Author Topic: One day at a time  (Read 19102 times)

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 4, 2014
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: One day at a time
« Reply #215 on: February 07, 2015, 06:32:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: BazookaJoe
The next few days for me are going to be emotionally, physically, and mentally taxing for me. If I make it through with all my quits I'll be amazed. Oh and to add to all the shit I have to go through, I found out my next job is prolly going to be in the Buckeye State. If it ain't one thing it's another.
There is no "if" you make it. It's "when" you make it.

Also, I know you have several quits going. I'm assuming your priorities are ranked appropriately.
Yeah buddy the big two (alcohol and nicotine) are locked away in The Big Yellow Safe. The only one that could go is caffeine but I'd be hard pressed to let 59 hard fought days go down the toilet just because I'm tired as shit.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #214 on: February 07, 2015, 06:20:00 AM »
Quote from: TonyFlynn
You've got it dude. I am a firm believer that if you can quit dip (or any kind of tobacco) you can quit anything. You have my number, so if I can help in anyway please don't hesitate to text. What kind of work do you do to have to go to Ohio?
Thanks Tony, y'all ain't got nothing to worry about. I'm here to stay. If I added the caving of any of my quits to my current issues at work, I'd have more problems than I want to bear. One non- life threatening problem is enough for me.
Work is work, there will always be some "suck" associated to it. You are a strong quitter cummuffin!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #213 on: February 07, 2015, 06:09:00 AM »
Quote from: TonyFlynn
You've got it dude. I am a firm believer that if you can quit dip (or any kind of tobacco) you can quit anything. You have my number, so if I can help in anyway please don't hesitate to text. What kind of work do you do to have to go to Ohio?
Thanks Tony, y'all ain't got nothing to worry about. I'm here to stay. If I added the caving of any of my quits to my current issues at work, I'd have more problems than I want to bear. One non- life threatening problem is enough for me.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #212 on: February 07, 2015, 06:04:00 AM »
Quote from: worktowin
The next few days for me are going to be emotionally, physically, and mentally taxing for me. If I make it through with all my quits I'll be amazed. Oh and to add to all the shit I have to go through, I found out my next job is prolly going to be in the Buckeye State. If it ain't one thing it's another.

Also, I know you have several quits going. I'm assuming your priorities are ranked appropriately.
I have no doubt that you will post your promise and keep your word. Not one shred of doubt. You are a man of your word regardless of what life throws your way.
Well, I work for a large construction company and a combined cycle power plant is going in, so I'll be there in my current Environmental/Safety role. Oh I failed to mention I will be in that roll while being alcohol and tobacco free?

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #211 on: February 07, 2015, 12:05:00 AM »

I have no doubt that you will post your promise and keep your word. Not one shred of doubt. You are a man of your word regardless of what life throws your way.

Offline TonyFlynn

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-12-15
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #210 on: February 06, 2015, 11:08:00 PM »

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #209 on: February 06, 2015, 11:07:00 PM »

Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #208 on: February 06, 2015, 10:41:00 PM »

Offline TonyFlynn

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-12-15
« Reply #207 on: February 03, 2015, 09:05:00 AM »
Got to work on your physique huh? Deer season just ended here in Mississippi so I guess I'll put my .270 up and start going back to the gym as well. Fuck. It's sucks taking that first step in working out after you've been out of routine.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #206 on: February 03, 2015, 05:33:00 AM »
Over the next few days the amount of support posts may be limited as I am restructuring my morning activities by going to the gym first thing. Support roll will be posted later in the day as time allows.

