Author Topic: Nicotine has left the building  (Read 5384 times)

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Nicotine has left the building
« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2013, 10:30:00 PM »
I wish I could kill that damn bug on this screen. I have tried but man, he is a survivor. Congrats. thanks for helping out us newbies.

Mogul

Offline dabean22

• Quitter
  • Interests: I was addicted to nicotine for about 19 years before I actually realized that I was an addict to a drug. Allen Carr helped open my eyes with LionHeartedGirl (my sister). I am currently on day 2 and because of the frame of mind and different point of view that "The Easy Way" has given me, I don't doubt for one moment that I have ingested the last bit of that weed for the rest of my life. I am 35 now and am setting a goal of living long enough to have saved $100,000 because of my quit. At the same time, I am setting the goal of not smoking TODAY! One step at a time, while keeping my eyes on the horizon.
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2013, 09:59:00 PM »
Quote from: LionHeartedGirl
So damn proud of you!
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Without you sis, I would not only not be on this site, I would probably still be smoking. More than anyone, I give you credit for saving my life.

Thank You LHG
Quit 8/04/13
HOF 11/11/13
Thanks mostly to LHG. That girl rocks the world. I love you Sis.
Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow
SkyDiver - The first step is a bitch but that's when the fun starts.

Offline dabean22

• Quitter
  • Interests: I was addicted to nicotine for about 19 years before I actually realized that I was an addict to a drug. Allen Carr helped open my eyes with LionHeartedGirl (my sister). I am currently on day 2 and because of the frame of mind and different point of view that "The Easy Way" has given me, I don't doubt for one moment that I have ingested the last bit of that weed for the rest of my life. I am 35 now and am setting a goal of living long enough to have saved $100,000 because of my quit. At the same time, I am setting the goal of not smoking TODAY! One step at a time, while keeping my eyes on the horizon.
« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2013, 09:47:00 PM »
Quote from: LionHeartedGirl
So damn proud of you!
The Wife is proud of me too. She bought me 2 packs of the limited edition peppermint Oreos to celebrate. She loves me enough to let me finish them before asking me to loose the weight. Now that's love.
Quit 8/04/13
HOF 11/11/13
Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow

Offline LionHeartedGirl

• Quitter
« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2013, 06:01:00 PM »
So damn proud of you!
QUIT LIKE A GIRL!

Quit Date: 5/23/13
HOF: 8/30/13

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2013, 11:48:00 AM »
Quote from: srans
Quote from: Minny
Quote from: dabean22
Quote from: Pinched
dabean22 – This married ex-smoker from North Philly started smoking at the age of 16 which is just one year younger than his step-son.  He plans on bring some home brewed beer on the train and asks that in case of an emergency on the train that require authorities to be contacted that we give him a head start.  That make sense now because this quitter may or may not have had something to do with an accidental fire in a warehouse (I know nothing).
This kitchen designer has enjoyed posting roll EVERY DAMN DAY and indicates that “it just works”.  He plans on signing up for 200 and plans to watch his fellow quitters quit strong.  He obviously idolizes and loves his sister “LionHeartedGirl” who quit at a stressful time, and stayed QUIT.  She is a tough cookie.  The list is nearly endless how many people have helped me.  I'm just going to touch on the highlights that come to mind this night.  I'll miss a few I'm sure: CBird65 spent a couple hours on the phone with me in the beginning that got me headed in the right direction, PaddyMac02 has been one of my oldest friends here and with bjarrett74 has helped me maintain the page and spreadsheet, Pinched got me off my ass by screwing with our group name, Gorilla1 quit on the same day as me and for 84 days we were 100% posters together.  Sorry I couldn't be there for you when you needed a reminder, DippinDave911 oh what to say about Dave…anyone that looks at our past would be surprised to see us supporting each other now but we got thru it.  We found the common enemy, both bent our ways a bit and got our quit on together, bjarrett74, no matter what happens from here on out you and your dedication to this place are humbling your quit dwarfs mine you fucking rock.  Get back here soon!
Man, it feels good. Thank you. I feel like I started out driving on the worst potholed dirt road imagineable. More like driving thru the forest. It was slow going. I bottomed out a couple times. I had to ask friends to winch me out of a ditch or two. Over the last few months the road has been getting smoother and straighter. Today feels like that magical time where dirt meets blacktop. I know I still have to look out for deer but my ass no longer has to feel the potholes every 2 feet.
It feels so great to reach day 100 with all of the brothers I've bonded with here.
Sky Diver for life.
NAFAR
You're a quitting machine, bro. Congratulations!
Great job dabean.
I know I already PMed you, but I wanted to post here as well. Congrats man. Hell of a job, now keep it ODAAT. Quit With you!
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2013, 10:40:00 AM »
Quote from: Minny
dabean22 – This married ex-smoker from North Philly started smoking at the age of 16 which is just one year younger than his step-son.  He plans on bring some home brewed beer on the train and asks that in case of an emergency on the train that require authorities to be contacted that we give him a head start.  That make sense now because this quitter may or may not have had something to do with an accidental fire in a warehouse (I know nothing).
This kitchen designer has enjoyed posting roll EVERY DAMN DAY and indicates that “it just works”.  He plans on signing up for 200 and plans to watch his fellow quitters quit strong.  He obviously idolizes and loves his sister “LionHeartedGirl” who quit at a stressful time, and stayed QUIT.  She is a tough cookie.  The list is nearly endless how many people have helped me.  I'm just going to touch on the highlights that come to mind this night.  I'll miss a few I'm sure: CBird65 spent a couple hours on the phone with me in the beginning that got me headed in the right direction, PaddyMac02 has been one of my oldest friends here and with bjarrett74 has helped me maintain the page and spreadsheet, Pinched got me off my ass by screwing with our group name, Gorilla1 quit on the same day as me and for 84 days we were 100% posters together.  Sorry I couldn't be there for you when you needed a reminder, DippinDave911 oh what to say about Dave…anyone that looks at our past would be surprised to see us supporting each other now but we got thru it.  We found the common enemy, both bent our ways a bit and got our quit on together, bjarrett74, no matter what happens from here on out you and your dedication to this place are humbling your quit dwarfs mine you fucking rock.  Get back here soon!
Man, it feels good. Thank you. I feel like I started out driving on the worst potholed dirt road imagineable. More like driving thru the forest. It was slow going. I bottomed out a couple times. I had to ask friends to winch me out of a ditch or two. Over the last few months the road has been getting smoother and straighter. Today feels like that magical time where dirt meets blacktop. I know I still have to look out for deer but my ass no longer has to feel the potholes every 2 feet.
It feels so great to reach day 100 with all of the brothers I've bonded with here.
Sky Diver for life.
NAFAR
Great job dabean.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2013, 10:26:00 AM »
Sky Diver for life.
NAFAR
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline dabean22

