Author Topic: New member - 7 days quit today  (Read 3252 times)

Offline jswiss11

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-01-08 00:24:00
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New member - 7 days quit today
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2016, 12:47:00 PM »
congrats on HOF RWC! glad to be quit with you brother. onwards and upwards to the 2nd floor!!

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 88
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2016, 03:48:00 PM »
Congrats on your 100 Days RWC! Proud to have done it with you!

Offline rwcdrums

• Quitter
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2016, 01:22:00 PM »
Hey guys! Sorry for getting back to you all so late. Busy weekend. Well, the quit reveal went excellent! She was super proud and supportive and it even led to a little hanky panky as well! She asked more about the group and more in-depth questions about my quit (what I thought, how have I been feeling, etc.) She was very happy and proud and thank you all for reading and inquiring about how things went! Really means a lot! Gotta run. Talk soon! 'Cheers'
I was taught the way of progress is neither swift nor easy. -Marie Curie

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2016, 06:51:00 AM »
Quote from: FISHFLORIDA
Quote from: rwcdrums
Well today's the day! 30 days quit!! I just texted my wife, "we need to talk tonight". You know, just to fuck with her. Lol It'll be awesome to tell her that I have been nic free for 30 days! However, she'll never be as proud as I am of myself and that's perfectly fine. I did this for ME anyways. Quit on quitters! 'Cheers'
I'm proud of you! August is proud of you!!
My guess is that you had a really good night.

Congratulations on your first big milestone!

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
  • The Adventures of Florida Man
  • Quit Date: 5/24/16
  • Interests: Saltwater Flyfishing
  • Likes Given: 1533
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2016, 12:01:00 AM »
Well today's the day! 30 days quit!! I just texted my wife, "we need to talk tonight". You know, just to fuck with her. Lol It'll be awesome to tell her that I have been nic free for 30 days! However, she'll never be as proud as I am of myself and that's perfectly fine. I did this for ME anyways. Quit on quitters! 'Cheers'
I'm proud of you! August is proud of you!!
Just one is right back to where you were and where you were was desperately wishing you were where you are now.- Via Flip
"But KNOW that quitting every day means that eventually you'll have to quit on the day Lassie kicks the bucket" - ZAM
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline jswiss11

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-01-08 00:24:00
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2016, 10:53:00 AM »
how was the 30day reveal with the wife?!!

Offline rwcdrums

• Quitter
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2016, 03:10:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
30 days is bad ass Drums!
Hell yeah!! Thanks!

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2016, 02:55:00 PM »
30 days is bad ass Drums!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline rwcdrums

• Quitter
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2016, 02:37:00 PM »

Offline YoYo-

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-05-31
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2016, 03:13:00 PM »
Rwc congrats on quitting. It's astonishing how similar ours and many others stories are on this site. I ninja'd for years as well and would do the exact same things to get a dip. My wife has said for years that she doesn't want kids if I continued.

You're not alone as you know.

My condolences to your friend. I can't imagine the pain.
Trying to earn my wife's trust One Day At A Time

Offline rwcdrums

• Quitter
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2016, 02:28:00 PM »
Haven't posted for a while, so here it goes. Everything is going pretty well. Over Memorial Day weekend I was around dip a good bit. However, not once did I think of caving. Actually, I was surprised. Not because I consider myself weak but because I figured that it might spark a trigger or make me "think" I missed it. However, none of the above. On a darker note, my best friend lost his 3 year old son this past Saturday. My wife and I traveled to see him and it was a very sad and stressful situation for me. Before I would have turned to dip to "de-stress" but I am proud to say that it never crossed my mind. I can't imagine the pain my friend and his wife are going through, but I remain strong in my quit.

