Author Topic: Snot's Musings  (Read 4738 times)

Offline Snot

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-30
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Snot's Musings
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2014, 03:34:00 PM »
Day 31.

One month quit.

The quit does seem to be getting slowly better. The craves are still hard but not as frequent as weeks 2  3. Days 29  30 were actually decent. Sleep is still rocky but not bad.

I am strangely kinda nostalgic of the very early days of my quit. It sounds bizarre but I think back to the first week with something like almost fondness. There is no way in hell I want to relive it but, in a way, I kind of - just a tiny bit - miss it? It's weird. Maybe it was the outpouring of support from KTC and the idea of being one of the "new kids" that I no longer have. I don't know. Maybe its because the quit seems routine now. The days are similar: craves after meals, craves after exercise, lots of seeds/gum/fake. This has been the routine for several weeks now. Some days are slightly better than others but they are all somewhat the same.

I think I have hit my first funk.

Offline Snot

• Quitter
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2014, 11:16:00 PM »
Day 23.

First of all, thank you all for the comments. I truly appreciate the support you all provide. I hope that one day I can pay it all back as a "vet."

The days from 14 to now have been similar. Daily craves, the occasional rage, still a light fog. Some days are better than others. The craves seem to be getting less frequent. What used to seem to be hourly craves are now every couple of hours. Today was a pretty good day. I can probably count on one hand the number of craves I had. I have the tools in place to handle them now.

To newbies that read this, Day 23 is much better then day 14 which was much better than day 7 which was... well, you get the idea. Hang in there, it will be better. If you have a rough day, power through it and see what tomorrow brings. Chances are, it will be better.

I know I am not out of the woods. I will have more tough days. But for the first time I am starting to get a feel for what life after dip is like.

Offline Joe C

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-11
  • Interests: *Family, Friends, Sports - Lax(college), Football(pro), Baseball(pro) Basketball(college), Music
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2014, 08:32:00 PM »
Quote from: Snot
Day 13.

The past couple of days have been bad but not horrible. I still have craves, sometimes they are constant, sometimes I get an hours reprieve. I get the occasional headache. I try to keep myself busy to keep my mind off of the habit. I've done a lot of yard work lately, the garage has not been this clean in over a year, and I am rebuilding an old computer. Staying busy helps.

I have not been in any serious threat of caving. When the craves get bad, I remind myself of the hell I went through to get to day 13. I don't want to go through that again... ever. Day 2 was particularly painful. Remembering that - and the fake stuff - are enough to fight the craves. But, man, this is tiresome. One day at a time.
Snot,

You've got this. The fake stuff has saved my quit more than anything else. I felt guilty at first but no tobacco and no nicotine so why the F not?
Don't know what you dipped but I was a 30 year Copenhagen guy. If that was your poison I suggest a combination of Bacc-Off Straight with a generous dusting of cayenne pepper. Trust me, try it. Bacc-Off comes in wintergreen so Im sure that and the cayenne will work.
It does the trick.

Keep your head in it through the fog. I like to look back to see how far Ive come and then look forward.

Quit on, my friend (and try my recipe- let me know how it works for you).

Offline Raz79

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-21
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2014, 04:09:00 PM »
Day 13.

The past couple of days have been bad but not horrible. I still have craves, sometimes they are constant, sometimes I get an hours reprieve. I get the occasional headache. I try to keep myself busy to keep my mind off of the habit. I've done a lot of yard work lately, the garage has not been this clean in over a year, and I am rebuilding an old computer. Staying busy helps.

I have not been in any serious threat of caving. When the craves get bad, I remind myself of the hell I went through to get to day 13. I don't want to go through that again... ever. Day 2 was particularly painful. Remembering that - and the fake stuff - are enough to fight the craves. But, man, this is tiresome. One day at a time.
Hi Snot,

Like you I was addicted to the Swedish Snus. I'm on day 24 of my quit and its gotten better each week, but the craves are still there. Keep up the fight each day and keep busy.

1-0 mentality each day!

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2014, 08:38:00 PM »
Quote from: 30yrAddict
Quote from: srans
Day 13.

Your on your way to a door my friend. This day is hard to get to and open. I can't tell you how long it will take to get to the door, but I can tell you that you'll make it with determination, drive, accountability and knowledge. Settle in and make your way to the door.

Your going to start uncovering lie after lie. Your going to have some bad days, but the good days will make up for the bad one. The bad days will become further and further apart in time. Live in the moment my friend, your in no hurry.

It's all mental right now. You screwed that brain of your's for a long time. Your brain and body now thank you for this decision. You've begun buillding a new snot (screen name kills me lol). The new snot (laughing again) is going to be one bad dude. Take it one day at a time. You won't get so worn down when you stop thinking of this as big steps. Take littler ones. Quit with you today.
Snot,

Just a bit longer, brother! Things are about to take a drastic change for the better. Craves will come less often and be less intense. Soon freedom will be the new normal.

Stay the course. Never again for any reason.

Congrats on your quit!
The headaches are because your brain is getting more oxygen than it is used to, they are common at this stage. One day at a time Snot
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2014, 07:01:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
Day 13.

Your on your way to a door my friend. This day is hard to get to and open. I can't tell you how long it will take to get to the door, but I can tell you that you'll make it with determination, drive, accountability and knowledge. Settle in and make your way to the door.

