Author Topic: Nicotine has left the building  (Read 5379 times)

Offline Minny

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Nicotine has left the building
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2014, 09:10:00 AM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: dabean22
Day 200 is here and it feels good.  I guess it makes sense that I had a nic dream last night.  I have grown to love them after the fact even when the freak me out when I'm in the middle of them.  This site has been a blessing and a curse over the last 200 days.  Some of the people I've grown close to turned out to disappoint me in ways that I wouldn't have thought possible and others have been a spot of pride for me on a regular basis.  I have but heads with some of the established leaders here but not because we wanted different things but because we thought they should be achieved in a different way.  I have serious respect for those that stay active here. 
The fact is that I could not do that.  The more involved I got, the more it affected me when I saw guys heading down the wrong path.  I felt like I was loosing brothers as they started to drop away.  After I reached day 100 I threw myself into driving the train for December '13 and it was great, (Thanks Midwest04z) but after that, it was getting harder and harder for me to be comfortable holding my brothers accountable.  I believe that it was my fault.  I believe that I take my promise here more seriously than a lot of others.  I took it too personally when people that promised me they would post daily had excuses for missing days repeatedly.  There have been several brothers here that have made me proud to know them BearHawk among the most prominent. 
It is for that reason that I feel bad about not signing up for 300 days.  I am still quit one day at a time with the full expectation to be the same for the rest of my life.  When I started this journey by starting the book Allan Carr's Easy Way to Quit Smoking at the recommendation from my sister after my wife had already bought me the book, I had no intention of joining an online support group.  When I finished the book and knew exactly why I had failed on all of my previous attempts to quit I knew beyond doubt that I was done with nicotine forever.  I decided that I couldn't hurt to join this group my sister couldn't stop talking about.  (those of you that know LionHeartedGirl should feel privileged but also know that she can use the spoken word better than most)  I joined this group with a healthy respect for the mentality it takes to actually quit and for the pitfalls others have had before me so I poured myself into doing everything I could to support my brothers in quit in any way I could.
A lot happened since then. DippinDave911, bjarrett and of course who can forget the saga that was PaddyMac02, did a lot to change how I was able to connect with the people here.  I knew that this site did a lot to give me focus and a place to rage a bit even when I didn't know I needed to.   By the time I finished running the train, I had lost a lot of the emotional connection to the members here.  That may have been my fault but it's true none the less. 

The long and short of it is that I have taken what I needed and I am leaving the rest.  I will always come back and post for those here that occasionally text me their promise and I will post for myself on some of those days but as for regular posting, I'm done.  Thanks go to everyone that showed me support.  There are several here that I will never forget.  Thanks to everyone.

(sorry for the rambling.  I'm watching the Olympics while I type and have likely been very repetitive very repetitive.)
So... After all your "hard work" you're going to go against what you know works? Too much trouble to ensure you remain quit? Too much trouble to do the opposite of the people who disappointed you? You feel cured? You strong enough to be your own pillar? Interesting...
That's your choice, Bean, but it would be a shame. A) your contributions to KTC help people quit, no doubt. B ) Haven't you learned that there is no finish line? Stay close to KTC for selfish reasons, if nothing else. You are not cured.

I freak out in my cave dreams, too, but one of the first thoughts I have is about KTC. Obviously it is a layer of accountability that helps me keep my quit.

Assuming you didn't post this just to get some attention...
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2014, 08:53:00 AM »
Day 200 is here and it feels good. I guess it makes sense that I had a nic dream last night. I have grown to love them after the fact even when the freak me out when I'm in the middle of them. This site has been a blessing and a curse over the last 200 days. Some of the people I've grown close to turned out to disappoint me in ways that I wouldn't have thought possible and others have been a spot of pride for me on a regular basis. I have but heads with some of the established leaders here but not because we wanted different things but because we thought they should be achieved in a different way. I have serious respect for those that stay active here.
The fact is that I could not do that. The more involved I got, the more it affected me when I saw guys heading down the wrong path. I felt like I was loosing brothers as they started to drop away. After I reached day 100 I threw myself into driving the train for December '13 and it was great, (Thanks Midwest04z) but after that, it was getting harder and harder for me to be comfortable holding my brothers accountable. I believe that it was my fault. I believe that I take my promise here more seriously than a lot of others. I took it too personally when people that promised me they would post daily had excuses for missing days repeatedly. There have been several brothers here that have made me proud to know them BearHawk among the most prominent.
It is for that reason that I feel bad about not signing up for 300 days. I am still quit one day at a time with the full expectation to be the same for the rest of my life. When I started this journey by starting the book Allan Carr's Easy Way to Quit Smoking at the recommendation from my sister after my wife had already bought me the book, I had no intention of joining an online support group. When I finished the book and knew exactly why I had failed on all of my previous attempts to quit I knew beyond doubt that I was done with nicotine forever. I decided that I couldn't hurt to join this group my sister couldn't stop talking about. (those of you that know LionHeartedGirl should feel privileged but also know that she can use the spoken word better than most) I joined this group with a healthy respect for the mentality it takes to actually quit and for the pitfalls others have had before me so I poured myself into doing everything I could to support my brothers in quit in any way I could.
A lot happened since then. DippinDave911, bjarrett and of course who can forget the saga that was PaddyMac02, did a lot to change how I was able to connect with the people here. I knew that this site did a lot to give me focus and a place to rage a bit even when I didn't know I needed to. By the time I finished running the train, I had lost a lot of the emotional connection to the members here. That may have been my fault but it's true none the less.

