Author Topic: So how's everybody's 72hrs going?  (Read 15309 times)

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: So how's everybody's 72hrs going?
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2013, 11:33:00 PM »
Quote from: Nkwizitr
its rough, but its goin. sweating for no good reason is awesome. i cant even have a normal conversation at work. good thing i work with a bunch of jackasses anyway.
Yeah I hear ya there. I read before,  now at 13 days tomorrow's posting, am finding out that your body has alot of healing to do  you hafta power through not feeling 100% for a bit. Hope the coworker conversations come around, the first days are hardest, it'll get easier. I'm still hoping for things to get easier LOL

Offline Nkwizitr

• Likes Given: 0
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2013, 09:27:00 PM »
its rough, but its goin. sweating for no good reason is awesome. i cant even have a normal conversation at work. good thing i work with a bunch of jackasses anyway.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2013, 08:36:00 PM »
Quote from: srans

Your so right mike. It doesn't end at 100. Just like kc said. It's the beginning of a new life. I've see to many fall with to many days to even think for one second that this isn't a daily walk. That's why i'm still posting roll at 198. This quit is still the most important thing in my life. Mike,,, You are sounding more and more like a quitter everyday. Darn glad to be quit with you.
Glad to be quit with you too srans, thankyou for your compliment  thankyou for your perspective on things. I'm starting to learn that this might just be a whole new chapter in life  certainly won't have an issue with you posting so many days past day 100. Right now I'm not sure I could maintain if it wasn't for the daily promise,  the expectation to be held accountable to it by the great leaders on this site.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2013, 08:33:00 PM »
Quote from: KC_Guy

You are right brother. It doesn't end at 100. That's more like just the beginning. We are all addicts. Our fight will last the rest of our life. But the key to it all, is one day at a time. It doesn't matter if you're 10 days quit or 1,000 days quit. We all quit the same. One day at a time. Keep doing your thing Mike. You remind me of Erussel from my August group. A true leader in QUIT. Keep it up man.
Thanks for the kind words KC and good perspective, I'm honored. For the difficulties you  Erussel both faced during your 100 days  kept on succeeding, well I'm hardly comparable. We all have our own difficulties but thankfully mine aren't to either of yours levels.

I'll keep doing my thing, I don't feel like a leader some days, but a funny thing happened on the way to the forums in week #2. While the first days I kept thinking I could just sop posting  cave whatever day I chose not to post, I really can't do that. I'm too emotionally involved in this now. With leaders like yourself backing me to show me the way,  having other newbies to work with to be accountable to day by day, now really FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!

No way to do this but ODAAT, thanks to the grace of God I continue to get up each morning  be able to post another +1  help be part of the group that holds us all accountable so we can all improve day by day.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2013, 09:39:00 AM »
Quote from: Mike
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: flyby
Don't sell yourself short Mike... You're one of the badasses on here to bro! Keep up those +1's QLF with you today
I agree with this ^^^. Your quit is rocking. Keep it up bro.
Stuck in traffic for an hour and a half tonight on the way home. 249 days ago I would have chewed through a can easy. Tonight I called my mom and talked to her for a while. Then I called a couple of friends. Then I put the car in park and listened to some xm radio for a while. It was 100 degrees outside, and I looked around at the other people. Some were calm. Some were frantic impatient. And some looked utterly miserable smoking on cigarette after another.

249 days ago, I was miserable too. I would have told you that is was impossible to sit in a car alone for that long without a fix. Well, today I didn't miss it, I didn't want it, and except for the pity I felt for the addicts around me that haven't found ktc, I didn't think about it.

You are going great. The fog will clear. And the sky is so much clearer without nicotine. Best decision you've ever made, mike...
Traffic was a bitch alright. It is rather amusing seeing people with their windows down in 100 degree heat just to smoke a cig. Feels great to be free. Keep up the great job quitting Mike.
Thanks KC  thanks for checking in! You keep up your great work too because I don't think it ends once you get to the magical 100 days.
You are right brother. It doesn't end at 100. That's more like just the beginning. We are all addicts. Our fight will last the rest of our life. But the key to it all, is one day at a time. It doesn't matter if you're 10 days quit or 1,000 days quit. We all quit the same. One day at a time. Keep doing your thing Mike. You remind me of Erussel from my August group. A true leader in QUIT. Keep it up man.
Your so right mike. It doesn't end at 100. Just like kc said. It's the beginning of a new life. I've see to many fall with to many days to even think for one second that this isn't a daily walk. That's why i'm still posting roll at 198. This quit is still the most important thing in my life. Mike,,, You are sounding more and more like a quitter everyday. Darn glad to be quit with you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2013, 09:15:00 AM »
Quote from: Mike
Don't sell yourself short Mike... You're one of the badasses on here to bro! Keep up those +1's QLF with you today
Stuck in traffic for an hour and a half tonight on the way home. 249 days ago I would have chewed through a can easy. Tonight I called my mom and talked to her for a while. Then I called a couple of friends. Then I put the car in park and listened to some xm radio for a while. It was 100 degrees outside, and I looked around at the other people. Some were calm. Some were frantic impatient. And some looked utterly miserable smoking on cigarette after another.

