Author Topic: Intro  (Read 4530 times)

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Intro
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2013, 09:53:00 AM »
Quote from: gettinbreezy
Great moment yesterday at my sons baseball game...To pre-emept the story ,my assistant coach chews. So we are losing 15-1 in the second inning and it just isnt looking good. We rally a bit and we end up being down 20-12 in the bottom of the sixth. Our last chance. We get it to 20-16, two outs bases loaded. We rally to tie it up, just an insane 15 minutes of 7 year old baseball. During all the commotion my assistant coach looks at me and says "You picked a terrible time to quit chewing" (as he was running back from his truck after grabbing his tin). I looked him right in the eye and said, "There has never been a better time to quit chewin. I am actually enjoying this instead of worrying about gettin another pinch from my tin that is in my truck....." His response....."Well played"
Wow! That is awesome! Well played indeed, couldn't come up with a better response than that in a million years.

Offline gettinbreezy

• Quitter
  • Interests: Football, Baseball, fishing, camping...and most importantly my 3 children and my lovely wife
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2013, 09:47:00 AM »
Great moment yesterday at my sons baseball game...To pre-emept the story ,my assistant coach chews. So we are losing 15-1 in the second inning and it just isnt looking good. We rally a bit and we end up being down 20-12 in the bottom of the sixth. Our last chance. We get it to 20-16, two outs bases loaded. We rally to tie it up, just an insane 15 minutes of 7 year old baseball. During all the commotion my assistant coach looks at me and says "You picked a terrible time to quit chewing" (as he was running back from his truck after grabbing his tin). I looked him right in the eye and said, "There has never been a better time to quit chewin. I am actually enjoying this instead of worrying about gettin another pinch from my tin that is in my truck....." His response....."Well played"

Offline JRizzle

• Quitter
  • Interests: Love cattle, economics, working out, meeting new people and experiencing new things
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2013, 11:07:00 AM »
Had my first softball game since my quit, which is a huge trigger for me as EVERYONE on the team chews. I had a dip of my smokey mountain and was good to go.
You're a bad-ass mofo quitter Breezy. Proud to be in your quit group.

Also, I can relate to this post:

"So I am noticing that the craves are getting further apart but they are getting ALOT stronger. Nothing I cant handle but has anyone else experienced this as the quit went on? The sleeping is much better, I only wake up maybe once a night."

Let's keep talking it out with each other. That will strengthen our quits, and knowing what other folks are going through can help us realize that we're not alone. I quit with you today
We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.

Has tobacco been so kind to you that you should leave it with regret? There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.

Come join us. Come be quit with us. Rather than slowly commit suicide, slowly regain your health. It might hurt at first, but it won't kill you. And once the birthing process is done you'll find yourself a free man. With friends. And health. And wealth. Come drink at the fountain of quit.

Offline gettinbreezy

• Quitter
  • Interests: Football, Baseball, fishing, camping...and most importantly my 3 children and my lovely wife
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2013, 08:13:00 AM »
Had my first softball game since my quit, which is a huge trigger for me as EVERYONE on the team chews. I had a dip of my smokey mountain and was good to go.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2013, 09:46:00 AM »
Quote from: jayd41
So I am noticing that the craves are getting further apart but they are getting  ALOT stronger. Nothing I cant handle but has anyone else experienced this as the quit went on? The sleeping is much better, I only wake up maybe once a night now instead of non-stop. there is my update for the day.
yes! You are a normal quitter...how bout that!? Craves come in all shapes and sizes, some worse than others...at day 43 my craves have almost completely subsided except for some form of a trigger that i haven't met face to face yet while quit...like last week was awful...fighting with the wife (we never fight) and i was about ready to pull my face off...but got through it...quit on son
The only thing new with that is it was wrote on june 19, at 0659 hours. I don't think anything was wrote like that today. Quit on my friend.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2013, 09:28:00 AM »
So I am noticing that the craves are getting further apart but they are getting ALOT stronger. Nothing I cant handle but has anyone else experienced this as the quit went on? The sleeping is much better, I only wake up maybe once a night now instead of non-stop. there is my update for the day.
yes! You are a normal quitter...how bout that!? Craves come in all shapes and sizes, some worse than others...at day 43 my craves have almost completely subsided except for some form of a trigger that i haven't met face to face yet while quit...like last week was awful...fighting with the wife (we never fight) and i was about ready to pull my face off...but got through it...quit on son
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline gettinbreezy

• Quitter
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2013, 08:59:00 AM »
So I am noticing that the craves are getting further apart but they are getting ALOT stronger. Nothing I cant handle but has anyone else experienced this as the quit went on? The sleeping is much better, I only wake up maybe once a night now instead of non-stop. there is my update for the day.

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2013, 12:46:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
Quote from: Eric71
One of the best feelings that I have had so far with this quit  is:
My 7 year old son was on the phone with my oldest 13 year old son (who lives out of state with his mom) and the first words out of his mouth when he took the phone were "Dad quit the yucky stuff" and as he said it he looked at me and winked. I am not the crying kind but that hit me hard.