The long and short of it is that I have taken what I needed and I am leaving the rest. I will always come back and post for those here that occasionally text me their promise and I will post for myself on some of those days but as for regular posting, I'm done. Thanks go to everyone that showed me support. There are several here that I will never forget. Thanks to everyone.

(sorry for the rambling. I'm watching the Olympics while I type and have likely been very repetitive very repetitive.)

So... After all your "hard work" you're going to go against what you know works? Too much trouble to ensure you remain quit? Too much trouble to do the opposite of the people who disappointed you? You feel cured? You strong enough to be your own pillar? Interesting...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline dabean22

• Quitter
  • Interests: I was addicted to nicotine for about 19 years before I actually realized that I was an addict to a drug. Allen Carr helped open my eyes with LionHeartedGirl (my sister). I am currently on day 2 and because of the frame of mind and different point of view that "The Easy Way" has given me, I don't doubt for one moment that I have ingested the last bit of that weed for the rest of my life. I am 35 now and am setting a goal of living long enough to have saved $100,000 because of my quit. At the same time, I am setting the goal of not smoking TODAY! One step at a time, while keeping my eyes on the horizon.
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2014, 09:32:00 PM »
Day 200 is here and it feels good. I guess it makes sense that I had a nic dream last night. I have grown to love them after the fact even when the freak me out when I'm in the middle of them. This site has been a blessing and a curse over the last 200 days. Some of the people I've grown close to turned out to disappoint me in ways that I wouldn't have thought possible and others have been a spot of pride for me on a regular basis. I have but heads with some of the established leaders here but not because we wanted different things but because we thought they should be achieved in a different way. I have serious respect for those that stay active here.
The fact is that I could not do that. The more involved I got, the more it affected me when I saw guys heading down the wrong path. I felt like I was loosing brothers as they started to drop away. After I reached day 100 I threw myself into driving the train for December '13 and it was great, (Thanks Midwest04z) but after that, it was getting harder and harder for me to be comfortable holding my brothers accountable. I believe that it was my fault. I believe that I take my promise here more seriously than a lot of others. I took it too personally when people that promised me they would post daily had excuses for missing days repeatedly. There have been several brothers here that have made me proud to know them BearHawk among the most prominent.
It is for that reason that I feel bad about not signing up for 300 days. I am still quit one day at a time with the full expectation to be the same for the rest of my life. When I started this journey by starting the book Allan Carr's Easy Way to Quit Smoking at the recommendation from my sister after my wife had already bought me the book, I had no intention of joining an online support group. When I finished the book and knew exactly why I had failed on all of my previous attempts to quit I knew beyond doubt that I was done with nicotine forever. I decided that I couldn't hurt to join this group my sister couldn't stop talking about. (those of you that know LionHeartedGirl should feel privileged but also know that she can use the spoken word better than most) I joined this group with a healthy respect for the mentality it takes to actually quit and for the pitfalls others have had before me so I poured myself into doing everything I could to support my brothers in quit in any way I could.
A lot happened since then. DippinDave911, bjarrett and of course who can forget the saga that was PaddyMac02, did a lot to change how I was able to connect with the people here. I knew that this site did a lot to give me focus and a place to rage a bit even when I didn't know I needed to. By the time I finished running the train, I had lost a lot of the emotional connection to the members here. That may have been my fault but it's true none the less.

The long and short of it is that I have taken what I needed and I am leaving the rest. I will always come back and post for those here that occasionally text me their promise and I will post for myself on some of those days but as for regular posting, I'm done. Thanks go to everyone that showed me support. There are several here that I will never forget. Thanks to everyone.

(sorry for the rambling. I'm watching the Olympics while I type and have likely been very repetitive very repetitive.)
Quit 8/04/13
HOF 11/11/13
Thanks mostly to LHG. That girl rocks the world. I love you Sis.
Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow
SkyDiver - The first step is a bitch but that's when the fun starts.

