Author Topic: Quit or Die  (Read 13543 times)

Offline rothstein57

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quit or Die
« Reply #236 on: March 14, 2014, 02:24:00 AM »
Quote from: jbradley
Quote from: jost2brown
Quote from: sh4string
Quote from: Zam
Quote from: jake
Quote from: Evil_Won
Ignore this - Move along. Just documenting my insanity to save the psychiatrists and Pope time and effort later.

To whome ever bitches about posting roll everyday:

You're right! Logging into KTC everyday (about 25 times a day) and posting roll every day DOES make me think about dip, a lot. There is a fork in my path every day and I must choose one direction.

The Right Hand Path: I can stop coming to KTC, and stop posting roll every day, or disappear for 63 days and then drop in to make an appearance. I may think about dip less. Thinking less about dip may make me feel better mentally, as I will not dwell on my past life as a nicotine addict and all the time, money, and health that I have wasted. I can forget that all of that ever existed. This path is a circle and never ending.  It is well maintained with the greenest grass perfectly edged along the way. There are flowers, trees, bunnies, chipmunks, rainbows, it rains glitter and unicorns frolic under a cloudless blue sky. If I stumble no one will notice. Utopia.

Or

The Left Hand Path: I can chose to come here every day and post roll every day. I will constantly be reminded of dip. Some days a dip will sound really appealing. Some days I will read about a caver and wonder what that dip was like. Did he get a buzz? How did it taste? Would I enjoy it again? Jealousy. I will think about dip constantly and how I have likely shortened my life, wasted thousands of dollars, and stole time from my wife and kids. These thoughts will haunt me during the day and wake me up at night.  The left hand path is cracked and worn, littered and overgrown with weeds. Instead of flowers there is rage, resentment, and fear of the future. Instead of unicorns I am surrounded my like-minded people who also choose this path. Overhead is a changing sky. Some days it is blue others cloudy or just black. I am constantly reminded that I am an addict and “just one” is a lie. However, if I even start to stumble, by not posting roll, someone will notice and make sure that I don’t fall. This path is short and is walked from start to end in one day, and one day only. At the end of the path it will be tomorrow, and again I will face a fork. I know which path I will choose: The Left Hand Path.
'clap'

The path you have chosen each day is a hard one but then you get the most rewards. Never forget! It's not a cliche. It's real. We'll said.
I still think about dip often. Hell, in a way I come here specifically to think about dip (and maybe help others think about it). Ironically, though, the more I come here the less I actually think about dipping.

Nice read, Evil. Just to be clear, I am not disputing the insanity thing.
Well said!!
You fucking rock. Thanks for waking the path with us.

If posting roll is to difficult, they can always fuck off.
The best things in life are not easy. Freedom is not free. The path we are on is the hard path but so much more rewarding than anything I can imagine.

Proud to quit with you!
Kick ass Evil. Thanks for all the support.
Freedom isn't Free

Offline jbradley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #235 on: March 14, 2014, 02:16:00 AM »
Quote from: jost2brown
Ignore this - Move along. Just documenting my insanity to save the psychiatrists and Pope time and effort later.

You're right! Logging into KTC everyday (about 25 times a day) and posting roll every day DOES make me think about dip, a lot. There is a fork in my path every day and I must choose one direction.

The Right Hand Path: I can stop coming to KTC, and stop posting roll every day, or disappear for 63 days and then drop in to make an appearance. I may think about dip less. Thinking less about dip may make me feel better mentally, as I will not dwell on my past life as a nicotine addict and all the time, money, and health that I have wasted. I can forget that all of that ever existed. This path is a circle and never ending.  It is well maintained with the greenest grass perfectly edged along the way. There are flowers, trees, bunnies, chipmunks, rainbows, it rains glitter and unicorns frolic under a cloudless blue sky. If I stumble no one will notice. Utopia.

Or

The Left Hand Path: I can chose to come here every day and post roll every day. I will constantly be reminded of dip. Some days a dip will sound really appealing. Some days I will read about a caver and wonder what that dip was like. Did he get a buzz? How did it taste? Would I enjoy it again? Jealousy. I will think about dip constantly and how I have likely shortened my life, wasted thousands of dollars, and stole time from my wife and kids. These thoughts will haunt me during the day and wake me up at night.  The left hand path is cracked and worn, littered and overgrown with weeds. Instead of flowers there is rage, resentment, and fear of the future. Instead of unicorns I am surrounded my like-minded people who also choose this path. Overhead is a changing sky. Some days it is blue others cloudy or just black. I am constantly reminded that I am an addict and “just one” is a lie. However, if I even start to stumble, by not posting roll, someone will notice and make sure that I don’t fall. This path is short and is walked from start to end in one day, and one day only. At the end of the path it will be tomorrow, and again I will face a fork. I know which path I will choose: The Left Hand Path.
'clap'

The path you have chosen each day is a hard one but then you get the most rewards. Never forget! It's not a cliche. It's real. We'll said.
I still think about dip often. Hell, in a way I come here specifically to think about dip (and maybe help others think about it). Ironically, though, the more I come here the less I actually think about dipping.