I'm now at day 27 and tomorrow marks a full four weeks I've been quit now! Very proud of myself (as well as the rest of you). I really never thought I would get to this point, mainly because when I quit I didn't have a strong desire to. However, as the days ticked away, I found that my desire to quit grew stronger everyday. The positive "side effects" (whiter teeth, fresher breath, not having to "ninja" dip, etc.) have definitely strengthened my quit as well. This Thursday will mark the day that I FINALLY tell my wife about my quit and to proclaim to her that I am 30 days nic free!! I am planning on taking her out for a few drinks to celebrate and I will keep everyone posted with her response.

That's pretty much what's going on for now. Just thought I'd give everyone a little update. You all take care and stay strong! Together we got this!! 'Cheers'

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
  • The Adventures of Florida Man
  • Quit Date: 5/24/16
  • Interests: Saltwater Flyfishing
  • Likes Given: 1533
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2016, 11:01:00 AM »
Hello everyone. I decided after much back and forth that I would create an account and post here. I decided last Tuesday to give up the can. It wasn't a "hardcore quit" like I see many people post on here. I didn't say "F U" to the can or anything like that, I just said to myself that once I ran out I wouldn't buy any more and see if I can kick this habit. Let me back up and give you a quick rundown of my story.

I started rubbing snuff in 2007 at 25 year old when I moved in with a roommate who was a habitual user. My life was in shambles after all three of my family members were in the ICU that year and I needed a way to "decompress". It started with snuff pouches and eventually led to the loose stuff. I was pretty much a "ninja" user and only a select few individuals knew about it. As the years went on so did the habit. My father passed away in 2008 and my relationship with my fiance at the time was falling apart. She ended up finding out about my habit and scolded me like a dog. This made me feel worthless as a person. Shortly after, we parted ways. Just an FYI, it wasn't the tobacco that ended our relationship.

Anyways, over the years I had really let myself go. I became overweight and my health was now a concern. I decided to start working out and watching my diet. I ended up losing a good amount of weight (80-90lbs) and after a while, started dating again. I decided to set my sights high and go after a particular girl who I was intrigued by. She was someone who I thought of as being "out of my league", but I was so smitten that I didn't even care. I never let on about my tobacco use and I would rub snuff up until the time I picked her up for a date and immediately again after I dropped her back off. One day I had a moment of clarity and decided that if I was going to date a girl of this caliber, she would not be accommodating of my habit. So cold turkey it was. I threw the can out and never looked back. Unfortunately, a few months later, she decided that she wasn't ready for a relationship and we parted ways. We kept in touch here and there, but nothing more than that.

Even though I was upset that we couldn't make it work, I didn't default on my quit (at that point). I had a new found sense of confidence after losing weight and quitting my habit that I decided to make some further life changes. I quit my full-time job and decided to go back to college to finish my degree. This was something I had regretted not doing and it was actually the "out-of-my-league girl" that convinced me to go back. She simply said to me one day, "you should never have any regrets in life". So in January of 2011, I returned to college as a 29 year old student. Things were going well at that point. I was acing all of my classes and still solid in my quit. However, I ended up having to take an overnight security job so that I could attend classes during the day. That meant trying to stay awake all night not only to do my job, but to also work on homework. I was struggling to stay awake and focused all night. I ended up caving when I saw a coworker rubbing chewing tobacco. I thought to myself, "chewing tobacco isn't as strong as snuff so you won't get hooked". At first, I did pretty good with it. I only chewed the nights my coworker and I worked together and it was only once a night. However, one thing led to another and the next thing I know is that I'm buying/rubbing snuff everyday again.

Fast forward a year or so and the "out-of-my league" girl and I start talking again and decided to go out for dinner one night. Things were different this time around and we were both ready for a relationship. I'll save you from all the lovey dovey stuff but fast forward 2-3 later and that girl is now my wife. Things in life are great. I graduated at the top of my class in December of 2014. My wife and I have been married two years in June and I couldn't be happier. What I'm not happy about is that since we've been married I have been in full "ninja" mode. I never stopped rubbing snuff once we moved in together, but it was always behind her back. I literally couldn't wait for her to leave for work in the morning so I could pop in a rub. I found myself timing when she left work so that I could continue to rub up until the very last minute before she pulled into the driveway. I would make excuses to run errands just so I could partake in my filthy habit. At this point in our marriage, she knew that I had rubbed here and there in the past, but never knew is was a habit or that I was currently rubbing every day behind her back.

