Author Topic: Lenten quitter  (Read 15328 times)

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Lenten quitter
« Reply #184 on: November 18, 2014, 11:17:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: Lipizzaner
Quote from: Sapper
Do you have a call back number? I think we can probably figure out who this person was and let the admin's take over from there.
As I just discussed in May, I have to believe that whomever did this was a guy from Thumbles private life pranking him, rather than a member of this site. Somebody found out about the site and is busting his balls. That guy needs to get his ass kicked.
If it is someone from this site, they should be gone. Immediately.
Agree with Lipi. Come back Thumb. We need you here.
Don't hide from a site that saved your life because of something weird, get to the root of the problem and then decide.

You are an asset to KTC.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #183 on: November 18, 2014, 11:13:00 AM »
Do you have a call back number? I think we can probably figure out who this person was and let the admin's take over from there.
As I just discussed in May, I have to believe that whomever did this was a guy from Thumbles private life pranking him, rather than a member of this site. Somebody found out about the site and is busting his balls. That guy needs to get his ass kicked.
Agree with Lipi. Come back Thumb. We need you here.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
« Reply #182 on: November 18, 2014, 11:11:00 AM »
Twart, if you read any of this just know that there are a lot of quitters here that value your presence. You leaving the site, while understandable, would harm you and countless quitters. Don't let one douchebag's dumb ass move have that power over you.
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #181 on: November 18, 2014, 10:43:00 AM »
Agree, Lipi. Reading TWÂ’s Intro he has 2 brothers in law, one poker playing friend, a business partner and at least one client that know about KTC...Â’inside jobÂ’.
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline Lipizzaner

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #180 on: November 18, 2014, 10:37:00 AM »

Offline Sap

• Quitter
« Reply #179 on: November 18, 2014, 10:12:00 AM »
If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic? - Sam Harris

What the hell is a meatless, cheeseless pizza? Isn't that a breadstick? Doc Chewfree

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
« Reply #178 on: November 18, 2014, 10:04:00 AM »
Quote from: Done4Me
TW - You are the first guy I identified with when I first posted on May 5th. We all recall the suck. And it was just that. I was on KTC early on pretty much all my waking hours. It's what got me through the bad times. You were a big part of that. I noticed this Thumblewort guy who had quit the previous month posting in all the intros. I thought if I can make it through then first 3 days, I'll take the same approach. Support the new quitters, thank the vets for support new quits. ~220 days later you still do it with as much vim and vigor as you did back then. There's absolutely no reason for you to go. Please check your PM, I would like to talk to you about this.
Stick around, we need you and you need us. Moron that called you at work needs to be banned, you shouldnÂ’t banish yourself.
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #177 on: November 18, 2014, 07:48:00 AM »
TW - You are the first guy I identified with when I first posted on May 5th. We all recall the suck. And it was just that. I was on KTC early on pretty much all my waking hours. It's what got me through the bad times. You were a big part of that. I noticed this Thumblewort guy who had quit the previous month posting in all the intros. I thought if I can make it through then first 3 days, I'll take the same approach. Support the new quitters, thank the vets for support new quits. ~220 days later you still do it with as much vim and vigor as you did back then. There's absolutely no reason for you to go. Please check your PM, I would like to talk to you about this.

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #176 on: November 18, 2014, 12:25:00 AM »
Thumblewort, sorry to hear that that happened to you.
You have been a huge supporter of many quitters including myself. I am proud to quit with you.

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #175 on: November 17, 2014, 10:21:00 PM »
Attention Admins: I'm not sure what can be done on your end to investigate who may have breached Thumble's privacy, but I would strongly encourage any necessary steps to improve the privacy on this site in light of this situation. Granted this can happen to anyone here, but the fact that it happened to Thumble, arguably the most supportive quitter to grace these pages in the last 6 months is a HUGE loss to this site if we can't do something to remedy the situation.

I'm not a tech guy or web guru, so anyone on here at KTC that can help, please step up. Thumble means too much to this site.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
« Reply #174 on: November 17, 2014, 09:32:00 PM »
Quote from: sixercountry
No don't tone it down on the site. Don't leave either. Keep doing what you're doing. Some idiot crosses the line and you blame the entire site and leave? You have helped way too many people to just pick up and leave now. I'm sorry some asshat did that but just cut the shit with the leaving already. I'll post with tomorrow. Stay quit
Agreed. A lot of quits are going to suffer, probably yours as well. I have never heard of this happening before, so I can't imagine it is something that will continue to happen to you. You got to do what you got to do, but if it were me I'd keep posting and use this intro as a warning to the guy who crossed the line.

Offline sixercountry

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-03-03
« Reply #173 on: November 17, 2014, 09:28:00 PM »
No don't tone it down on the site. Don't leave either. Keep doing what you're doing. Some idiot crosses the line and you blame the entire site and leave? You have helped way too many people to just pick up and leave now. I'm sorry some asshat did that but just cut the shit with the leaving already. I'll post with tomorrow. Stay quit

Offline canless2014

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-30
« Reply #172 on: November 17, 2014, 09:05:00 PM »
Thumblewort, I don't know how to respond to this one man. I think we'd all agree that's a hell of a breach of privacy. I'd be furious.

But I'd urge you to give it some thought man. Sleep on it. Maybe tone down your presence on the site and just post roll. Some idiot didn't know not to cross a line. Are you gonna put your life — yes, LITERALLY YOUR LIFE, at risk — over that?

You quit in April, right? So you're just past 200 days quit? You and I both know that's nothing in the grand scheme of things. Stick with what you know works, brother. Sleep on this decision.
"Post roll. Post more if you want to. That's the beauty of the place: We ask you post roll. We ask you to be honest. That's all. No more. No less. Be there for your brothers and ask for help when you need it." - Wastepanel 10/6/14

"What would you do to save your own life? If you were fighting cancer today would you suffer through Chemo, surgeries, try new a therapy? change your diet, go to church? What intolerable hell would you endure to simply live. When you have thought long and hard about that, think on this. Why not apply that attitude to your quit. Suffer through the temporary discomfort of withdrawal to achieve your freedom from a slow painful demise via nicotine. Your in the ring already- fight like you mean it." - Skoal Monster 10/8/14

Quit Date: 6/30/2014 at 4:30 PM

HOF Date: 10/07/2014

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #171 on: November 17, 2014, 08:44:00 PM »
Hello all, I am out of the KTC. I received a phone call at work today asking for "Thumblewort" of the "KTC". This is a breach of my privacy, so whomever did this is way out of bounds. While I haven't exactly kept my privacy under wraps, contacting me at my place of business is beyond creepy. Thank you all for supporting me with my quit, but whomever this was went too far.

Those of you with my digits please continue to text me, I value your friendship and support, but i CANNOT overlook this invasion of privacy.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #170 on: November 05, 2014, 10:04:00 AM »
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: Done4Me
Quote from: schaef418
Just read your intro. Awesome shit. Quit with you thumble!
Thumble is always awesome although I liked him better when he ended his posts with I quit with you instead of a link to some weird internet badness.
T-Wort is the Man! He quit for Lent and just kept on going!
My Lenten quit was a planned cave, and it took several BAQ's here to ram that through my head. Thank God there are men and women here bad ass enough to hand hold a pussy like me to see the light.

I quit with you all EDD, especially Done4Me, because he likes it when I post links that make his putter stutter.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.