Author Topic: Lenten quitter  (Read 15322 times)

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: Lenten quitter
« Reply #214 on: November 18, 2014, 05:17:00 PM »
I hope some Newbies read this thread...if you quit your ass off, and become a leader, one of Thumble's caliber, this is the type of reaction one gets when we feel we're losing a brother. Half the freakin' website jumps to Thumble's aid to right the ship.

AND, what prompted all of this - just some quit antics. One guy's bad judgment that really had good intent all over it - just trying to be a better brotha.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Lipizzaner

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #213 on: November 18, 2014, 05:08:00 PM »
Thumble- good to have you back. Now get rid of the bodies at your work place before the sheriffs come interview you in person.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #212 on: November 18, 2014, 04:51:00 PM »
All is right with the universe.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline J2b

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
    • May 11
  • Quit Date: 01/23/2011
  • Likes Given: 239
« Reply #211 on: November 18, 2014, 04:46:00 PM »
Quote from: Done4Me
Quote from: Thumblewort
It was one of those "seemed good at the time" things. I have had many of those. D4 has had my back since he joined up, so outside of me going to the foreskin removal factory where he works and knocking the cow dick out of his.......hand, we are good.
Thanks Twort.
Thanks for coming back, or for knocking the cow dick out of your.....hand?

'na na'

Glad KTC's number 1 freak is back where he belongs. 'help'
The problem is not the problem.  The problem is your attitude about the problem.  Do you understand?

Draw Fire

If its too much trouble to post roll call, you could always fuck off.

Quit Group: May 11 3 Balled Quitters

• Quit: 01/23/11

E&C's Dad

« Reply #210 on: November 18, 2014, 04:44:00 PM »
Wow, I don't think I have seen this much drama on an intro since the days of WCWBIGNASTY! Glad to have you back Thumb!!

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #209 on: November 18, 2014, 04:39:00 PM »
Welcome back happy/sad killer clown! 'na na'
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #208 on: November 18, 2014, 04:35:00 PM »
Quote from: Sapper
It was one of those "seemed good at the time" things. I have had many of those. D4 has had my back since he joined up, so outside of me going to the foreskin removal factory where he works and knocking the cow dick out of his.......hand, we are good.
and there was much rejoicing.
IÂ’ll be the first to admit ti, even though you were only gone for a day, it was nice and quiet in here 'na na' 'Finger' 'winker' roflmao roflmao roflmao
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #207 on: November 18, 2014, 04:35:00 PM »
Thanks Twort.

Offline Bignate76

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-18
« Reply #206 on: November 18, 2014, 04:33:00 PM »
Hell yes! Great to see you post man! :-)

Offline Sap

• Quitter
« Reply #205 on: November 18, 2014, 04:33:00 PM »
and there was much rejoicing.
If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic? - Sam Harris

What the hell is a meatless, cheeseless pizza? Isn't that a breadstick? Doc Chewfree

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #204 on: November 18, 2014, 04:31:00 PM »
It was one of those "seemed good at the time" things. I have had many of those. D4 has had my back since he joined up, so outside of me going to the foreskin removal factory where he works and knocking the cow dick out of his.......hand..... we are good.

Why I over-reacted - this happened literally 10 minutes after I got off the phone with the Sheriff;s department regarding a Criagslist scam my wife got us in the middle of. "Honey, instead of $120 for the kids bikes, we got a check for $4,100 and weird instructions to where to wire the excess money". And yes, she or course gave these scammers our address.

