Author Topic: lonely road ahead  (Read 31619 times)

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: lonely road ahead
« Reply #234 on: August 05, 2016, 10:35:00 PM »
Quote from: Stranger999
Quote from: JGlav
Quote from: Nomore1959
Happy Birthday Pab! 'boob' 'party2'
Happy Birthday you BAQ. THanks for the support and holding me accountable through over 300 days of freedom
I sent the birthday wishes via text but I want to wish you a happy one here on your thread as well my friend. You help my quit EDD and I really appreciate you being here. :)
Old fart...... Hope you had a Great day Brother.
I believe.....

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 248
« Reply #233 on: August 05, 2016, 08:44:00 PM »
Happy Birthday you BAQ. THanks for the support and holding me accountable through over 300 days of freedom
I sent the birthday wishes via text but I want to wish you a happy one here on your thread as well my friend. You help my quit EDD and I really appreciate you being here. :)

Offline JGlav

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quit Date: 9/05/15
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #232 on: August 05, 2016, 07:34:00 AM »

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #231 on: August 05, 2016, 05:52:00 AM »

Offline ChristopherJ

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Sept 17, 2014
  • Interests: Travel, music, sports, art,
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #230 on: July 19, 2016, 02:02:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Pab shot these words of wisdom to a group of us in a text this morning... they deserve a place in this intro, which is far from a lonely road...

My addict life, pretty much everything I've done my whole life, has almost been in addictive ways. I go all out in everything I do. I'm smarter now. I know to be cautious and back off when getting too carried away. I owe it all to my quit; this place has taught me so much more than just quitting dip; mostly copying with life! Had to write this, cause I've been thinking a lot about it.

BOOM!
That is kick ass and couldn't agree more.
Hell yeah Pab
Don't be afraid.  You are not alone.

Offline JGlav

• Master of Quit
« Reply #229 on: July 19, 2016, 09:56:00 AM »
Quote from: worktowin
Pab shot these words of wisdom to a group of us in a text this morning... they deserve a place in this intro, which is far from a lonely road...

My addict life, pretty much everything I've done my whole life, has almost been in addictive ways. I go all out in everything I do. I'm smarter now. I know to be cautious and back off when getting too carried away. I owe it all to my quit; this place has taught me so much more than just quitting dip; mostly copying with life! Had to write this, cause I've been thinking a lot about it.

BOOM!
That is kick ass and couldn't agree more.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #228 on: July 18, 2016, 10:07:00 AM »

BOOM!

Offline JGlav

• Master of Quit
« Reply #227 on: May 16, 2016, 08:44:00 AM »
Never too late for a congrats. Well done. Thanks for all your support.

Offline dipbegone

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, Turf, Baseball Coach, all things with the kids, time on the boat wetting a line
« Reply #226 on: May 11, 2016, 09:29:00 PM »
Pab, you are a huge part of my and many other's quit. I look up to you and try to follow the lead. I'm 300 days fresher than you but plan to keep that distance the same. Congrats on 500, 500+1 and on. See ya on roll and groupme manana!!