Well said!!

The best things in life are not easy. Freedom is not free. The path we are on is the hard path but so much more rewarding than anything I can imagine.

Proud to quit with you!

Offline J2b

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
    • May 11
  • Quit Date: 01/23/2011
  • Likes Given: 239
« Reply #234 on: March 14, 2014, 12:07:00 AM »

Or

'clap'

Well said!!

The problem is not the problem.  The problem is your attitude about the problem.  Do you understand?

Draw Fire

If its too much trouble to post roll call, you could always fuck off.

Quit Group: May 11 3 Balled Quitters

• Quit: 01/23/11

Offline Sh4string

• Quitter
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/21/2013
  • Interests: Family, Hunting, fishing, outdoors, triathlon
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #233 on: March 13, 2014, 11:49:00 PM »

Or

'clap'

Well said!!
Quitting every damn day since October 21, 2013

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is not a passive activity.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #232 on: March 13, 2014, 11:31:00 PM »

Or

'clap'

*Quit today. Full stop. No qualifiers. Tomorrow?... IDK, IDC.

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #231 on: March 13, 2014, 10:54:00 PM »

The Right Hand Path: I can stop coming to KTC, and stop posting roll every day, or disappear for 63 days and then drop in to make an appearance. I may think about dip less. Thinking less about dip may make me feel better mentally, as I will not dwell on my past life as a nicotine addict and all the time, money, and health that I have wasted. I can forget that all of that ever existed. This path is a circle and never ending. It is well maintained with the greenest grass perfectly edged along the way. There are flowers, trees, bunnies, chipmunks, rainbows, it rains glitter and unicorns frolic under a cloudless blue sky. If I stumble no one will notice. Utopia.

Or

The Left Hand Path: I can chose to come here every day and post roll every day. I will constantly be reminded of dip. Some days a dip will sound really appealing. Some days I will read about a caver and wonder what that dip was like. Did he get a buzz? How did it taste? Would I enjoy it again? Jealousy. I will think about dip constantly and how I have likely shortened my life, wasted thousands of dollars, and stole time from my wife and kids. These thoughts will haunt me during the day and wake me up at night. The left hand path is cracked and worn, littered and overgrown with weeds. Instead of flowers there is rage, resentment, and fear of the future. Instead of unicorns I am surrounded my like-minded people who also choose this path. Overhead is a changing sky. Some days it is blue others cloudy or just black. I am constantly reminded that I am an addict and “just one” is a lie. However, if I even start to stumble, by not posting roll, someone will notice and make sure that I don’t fall. This path is short and is walked from start to end in one day, and one day only. At the end of the path it will be tomorrow, and again I will face a fork. I know which path I will choose: The Left Hand Path.
'clap'

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #230 on: March 13, 2014, 10:45:00 PM »

The Right Hand Path: I can stop coming to KTC, and stop posting roll every day, or disappear for 63 days and then drop in to make an appearance. I may think about dip less. Thinking less about dip may make me feel better mentally, as I will not dwell on my past life as a nicotine addict and all the time, money, and health that I have wasted. I can forget that all of that ever existed. This path is a circle and never ending. It is well maintained with the greenest grass perfectly edged along the way. There are flowers, trees, bunnies, chipmunks, rainbows, it rains glitter and unicorns frolic under a cloudless blue sky. If I stumble no one will notice. Utopia.

Or

The Left Hand Path: I can chose to come here every day and post roll every day. I will constantly be reminded of dip. Some days a dip will sound really appealing. Some days I will read about a caver and wonder what that dip was like. Did he get a buzz? How did it taste? Would I enjoy it again? Jealousy. I will think about dip constantly and how I have likely shortened my life, wasted thousands of dollars, and stole time from my wife and kids. These thoughts will haunt me during the day and wake me up at night. The left hand path is cracked and worn, littered and overgrown with weeds. Instead of flowers there is rage, resentment, and fear of the future. Instead of unicorns I am surrounded my like-minded people who also choose this path. Overhead is a changing sky. Some days it is blue others cloudy or just black. I am constantly reminded that I am an addict and “just one” is a lie. However, if I even start to stumble, by not posting roll, someone will notice and make sure that I don’t fall. This path is short and is walked from start to end in one day, and one day only. At the end of the path it will be tomorrow, and again I will face a fork. I know which path I will choose: The Left Hand Path.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline kidb

• Quitter
« Reply #229 on: March 03, 2014, 09:54:00 AM »
Great Job Evil. Got 500 in my sights as well and will be proud to join you, one day at a time. You are 1 bad ass quitter and a true inspiration to everyone on this site.