Offline BearHawk

• Quitter
  • Interests: I'm an ol' country boy from Texas: where I started dipping in the 8th grade over 37 years ago. The US Navy brought me to SO CAL in 1985. I got married to So CAL girl and remained here after I got out of the Navy. I love the outdoors; camping, hiking, hunting and fishing but mostly I love to do wood working. I guess now that I am not wasting money on crap I can have more to do the things I like to do.
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2013, 12:54:00 PM »
Quote from: LionHeartedGirl
Quote from: Dave1903
Quote from: mattyf118
Quote from: duathman
Quote from: SirDerek
Well, it's day 116 and today it was announced that I get to drive a freaking TRAIN!  Seriously, who'd have thunk it that I could actually drive a train just by quitting nicotine.  If I had known that, I would have quit a long time ago.  OK, that's not true but it is an honor to be asked to welcome a new batch of newbies into the HOF fold.  So freaking cool.  Thank you KTC.
Well done conductor....a very appropriate selection
Awesome work man. You are a true leader if you knew it or not. Congrats.
Congrats bean.
Good work with your quit keep it up
Congrats Dean! You totally deserve it... Roast December well!
That is great brother Dean, you will make a great driver and conductor.
Proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance.
Quit: 8/14/2013; HOF:11/22/2013
Four Years and Still Counting!
17 Floors

Offline LionHeartedGirl

• Quitter
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2013, 09:26:00 AM »
Quote from: Dave1903
Well, it's day 116 and today it was announced that I get to drive a freaking TRAIN!  Seriously, who'd have thunk it that I could actually drive a train just by quitting nicotine.  If I had known that, I would have quit a long time ago.  OK, that's not true but it is an honor to be asked to welcome a new batch of newbies into the HOF fold.  So freaking cool.  Thank you KTC.
Congrats bean.
Congrats Dean! You totally deserve it... Roast December well!
QUIT LIKE A GIRL!

Quit Date: 5/23/13
HOF: 8/30/13

Offline Dave1903

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-10-25
« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2013, 10:16:00 AM »
Congrats bean.
The nic is a bitch, but it's gone one day at a time.

Offline mattyf118

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-06
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2013, 10:53:00 PM »
Congrats bean.
Quit Date: 09/06/13
HOF Date: 12/14/13

Caving is not an option

Offline duathman

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 6-5-2013
  • Interests: Running, cycling
  • Likes Given: 216
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2013, 10:47:00 PM »

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2013, 08:55:00 PM »
Well, it's day 116 and today it was announced that I get to drive a freaking TRAIN! Seriously, who'd have thunk it that I could actually drive a train just by quitting nicotine. If I had known that, I would have quit a long time ago. OK, that's not true but it is an honor to be asked to welcome a new batch of newbies into the HOF fold. So freaking cool. Thank you KTC.

Offline dabean22

• Quitter
  • Interests: I was addicted to nicotine for about 19 years before I actually realized that I was an addict to a drug. Allen Carr helped open my eyes with LionHeartedGirl (my sister). I am currently on day 2 and because of the frame of mind and different point of view that "The Easy Way" has given me, I don't doubt for one moment that I have ingested the last bit of that weed for the rest of my life. I am 35 now and am setting a goal of living long enough to have saved $100,000 because of my quit. At the same time, I am setting the goal of not smoking TODAY! One step at a time, while keeping my eyes on the horizon.
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2013, 06:56:00 PM »
Well, it's day 116 and today it was announced that I get to drive a freaking TRAIN! Seriously, who'd have thunk it that I could actually drive a train just by quitting nicotine. If I had known that, I would have quit a long time ago. OK, that's not true but it is an honor to be asked to welcome a new batch of newbies into the HOF fold. So freaking cool. Thank you KTC.
Quit 8/04/13
HOF 11/11/13
Thanks mostly to LHG. That girl rocks the world. I love you Sis.
Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow
SkyDiver - The first step is a bitch but that's when the fun starts.

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2013, 12:20:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Well done bro!
'oh yeah' Rock Star!!!!! 'oh yeah'

Don't let up. Stay with the plan. Your HOF trophy wants company. Start filling up your trophy case! 200 day trophy is yours. You know how to win this but don't let up. You are quit but you still need to rewire and get to recovery.

110 to 130 Expect another battle or funk. You know it is only a phase and it will be easier to deal with because you understand it but many HOF fade in that period.

Don't be a fader. Post roll, keep your word, and only quit today...Repeat.

Congrats this is huge and now you know what is required to stay free.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2013, 11:31:00 AM »
Well done bro!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Reaper

• Quitter
  • Interests: im interested in hunting camping 4 wheeler riding and horses but mostly kicking this habit in the ass.
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2013, 10:23:00 AM »
Congrats on the awesome job of making the HOF. I look up to you guys for soon I will be there myself.
I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.?

#8213; D.H. Lawrence,

Offline gorilla1

• Quitter
  • Interests: Not dipping. Always looking how to be a better father. Trees, gardening, writing.
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2013, 09:27:00 AM »
Conratulations Bean! It has been an honor to quit with you and watch you bring integrity and enthusiasm to this thing. Glad to be your brother.

Peace

Offline boomdrum

• Quitter
  • Interests: Drums, drumming, music, disc golf...
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2013, 09:19:00 AM »
Congrats on HOF Dean! Well done. Proud to be quit with you.