Author Topic: lonely road ahead  (Read 31614 times)

Offline Drewdrew

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 2017-07-23
  • Interests: Yes, ma'am. I've killed Doyle Hargraves with a lawnmower blade. Yes, ma'am, I'm right sure of it. I hit him two good whacks in the head with it. That second one just plum near cut his head in two... It's a lil' ol' white house on the corner of Vine Street and some other street.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: lonely road ahead
« Reply #144 on: August 31, 2015, 04:56:00 PM »
Quote from: Grievous
Glad I got Pab in my month and in my corner.

He gets it.

And I don't know anyone who cares more about new quitters. Nor do I know anyone who works harder in the intros.
That's what she said^
Quit: 7-23-17 at 8:30am.....after a cave

Offline Grievous Angel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Jan 5, 2015
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #143 on: August 29, 2015, 03:18:00 AM »
Glad I got Pab in my month and in my corner.

He gets it.

And I don't know anyone who cares more about new quitters. Nor do I know anyone who works harder in the intros.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #142 on: August 27, 2015, 10:11:00 PM »
D#n.... Just D#n Good Stuff!
................... 'dance' ...................
I believe.....

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #141 on: August 26, 2015, 08:08:00 PM »
Quote from: corbin
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Quote from: pab1964
240 days later I still get excited to see someone supporting me. I'm not where I want to be in my quit yet but it's damn sure getting easier. As I go around the site reading where guy's are upset with the mods and whatever on here, you need to remember why you are here! You're an addict just like me. Sure I was pissed when certain people got banned and started to leave but I thought you know the mods are humans just like me would I make decisions that 24,000 people will agree with? See what I'm trying to say is we will not agree with everything but it's got me 240 day's of freedom and I will support ktc for what it stands for! We all get butthurt from time to time, at work, home ,wherever but we don't quit! Damn glad to be quit here but my Dad taught me never give up on the things that you believe in and I believe whole heartedly in this site! Remember I guarantee you there's someone out there that needs your help with this daily struggle and if you walk away they may not ever quit! Quit on my brother's and sisters and thank you all for the support! Also remember what you were taught from the beginning take what you need and leave the rest!
Pab, you get it. You've always gotten it and I appreciate your perspective on the political picture that sometimes erupts here. Here's my take.

I'm passionate about quitting. There is no one more passionate than I. I'm not saying I'm the most passionate, but I'm as passionate as anybody here. Through my first year, I went through phases of "passion" one could say. I started off vocal, called out those I thought were pussies or disagreed with. I even called a few people out, some of which became my closest quit brothers. Then things shifted when the drama became like groundhog day to me. Same deal every time. Vocal quitter calls out pussiness (i.e. caving, cave coddling, poor roll activity, general douchebaggery, etc), gets in internet talking war, mods/admins get involved, concerns over other quitting sites ensue, then bannings follow. Whoopee F-ing do. This, bores me and it has nothing to do with the act of quitting. The act of quitting involves posting your promise, fostering accountability, and building your brotherhood. You do this for yourself and don't concern yourself with what the next guy/gal is doing. Sure, quitting addiction is an emotional and physical undertaking. It takes balls and fortitude. So, I get it when people get caught up in the drama...for a time, I did too. But it's stupid none-the-less. Post roll and quit nicotine. That's how you do it. Post where you want and with who you want. Banned or not it doesn't matter. Just quit nicotine.
Wow!! A couple of great post that should be on ALL roll post for the first six months. A great reminder to why we are here. Steak and Pab, proud to quit with both of you.
VERY good reminders folks. Quit with you all today.

Offline Corbin

• Quitter
« Reply #140 on: August 26, 2015, 02:27:00 PM »
240 days later I still get excited to see someone supporting me. I'm not where I want to be in my quit yet but it's damn sure getting easier. As I go around the site reading where guy's are upset with the mods and whatever on here, you need to remember why you are here! You're an addict just like me. Sure I was pissed when certain people got banned and started to leave but I thought you know the mods are humans just like me would I make decisions that 24,000 people will agree with? See what I'm trying to say is we will not agree with everything but it's got me 240 day's of freedom and I will support ktc for what it stands for! We all get butthurt from time to time, at work, home ,wherever but we don't quit! Damn glad to be quit here but my Dad taught me never give up on the things that you believe in and I believe whole heartedly in this site! Remember I guarantee you there's someone out there that needs your help with this daily struggle and if you walk away they may not ever quit! Quit on my brother's and sisters and thank you all for the support! Also remember what you were taught from the beginning take what you need and leave the rest!
Pab, you get it. You've always gotten it and I appreciate your perspective on the political picture that sometimes erupts here. Here's my take.

I'm passionate about quitting. There is no one more passionate than I. I'm not saying I'm the most passionate, but I'm as passionate as anybody here. Through my first year, I went through phases of "passion" one could say. I started off vocal, called out those I thought were pussies or disagreed with. I even called a few people out, some of which became my closest quit brothers. Then things shifted when the drama became like groundhog day to me. Same deal every time. Vocal quitter calls out pussiness (i.e. caving, cave coddling, poor roll activity, general douchebaggery, etc), gets in internet talking war, mods/admins get involved, concerns over other quitting sites ensue, then bannings follow. Whoopee F-ing do. This, bores me and it has nothing to do with the act of quitting. The act of quitting involves posting your promise, fostering accountability, and building your brotherhood. You do this for yourself and don't concern yourself with what the next guy/gal is doing. Sure, quitting addiction is an emotional and physical undertaking. It takes balls and fortitude. So, I get it when people get caught up in the drama...for a time, I did too. But it's stupid none-the-less. Post roll and quit nicotine. That's how you do it. Post where you want and with who you want. Banned or not it doesn't matter. Just quit nicotine.
Wow!! A couple of great post that should be on ALL roll post for the first six months. A great reminder to why we are here. Steak and Pab, proud to quit with both of you.

Offline Candoit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • The Candy Man
  • Quit Date: Today
  • Likes Given: 121
« Reply #139 on: August 24, 2015, 01:41:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad

I will quit with you two anyday! But especially today! Well said, both of you!
I quit with you edd Pab. Keep the support coming and tracking the days via the abacus of quit. Here's to moving the next bead over!
There are no circumstances in which using nicotine will improve the outcome.

My journey. The best part it is not over yet.

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #138 on: August 24, 2015, 11:26:00 AM »

I will quit with you two anyday! But especially today! Well said, both of you!

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #137 on: August 24, 2015, 11:21:00 AM »

Certified Grade A Badass

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #136 on: August 24, 2015, 08:21:00 AM »
More greatness ahead brother. You da man. Very very well said.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #135 on: August 24, 2015, 06:33:00 AM »
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #134 on: August 06, 2015, 12:53:00 PM »
Thank you all , that was awesome!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2097
« Reply #133 on: August 05, 2015, 05:43:00 PM »
Quote from: Smeds
Quote from: ChristopherJ
Happy Birthday Pab! Aug 5 is a great day to be born!
Happy 51st Brother. Quit with you yet another fine day. You have referred to your freedom often as you spread your pixie quit dust on the numerous people you support on this site, and I have to admit I truly felt that Freedom last week while on vacation with the Fam. We were at the amusement / water park for a few days, and the water park was always a challenge because I had to have the can with me. Trying not to lose it when you hit the water at the bottom, trying to keep it dry, having to have a chew standing in line, where to spit, carrying a spit cup, or not bringing it and getting stuck in line without one, making sure one of the kiddos didn't pick it up and try to drink it, or spill it. How ridiculous. To top it off, they had a smoking area which was a small secluded area surrounded by a six foot wooden fence at lease fifty yards away from the public. It looked more like a cage to me, people having to leave their families, walk half way across the park to feed there addition, a true slave.

Never Again....And you are right, the Freedom is indescribable.
Happy Burpday Pab! Old guys rule ... I've been seasoned about 8 more months than you!
Happy Birthday Pab!! Proud to be quit with you! Your never ending compassion to help others in their quit is commendable. Quit on!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #132 on: August 05, 2015, 02:26:00 PM »
Happy 51st Brother. Quit with you yet another fine day. You have referred to your freedom often as you spread your pixie quit dust on the numerous people you support on this site, and I have to admit I truly felt that Freedom last week while on vacation with the Fam. We were at the amusement / water park for a few days, and the water park was always a challenge because I had to have the can with me. Trying not to lose it when you hit the water at the bottom, trying to keep it dry, having to have a chew standing in line, where to spit, carrying a spit cup, or not bringing it and getting stuck in line without one, making sure one of the kiddos didn't pick it up and try to drink it, or spill it. How ridiculous. To top it off, they had a smoking area which was a small secluded area surrounded by a six foot wooden fence at lease fifty yards away from the public. It looked more like a cage to me, people having to leave their families, walk half way across the park to feed there addition, a true slave.

Happy Burpday Pab! Old guys rule ... I've been seasoned about 8 more months than you!
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline Corbin

• Quitter
« Reply #131 on: August 05, 2015, 12:18:00 PM »

Offline ChristopherJ

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Sept 17, 2014
  • Interests: Travel, music, sports, art,
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2015, 05:58:00 AM »
Don't be afraid.  You are not alone.