That was up until about two months ago. One day she came home to find a spitter that I left on the counter. When questioned about it, I came somewhat clean and told that that I sometimes rub snuff. She was actually pretty cool about it and we didn't discuss it anymore that evening. I was always fine with doing it behind her back because I was afraid that if she was ok with it then I would do it more often. Two weeks after getting busted with the spitter we were lying in bed. She turned to me out of nowhere and asked if I rubbed everyday. I hesitated for a moment and then decided to come totally clean. I told her the truth and that I was addicted. Again, she was fairly cool about it but this time she asked me to work on quitting. She said especially if we were going to have kids she wanted me to be around for the long haul. I vowed that I would work on quitting, but didn't really take it to heart. For the next couple of weeks, I still rubbed but I still didn't do it in front of her. I had felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders since I came totally clean with her. It was the only secret I kept from her and the cat was now finally out of the bag.

This brings us up to last Tuesday. I actually believe my last rub was on Monday, but we'll go with Tuesday as my official quit day. I apologize this post is so long, but once I started typing it just kinda flowed out of me. She doesn't know that I'm seven days clean and I really don't want to tell her until I'm at least 30 days clean. I just feel like that is more of an accomplishment and something she could take more seriously. I'm still having cravings, but I'm fighting those off with gum, seeds, etc. My main issue is that it used to give me something to look forward to and now I feel like I have nothing. Now, while that's not necessarily true, it does feel like I have an empty void in my life now. Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated. I am still working out 5-6 days a week and watching my diet. One of my main fears was weight gain after quitting so I'm trying to closely monitor that. Like I said, I'm new to the site and this is my first post. I apologize if I've done things out of order or broken any rules. Here's to one week clean. 'Cheers'
You got this Brother!
Just one is right back to where you were and where you were was desperately wishing you were where you are now.- Via Flip
"But KNOW that quitting every day means that eventually you'll have to quit on the day Lassie kicks the bucket" - ZAM
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline rwcdrums

• Quitter
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2016, 09:42:00 AM »
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: stieramus
Well, day 17 quit. It's crazy to think it's been that many days. When I first started my quit, I wasn't even sure I was wanting to quit. I just decided I was tired of buying dip and sneaking around so I said to myself, "maybe I'll make this my last can." That was 17 days ago and my desire to quit has got much stronger since then. I still notice my mood is a little off here and there. I have good days and bad. Last night I snapped at my wife and she asked me why I've been so edgy lately (If you're just now tuning in, I've decided not to tell my wife that I'm quit until I hit my 30 day mark). There's really no other reason not to tell her until then except for the fact that I feel like 30 days quit really makes a statement. Anyways, back to my moodiness. I told her that I've just been really tired lately and that seemed to suffice. So clearly I'm still dealing with mood issues, but nothing too severe.

One of my main concerns was weight gain after quitting. Over the last 7 years I've dropped a total of 128 +/- pounds, so gaining weight was my biggest fear. I'm happy to report that I've actually dropped a few pounds so things are good. I read somewhere online that you shouldn't cut calories while also trying to quit nic because it was too hard. Well my friends, I'm making it work just fine. It all depends on how much you want it and I want it bad! One of my biggest triggers was throwing in a dip after working out. Now, I just reach for those sunflower seeds and I'm all set!

That's pretty much all I have for now. I dread the weekends because posting roll without the wife taking notice as to what I'm doing can be tricky. lol Oh well, it's way better sneaking around to post roll than to dip. However, it will be nice when I can tell her that I'm quit and won't have to post roll from the shitter. Haha!!