• Quitter
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2013, 09:54:00 AM »
dabean22 – This married ex-smoker from North Philly started smoking at the age of 16 which is just one year younger than his step-son. He plans on bring some home brewed beer on the train and asks that in case of an emergency on the train that require authorities to be contacted that we give him a head start. That make sense now because this quitter may or may not have had something to do with an accidental fire in a warehouse (I know nothing).
This kitchen designer has enjoyed posting roll EVERY DAMN DAY and indicates that “it just works”. He plans on signing up for 200 and plans to watch his fellow quitters quit strong. He obviously idolizes and loves his sister “LionHeartedGirl” who quit at a stressful time, and stayed QUIT. She is a tough cookie. The list is nearly endless how many people have helped me. I'm just going to touch on the highlights that come to mind this night. I'll miss a few I'm sure: CBird65 spent a couple hours on the phone with me in the beginning that got me headed in the right direction, PaddyMac02 has been one of my oldest friends here and with bjarrett74 has helped me maintain the page and spreadsheet, Pinched got me off my ass by screwing with our group name, Gorilla1 quit on the same day as me and for 84 days we were 100% posters together. Sorry I couldn't be there for you when you needed a reminder, DippinDave911 oh what to say about Dave…anyone that looks at our past would be surprised to see us supporting each other now but we got thru it. We found the common enemy, both bent our ways a bit and got our quit on together, bjarrett74, no matter what happens from here on out you and your dedication to this place are humbling your quit dwarfs mine you fucking rock. Get back here soon!
Sky Diver for life.
NAFAR
Quit 8/04/13
HOF 11/11/13

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2013, 09:38:00 AM »
dabean22 – This married ex-smoker from North Philly started smoking at the age of 16 which is just one year younger than his step-son. He plans on bring some home brewed beer on the train and asks that in case of an emergency on the train that require authorities to be contacted that we give him a head start. That make sense now because this quitter may or may not have had something to do with an accidental fire in a warehouse (I know nothing).
This kitchen designer has enjoyed posting roll EVERY DAMN DAY and indicates that “it just works”. He plans on signing up for 200 and plans to watch his fellow quitters quit strong. He obviously idolizes and loves his sister “LionHeartedGirl” who quit at a stressful time, and stayed QUIT. She is a tough cookie. The list is nearly endless how many people have helped me. I'm just going to touch on the highlights that come to mind this night. I'll miss a few I'm sure: CBird65 spent a couple hours on the phone with me in the beginning that got me headed in the right direction, PaddyMac02 has been one of my oldest friends here and with bjarrett74 has helped me maintain the page and spreadsheet, Pinched got me off my ass by screwing with our group name, Gorilla1 quit on the same day as me and for 84 days we were 100% posters together. Sorry I couldn't be there for you when you needed a reminder, DippinDave911 oh what to say about Dave…anyone that looks at our past would be surprised to see us supporting each other now but we got thru it. We found the common enemy, both bent our ways a bit and got our quit on together, bjarrett74, no matter what happens from here on out you and your dedication to this place are humbling your quit dwarfs mine you fucking rock. Get back here soon!
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline LionHeartedGirl

• Quitter
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2013, 06:50:00 PM »
Dreams suck. Last night I had a dream, no a nightmare. I was driving down the road with the window down like I always do and without warning I exhaled smoke. I looked into my left hand and the cigarette was there. Obviously I had been smoking without realizing it. Even in my dream I screamed "NOOOOO". I thought of all of you guys and how I was going to have to explain how it happened and I was so upset because I couldn't remember how it did. I thought about how some individuals here would react to the news. It was heartbreaking. It took me a few minutes after waking up to assure myself that it didn't actually happen. Lord KNOWS I will not smoke today after a dream like that.
I'm now on day 97 and dreams still suck.
I've had that same dream!
QUIT LIKE A GIRL!

Offline dabean22

• Quitter
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2013, 10:11:00 AM »
Dreams suck. Last night I had a dream, no a nightmare. I was driving down the road with the window down like I always do and without warning I exhaled smoke. I looked into my left hand and the cigarette was there. Obviously I had been smoking without realizing it. Even in my dream I screamed "NOOOOO". I thought of all of you guys and how I was going to have to explain how it happened and I was so upset because I couldn't remember how it did. I thought about how some individuals here would react to the news. It was heartbreaking. It took me a few minutes after waking up to assure myself that it didn't actually happen. Lord KNOWS I will not smoke today after a dream like that.
I'm now on day 97 and dreams still suck.
Quit 8/04/13
HOF 11/11/13

Offline dabean22

• Quitter
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2013, 10:02:00 AM »
Quote from: BearHawk
Brother I thank you for all you have done and you so deserve some family time. I know you are solid and that makes us all solid with you. Keep on rolling on with your quit my brother.
BearHawk, you are more than welcome brother. You guys are becoming my family man. (DD911 is the crazy uncle (or maybe that's me)) Anything I can do to help, just let me know.
Quit 8/04/13
HOF 11/11/13

Offline BearHawk

• Quitter
  • Interests: I'm an ol' country boy from Texas: where I started dipping in the 8th grade over 37 years ago. The US Navy brought me to SO CAL in 1985. I got married to So CAL girl and remained here after I got out of the Navy. I love the outdoors; camping, hiking, hunting and fishing but mostly I love to do wood working. I guess now that I am not wasting money on crap I can have more to do the things I like to do.
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2013, 03:44:00 PM »
Brother I thank you for all you have done and you so deserve some family time. I know you are solid and that makes us all solid with you. Keep on rolling on with your quit my brother.
Proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance.
Quit: 8/14/2013; HOF:11/22/2013
Four Years and Still Counting!
17 Floors

Offline LionHeartedGirl

• Quitter
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2013, 11:47:00 AM »
Just want you to know I'm super proud of you and so glad you're here. :wub:
QUIT LIKE A GIRL!

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: May 06, 2019
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2013, 12:32:00 AM »
There are a few people that have noticed that I'm not as active on this site as I used to be. I want to take a moment to re-assure anyone that is worried about me that I am doing very well. My quit is as strong as ever or stronger. I am still getting the occasional crave but at this point, I see them as more helpful than hurtful. They remind me that I am an addict. I need to keep taking the nicotine beast seriously. I will not let my guard down.
I have recently noticed how much time I spent on the website. It was pointed out to me by my wife that I actually spent more time on the site than I spent talking to her during the day. This bothered me. I would spend most of my lunch hour on my phone and at least an hour a day on the laptop before or after work. For me, this site was becoming a bit of an obsession. I am still here. I still post daily (100% poster) and I still read the others posts and text the people I am close to from time to time to check in on them. I simply decided that I will not spend quite as much time on the site as I normally did. This will probably increase or decrease as my free time changes but for now, I'm going to leave the daily grind of the page up to my brothers in November 13. Thanks for showing concern people. I really appreciate it.
NAFAR - and I truly mean that
DaBean22
glad to hear it man. im glad so many people care about you enough to notice. keep up the quittin. im here with ya.

dd