Author Topic: One day at a time  (Read 14228 times)

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: One day at a time
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2014, 10:10:00 PM »
Baz Joe I just read your entire intro, good stuff. You've definitely gotten more introspective over the last month and that's been awesome to read. A little word of caution to you and all others approaching the HOF. That is not the pinnacle of quitting, it's really only the first flat spot on the mountain of quit where you can stop for a moment and enjoy the view. Quitting will continue to be a grind so be prepared. My quit group had to lose half of our members after the HOF. Don't be one of those. This site needs bad ass quitters like you to keep posting your thoughts and guiding others.

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2014, 09:31:00 PM »
Quote from: BazookaJoe
Got my face all stuffed with, of all things, a whole 10 piece pack of Bazooka Joe bubble gum. It's probably not the best most healthy thing but at least it ain't wintergreen worm dirt. Day 87 is approaching and so is HOF. I got an email notification from Chewie today saying that my gold and engraved HOF coin has been shipped. I will get it before my HOF but I will not display it on here until I enter the Hall of Fame.
Right on, man! I actually didn't know you could still get Bazooka Joe gum. Does it still come wrapped in the tiny wax paper comics?

Proud to be hitting to HoF with you. The first of many, many milestones.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 4, 2014
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2014, 09:15:00 PM »
Got my face all stuffed with, of all things, a whole 10 piece pack of Bazooka Joe bubble gum. It's probably not the best most healthy thing but at least it ain't wintergreen worm dirt. Day 87 is approaching and so is HOF. I got an email notification from Chewie today saying that my gold and engraved HOF coin has been shipped. I will get it before my HOF but I will not display it on here until I enter the Hall of Fame.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2014, 11:58:00 AM »
Quote from: Smeds
Quote from: schaef418
Quote from: Tuco's
Day 84: Thank you Smeds. I can always count on you to say the right thing at the right time. This was definitely a weekend of firsts. Next weekend will be another. One of the guys I hunt with dips and drinks so, I'm not going to lie, that's going to be a challenge. I may need to text some of y'all for some support but I think I can make it. and I fucking know I will make it because of that and my integrity!

Day 85 is on the horizon which means HOF is a mere 15 days away for me and a few others.
You are up for the challenge bro, and we all have your back if you feel a wavering of resolve.

I fixed your post above for ya! 'winker'
10-4, at this point I shouldn't think...I should know.
Have a plan for anything and everything. Then have backup plans for all of that.

In case you haven't written any plans recently, you should know that every step begins with, "Since I am the fucking boss, I plan to..." And so on and so forth.

Take the belt and suspenders approach - stick to that plan - and then go out and enjoy yourself. Sooner or later you're going to have to get back to doing the things that you love without having your fingers buried two knuckles deep in some shitty can. Maybe it's time to show your friend exactly what that looks like.
Day 86:

I cannot believe some folks won't take the chance and give their number to another quitter. In AA and OA, they pass a telephone and email list around before every meeting. I see it as absolutely critical to make outside contacts because just going through the motions of quitting by just posting roll ain't gonna cut it. To me posting roll is only the start. The true quit begins with the engagement of the other quitters/supporters/veterans. The last few posts on this thread show exactly why that engagement is necessary. I merely worded something improperly that showed a bit of weakness and my quit buddies Smeds and Tuco's Grill swooped in and corrected my error. Without that I would still be thinking and not knowing.

To all the new quitters:
1. You can't do this alone...you need outside support
2. Willpower ain't worth shit, if it was you wouldn't be an addict
3. You're not the captain of your life's ship
4. Posting roll on KTC is step one and if you only take this step...you're not going to last long
5. Step two: give your number to your quit brothers and sisters (they won't send you pictures of their T-Bags)
6. Step three: engage people in your quit group as well as other groups. The more you help others, the stronger your quit becomes.

Thank you Smeds and Tuco for looking out for me. I really appreciate it.
Glad to have you in November Joe. Quit on!
I need to add: Nice new squirrel firing a machine gun in the avatar!
Well Schaef November has always been my favorite month. Hunting season starts, it gets cooler, I was born in November of '74, and now it will be the month when I attain HOF. I wouldn't want to be with another group. I'm here for a reason.

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2014, 09:02:00 AM »
Quote from: schaef418
Day 84: Thank you Smeds. I can always count on you to say the right thing at the right time. This was definitely a weekend of firsts. Next weekend will be another. One of the guys I hunt with dips and drinks so, I'm not going to lie, that's going to be a challenge. I may need to text some of y'all for some support but I think I can make it. and I fucking know I will make it because of that and my integrity!

Day 85 is on the horizon which means HOF is a mere 15 days away for me and a few others.
You are up for the challenge bro, and we all have your back if you feel a wavering of resolve.

Have a plan for anything and everything. Then have backup plans for all of that.

In case you haven't written any plans recently, you should know that every step begins with, "Since I am the fucking boss, I plan to..." And so on and so forth.

Take the belt and suspenders approach - stick to that plan - and then go out and enjoy yourself. Sooner or later you're going to have to get back to doing the things that you love without having your fingers buried two knuckles deep in some shitty can. Maybe it's time to show your friend exactly what that looks like.
Day 86:

I cannot believe some folks won't take the chance and give their number to another quitter. In AA and OA, they pass a telephone and email list around before every meeting. I see it as absolutely critical to make outside contacts because just going through the motions of quitting by just posting roll ain't gonna cut it. To me posting roll is only the start. The true quit begins with the engagement of the other quitters/supporters/veterans. The last few posts on this thread show exactly why that engagement is necessary. I merely worded something improperly that showed a bit of weakness and my quit buddies Smeds and Tuco's Grill swooped in and corrected my error. Without that I would still be thinking and not knowing.

To all the new quitters:
4. Posting roll on KTC is step one and if you only take this step...you're not going to last long
5. Step two: give your number to your quit brothers and sisters (they won't send you pictures of their T-Bags)
6. Step three: engage people in your quit group as well as other groups. The more you help others, the stronger your quit becomes.

I need to add: Nice new squirrel firing a machine gun in the avatar!
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline schaef418

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2014, 08:45:00 AM »

Day 86:

To all the new quitters:

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2014, 07:28:00 AM »

Day 86:

To all the new quitters:

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2014, 11:09:00 PM »

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2014, 06:30:00 PM »

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2014, 08:43:00 AM »

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2014, 08:12:00 PM »
Day 84: Thank you Smeds. I can always count on you to say the right thing at the right time. This was definitely a weekend of firsts. Next weekend will be another. One of the guys I hunt with dips and drinks so, I'm not going to lie, that's going to be a challenge. I may need to text some of y'all for some support but I think I can make it.

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2014, 10:09:00 AM »
This is the first night I have spent in my camp house at my deer lease nicotine free. I'm usually laying here in bed sucking on a glob of cancer but not tonight. It's just me, a few scorpions, maybe a black widow somewhere, a couple wayward wasps, and a family of mice. The Nic Bitch is still looking for me 2 hours east of here. Hey over here ya wicked ass bitch 'Finger'
Lots of firsts for you this weekend Ryan ... and you're crushing that bitch at every new turn. There will lots more firsts, keep that same attitude! Proud to quit with you brother!

BazookaJoe ----- :archer: ----- Nic Bitch

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2014, 11:19:00 PM »
This is the first night I have spent in my camp house at my deer lease nicotine free. I'm usually laying here in bed sucking on a glob of cancer but not tonight. It's just me, a few scorpions, maybe a black widow somewhere, a couple wayward wasps, and a family of mice. The Nic Bitch is still looking for me 2 hours east of here. Hey over here ya wicked ass bitch 'Finger'

Offline Tony S

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing, being outdoors, watching/playing sports.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2014, 08:02:00 AM »
Day 82: Where did my memory go???

I should have written down all that I had to do today because as I walked out the door I forgot everything. I walked into a grocery store and forgot why I even went in. I walked out with some Dum Dum pops, two diet Dr Peppers, and $50 cash. I think this lapse in memory is attributable to the Nic Bitch still playing games inside my head because I hear a voice saying:

"SHARPEN YOUR MEMORY WITH NICOTINE AND BRING BACK ALL THE LOST MEMORIES, GO AHEAD BUY A ROLL AND BE HAPPY"

Well needless to say I'm sitting here at my desk at work sucking on a Dum Dum pop typing this update on my intro. The Nic Bitch has been rejected again but she's tenacious and will continue to hammer on me for as long as I'm alive.
The occasional cravings will never stop. Such is our cross to bear. Proud of you for rejecting the nic bitch again, and proud to be quit with you. ODDAT!!

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2014, 07:40:00 AM »
Day 82: Where did my memory go???

I should have written down all that I had to do today because as I walked out the door I forgot everything. I walked into a grocery store and forgot why I even went in. I walked out with some Dum Dum pops, two diet Dr Peppers, and $50 cash. I think this lapse in memory is attributable to the Nic Bitch still playing games inside my head because I hear a voice saying:

"SHARPEN YOUR MEMORY WITH NICOTINE AND BRING BACK ALL THE LOST MEMORIES, GO AHEAD BUY A ROLL AND BE HAPPY"

Well needless to say I'm sitting here at my desk at work sucking on a Dum Dum pop typing this update on my intro. The Nic Bitch has been rejected again but she's tenacious and will continue to hammer on me for as long as I'm alive.