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #205 on: February 02, 2015, 08:16:00 AM »
This I say with absolute conviction: My addiction to sugar (cane, HFCS, and artificial) is, without a doubt, the hardest addiction to overcome. Alcohol was a walk in the park and nicotine was a like a difficult test that I studied 72 hours for but, in the end, I made a 100 on. The sugar craves last for days and never subside for any extended length of time. I have honey, fruit, OJ, and yogurt to help stem the tide of craves but I fear they will soon lose effectiveness and I will lose the battle. It is a tough challenge that some might say is impossible but it's what I have to do for myself.
My cravings got so bad just now that I drove to the store with full intention to cave today. Oh I guess I should mention that I was craving sugar and that I was either going to get some candy or worse, soda. Well anyway I just drove on by the store and came back here to admit my near miss. No cave today but I will reiterate that sugar is harder to quit than nicotine and alcohol combined.
Congrats on the win bud, on all three fronts!!
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #204 on: February 01, 2015, 06:05:00 PM »
This I say with absolute conviction: My addiction to sugar (cane, HFCS, and artificial) is, without a doubt, the hardest addiction to overcome. Alcohol was a walk in the park and nicotine was a like a difficult test that I studied 72 hours for but, in the end, I made a 100 on. The sugar craves last for days and never subside for any extended length of time. I have honey, fruit, OJ, and yogurt to help stem the tide of craves but I fear they will soon lose effectiveness and I will lose the battle. It is a tough challenge that some might say is impossible but it's what I have to do for myself.
My cravings got so bad just now that I drove to the store with full intention to cave today. Oh I guess I should mention that I was craving sugar and that I was either going to get some candy or worse, soda. Well anyway I just drove on by the store and came back here to admit my near miss. No cave today but I will reiterate that sugar is harder to quit than nicotine and alcohol combined.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #203 on: January 31, 2015, 06:29:00 AM »

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #202 on: January 30, 2015, 09:48:00 PM »
Quote from: chrisTKE1982
Quote from: Derk40
Quote from: Dagranger
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: wastepanel
As I sit here on day 172 of my quit, I look back on my life and realize this is the second time that I was off nicotine for this amount of time. You see back in 2002, I used the patches to stop dipping and smoking but upon reaching 6 months, I caved miserably. This time, I can honestly say, I am quit and I will be tomorrow, on day 180, and forward into the wild blue yonder because I have powerful allies known as brotherhood and accountability aiding me in the fight against the Nic Bitch.
'oh yeah'

Proud to be quit with you man.
Right on Bazooka Joe. x2 here on what Waste wrote. 'oh yeah' 'oh yeah'
When I quit dip in March, and had these other quitters tell me I wasn't quit yet because I had a patch on, I was so pissed. WTF do they know? 294 days later I get it, and am so happy for their brotherhood to kick me in the junk and tell me the truth. Happy to be quit with you today BazJoe!
Isn't it great to feel like you can actually stay quit if you just use the tools? So much better than the uncertainty from all the failed attempts before. Keep it up man!
Amen Bazooka! We've all had some success without dip at one time or another, but it was never QUIT. But thanks to this site and the support I get here I am really fucking free of the leash that is my addiction. I know I'm still addicted, and I will not attempt to prove I am not. FYI, keep up,your strong work around here.
Nice job! You should be proud of yourself today! I'm proud to be quit with you!
Proud to have the same quit date as you Joe
180. Greatness is still ahead BJ. As good as you feel, and as proud, it gets so much better. One day at a time the battle gets better and the reward sweeter. Proud to quit with you today you are a real leader

Offline chrisTKE1982

• Quitter
  • Interests: -Quit-Being a dad and husband-Golf-Football-Baseball-Hockey-Home improvement
« Reply #201 on: January 30, 2015, 01:43:00 PM »
Quote from: Derk40
Quote from: Dagranger
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: wastepanel
As I sit here on day 172 of my quit, I look back on my life and realize this is the second time that I was off nicotine for this amount of time. You see back in 2002, I used the patches to stop dipping and smoking but upon reaching 6 months, I caved miserably. This time, I can honestly say, I am quit and I will be tomorrow, on day 180, and forward into the wild blue yonder because I have powerful allies known as brotherhood and accountability aiding me in the fight against the Nic Bitch.
'oh yeah'

Proud to be quit with you man.
Right on Bazooka Joe. x2 here on what Waste wrote. 'oh yeah' 'oh yeah'
When I quit dip in March, and had these other quitters tell me I wasn't quit yet because I had a patch on, I was so pissed. WTF do they know? 294 days later I get it, and am so happy for their brotherhood to kick me in the junk and tell me the truth. Happy to be quit with you today BazJoe!
Isn't it great to feel like you can actually stay quit if you just use the tools? So much better than the uncertainty from all the failed attempts before. Keep it up man!
Amen Bazooka! We've all had some success without dip at one time or another, but it was never QUIT. But thanks to this site and the support I get here I am really fucking free of the leash that is my addiction. I know I'm still addicted, and I will not attempt to prove I am not. FYI, keep up,your strong work around here.
Nice job! You should be proud of yourself today! I'm proud to be quit with you!
Proud to have the same quit date as you Joe