I apologize for the drama, but I was not happy last night. Maybe someday D4 can tell me how he got as far as he did, because I don't give my work number out........dude, you can be my Facefuck friend and we can play Words with Friends, but my office is where I pimp my ho's.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #203 on: November 18, 2014, 04:24:00 PM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: THansen2413
Quote from: done4me
I alluded to it in a roll post in July the other day, something like somebody has a surprise coming.
Honestly, dude, this line bugs me as well.
It shouldn't bug anyone. Totally harmless. I have supported Thumble since I got here. A lot of it is in his intro. I don't believe there's an issue with wanting to talk to the guy. In retrospect, it's the surprise element that caused the issue.
I'm not sure the "surprise" element was the biggest issue. Calling into a work place and dropping his KTC moniker wasn't the brightest idea. It looks unprofessional when you're getting paged, or ask for Thumblewort of KTC. Or even if you called directly to his phone at work, it's still unprofessional. Work is how we all survive. I don't have a wife or kids, but work is still necessary for me to survive as a young adult. I would be pretty fired up if someone called my place of employment and asked for THansen of KTC. Not because I'm embarrassed of my addiction, this site, or my quit...but because it could jeopardize my job, and my image at work.

I love you both in a very ghey way. I don't think people should be banned (unless it's written into the fine print we all agree to when joining) from this site. I think it's a valuable lesson to all quitters on here. Cell phones are one thing. Home phones and work phones, are completely off limits, unless approved by that quitter.

Just my feelings... Will be a sad day if Thumble doesn't come back.
Tyler I get that. Guarantee you it won't happen again. Not after this debacle and that's on me, not Twort. Thumble is his own boss so he has no one to answer to thus I did not believe it to be an issue. When I called I asked for him by his first name, not his screen name.
Done4, glad things are getting straightened and glad you had a chance to talk with some guys this afternoon.

I wasn't preaching at you, which I think you know. Just think this whole situation could be a valuable learning experience for others who may have similar ideas in the future.

Now we need to get Thumble back here. Like today.
Somebody call him up at work and let him know everything is cool.
I'm pretty damn sure Thumble will be posting when he gets home from work.
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #202 on: November 18, 2014, 04:09:00 PM »
I alluded to it in a roll post in July the other day, something like somebody has a surprise coming.
It shouldn't bug anyone. Totally harmless. I have supported Thumble since I got here. A lot of it is in his intro. I don't believe there's an issue with wanting to talk to the guy. In retrospect, it's the surprise element that caused the issue.
I'm not sure the "surprise" element was the biggest issue. Calling into a work place and dropping his KTC moniker wasn't the brightest idea. It looks unprofessional when you're getting paged, or ask for Thumblewort of KTC. Or even if you called directly to his phone at work, it's still unprofessional. Work is how we all survive. I don't have a wife or kids, but work is still necessary for me to survive as a young adult. I would be pretty fired up if someone called my place of employment and asked for THansen of KTC. Not because I'm embarrassed of my addiction, this site, or my quit...but because it could jeopardize my job, and my image at work.

I love you both in a very ghey way. I don't think people should be banned (unless it's written into the fine print we all agree to when joining) from this site. I think it's a valuable lesson to all quitters on here. Cell phones are one thing. Home phones and work phones, are completely off limits, unless approved by that quitter.

Tyler I get that. Guarantee you it won't happen again. Not after this debacle and that's on me, not Twort. Thumble is his own boss so he has no one to answer to thus I did not believe it to be an issue. When I called I asked for him by his first name, not his screen name.
Done4, glad things are getting straightened and glad you had a chance to talk with some guys this afternoon.

I wasn't preaching at you, which I think you know. Just think this whole situation could be a valuable learning experience for others who may have similar ideas in the future.

Somebody call him up at work and let him know everything is cool.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline THansen2413

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2017-03-03
  • Interests: Vikings, Gophers, Wild. Enjoy running in the warm months.
« Reply #201 on: November 18, 2014, 04:02:00 PM »

Quitters I've met in person : Keddy, boelker62, Big Brother Jack, baitbanjo, SirDerek, Chewie, Scowick65, theo3wood, mcarmo44, MonsterEMT, Bronc, dforbes, rocketman, Lance from SD, kdip, wastepanel, quitspit, basshaug, greenspidy, 30yrAddict, btdogboy, cmark, chrisTKE1982, Jeffro Dolfie, Clampy, carlh2o, JGlav, ReWire, Chewrouski_Philly, Sranger999, walterwhite, DWEIRICK, spit cup, FranPro, ericfluck

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #200 on: November 18, 2014, 03:57:00 PM »