When I got on the phone with my eldest son he said "Iam proud of you Dad. you have been saying it for as long as I can remember and you finally did it." Again, hit me pretty hard.

After those two things my lovely wife looked at me out of no where and said "I am very proud of you....just so you know that"

You see I was never a ninja dipper. I was always straight forward with my wife and kids. As a matter of fact when I first started dating my wife I said:
"I have three things that I need you to except and if you cant we should just stop this right now.
1. I watch football on Sundays. No family get togethers unless there is a tv. (her whole family is the same way so it worked out okay)
2. I drink beer with my friends on Fridays.
3. I chew tobacco and dont ever asked me to quit."

She never did ask me to quit but I wish she had. There were a few times ,years back, when we were having money issues and she never asked my to quit. It was actually in the budget. Shameful.

I am married to a saint and it rips me apart when I look back and all of the SHIT that this addiction has done.

Just wanted to post that since it was on my mind. Thanks for reading. Stay quit brothers.
This quit will allow you to evolve as so many of us have. We all have things we regret, time lost, etc. This is not minimizing, it is making you aware of all you have in front of you to go out and accomplish, rectify, atone for, and strive to be. The best part of the quit, and I believe I speak for everyone here, is that you grow so much as a person. You live every day to its fullest, you have a new perspective and cannot wait to show those you love how much their support still means to you.

Now is the time to embrace and give back my friend, do it passionately!
Eric hit the nail on the head with his post. Quitting one of the most addictive drugs known to man is an eye opener. Suddenly a lot of things open up for you.

Also, you quitting is giving your sons such a better chance of not taking up such an awful addiction later on. Now when you tell them of this addiction they will respect your words of wisdom a lot more. You are not just telling them the facts, you are demonstrating that you believe what you are saying. Give yourself a pat on the back,, you have just improved their chances.

I don't know about you, but I was born into a life of nicotine. My parents, smoked, and didn't mind when i got older that i dipped. This is so sad to me now. I've got one word of advice for any parent. STOP THE CYCLE! Promoting this addiction to your children is WRONG AT THE HIGHEST DEGREE!!! I'm getting myself riled up, I have to calm down, i'm on vacation this week. Bottom line, good job, DAD!! I quit with you today.
The best stuff gettinbreezy.
What it is all about brother.
Getting your life, wife and kids back.
Welcome to the 'real' world quitter.
Keep kickin' nic in the teeth every a.m. and your days will stack up quicker than you ever thought possible.
Quit on Sir!! 'bang head'
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2013, 08:14:00 AM »
Quote from: Eric71
One of the best feelings that I have had so far with this quit  is:
My 7 year old son was on the phone with my oldest 13 year old son (who lives out of state with his mom) and the first words out of his mouth when he took the phone were "Dad quit the yucky stuff" and as he said it he looked at me and winked. I am not the crying kind but that hit me hard.

When I got on the phone with my eldest son he said "Iam proud of you Dad. you have been saying it for as long as I can remember and you finally did it." Again, hit me pretty hard.

After those two things my lovely wife looked at me out of no where and said "I am very proud of you....just so you know that"

You see I was never a ninja dipper. I was always straight forward with my wife and kids. As a matter of fact when I first started dating my wife I said:
"I have three things that I need you to except and if you cant we should just stop this right now.
1. I watch football on Sundays. No family get togethers unless there is a tv. (her whole family is the same way so it worked out okay)

She never did ask me to quit but I wish she had. There were a few times ,years back, when we were having money issues and she never asked my to quit. It was actually in the budget. Shameful.

I am married to a saint and it rips me apart when I look back and all of the SHIT that this addiction has done.

Just wanted to post that since it was on my mind. Thanks for reading. Stay quit brothers.
This quit will allow you to evolve as so many of us have. We all have things we regret, time lost, etc. This is not minimizing, it is making you aware of all you have in front of you to go out and accomplish, rectify, atone for, and strive to be. The best part of the quit, and I believe I speak for everyone here, is that you grow so much as a person. You live every day to its fullest, you have a new perspective and cannot wait to show those you love how much their support still means to you.

Eric hit the nail on the head with his post. Quitting one of the most addictive drugs known to man is an eye opener. Suddenly a lot of things open up for you.

Also, you quitting is giving your sons such a better chance of not taking up such an awful addiction later on. Now when you tell them of this addiction they will respect your words of wisdom a lot more. You are not just telling them the facts, you are demonstrating that you believe what you are saying. Give yourself a pat on the back,, you have just improved their chances.

I don't know about you, but I was born into a life of nicotine. My parents, smoked, and didn't mind when i got older that i dipped. This is so sad to me now. I've got one word of advice for any parent. STOP THE CYCLE! Promoting this addiction to your children is WRONG AT THE HIGHEST DEGREE!!! I'm getting myself riled up, I have to calm down, i'm on vacation this week. Bottom line, good job, DAD!! I quit with you today.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2013, 06:58:00 AM »
One of the best feelings that I have had so far with this quit is:

Offline gettinbreezy

• Quitter
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2013, 03:57:00 PM »
One of the best feelings that I have had so far with this quit is:

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2013, 09:15:00 AM »
So with a week in the books there are a few things I have concluded:
1.) The folks on this site KNOW what they are talking about so take heed to what they are telling you.
2.) It is called the suck for a reason. It sucks.
3.) Just when you think you are out of the woods because "I made it past day 3", that crave will sucker punch you from behind. Keep your guard up. In the past I have made it through day 3 and though I was in the clear. Then that crave came on day 5 and I would give in becasue "I've made it this far before I can do it again after this dip"... GET THAT SHIT OUT OF YOUR HEAD!!
4.) It is called the suck for a reason. It's sucks.
5.)You can overcome ANY trigger that is thrown at you. My brother and I began chewing around the same time ~20 years ago. There is never a time that we are together at a family thing that we dont wander off, have a dip and shoot the shit with a couple of beers after the big meal. Yesterday we did the same thing we always do minus me having that after meal dip with him. Guess what...the conversation was the same and the beer tasted a little better.
6.) Chewing takes a toll on most of your senses. Kind of amazed what I can smell and taste after a week off the poison
7.) Did I mention that it is called the suck for a reason..................
You are correct breez, everything is better. You are beginning to uncover all the lies of the poison. The poison has hijacked your senses, emotions, health and integrity. You are now taking all that back. As the days pass you will uncover the truths one by one. After time you will kick yourself dead in the but for being an idiot for umpteen years.

Stay vigilant brother. Keep your quit closer than a brother. The poison is far from finished with you. It does not like the fact that you are not giving it money everyday. It likes controlling you and it wants you back. One day at a time brother, it gets better my friend. I quit with you today.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

Offline gettinbreezy

• Quitter
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2013, 08:39:00 AM »
So with a week in the books there are a few things I have concluded:
1.) The folks on this site KNOW what they are talking about so take heed to what they are telling you.
2.) It is called the suck for a reason. It sucks.
3.) Just when you think you are out of the woods because "I made it past day 3", that crave will sucker punch you from behind. Keep your guard up. In the past I have made it through day 3 and though I was in the clear. Then that crave came on day 5 and I would give in becasue "I've made it this far before I can do it again after this dip"... GET THAT SHIT OUT OF YOUR HEAD!!
4.) It is called the suck for a reason. It's sucks.
5.)You can overcome ANY trigger that is thrown at you. My brother and I began chewing around the same time ~20 years ago. There is never a time that we are together at a family thing that we dont wander off, have a dip and shoot the shit with a couple of beers after the big meal. Yesterday we did the same thing we always do minus me having that after meal dip with him. Guess what...the conversation was the same and the beer tasted a little better.
6.) Chewing takes a toll on most of your senses. Kind of amazed what I can smell and taste after a week off the poison
7.) Did I mention that it is called the suck for a reason..................

Offline Jayhawk

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2013, 04:22:00 PM »
Not too shabby today. A little urge after lunch but went away rather quickly. Trouble sleeping again last night...same shit...woke up and couldnt breath. Not sure if it is REAL bad anxiety or something more. It is REAL bad when I lay down to sleep so I am leaning towards anxiety. I will give it a little mnore time before I hit the panic button (consciously atleast).
Hey bro - I went through the same thing. In fact, I am 31 days quit and I still wake up (all of the sudden and for no reason) at 2 am and 4 am - every fucking night!

It's weird!!!!! That is what a lot of these guys refer to when they talk about the fog. At least it was for me - walking around dizzy and not really able to focus - not feeling "present" in the moment.

This my friend, is the SUCK.
The fog is just one long kick in the balls.

Quit 5/15/13
HOF 8/22/13

Offline JRizzle

• Quitter
  • Interests: Love cattle, economics, working out, meeting new people and experiencing new things
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2013, 11:59:00 AM »
Passed the day 5, Friday night, Bud light test. Pretty interesting too as I didnt really know that beer had a taste.Just thought it tasted like the Skoal. Made it through a few beers with having some of the smokey mountain so it looks as if the fake is going to be a huge factor when I am putting a few back. Each day is gettin easier boys. Alright I am going to powerwash my grill and then coach a baseball game.
Get 'er done Breezy!! Man it's such an honor to be able to quit with guys (and girls) like you. Authentic men and women who put the crap to bed and go out getting stuff done. Like coaching baseball. And feeding cattle. And parenting children. Seriously I don't think economists have factored in the amount of accomplishment members from this site can get done in their dire forecasts.

So today I choose to quit with you
We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.

Has tobacco been so kind to you that you should leave it with regret? There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.

Come join us. Come be quit with us. Rather than slowly commit suicide, slowly regain your health. It might hurt at first, but it won't kill you. And once the birthing process is done you'll find yourself a free man. With friends. And health. And wealth. Come drink at the fountain of quit.