Author Topic: So how's everybody's 72hrs going?  (Read 15303 times)

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: So how's everybody's 72hrs going?
« Reply #207 on: September 23, 2014, 09:22:00 PM »
Quote from: schaef418
Quote from: B-loMatt
Welcome to the 4th floor Mike! Well done sir.
Well done! 400! Congrats!
Thanks schaef! Good to meet you! How's your trip to HoF progressing?

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #206 on: September 23, 2014, 09:21:00 PM »
Thanks Matt! Long time no talk. How's things for you?

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #205 on: September 23, 2014, 01:12:00 PM »
Quote from: schaef418
Mike - congratulations on another huge win! Thanks for including a lot of us on what has been a great ride. More greatness ahead!

Go Chiefs!

Offline schaef418

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #204 on: September 23, 2014, 11:04:00 AM »

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #203 on: September 23, 2014, 08:50:00 AM »

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #202 on: August 30, 2014, 12:49:00 AM »
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: Mike
Day 374. Can't believe I passed a year! Just getting back into the swing of things at home after an awesome quitter meet to celebrate a year. For anyone who's never tried it, a quitter meet is a great way to really take this to the next level. Guys who can get this done are few  far between. Quality guys. There's plenty more not quitting everyday as was most recently proven to me yesterday (haven't left the house yet today). Thanks KC it was great to meet you  thanks to W2W for hosting me. This really was truly an awesome experience!
We are all different, but all the same.

The peeps I've met from ktc, including you, are all focused driven people. We have goals - and we meet them. All in on whatever we do. Unfortunately, we were all in with nicotine too. But we have refocused and are now all in on quitting!

Great to meet you too mike. Thanks for making the trip! Next time I'll see you up in Canada!
Lookin forward to seeing you guys up here too. Again thanks to you  KC too. So interesting thoughts  conversation on just what does make people successful on KTC.

Focused - on the quit. At least initially which is the easy part for most. But you can't lose focus or become too complacent.

Drive - as you said goal oriented. Achievement oriented. The quit milestones mean something. Adding another +1 means something. The quit means something.

Accountability. Something you didn't post but we've talked about lots. Your word is your honor in posting roll  being accountable to those who give you their best is of utmost importance.

The few. The proud. The successful KTC quitters!

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #201 on: August 29, 2014, 07:51:00 AM »
Day 374. Can't believe I passed a year! Just getting back into the swing of things at home after an awesome quitter meet to celebrate a year. For anyone who's never tried it, a quitter meet is a great way to really take this to the next level. Guys who can get this done are few  far between. Quality guys. There's plenty more not quitting everyday as was most recently proven to me yesterday (haven't left the house yet today). Thanks KC it was great to meet you  thanks to W2W for hosting me. This really was truly an awesome experience!

The peeps I've met from ktc, including you, are all focused driven people. We have goals - and we meet them. All in on whatever we do. Unfortunately, we were all in with nicotine too. But we have refocused and are now all in on quitting!

Great to meet you too mike. Thanks for making the trip! Next time I'll see you up in Canada!
It was AWESOME meeting you AB. You couldn't have had a better host then Work2Win. Keep on quitting brother. You da man.
Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #200 on: August 29, 2014, 06:46:00 AM »

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #199 on: August 28, 2014, 01:09:00 PM »

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #198 on: August 26, 2014, 10:30:00 AM »
Quote from: Done4Me
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: AppleJack
Wow day 45 today. Just decided to update that I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel for anxiety. While I've spent the better part of a couple months being afraid that I'm dying of cancer  left it too late to quit, now I simply don't know how much more checked out I can get  get a clean bill of health. God has truly granted me a miracle of healing, and the miracle of this site.

