Author Topic: ready to quit!!  (Read 4351 times)

Offline skissy24

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-29
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: ready to quit!!
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2014, 03:10:00 PM »
I am a 30 year old mother of two and am quitting for the second time. My husband is being very supportive and I am so happy to make this change for myself! You guys are tough here, and that's a good thing- just try not to be so mean, please! I can respect everyone here, but I always expect the same from everyone.. I figured out how to post from my phone- so I WILL be posting everyday, k?.. Good to meet everyone so far! =)

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2014, 01:08:00 AM »
Quote from: slug.go
Quote from: Raider
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quote from: Thewolfe
And............ nothing
So glad I didn't hold my breath yesterday!
SheÂ’s a caver, she needs to answer the 3 questions. Now.
So you posted day one before and now you are returning. That would define you as a caver. The three questions you must answer and probably don't know because you only stuck around for a day are:
1) what happened?
2) why did it happen?
3) what are you going to do differently this time?

Dig deep and expect some harsh words to be said. You will only learn more about your failure and hopefully never cave again, that's the purpose. You quit cold turkey 2'years ago and started back up a year ago. Sorry, you just stopped. No special applause for stopping. I stopped for three years and I didn't get or expect to get special treatment.

Yes there are girls in here. Answer the three and you may find out who they are.
My $ says she doesnÂ’t come back. Hope IÂ’m wrong.
It does appear as though she is that "special butterfly" no comments here and not on roll. Time to move on. Nothing to see here.

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2014, 11:38:00 AM »
Quote from: Raider
And............ nothing
So you posted day one before and now you are returning. That would define you as a caver. The three questions you must answer and probably don't know because you only stuck around for a day are:
1) what happened?
2) why did it happen?

Dig deep and expect some harsh words to be said. You will only learn more about your failure and hopefully never cave again, that's the purpose. You quit cold turkey 2'years ago and started back up a year ago. Sorry, you just stopped. No special applause for stopping. I stopped for three years and I didn't get or expect to get special treatment.

Yes there are girls in here. Answer the three and you may find out who they are.
My $ says she doesnÂ’t come back. Hope IÂ’m wrong.
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2014, 11:33:00 PM »
And............ nothing
1) what happened?
2) why did it happen?

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2014, 02:04:00 PM »
And............ nothing
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2014, 04:34:00 PM »
And............ nothing
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline thewolfe

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4-2-2014
  • Interests: Quitting. Hi-end audio and quality recordings of anything from classical to jazz, folk, bluegrass, rock, good 80s metal, and of course the crooners, The desert, hiking, camping and shooting.
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2014, 04:27:00 PM »
And............ nothing

Offline Gabriel

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-05
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 06:40:00 PM »
skissy24, this website can help you out as you quit nicotine. Honestly, you aren't going to make any friends here until you actually quit. Right now they view you as someone who does not deserve to be on this site because you continue to poison your body with nicotine. Once you quit, you will find a lot of support from a lot of fellow quitters. Let us know when you quit. We will still be here quitting every day.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 04:39:00 PM »
In May of 2012 you said " Hi! I am at DAY ONE and really scared!! How can I benefit most out of this site? And about me- I'm 28, female, and want to quit cause it sucks being addicted to something."

What happened in between then and now?

If you're for real go edit your quit date, It is 29 AUG. You have not quit shit yet.
male or female makes no difference to addiction. You can't get free of nicotine for the asking. You must EARN your freedom one day at a time. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 04:35:00 PM »
In May of 2012 you said " Hi! I am at DAY ONE and really scared!! How can I benefit most out of this site? And about me- I'm 28, female, and want to quit cause it sucks being addicted to something."

If you're for real go edit your quit date, It is 29 AUG. You have not quit shit yet.
She poisoned herself for 2 years Wolfe.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline thewolfe

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting. Hi-end audio and quality recordings of anything from classical to jazz, folk, bluegrass, rock, good 80s metal, and of course the crooners, The desert, hiking, camping and shooting.
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 04:32:00 PM »

Offline thewolfe

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 04:28:00 PM »
My, that is a very special butterfly on your avatar.

After you dump the last can, come back and we'll help you out.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 04:24:00 PM »
So Sissy. is the day ever really gonna come or are you just pulling or chains.

Why dont you just get the suspense and bullshit out of the way and start now.

1. Grow set.

2. Go!
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 04:15:00 PM »
Quote from: Bean
You joined in March, but a quitting on Friday? Sorry if I don't believe you. If you really wanted to quit, you'd be telling us that today was Day 1. As it stands, you're an addict that is still lying to yourself. This isn't the site for that kind of STOOOPID (with 3 O's) shit.

Maybe you don't understand what we're doing here. We don't beg people to quit. We don't ask them to quit. We don't talk about all the great things we're ABOUT to do. ALL WE DO IS QUIT. AND WE DO IT EVERY DAMN DAY. We want you to post roll. We want you to join us in the fight. But YOU have to make the choice. You give us your word that come Hell or high water you will not fucking put nicotine in your body today, and we'll support that. In fact, we offer unconditional support for those who have the guts to quit. And we don't charge one thin dime for doing it. But the price of admission is giving your word.

If you want to read about quitting, click on the KilltheCan.org link above. Learn "what to expect." Learn how and why we post roll. Then come back when you've decided to do it. Or don't come back.

I don't mean to be an a-hole, but this is a big deal. It is life and death we're talking about. This site is full of folks who fighting to save their own lives EVERY DAMN DAY. You get no points for being curious. You're an addict. I used to set quit dates like you are doing. Then rationalize that it was okay to keep dipping now because I would be quit soon anyway, right? That is addict-speak. We're addicts. That means that we are pros. We spot bullshit like that a mile away.

Come back when you're ready to BE free and not just talk about it.
Now that is the KTC I miss right there. Thank you bean for calling it like it is.

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 04:12:00 PM »
Quote from: Tuco's
Oh boy.

First order of business: Dump the contents of whatever cans you have lying around in the toilet and flush. Not tomorrow. Today. Right now. You can do it.

Second order of business: Post roll in the December 2014 Hall of Fame group (not august).

Third order of business: Nix that damn butterfly picture from your profile. Cavers often think of themselves as 'special butterflies' and you want no part of that shit heading into your quit.

Speaking of caves, I see you posted once back in 2012 asking for advice on how to quit. Two years later, here you are. Are you ready to quit today? What's so special about Friday? Odds are, if you wait until Friday, you won't be back for another 2 years. Give yourself a fighting chance and quit today.

^^^^^^^^^^^^better listen to this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^