249 days ago, I was miserable too. I would have told you that is was impossible to sit in a car alone for that long without a fix. Well, today I didn't miss it, I didn't want it, and except for the pity I felt for the addicts around me that haven't found ktc, I didn't think about it.

You are going great. The fog will clear. And the sky is so much clearer without nicotine. Best decision you've ever made, mike...
Traffic was a bitch alright. It is rather amusing seeing people with their windows down in 100 degree heat just to smoke a cig. Feels great to be free. Keep up the great job quitting Mike.
Thanks KC  thanks for checking in! You keep up your great work too because I don't think it ends once you get to the magical 100 days.
Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2013, 10:00:00 PM »

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2013, 09:59:00 PM »

Thanks W2W, you always let me know how much better life is on the other side  that really helps too as I know if I just keep working it day by day ODAAT, I'll get to know  experience all the benefits of a great decision.  thanks again for your help today with the fog

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2013, 09:57:00 PM »
Thanks FB  Srans. Appreciate the kind words. Trying not to sell myself short so much as I'm def aware that I'm just a short go away from the nearest cstore  a decision to disaster. I'm so new at this, I'm so close. But everybody backing me, IDK now what a fail would mean. This has gone in the last bit from where I could choose to not post a promise the next day  then decide to cave (which it is a decision) to I can't not post roll in the morning with such backing. I keep it up because guys like you are backing me. When doing it for myself isn't enough ( the fear of health issues is huge) I can keep it up for guys who are backing me, but also those who are looking to me to make it through another day just as they are.

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2013, 08:39:00 PM »

Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2013, 07:15:00 PM »

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2013, 05:42:00 PM »
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline flyby

• Quitter
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2013, 04:03:00 PM »
Motivation is what gets you started,
habit is what keeps you going.
Willpower is remembering what you really want

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2013, 12:30:00 AM »
Quote from: cjsimp
I hit the 72 hour mark tomorrow evening at 8 pm eastern time. Struggling a good deal.
CJ will PM you as I see you just have 1 post, this one. Sorry missed it yesterday in my posting. It's a real struggle that's for sure! But you've hit the 72hr mark now? How you doin today?

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2013, 12:26:00 AM »
BADASS GUYS!

OK NOW I FOUND SOMETHING TO BE MAD ABOUT! OR LIKE MY FAV PROGRAM ON SIRIUS 125 SAYS, I'M NOT ANGRY, I'M PASSIONATE. OR SOMETHING TO THAT AFFECT. YOU KNOW WHO'S BADASS  BALLSY? THE GUYS ON THIS BOARD THAT'S WHO!

Dunno why I'm thinking about this tonight, but it deserves another blog. You wanna hang with the best of men  learn to be a real man? Try making friends on this board.

BigMF - found he was being an ass to everyone in his house. Their fault? Nope he recognized it for the dip rage it was  decided then  there not to be that guy. That's BADASS!
W2W - drives a Hyundai  spit in a Starbucks cup  no I didn't laugh because he's the most badass guy I know on here. He kicked the bear out of his life 248 days ago  now comes back in  mentors n00bs on how to do this. That's BADASS!
BH - having a bad day  a tough time of it with the new quit. So he just gave up  went back to the wolf right? Try again! He reached out for help  stayed right on track. That's BADASS!
PB  AJ - reaching out to guys just to check up on them  see how they're doing? You guessed it. BADASS!
Erussel - read his story, anybody who could go through that  remain quit is BADASS!
KC - same goes for this guy, to come out of that quit intact is BADASS!
Even people like Jake  Zak who do cave, they come back admit it  man up  go again. They don't run from it.
People who make sure they post a little tough love in everyone's threads like Srans, Miles,  Scowrick most recently here. They want everybody to be better. Which is of course BADASS!