Author Topic: ready to quit!!  (Read 4347 times)

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
Re: ready to quit!!
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2014, 04:26:00 PM »
Quote from: skissy24
Quote from: jwright
Quote from: 30yrAddict
Just so there is no confusion Skissy, I'll spell it out.

This is a website that uses the concept of accountability. You are accountable for the decisions you make once you post roll on here.

Back in May 2012 you came here, posted up a day 1 and disappeared. People want to know why that is? They want to know why if you posted up a day 1 over 2 years ago you came back and posted a day 1 again? They want you to fill in the blanks on 1) what happened- how many days did you make, what were the circumstances surrounding the cave 2) why did it happen and 3) what are you going to different this time.

This is not a website for butterfly kisses and ass pats. It is a website for people to be held accountable. It is time to stop avoiding the questions and face the reality of your decisions. If you want to make it here you need to come clean- ALL the way. It's the only way for you to move forward here.
hurts my head just reading this thread.... skissy, do you take yourself seriously enough to step up and answer these questions? Or you caving soon?
someone in our dec quit group explained the three questions and that i need to answer them to myself- i have done that.
To yourself?

If that's what you were told, it was incorrect. I don't understand why you are being evasive?

You caved, you owe an explanation to the folks here. That's the way it works.

Offline skissy24

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-29
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2014, 04:19:00 PM »
Quote from: Gabriel
skissy24, this website can help you out as you quit nicotine. Honestly, you aren't going to make any friends here until you actually quit. Right now they view you as someone who does not deserve to be on this site because you continue to poison your body with nicotine. Once you quit, you will find a lot of support from a lot of fellow quitters. Let us know when you quit. We will still be here quitting every day.
I get what you're saying, but funny how the site only asks you donÂ’t join a quit group until youÂ’re quit- which I didn't. I waited like you guys asked.
I'm glad to see you are quit. Hang in there.
thx gabriel!

Offline skissy24

• Quitter
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2014, 04:18:00 PM »
Quote from: jwright

This is a website that uses the concept of accountability. You are accountable for the decisions you make once you post roll on here.

Back in May 2012 you came here, posted up a day 1 and disappeared. People want to know why that is? They want to know why if you posted up a day 1 over 2 years ago you came back and posted a day 1 again? They want you to fill in the blanks on 1) what happened- how many days did you make, what were the circumstances surrounding the cave 2) why did it happen and 3) what are you going to different this time.

This is not a website for butterfly kisses and ass pats. It is a website for people to be held accountable. It is time to stop avoiding the questions and face the reality of your decisions. If you want to make it here you need to come clean- ALL the way. It's the only way for you to move forward here.
hurts my head just reading this thread.... skissy, do you take yourself seriously enough to step up and answer these questions? Or you caving soon?
someone in our dec quit group explained the three questions and that i need to answer them to myself- i have done that.

Offline Gabriel

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-05
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2014, 11:10:00 AM »
skissy24, this website can help you out as you quit nicotine. Honestly, you aren't going to make any friends here until you actually quit. Right now they view you as someone who does not deserve to be on this site because you continue to poison your body with nicotine. Once you quit, you will find a lot of support from a lot of fellow quitters. Let us know when you quit. We will still be here quitting every day.
I get what you're saying, but funny how the site only asks you donÂ’t join a quit group until youÂ’re quit- which I didn't. I waited like you guys asked.
I'm glad to see you are quit. Hang in there.

Offline jwright

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-01
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2014, 10:25:00 PM »

"Your net worth to the world is usually determined by what remains after your bad habits are subtracted from your good ones."

-Benjamin Franklin

Introduction

HOF Speech

Quit Date: September 1, 2014

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2014, 10:14:00 PM »

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2014, 09:56:00 PM »
Quote from: Raider
Quote from: slug.go
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quote from: Thewolfe
And............ nothing
So glad I didn't hold my breath yesterday!
SheÂ’s a caver, she needs to answer the 3 questions. Now.
So you posted day one before and now you are returning. That would define you as a caver. The three questions you must answer and probably don't know because you only stuck around for a day are:
1) what happened?
2) why did it happen?
3) what are you going to do differently this time?

Dig deep and expect some harsh words to be said. You will only learn more about your failure and hopefully never cave again, that's the purpose. You quit cold turkey 2'years ago and started back up a year ago. Sorry, you just stopped. No special applause for stopping. I stopped for three years and I didn't get or expect to get special treatment.

Yes there are girls in here. Answer the three and you may find out who they are.
I have already answered those questions.
Where?
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2014, 04:54:00 PM »
And you only get one intro. I combined them.

Get your shit together.
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline skissy24

• Quitter
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2014, 03:36:00 PM »
Quote from: Raider
Quote from: slug.go
And............ nothing
So glad I didn't hold my breath yesterday!
SheÂ’s a caver, she needs to answer the 3 questions. Now.
So you posted day one before and now you are returning. That would define you as a caver. The three questions you must answer and probably don't know because you only stuck around for a day are:
1) what happened?
2) why did it happen?
3) what are you going to do differently this time?

Dig deep and expect some harsh words to be said. You will only learn more about your failure and hopefully never cave again, that's the purpose. You quit cold turkey 2'years ago and started back up a year ago. Sorry, you just stopped. No special applause for stopping. I stopped for three years and I didn't get or expect to get special treatment.

Yes there are girls in here. Answer the three and you may find out who they are.
I have already answered those questions.

Offline skissy24

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2014, 03:33:00 PM »

Offline skissy24

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2014, 03:30:00 PM »
In May of 2012 you said " Hi! I am at DAY ONE and really scared!! How can I benefit most out of this site? And about me- I'm 28, female, and want to quit cause it sucks being addicted to something."

What happened in between then and now?

If you're for real go edit your quit date, It is 29 AUG. You have not quit shit yet.
I did quit 8/29.

Offline skissy24

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2014, 03:27:00 PM »
I am planning on quitting Friday- can somebody please help me with this website? thanks!! =)
If you quit today, then yes, yes I will. Oh, also explain why you have been a member for so long as well please.
I picked friday cause i had a few days off work- i made a very hard thing somewhat easier.. also, I have been a member for so long because I quit a couple years ago, but unfortanutley picked it back up =( I am quit now though! Going on day 6 and feeling better each day!

Offline skissy24

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2014, 03:24:00 PM »
I am a 30 year old mother of two and am quitting for the second time. My husband is being very supportive and I am so happy to make this change for myself! You guys are tough here, and that's a good thing- just try not to be so mean, please! I can respect everyone here, but I always expect the same from everyone.. I figured out how to post from my phone- so I WILL be posting everyday, k?.. Good to meet everyone so far! =)

Offline skissy24

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2014, 03:21:00 PM »
my bad- I am jsut reading a lot of the responses from then- I'll post there..

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2014, 03:11:00 PM »
Hi Skissy, you only get one intro, please post on the original intro.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.