Offline KennyZ

• February 2015
  • Master of Quit
  • February 2015
  • Quit Date: 11/11/2014
  • Likes Given: 346
« Reply #225 on: May 11, 2016, 08:50:00 PM »
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: Rawls
Quote from: ChickDip
Quote from: pab1964
Wow.... Just..... Wow! Thanks! 500 days later and I can promise you, if it were not for all of you that have supported me I never would have made it. I'm an addict, I always will be, I've learned to except that. There's no magic number! There's no cure, I'm weak without ktc family. With them I will continue to defeat this awful addiction that has taken way to much of my life away. How can anyone say there stopping after they reach a 100 days. Damn I still battle this shit nearly everyday! I think some chest pumpers are to full of themselves to admit they can't make it alone. I'm not saying everyone that stops posting will fail but I'm willing to bet that the majority will! I've battle this demon with help. I could have never made it alone. I will continue posting until I'm cured. A special shout out to chewie and all the badasses that invented KTC! My life has done a complete 180! Yes I've finally, after 38 years have started to figure out what normal is. It took me forever to even like myself. I don't hide behind a can no more, I'm the man that I've always wanted to be and damn proud of it. I'm really writing my hof that I've never wrote. There's a numerous amount of men and women on here that I truly respect and would drive to your house tomorrow. I've watched several guy's struggle with different things. Some survived because they ask for help and they wanted to. Others failed because they were to proud to ask for help or they knew all the answers and some just gave up. If one thing I've learned in my 52 years here on God's beautiful earth is, To be thankful everyday for what I have and not grip about what I don't. I've truly grown to love ( that's right love not in a ghey way GA and DD) alot of my KTC family because I feel like I know them and have only met a couple but we talk more than I do with my real family. I could continue writing a whole bunch more because I'm so humbled and honored to be a part of KTC! As for my brothers Teray, kdip and trauma you guys are on mind everyday and prayers are sent constantly, some of the strongest men I know and not once have I ever heard you complain. Damn.....just...... Damn! Thanks again, I will see you all on roll tomorrow unless, I'm called home! Quit on!
Congratulations on 500 days my friend. You are a BAQ and an inspiration here. I'm proud to quit with you EDD. Roll tide roll - unless they are playing Penn State... ;)
You are amazing, I cherish the day you decided to help me, humbled, thankful, Blessed. Thanks again.
Well done on 501 Old Man!
Appreciate you friend.
a day late, but...

'party' 'dance' 'party2' 'chew2' 'party2' 'dance' '3boobs' 'jj' 'party'

Congrats i think you're really close to an "old fart" of quit now- keep it up, keep helping others beat back this nasty addiction!
You're my horse even if you don't win a race! Rock on!

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #224 on: May 11, 2016, 10:21:00 AM »
Quote from: Rawls
Wow.... Just..... Wow! Thanks! 500 days later and I can promise you, if it were not for all of you that have supported me I never would have made it. I'm an addict, I always will be, I've learned to except that. There's no magic number! There's no cure, I'm weak without ktc family. With them I will continue to defeat this awful addiction that has taken way to much of my life away. How can anyone say there stopping after they reach a 100 days. Damn I still battle this shit nearly everyday! I think some chest pumpers are to full of themselves to admit they can't make it alone. I'm not saying everyone that stops posting will fail but I'm willing to bet that the majority will! I've battle this demon with help. I could have never made it alone. I will continue posting until I'm cured. A special shout out to chewie and all the badasses that invented KTC! My life has done a complete 180! Yes I've finally, after 38 years have started to figure out what normal is. It took me forever to even like myself. I don't hide behind a can no more, I'm the man that I've always wanted to be and damn proud of it. I'm really writing my hof that I've never wrote. There's a numerous amount of men and women on here that I truly respect and would drive to your house tomorrow. I've watched several guy's struggle with different things. Some survived because they ask for help and they wanted to. Others failed because they were to proud to ask for help or they knew all the answers and some just gave up. If one thing I've learned in my 52 years here on God's beautiful earth is, To be thankful everyday for what I have and not grip about what I don't. I've truly grown to love ( that's right love not in a ghey way GA and DD) alot of my KTC family because I feel like I know them and have only met a couple but we talk more than I do with my real family. I could continue writing a whole bunch more because I'm so humbled and honored to be a part of KTC! As for my brothers Teray, kdip and trauma you guys are on mind everyday and prayers are sent constantly, some of the strongest men I know and not once have I ever heard you complain. Damn.....just...... Damn! Thanks again, I will see you all on roll tomorrow unless, I'm called home! Quit on!
Congratulations on 500 days my friend. You are a BAQ and an inspiration here. I'm proud to quit with you EDD. Roll tide roll - unless they are playing Penn State... ;)
You are amazing, I cherish the day you decided to help me, humbled, thankful, Blessed. Thanks again.
Appreciate you friend.
a day late, but...

'party' 'dance' 'party2' 'chew2' 'party2' 'dance' '3boobs' 'jj' 'party'

Congrats i think you're really close to an "old fart" of quit now- keep it up, keep helping others beat back this nasty addiction!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #223 on: May 11, 2016, 08:10:00 AM »
Appreciate you friend.
I believe.....

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2097
« Reply #222 on: May 11, 2016, 01:23:00 AM »
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 248
« Reply #221 on: May 11, 2016, 01:07:00 AM »

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #220 on: May 10, 2016, 10:55:00 PM »
Poof
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD