Author Topic: So how's everybody's 72hrs going?  (Read 15307 times)

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: So how's everybody's 72hrs going?
« Reply #192 on: August 19, 2014, 10:52:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: Mike
Wow day 45 today. Just decided to update that I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel for anxiety. While I've spent the better part of a couple months being afraid that I'm dying of cancer  left it too late to quit, now I simply don't know how much more checked out I can get  get a clean bill of health. God has truly granted me a miracle of healing, and the miracle of this site.

For those of you fighting through the anxiety  mental issues, especially when you didn't expect it nearly so bad, go get it all checked out. Self diagnosis, beyond reading about the normal quit symptoms on this site, is a recipe for more anxiety. Then don't forget what you're going through now, as eventually the anxiety has to lessen  the memory will be a great motivator to stay quit.
Happy 365 my friend! I found this gem buried in your intro. Nicotine is a wicked monster, but thru hard work, dedication, accountability, and brotherhood you are succeeding. Today you get to celebrate a huge milestone! Be proud today Mike - Ill have a drink waiting for you this weekend to celebrate!
Wow. A year! Time really does fly bro! Proud to know you ~ proud to quit with you. Congratulations on this milestone Mike!
Congrats on one trip around the sun brother.
Long time no see so Congrats to you on your year too! A month into your 2nd year now. Thanks!

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #191 on: August 19, 2014, 10:50:00 PM »
Wow day 45 today. Just decided to update that I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel for anxiety. While I've spent the better part of a couple months being afraid that I'm dying of cancer  left it too late to quit, now I simply don't know how much more checked out I can get  get a clean bill of health. God has truly granted me a miracle of healing, and the miracle of this site.

For those of you fighting through the anxiety  mental issues, especially when you didn't expect it nearly so bad, go get it all checked out. Self diagnosis, beyond reading about the normal quit symptoms on this site, is a recipe for more anxiety. Then don't forget what you're going through now, as eventually the anxiety has to lessen  the memory will be a great motivator to stay quit.
Happy 365 my friend! I found this gem buried in your intro. Nicotine is a wicked monster, but thru hard work, dedication, accountability, and brotherhood you are succeeding. Today you get to celebrate a huge milestone! Be proud today Mike - Ill have a drink waiting for you this weekend to celebrate!
Wow. A year! Time really does fly bro! Proud to know you ~ proud to quit with you. Congratulations on this milestone Mike!
Thanks bro proud to be quit with ya today too! Thanks for all you've do e for me over the last year too also couldn't have made it without ya. Time really does fly by. Proud to know you  be quit with you too.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #190 on: August 19, 2014, 10:48:00 PM »

Thanks my friend  thanks for all you've done for me over the last year. I really could t have done it without ya. Looking forward to celebrating in a couple days. Glad you found that gem too. I haven't gone back  reread anything as I thought the last year was pretty fresh in my mind. But though I don't update here very often anymore, that post really does show how far I've come. Still not sure how far I'll make it but today is a certainty. I posted roll.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #189 on: August 19, 2014, 10:44:00 PM »
Quote from: Joe
Mike,
Im envious and proud of you all at once. 300 days is amazing.

Well done.

Joe
Thanks Joe! Glad to be quit with ya today. Checked Sept 14 today see you posted day 70. Awesome work! No matter what day you're on it's ways ODAAT for another +1 so you don't have to be envious. You can be proud of your accomplishments for sure!

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #188 on: August 19, 2014, 12:03:00 PM »
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quote from: Done4Me

A year is huge! How goes the anxiety and focus issues? At 107 days this is an item I still battle.
Gratz on one full orbit of the sun without dip in! Many more sir!
Well done! Congrats on 1 year!
Well done Mike! BAQ you are.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #187 on: August 19, 2014, 11:19:00 AM »
Quote from: Thumblewort

A year is huge! How goes the anxiety and focus issues? At 107 days this is an item I still battle.
Well done! Congrats on 1 year!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #186 on: August 19, 2014, 10:53:00 AM »

Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #185 on: August 19, 2014, 10:52:00 AM »

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #184 on: August 19, 2014, 10:40:00 AM »

"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #183 on: August 19, 2014, 09:19:00 AM »

Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #182 on: August 19, 2014, 06:04:00 AM »

Offline Joe C

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-11
  • Interests: *Family, Friends, Sports - Lax(college), Football(pro), Baseball(pro) Basketball(college), Music
« Reply #181 on: June 17, 2014, 08:31:00 PM »
Mike,
Im envious and proud of you all at once. 300 days is amazing.

Well done.

Joe

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #180 on: June 17, 2014, 07:48:00 PM »
Thanks AJ, W2W, Derk,  Srans. Appreciate all you guys have done for me. 300 days ago I didn't think this was possible or even desirable. What a difference some months can make!

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #179 on: June 17, 2014, 08:56:00 AM »
Quote from: derk40
Wow can't believe it's been 300 days! Looking back it's hard to imagine just how far I've come. Now is not the time to get complacent though. Too much good has happened to let it slip away.
Greatness is ahead. 300 is a huge milestone! Well done Mike!
Nice job Mike! 300 days is some great quittin! Quit with you all day long!
Niiice job mike.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #178 on: June 17, 2014, 06:54:00 AM »
Wow can't believe it's been 300 days! Looking back it's hard to imagine just how far I've come. Now is not the time to get complacent though. Too much good has happened to let it slip away.
Greatness is ahead. 300 is a huge milestone! Well done Mike!
Nice job Mike! 300 days is some great quittin! Quit with you all day long!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech