Author Topic: So how's everybody's 72hrs going?  (Read 15298 times)

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: So how's everybody's 72hrs going?
« Reply #237 on: January 02, 2015, 01:47:00 PM »
Quote from: Derk40
Quote from: soxfnnlansing
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: worktowin
500 days of freedom! Happy new year Mike! You are a great friend and a great inspiration. Lots of new quitters would benefit a lot from reading your thread - you've fought hard and are reaping the rewards.

Congratulations!!
Half commas be all sexy and stuff.
Congrats Mike!
WTG with the 1/2 comma Mike. Happy New Year!
Well done AB! Proud to be quit with you today!
Thanks Derk proud to be quit with you today too!

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #236 on: January 02, 2015, 01:42:00 PM »
500 days of freedom! Happy new year Mike! You are a great friend and a great inspiration. Lots of new quitters would benefit a lot from reading your thread - you've fought hard and are reaping the rewards.

Congratulations!!
Congrats Mike!
Thanks Sox  happy new year to you too!

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #235 on: January 02, 2015, 01:40:00 PM »

Congratulations!!
Congrats Mike!
Thanks AJ! The best looking number though is another +1 :D

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #234 on: January 02, 2015, 01:39:00 PM »

Congratulations!!
Thanks Work appreciate it from a great friend for sure. It is a hard fight. Everyone on these boards is experiencing that at some level no matter their day count. But the rewards are definitely there if you work for it.

Offline ChristopherJ

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Sept 17, 2014
  • Interests: Travel, music, sports, art,
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #233 on: January 01, 2015, 08:47:00 AM »
Quote from: Derk40

Congratulations!!
Congrats Mike!
Congratulations on 500 Mike! You were a big help to me in my first days of quit. CJ
Don't be afraid.  You are not alone.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #232 on: January 01, 2015, 08:11:00 AM »

Congratulations!!
Congrats Mike!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline soxfnnlansing

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-02
  • Interests: I am a follower of Jesus Christ. A husband and a father of a 14 year old son. A huge White Sox (hence the screen name) and Blackhawk fan. I golf, play chess, and work in construction. Living the rest of my life, one day at a time, without nicotine.
« Reply #231 on: January 01, 2015, 04:20:00 AM »

Congratulations!!
Congrats Mike!
HOF Speech

Here in THIS house, we Kill the Can. If it's not a top priority, go to one of the bitch sites where they "hurt the can" or "call the can names." - Pre

This is so much more that just throwing your name on a list, it is placing your word or promise that you will not use nicotine and it should be done everyday. - MCarmo44

I need this place, because i am an addict. I cannot forget that...if i do i will forget how to quit. - Schaef418

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #230 on: January 01, 2015, 01:39:00 AM »

Congratulations!!
Congrats Mike!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #229 on: January 01, 2015, 12:24:00 AM »

Congratulations!!

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #228 on: October 28, 2014, 11:42:00 PM »
Quote from: Jim
I'm on my 6th day and I've barely slept at all. Also, my stomach has this little pain on the left side that I'm a bit worried about. In terms of the withdrawls, I sort of have a "bring it on" attitude this time. I wouldn't say I feel like shit because the confidence I've gained in just 6 days is well worth the lack of sleep. I finally feel clean. Not hiding anything.

I've avoided the "replacement" stuff like mint chew, seeds, etc. I think part of this quit is getting away from the idea that I constantly have to be distracted to deal with life. I'm not just trying to quit nicotine, I'm trying to avoid the need to hide and act like a child. If I dipped mint stuff or jerkey chew I think it would make me want the real thing. But, everyone is different.

I'm trying to be constantly on guard. When I feel like things are going great I'm really cautious and get on this website.

So, in terms of my 72 hours, I'm a little bit beyond that but the sleeping thing hasn't changed.
Jim, you're more than a week in now. How're things going for ya? I remember the sleep does take awhile to come back. Just ODAAT  it will get better

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #227 on: October 25, 2014, 05:58:00 AM »
Quote from: Jim
I'm on my 6th day and I've barely slept at all. Also, my stomach has this little pain on the left side that I'm a bit worried about. In terms of the withdrawls, I sort of have a "bring it on" attitude this time. I wouldn't say I feel like shit because the confidence I've gained in just 6 days is well worth the lack of sleep. I finally feel clean. Not hiding anything.

I've avoided the "replacement" stuff like mint chew, seeds, etc. I think part of this quit is getting away from the idea that I constantly have to be distracted to deal with life. I'm not just trying to quit nicotine, I'm trying to avoid the need to hide and act like a child. If I dipped mint stuff or jerkey chew I think it would make me want the real thing. But, everyone is different.

I'm trying to be constantly on guard. When I feel like things are going great I'm really cautious and get on this website.

So, in terms of my 72 hours, I'm a little bit beyond that but the sleeping thing hasn't changed.
Good sleep can take a while to come back. I remember my first good night of sleep after quitting and it was great. You'll get there. Keep fighting. You are doing this.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Jim Golfer

« Reply #226 on: October 25, 2014, 12:00:00 AM »

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #225 on: October 24, 2014, 08:33:00 PM »
Quote from: Mthomas3824
Quote from: Mike
This is some good quittin' in here!
Thanks AJ appreciate the shout out tonight!
You deserve it mike. Those of us "south of the border" send our prayers to Canada tonight.

Thanks for keeping me honest brother.
Welcome. You do the same for me. Thanks for the prayers too!
If your are quit this long, you are my friend.

Please call on me an keep me quit too.

Addiction is a bitch. Logic and emotion can overcome resolve. I need help and am here to help.

I still post roll daily and promise.

Why? It works. Old saying...if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I'm here and I am quit today. Tomorrow, I don't worry until today. I am undefeated by posting and taking my quit daily.

Congrats but we still are at war. Right?
^^^ this. Thanks for posting your wisdom MT. That's the way to stay quit by winning the war everyday. Which group are you in ? I forget.

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #224 on: October 23, 2014, 05:16:00 PM »
You deserve it mike. Those of us "south of the border" send our prayers to Canada tonight.

If your are quit this long, you are my friend.

Please call on me an keep me quit too.

Addiction is a bitch. Logic and emotion can overcome resolve. I need help and am here to help.

I still post roll daily and promise.

Why? It works. Old saying...if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I'm here and I am quit today. Tomorrow, I don't worry until today. I am undefeated by posting and taking my quit daily.

Congrats but we still are at war. Right?
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #223 on: October 22, 2014, 10:34:00 PM »