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #228 on: March 03, 2014, 09:30:00 AM »
Quote from: nickald
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: rtpope
Quote from: Emulator
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Quote from: ScrewYouCope
Quote from: MN_Ben
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: Mthomas3824
Quote from: B-loMatt
Quote from: traumagnet
Quote from: Bruce
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: Coach Steve
Quote from: jaynellie
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: omahaflyer
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: srans
Quote from: Winter Green
Quote from: sportsfan231
congrats my friend on 500...thanks for all you do for my quit and everyone else around here. proud to be a jackwagin with you
x2 Evil, you ROCK 'oh yeah'
This is what quit looks like! Thanks for doing all you do.
Congrats on 500 Evil! Keep doing what you have been doin. Quit on!
Well done, tip of the cap to you.
Congrats brother
Outstanding Job Sir.... :wub:
'BanDog'
Nice 5 smackers!
500 and still ghey as hell, impressive
Nice 5 bills thanks for always being there standing guard enjoy the day EVIL
Half a comma! Woot woot! Bet you 501 is even better.
:jan13trophy: 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' Congratulation for quiting one day at a time for 500 consecutive days.
'oh yeah'
Keep bringing it bro! full on :wub:
5th floor is pretty sweet man. Proud to quit with you today!
Thanks people! I am proud to say that my day count is 100% accurate. If my name is on roll I will not use that day. 500 continuous days of freedom. Thank you for accepting the real me, inappropriate and all.
'Remshot'

Killing that bitch for 500!!
I don't know which I like better, your new avatar or the fact that you are halfway to your comma....

They are both good.. One makes me laugh, the other inspires.
Cheers to you Evil! 'Cheers'
Stud quitter. You've been an inspiration to many, including myself.
HOF, 1 year, half-comma, or comma - I don't think I'll ever be "cured"; and that's fucking awesome! It means I'll be back tomorrow posting with you all. Never met a finer bunch. Thank you.
Thanks for your support Evil. I appreciate you having my brothers picture as your avatar.... Ypu stand as a beacon in the night for more people than you know.. simper fi
congrats....500 is such a milestone. At day 22 it seems like that is eternity away. ODAAT will get me there....God Bless and enjoy today!!!!!!!
500 gheys. I knew you had them IN you. Keep up the great work!!!
Congrats on 500.
That's how it's done.

Offline Nickald

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Welding, tinkering with old farm equipment
« Reply #227 on: March 02, 2014, 02:18:00 PM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
congrats my friend on 500...thanks for all you do for my quit and everyone else around here. proud to be a jackwagin with you
Congrats brother
'BanDog'
Nice 5 smackers!
:jan13trophy: 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' Congratulation for quiting one day at a time for 500 consecutive days.
'oh yeah'
Thanks people! I am proud to say that my day count is 100% accurate. If my name is on roll I will not use that day. 500 continuous days of freedom. Thank you for accepting the real me, inappropriate and all.
'Remshot'

I don't know which I like better, your new avatar or the fact that you are halfway to your comma....

HOF, 1 year, half-comma, or comma - I don't think I'll ever be "cured"; and that's fucking awesome! It means I'll be back tomorrow posting with you all. Never met a finer bunch. Thank you.
Thanks for your support Evil. I appreciate you having my brothers picture as your avatar.... Ypu stand as a beacon in the night for more people than you know.. simper fi
congrats....500 is such a milestone. At day 22 it seems like that is eternity away. ODAAT will get me there....God Bless and enjoy today!!!!!!!
Congrats on 500.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #226 on: March 01, 2014, 09:22:00 AM »
Congrats brother
'BanDog'
Nice 5 smackers!
'oh yeah'
'Remshot'

Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline rtpope

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Umpiring baseball, hunting, fishing, college baskeball, NFL, basically sports in general....
« Reply #225 on: February 28, 2014, 11:27:00 PM »
Congrats brother
'BanDog'
Nice 5 smackers!
'oh yeah'
'Remshot'

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2011-11-21
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
« Reply #224 on: February 28, 2014, 08:08:00 AM »
'Finger'

don't get butt hurt :ph43r:
Quit date: 11/21/11
HOF date: 2/28/12
Comma date: 8/16/14
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-'Stop being a pussy and quit' Tarpon17

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

- "We Quit Like Fuck" - Coach Steve

Offline Emulator

• Quitter
« Reply #223 on: February 22, 2014, 09:37:00 AM »
Congrats brother
'BanDog'
Nice 5 smackers!
'oh yeah'
'Remshot'

ODAAT NAFAR QFL

D-Day 1/1/14
HOF 4/10/2014
2nd Floor July 19, 2014
3rd Floor October 27, 2014

My HoF Speech: http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/10229741/1/#new
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000243565739

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #222 on: February 21, 2014, 10:34:00 PM »
Congrats brother
'BanDog'
Nice 5 smackers!
'oh yeah'
'Remshot'

"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."