Have a great holiday weekend everyone!! ODAAT!! 'Cheers'
As echoed by all congrats on the quit. Awesome intro. I just wanted to touch in the weight gain aspect. It seem inevitable that a slight weight gain occurs. I think the culprit is that we replace one addiction (dip) with another (food). I know it's going to be a hard pill to swallow but focus mainly on the quitting of dip. It'll kill you faster than a few lbs. with that said there have been a few members recently who could handle multiple changes and succeed. They implemented new workout plans and lost a good bit of weight. It really all depends on the type of person you are. I'd say def focus on the quitting dip and keep an eye on the food. Choose healthy snacks over quick snacks. I was at my heaviest ever in November when I started my journey. Over that time I've managed to drop 30 lbs. Given my past failures I really wanted this quit to last. The lbs were an after thought.

Don't make posting roll a problem with the wife either man. Let her know what you're doing. It's a tool to save your life there should be no shame in using it! The wives seems to be the most supportive in many instances.

Congrats brother, I quit with you.
If you tell her today you will likely have a really good long weekend. Just sayin'.

'do it'
Good thinking! 'Cheers'

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2016, 07:43:00 AM »
Quote from: stieramus
Well, day 17 quit. It's crazy to think it's been that many days. When I first started my quit, I wasn't even sure I was wanting to quit. I just decided I was tired of buying dip and sneaking around so I said to myself, "maybe I'll make this my last can." That was 17 days ago and my desire to quit has got much stronger since then. I still notice my mood is a little off here and there. I have good days and bad. Last night I snapped at my wife and she asked me why I've been so edgy lately (If you're just now tuning in, I've decided not to tell my wife that I'm quit until I hit my 30 day mark). There's really no other reason not to tell her until then except for the fact that I feel like 30 days quit really makes a statement. Anyways, back to my moodiness. I told her that I've just been really tired lately and that seemed to suffice. So clearly I'm still dealing with mood issues, but nothing too severe.

One of my main concerns was weight gain after quitting. Over the last 7 years I've dropped a total of 128 +/- pounds, so gaining weight was my biggest fear. I'm happy to report that I've actually dropped a few pounds so things are good. I read somewhere online that you shouldn't cut calories while also trying to quit nic because it was too hard. Well my friends, I'm making it work just fine. It all depends on how much you want it and I want it bad! One of my biggest triggers was throwing in a dip after working out. Now, I just reach for those sunflower seeds and I'm all set!

That's pretty much all I have for now. I dread the weekends because posting roll without the wife taking notice as to what I'm doing can be tricky. lol Oh well, it's way better sneaking around to post roll than to dip. However, it will be nice when I can tell her that I'm quit and won't have to post roll from the shitter. Haha!!

As echoed by all congrats on the quit. Awesome intro. I just wanted to touch in the weight gain aspect. It seem inevitable that a slight weight gain occurs. I think the culprit is that we replace one addiction (dip) with another (food). I know it's going to be a hard pill to swallow but focus mainly on the quitting of dip. It'll kill you faster than a few lbs. with that said there have been a few members recently who could handle multiple changes and succeed. They implemented new workout plans and lost a good bit of weight. It really all depends on the type of person you are. I'd say def focus on the quitting dip and keep an eye on the food. Choose healthy snacks over quick snacks. I was at my heaviest ever in November when I started my journey. Over that time I've managed to drop 30 lbs. Given my past failures I really wanted this quit to last. The lbs were an after thought.

Don't make posting roll a problem with the wife either man. Let her know what you're doing. It's a tool to save your life there should be no shame in using it! The wives seems to be the most supportive in many instances.

If you tell her today you will likely have a really good long weekend. Just sayin'.

'do it'

Offline stieramus

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-09
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2016, 07:19:00 AM »

Quitting for life, ODAAT.

Quit 8/9/15
HOF - 11/16/15
2nd floor- 2/24/16
3rd floor- 6/3/16

Still quit 1,480 days (as of today 8/27/19) and counting