Author Topic: So how's everybody's 72hrs going?  (Read 15301 times)

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
Re: So how's everybody's 72hrs going?
« Reply #222 on: October 22, 2014, 10:00:00 PM »
Quote from: Mike
Quote from: AppleJack
This is some good quittin' in here!
Thanks AJ appreciate the shout out tonight!
You deserve it mike. Those of us "south of the border" send our prayers to Canada tonight.

Thanks for keeping me honest brother.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #221 on: October 22, 2014, 09:58:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Thanks AJ appreciate the shout out tonight!

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #220 on: October 22, 2014, 08:57:00 PM »
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #219 on: September 26, 2014, 01:00:00 PM »
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: worktowin
402. Feels almost anti climactic after the struggle I had from 300-350 in wanting to quit quitting. Thankfully a planned quitter meet helped give me more strength to make it through. That strength from the meetup should well help propel me into year #2 which has indeed started great by reaching fourth floor. Which a year ago at this time was pretty much quit god level. Half comma even seemed pretty unattainable. I think I've come to the realization I'll struggle with this addiction the rest of my life but it becomes easier to fight with time. There's so much better things to fill things up. Like friends for starters. When you have so many guys freely giving you their best how can you let them down?
This is the whole essence of this site summed up in one paragraph.

In the beginning of quitting, it is a singular focus on yourself. Survival almost... Mentally beating a monster that has beat us for a long time. As the days stack up to weeks, the successful quitters build a network and the focus shifts to a team effort. Because, as we train our minds, failure isn't just about an individual. We have seen the pain and the disappointment, rage and hatred, dished out on this site when a brother let's their team down. The idea of posting a day 1 in April 2013 (and in your November 13 group) is unimaginable to me, and to you. 402 days ago that team accountability concept was pie in the sky. Now it is crystal clear.

Thanks for your support, brother. I owe you a drink soon.
Call it touching on the essence of the site in the last sentence of the paragraph. You summed it up far more eloquently than I could. But yes it's just as I've said for 402 days now. If I have to get this done by myself tomorrow is always soon enough to quit. If I have to get this done for you  my team? Well I'd better get this done right now. Today. Thanks bro for your support too from survival to failure is not an option. Crystal clear. I don't think you owe me a thing but I'll still look forward to collecting soon.
Keep pressing the envelope fellas! The nic bitch would love to claim and steal our quits just to throw it in the faces of the new guys starting out . She'd be saying " see, it's not worth the pain cuz you will cave just like ' johndoevetquittersname'. Keep planning those meet ups! Stay active in the new groups and help mentor some foggy b-tard. When you close yourself off, flat spins happen and thats no bueno !!
Thanks for adding to the discussion Cbird. Hadn't even thought about new quitters reading vet intros for advice  what a downer it would be to read about vets caving while they're fighting through the fog. You're right those of us badass gets also owe it to the newbies trying to get through to HoF  beyond to set the right example.

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #218 on: September 26, 2014, 07:20:00 AM »
402. Feels almost anti climactic after the struggle I had from 300-350 in wanting to quit quitting. Thankfully a planned quitter meet helped give me more strength to make it through. That strength from the meetup should well help propel me into year #2 which has indeed started great by reaching fourth floor. Which a year ago at this time was pretty much quit god level. Half comma even seemed pretty unattainable. I think I've come to the realization I'll struggle with this addiction the rest of my life but it becomes easier to fight with time. There's so much better things to fill things up. Like friends for starters. When you have so many guys freely giving you their best how can you let them down?

In the beginning of quitting, it is a singular focus on yourself. Survival almost... Mentally beating a monster that has beat us for a long time. As the days stack up to weeks, the successful quitters build a network and the focus shifts to a team effort. Because, as we train our minds, failure isn't just about an individual. We have seen the pain and the disappointment, rage and hatred, dished out on this site when a brother let's their team down. The idea of posting a day 1 in April 2013 (and in your November 13 group) is unimaginable to me, and to you. 402 days ago that team accountability concept was pie in the sky. Now it is crystal clear.

Call it touching on the essence of the site in the last sentence of the paragraph. You summed it up far more eloquently than I could. But yes it's just as I've said for 402 days now. If I have to get this done by myself tomorrow is always soon enough to quit. If I have to get this done for you  my team? Well I'd better get this done right now. Today. Thanks bro for your support too from survival to failure is not an option. Crystal clear. I don't think you owe me a thing but I'll still look forward to collecting soon.
Keep pressing the envelope fellas! The nic bitch would love to claim and steal our quits just to throw it in the faces of the new guys starting out . She'd be saying " see, it's not worth the pain cuz you will cave just like ' johndoevetquittersname'. Keep planning those meet ups! Stay active in the new groups and help mentor some foggy b-tard. When you close yourself off, flat spins happen and thats no bueno !!
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #217 on: September 25, 2014, 11:38:00 PM »

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #216 on: September 25, 2014, 09:21:00 PM »

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #215 on: September 25, 2014, 09:13:00 PM »

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #214 on: September 25, 2014, 02:29:00 PM »
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Quote from: KC_Guy
Quote from: schaef418
Quote from: B-loMatt
Welcome to the 4th floor Mike! Well done sir.
Well done! 400! Congrats!
Mike - congratulations on another huge win! Thanks for including a lot of us on what has been a great ride. More greatness ahead!

Go Chiefs!
Thanks for joining me on this wild ride W2W!
Congratulations Brother. 400 days is AWESOME. Keep rolling 1 day at a time. I quit with you.
Hell yeah!!
Congratulations Mike!!! Awesome 400!
Thanks for being here and helping so many.
cheers to YOU!
Congrats on 400 Mike! Keep it going brother!
Thanks Derk glad to be quit with you on this ride!

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #213 on: September 25, 2014, 02:28:00 PM »
Mike - congratulations on another huge win! Thanks for including a lot of us on what has been a great ride. More greatness ahead!

Go Chiefs!
Congratulations Brother. 400 days is AWESOME. Keep rolling 1 day at a time. I quit with you.
Hell yeah!!
cheers to YOU!
Thanks 30  thanks for your compliments! I've fallen off a lot compared to help  support I gave at the start. Even now I think I get a lot more help than I ever give out. Which is the awesome thing about KTC!

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #212 on: September 25, 2014, 12:44:00 PM »

Go Chiefs!
Thanks KC! Again appreciate the time you took to meet up for lunch there. Face to face meeting now has been huge for me heading into year #2 of quit.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #211 on: September 24, 2014, 08:53:00 PM »

Go Chiefs!
Hell yeah!!
cheers to YOU!
Congrats on 400 Mike! Keep it going brother!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #210 on: September 24, 2014, 12:47:00 PM »

Go Chiefs!
Hell yeah!!
cheers to YOU!
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #209 on: September 24, 2014, 08:12:00 AM »

Go Chiefs!
Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #208 on: September 23, 2014, 09:23:00 PM »

Go Chiefs!