Your going to start uncovering lie after lie. Your going to have some bad days, but the good days will make up for the bad one. The bad days will become further and further apart in time. Live in the moment my friend, your in no hurry.

It's all mental right now. You screwed that brain of your's for a long time. Your brain and body now thank you for this decision. You've begun buillding a new snot (screen name kills me lol). The new snot (laughing again) is going to be one bad dude. Take it one day at a time. You won't get so worn down when you stop thinking of this as big steps. Take littler ones. Quit with you today.
Snot,

Just a bit longer, brother! Things are about to take a drastic change for the better. Craves will come less often and be less intense. Soon freedom will be the new normal.

Stay the course. Never again for any reason.

Congrats on your quit!

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2014, 05:08:00 PM »
Day 13.

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Snot

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2014, 04:56:00 PM »
Day 13.

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2014, 08:41:00 PM »
What a crappy roller coaster ride this is... but I ain't getting off.

Since getting out of the physical crap on day 4, I've been battling the craves and the funk. Most of my days have been crappy. Craves galore, still have trouble concentrating at work, shoving seeds, gum, candy, food, fake stuff in my mouth all the damn time.

Then day 10 hit and all of the sudden things were not quite as bad. Sure the craves and funk were there but they were not as intense. Day 10 was actually not that bad. I felt a little light at the end of the tunnel. Could I possibly be getting better already?! Am I on the downhill slide?

Then Day 11 - Nope! We are back to the craves and funk of earlier. Progress is nil. WTF?! Where are my lollipops and rainbows of day 10? I thought I was getting better?! I'm fighting the craves all damn day. Welcome to the roller coaster ride, Snot!

The peeps on chat have been very helpful during these early days - Jubella, redtrain, kdip, Ginet, Bradleyguy, p23 - I know I'm forgetting some. Great group of quitters who want to help. They've warned me of roller coaster and always the advice is "it gets better". I'll take their word for it.

I've also been warned about the 2 Week Weakness. Bring it on, nic bitch! I've got my October quit group, my numbers, my chats. I have an army of October quit soldiers and veterans ready to fight with me. My army will overcome!

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom."
- George S. Patton
Hey Snot welcome . The hardest thing about quitting is making the decision, so yes , your on the downhill side.

Nicotine is a neurotoxin, ounce for ounce it is more deadly than cobra venom. Its long term use hijacks your bodies natural chemical balance. Serotonin is affected as well as adrenaline. Some of the chemicals in dip can take close to a month to leach out of your system. It's some nasty shit. Be patient.

Craves last just a few minutes or seconds. Don't try to ignore them, just acknowledge it and move on. This is known as embracing the suck.

Excercise is proven to reduce both the frequency and intensity of craves. Take a walk or hit the gym.

Cut back your caffeine. Nicotine counters the effect of caffeine so if your still drinking the same amount your gonna be jumpier than a midget at a nudist convention.

There is no light at the end of the tunnel buddy. The journey is the destination. Quit worrying about when your going to surf rainbows .

This is the price you pay to earn your freedom, it hurts, accept that. Quit as if your alternative is death, it is. You can do anything if you know it's temporary. Craves are a momentary bump, that you'll hardly remember years from now.

You got this
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline Snot

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2014, 11:46:00 PM »
What a crappy roller coaster ride this is... but I ain't getting off.

Since getting out of the physical crap on day 4, I've been battling the craves and the funk. Most of my days have been crappy. Craves galore, still have trouble concentrating at work, shoving seeds, gum, candy, food, fake stuff in my mouth all the damn time.

Then day 10 hit and all of the sudden things were not quite as bad. Sure the craves and funk were there but they were not as intense. Day 10 was actually not that bad. I felt a little light at the end of the tunnel. Could I possibly be getting better already?! Am I on the downhill slide?

Then Day 11 - Nope! We are back to the craves and funk of earlier. Progress is nil. WTF?! Where are my lollipops and rainbows of day 10? I thought I was getting better?! I'm fighting the craves all damn day. Welcome to the roller coaster ride, Snot!

The peeps on chat have been very helpful during these early days - Jubella, redtrain, kdip, Ginet, Bradleyguy, p23 - I know I'm forgetting some. Great group of quitters who want to help. They've warned me of roller coaster and always the advice is "it gets better". I'll take their word for it.

I've also been warned about the 2 Week Weakness. Bring it on, nic bitch! I've got my October quit group, my numbers, my chats. I have an army of October quit soldiers and veterans ready to fight with me. My army will overcome!

"I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom."
- George S. Patton

Offline Snot

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2014, 11:09:00 PM »
Quote from: wastepanel
Badass song for a badass quitter
Ha! My have to be my theme song for this quit.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2014, 09:14:00 AM »
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

E&C's Dad

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2014, 09:03:00 AM »
Snot I like this quit you have going. Welcome to the nut house and keep up the great work!!

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2014, 12:07:00 AM »
Nice to meet you today. Now remember, only today matters. If you can't do today then you don't need to worry about tomorrow. Quit with you....
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline Menace

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2014, 10:09:00 PM »
Thank you all for the support! Day 10 is almost done and the craves were not too bad today.
Keep grinding Snot, ODAAT for the rest of our days brother. She is always around the corner waiting..............
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?