Author Topic: ready to quit!!  (Read 4350 times)

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: ready to quit!!
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2014, 11:34:00 AM »
Well, the avatar appears to be appropriate, and what a special butterfly it is. Missed weekend of posting, then MIA since 09/29. Ignoring December brother's texts. A good example of what not to do in a quit. Koolaid is slowly poured back into pitcher
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2014, 03:12:00 PM »
Quote from: skissy24
Thanks everyone- I am serious about this and I am quit- the support helps!!
You don't know me but I am quitting with you today!!!
NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18
18th Floor 08/22/2018  19th Floor 11/30/18

Offline skissy24

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-29
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2014, 02:19:00 PM »
Thanks everyone- I am serious about this and I am quit- the support helps!!

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2014, 09:46:00 AM »
I'll give you this a Skissy, after the drama of coming back, the fact that you are still here posting says a lot about the strength of your spine. I'm quit with you today. Keep it up!

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2014, 09:18:00 AM »
Quote from: Ginet
Quote from: 2mch2lv4
You've got this Skissy! I quit with you today.
Way to reach out in your PM. I quit with you today as well.
When 224 and Ginet are posting support, youÂ’ve got some serious quit behind you, Skissy! Soak it up!
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2014, 08:41:00 AM »
Quote from: 2mch2lv4
Way to reach out in your PM. I quit with you today as well.
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline 2mch2lv4

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2014, 02:20:00 PM »

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2014, 10:45:00 PM »
Quote from: Menace
Quote from: slug.go
This thread is a hoot and those answers should be put in the HOF for some of the worst you can ever give to the 3 questions and she might be tied or at least in the top 5 for fastest caver's ever. It is barely worth the effort to type this for someone who can't even understand that this is her quit that we are all trying to get her to fight for. I guess she is a special butterfly........
1. What happened- quit for the wrong reasons (knew i was going to try to get pregnant, and didn't wanna deal with withdrawals and pregnancy). when my daughter was born, i was going through a lot (pobrecita) and decided i needed that high one night

2. Why did it happen- i wasn't ready to quit the time before and never would have if i didn't want another child

3 what are you going to differently this time.- ask for support (maybe not from you assholes), work the program and not dip today

I pasted SkissyÂ’s answers here. I do remember seeing them now, I just didnÂ’t think there was much effort put into it. If this flies w/December, who am I to judge?
I believe you are correct menace. Very little thought went into these answers.

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2014, 10:39:00 PM »
Hello. I have not seen where you have answered the questions. Could you help me by telling me where this is? I am just curious to see what you have to say. Best way to get to know you is to see what you write to those questions, and in your intro, and on your daily quit posts.

I have to tell you that so far, you seem combative and irresponsible. Tell me, what was day 2 like for you? How about day 7? Don't give me "it sucked" because I am looking specifics. I want details. I want to know that your quit is the most important thing in your life because frankly, it may mean the difference between actually having a life, or getting an eternal rest six feet under.

Let's start with the stuff above and then we will take it from there. Until I hear back, I will just be here quitting like a girl.

I plan to help you by showing you how this is done.
Day 2 was horrible! I was tired, irritated, had the worst headache, felt very anxious, had a dry mouth...but I got through it! Day 7 was better than day 2, but not fun either. I couldn't focus at work, but I did feel happy that I made it 7 days. Today (day 11) is the first time, since I've been quit, that I was actually productive at work!
Good. Now remember these feelings. Remember how each minute felt. Know that if you keep pushing on today, minute by minute if need be, that you will never have to do these days over again. Congrats on day 11. I love that number!

So, what do you do when you have a crave? How many numbers do you have? How many have you used?
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline Menace

• Quitter
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2014, 09:23:00 PM »
I think maybe you take the questions people ask just a tad too literal. I'm not sure Ginet actually wanted to hear specifically about day 2 and day 7. I think the point was for you to dig deep and really try to understand your addiction, your triggers and put them down in this thread for future reference when you hit a tough patch in your quit. Here I was just complaining about wasting time on your quit and I am doing it again. I guess I am a sucker when it comes to getting people to quit.......
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline skissy24

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-29
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2014, 07:55:00 PM »
Hello. I have not seen where you have answered the questions. Could you help me by telling me where this is? I am just curious to see what you have to say. Best way to get to know you is to see what you write to those questions, and in your intro, and on your daily quit posts.

I have to tell you that so far, you seem combative and irresponsible. Tell me, what was day 2 like for you? How about day 7? Don't give me "it sucked" because I am looking specifics. I want details. I want to know that your quit is the most important thing in your life because frankly, it may mean the difference between actually having a life, or getting an eternal rest six feet under.

Let's start with the stuff above and then we will take it from there. Until I hear back, I will just be here quitting like a girl.

Day 2 was horrible! I was tired, irritated, had the worst headache, felt very anxious, had a dry mouth...but I got through it! Day 7 was better than day 2, but not fun either. I couldn't focus at work, but I did feel happy that I made it 7 days. Today (day 11) is the first time, since I've been quit, that I was actually productive at work!

Offline Menace

• Quitter
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2014, 07:45:00 PM »
This thread is a hoot and those answers should be put in the HOF for some of the worst you can ever give to the 3 questions and she might be tied or at least in the top 5 for fastest caver's ever. It is barely worth the effort to type this for someone who can't even understand that this is her quit that we are all trying to get her to fight for. I guess she is a special butterfly........
1. What happened- quit for the wrong reasons (knew i was going to try to get pregnant, and didn't wanna deal with withdrawals and pregnancy). when my daughter was born, i was going through a lot (pobrecita) and decided i needed that high one night

2. Why did it happen- i wasn't ready to quit the time before and never would have if i didn't want another child

3 what are you going to differently this time.- ask for support (maybe not from you assholes), work the program and not dip today

I pasted SkissyÂ’s answers here. I do remember seeing them now, I just didnÂ’t think there was much effort put into it. If this flies w/December, who am I to judge?
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2014, 07:28:00 PM »

Quit since 1/23/14

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2014, 08:19:00 PM »

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2014, 08:13:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: Dagranger
Quote from: Lipizzaner
Quote from: Doc
Quote from: jost2brown
Quote from: Lipizzaner
Writes like a 12 year old? my language, composition, demeanor, etc. is far more advanced than yours lmao... try something else to offend me. and seriously? nobody wants to man up and say who told me to answer those questions to just myself? I've been searching the site and cant find the post- so, in 12 year old writing, why doesn't someone grow a pair (as you all say), and step up and say that you told me this so these assholes will stfu about it?..
When I stated that you wrote like a 12 year old, I was referring to the fact that you hardly use any capitalization or punctuation, use poor grammar, and write things like "lmao", "i get u", "idc", "ill b back", etc. (I just pulled those "phrases" out of your most recent post.)br /Those kinds of things are not out of place among the pre-teen crowd, are they? If you like to communicate like that, go ahead, it just makes you look like an idiot. I wasn't trying to make myself out to be better than you, but since you proclaim to be superior in "language, composition, demeanor, etc", I should warn you that you probably have a better chance in a dick measuring contest than you do in a writing competition. br /Now try to go about things the right way, and "stfu". br /QLF
Damn lipi, it's that small? 'Popcorn'
They measured....Skissy won.
I haven't seen it in years.
What you have to understand is there is a method here. A time tested method that has produced quitter after quitter. Part of that method is answering the 3 questions if you have caved. It is part of the process to help you quit. Don't get offended, just do it. Why? Because it will help you quit. These methods work and we don't bend them for anyone. Sorry your offended but by not complying with our methods you are being offensive to what we believe in. So stop the drama, and answer the questions.
Skissy, you are clogging up the machine. Thoughtfully answer the questions. You will get more support and will be a stronger quitter for doing it.
Well? YouÂ’re on day 10 and havenÂ’t given your answers yet. I guess you can do this your own special way and we need to sit back and admire how much better your way is than ours.
If everyone is so interested in looking at previous posts, then you should've seen that I already answered them.
Skissy, I read a few days ago where you answered the questions to yourself. WeÂ’d also like to see the answers so maybe we can learn from you and help you as well. ThatÂ’s how it works here.
'bang head'
Quit since 1/23/14