she reaches the tipping point, stupid shit comes out that she doesn't mean. She needs to know that this is the beginning. It will get better but it takes time. I just read Worktowin's 300 day post, you read and commented on it. She needs to understand you're a tenth of the way there. The struggle is so worth it. Keep that at the forefront. Every day quitting is infinitely better than another day using. And it will be easier with the support of your wife in your corner. Regardless, you have the right mindset, screw everyone else, you're doing it for you. Keep it going King, +1s are the only way to enjoy what you desire.
Thanks guys. Needed the support on this one. I know I'm doing this for me, and I will continue to battle everyday, things like that just throw a wrench in the process. Still no nicotine and I'm proud to say this is the longest I've ever gone without chewing since I started. I'm also proud that it's just a drop in the bucket.
King my friend, don't forget the rage. If anything like mine , after 226 days it still hits me right in the nuts occasionally, but not as often or as bad. Be the man I know you are, no matter how pissed she makes you or you make her grab her give her a big olé kiss apologize and say no matter what hon I love you and my kids and plan on being in y'all life for a long time. I did this shit and I will clean it up! Quit on!
One day at a time. Just remember that. Every day you give your promise, and you are obviously a man of your word.

I spent a shitload of time on this site for several hundred days. I did it because I needed to in order to build my commitment. You need to do whatever you need to do in order to protect yourself. That being said, you have a commitment to be the man that you are with your family. In my book - the two go hand in hand. I don't want to see some other dude spending my money and banging my wife as a result of bad decisions on my part that eat my jaw off... so I made a decision to own my decisions rather than letting my decisions own me. You are doing the same.

Dude I promise you... this gets so much better. You are going to love your life. And your wife will too.

Go buy her some flowers on the way home tonight as a thanks for being on your quit team. Flowers go a long way with the girl crowd.

You've got this. You are a leader on this site. Others look to you to set the bar higher, and you are.
King, I really admire your dedication. You have a strong character that is infectious. Though I cannot relate on the marriage aspect, I relate because I am quit. We all have the same enemy on this site. We may have a different number of quit days under our belt, but believe me you are an inspiration to me. Not only me but I'm sure everyone else has drawn inspiration from you in one aspect or another. You're killing it here. You know what it takes man. I can't help but applaud you. Keep it going King. Proud of you and I'm damn proud to be quit with you today.
Proud to quit with you today King and especially proud to be a shocktober fun bag with you......

My wife has not told me to get a dip yet but she has had many other kind words for me. This post also made me realize that I have been a dick for 34 days and for the most part she has taken the ride with me. Just sent a her a text telling her thanks for sticking with me and that I will not always be this much of an a-hole.
"Exploding Diarrhea" KN
"The end of each day without nicotine is my daily hall of fame" QuitinCA
"Hate to break it to you sunshine, life is not all princesses and unicorns." Candoit

http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/11374808/1/

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2015, 01:56:00 PM »
You need to convince the wifey to get on the king nothing quit train.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline jimthins

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-04
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting, Shooting, and Golf.
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2015, 01:54:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
I've been married to my wife for a little over 6 years. Last night was the worst night of my marriage. The impetus? This site. This literally came out of her mouth: "I wish you would just chew. Just start chewing again. This isn't worth it. You're trying to hide the fact that you're quitting from me." WHAT? A license to chew? You're telling me you're fine if I start chewing again and you're okay dealing with the consequences if I start again??? You would rather me chew than quit with a bunch of strangers???

Fuck that ma'am. I don't give a damn who gives me a license to chew. My wife, kids, boss, you fuckers, etc. I'm done. I've had a shitty mouth the last few days, and wanna know why? I'm coming to the realization that I will never touch that shit again. That worm dirt, nicotine-infused, cat turd? I don't need it. I could have taken about nineteen chews so far today and wanna know how many I've had??? Zero. In fact, it's practically -5. Not only did I not even consider it, but my quit was strengthened in the biggest way today. I don't need it. I don't want it. I QUIT FOR TODAY. You got a problem with it? File it in the cylindrical filing cabinet.

I am done. Not one single person in this world, the love of my life included, will give me a license to chew ever again. I'm done. I don't need it. I'm not hiding a damn thing. 31 days ago, I quit, and that's the end of the story. I love my wife and I love my kids, but I've "quit" for them before, and started again when I reasoned that I was a better husband, father, son, etc. when I chewed. I'm not that guy any more. I haven't had a dip in 31 days, and I certainly am not going to throw that away now because of a fight with my wife. I have never been more quit in my life. I don't even feel the urge despite the permission. I'm quit for me and only me. Hopefully my wife and kids benefit from that, but I'm quit because I don't want to die.