For those of you fighting through the anxiety  mental issues, especially when you didn't expect it nearly so bad, go get it all checked out. Self diagnosis, beyond reading about the normal quit symptoms on this site, is a recipe for more anxiety. Then don't forget what you're going through now, as eventually the anxiety has to lessen  the memory will be a great motivator to stay quit.
Happy 365 my friend! I found this gem buried in your intro. Nicotine is a wicked monster, but thru hard work, dedication, accountability, and brotherhood you are succeeding. Today you get to celebrate a huge milestone! Be proud today Mike - Ill have a drink waiting for you this weekend to celebrate!
Wow. A year! Time really does fly bro! Proud to know you ~ proud to quit with you. Congratulations on this milestone Mike!
Congrats on one trip around the sun brother.
A year is huge! How goes the anxiety and focus issues? At 107 days this is an item I still battle.
Congrats on being a week into HoF Done! What an awesome accomplishment to get to celebrate. The anxiety  focus does get better I promise. Your body is amazing at healing but sometimes it feels like a slow process. Too slow. I suspect for me anxiety reared up once I quit as I probably ways had those issues but was self medicating with the tin. So it was bad enough once I quit that I had to go to the doc to get meds for it. If you think it's bad for you don't hesitate to go. Modern medicine is wonderful. Since then I'm prepping to be off the meds in a few months seeing a naturopath  practicing tapping. Do what works. For me the increased focus on getting the right supplements is helping with the focus. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. You can do this you got this.
Mike- Good to meet you. You're a straight up dude and I appreciate your response.
Good to meet you too Done!

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #197 on: August 19, 2014, 11:22:00 PM »
Wow day 45 today. Just decided to update that I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel for anxiety. While I've spent the better part of a couple months being afraid that I'm dying of cancer  left it too late to quit, now I simply don't know how much more checked out I can get  get a clean bill of health. God has truly granted me a miracle of healing, and the miracle of this site.

For those of you fighting through the anxiety  mental issues, especially when you didn't expect it nearly so bad, go get it all checked out. Self diagnosis, beyond reading about the normal quit symptoms on this site, is a recipe for more anxiety. Then don't forget what you're going through now, as eventually the anxiety has to lessen  the memory will be a great motivator to stay quit.
Happy 365 my friend! I found this gem buried in your intro. Nicotine is a wicked monster, but thru hard work, dedication, accountability, and brotherhood you are succeeding. Today you get to celebrate a huge milestone! Be proud today Mike - Ill have a drink waiting for you this weekend to celebrate!
Wow. A year! Time really does fly bro! Proud to know you ~ proud to quit with you. Congratulations on this milestone Mike!
A year is huge! How goes the anxiety and focus issues? At 107 days this is an item I still battle.
Congrats on being a week into HoF Done! What an awesome accomplishment to get to celebrate. The anxiety  focus does get better I promise. Your body is amazing at healing but sometimes it feels like a slow process. Too slow. I suspect for me anxiety reared up once I quit as I probably ways had those issues but was self medicating with the tin. So it was bad enough once I quit that I had to go to the doc to get meds for it. If you think it's bad for you don't hesitate to go. Modern medicine is wonderful. Since then I'm prepping to be off the meds in a few months seeing a naturopath  practicing tapping. Do what works. For me the increased focus on getting the right supplements is helping with the focus. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. You can do this you got this.
Mike- Good to meet you. You're a straight up dude and I appreciate your response.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #196 on: August 19, 2014, 11:07:00 PM »
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: Thumblewort

Gratz on one full orbit of the sun without dip in! Many more sir!
Well done! Congrats on 1 year!
Well done Mike! BAQ you are.
Long time no chat thanks Matt appreciate quitting alongside you for the year too!

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #195 on: August 19, 2014, 11:05:00 PM »
Quote from: derk40

Well done! Congrats on 1 year!
Thanks Derk happy to be quit alongside ya for this year!

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #194 on: August 19, 2014, 11:04:00 PM »

Thanks thumblewort glad to meet ya. Appreciate the kudos. Congrats on being well into the HoF now for you too. Awesome work I see you posted 138 today in July 14

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #193 on: August 19, 2014, 10:58:00 PM »