Thanks all, this site has saved my life. I would have been begging for this "permission" before. I'm not any more. I never needed dip. I thought I did, but I didn't. It didn't relax me, it didn't take away any stress, it didn't make me feel any better. It fucked with my psyche, but for 31 straight days, it has not. I have won this battle for 31 days in a row and I feel like a million bucks. Freedom is where I'm at. I choose freedom and it's awesome.
Nice win King. I know just how you feel. My wife also said to me "just go buy a can. Fights with wife actually foiled many of my quit attempts. Not this time. This time I quit FOR ME. And it sounds like you have too. Keep killing it man.
There was many a squabble in 2014 when I was quitting and on this site a lot. It got in the way of family stuff. I filed it away as short term loss, long term gain. My wife watched as I couldn't sit and watch an entire show on TV. Or a rented movie. I started projects and didn't finish them. It took a while but as WTW says, I could sense it getting better. Eventually it's easier to notice how good it is until one day everything falls in place and you realize how complete you feel. The key is to keep posting roll and keeping that promise. Quitting gave me strength and courage to improve other areas of my life as well.

You gotta remember that it's tough on anyone that lives in the same house. Life was easier for your wife before you quit. The dipping guy was the dude she married. Not the dip aspect, but the way you were when you dipped. It's frustrating for her to see you struggle. It's also frustrating that life is not as easy for her as it used to be. When she reaches the tipping point, stupid shit comes out that she doesn't mean. She needs to know that this is the beginning. It will get better but it takes time. I just read Worktowin's 300 day post, you read and commented on it. She needs to understand you're a tenth of the way there. The struggle is so worth it. Keep that at the forefront. Every day quitting is infinitely better than another day using. And it will be easier with the support of your wife in your corner. Regardless, you have the right mindset, screw everyone else, you're doing it for you. Keep it going King, +1s are the only way to enjoy what you desire.
Thanks guys. Needed the support on this one. I know I'm doing this for me, and I will continue to battle everyday, things like that just throw a wrench in the process. Still no nicotine and I'm proud to say this is the longest I've ever gone without chewing since I started. I'm also proud that it's just a drop in the bucket.
King my friend, don't forget the rage. If anything like mine , after 226 days it still hits me right in the nuts occasionally, but not as often or as bad. Be the man I know you are, no matter how pissed she makes you or you make her grab her give her a big olé kiss apologize and say no matter what hon I love you and my kids and plan on being in y'all life for a long time. I did this shit and I will clean it up! Quit on!
One day at a time. Just remember that. Every day you give your promise, and you are obviously a man of your word.

I spent a shitload of time on this site for several hundred days. I did it because I needed to in order to build my commitment. You need to do whatever you need to do in order to protect yourself. That being said, you have a commitment to be the man that you are with your family. In my book - the two go hand in hand. I don't want to see some other dude spending my money and banging my wife as a result of bad decisions on my part that eat my jaw off... so I made a decision to own my decisions rather than letting my decisions own me. You are doing the same.

Dude I promise you... this gets so much better. You are going to love your life. And your wife will too.

Go buy her some flowers on the way home tonight as a thanks for being on your quit team. Flowers go a long way with the girl crowd.

You've got this. You are a leader on this site. Others look to you to set the bar higher, and you are.
King, I really admire your dedication. You have a strong character that is infectious. Though I cannot relate on the marriage aspect, I relate because I am quit. We all have the same enemy on this site. We may have a different number of quit days under our belt, but believe me you are an inspiration to me. Not only me but I'm sure everyone else has drawn inspiration from you in one aspect or another. You're killing it here. You know what it takes man. I can't help but applaud you. Keep it going King. Proud of you and I'm damn proud to be quit with you today.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2015, 12:20:00 PM »

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2015, 11:40:00 AM »

Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

I'm done with chew

« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2015, 11:36:00 AM »

Good win last night. This is why quitting for others never works. This would have given you an out had you wanted one. I'm proud of you. Your wife will appreciate this transition as she looks back and realizes you became a better husband in the process.

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2015, 10:31:00 AM »

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2015, 10:26:00 AM »

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2015, 06:12:00 AM »

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2015, 12:06:00 AM »

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2015, 12:51:00 PM »
Quote from: ryank3325
Great post the other day! I can relate to so much of what you said. The Nic Bitch has been playing the same mind games with me. It feels like half the battle is just recognizing that it's a mind game, that way you can state clearly and emphatically that, "No, bitch! You will not get me today! I'm done with your skanky ass!"

Stay strong and quit on!
Great mindset Ryan. Keep it going, it has come in waves the first month for me, so keep your guard up. Quit on!

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good