Author Topic: Quit or Die  (Read 13546 times)

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quit or Die
« Reply #206 on: February 21, 2014, 08:55:00 AM »
Quote from: jaynellie
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: omahaflyer
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: srans
Quote from: Winter
Quote from: sportsfan231
congrats my friend on 500...thanks for all you do for my quit and everyone else around here. proud to be a jackwagin with you
x2 Evil, you ROCK http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/s
This is what quit looks like! Thanks for doing all you do.
Congrats on 500 Evil! Keep doing what you have been doin. Quit on!
Well done, tip of the cap to you.
Congrats brother
Outstanding Job Sir.... :wub:
'BanDog'
Make Your Decision

Offline jaynellie

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: being a good husband a good dad, riding our quads at the dunes, watching my children turn into adults
« Reply #205 on: February 21, 2014, 08:50:00 AM »
Quote from: Pinched
congrats my friend on 500...thanks for all you do for my quit and everyone else around here. proud to be a jackwagin with you
Congrats brother
Outstanding Job Sir.... :wub:
"You never have to remember what you said, if you always tell the truth"

"Post roll everyday and your chances of staying quit goes up 100%" --mememe

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #204 on: February 21, 2014, 08:16:00 AM »
Congrats brother
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline omahaflyer

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3 Jan 2013
  • Interests: fish golf baseball
« Reply #203 on: February 21, 2014, 08:12:00 AM »
Memorial Stadium

Southeast: "In Commemoration of the men of Nebraska who served and fell in the Nation's Wars."
Southwest: "Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory."
Northwest: "Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."
Northeast: "Their Lives they held their country's trust; They kept its faith; They died its heroes."

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #202 on: February 21, 2014, 07:59:00 AM »
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #201 on: February 21, 2014, 07:41:00 AM »
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline smatroutsky

• Quitter
  • Interests: Catching whatever will eat a fly, backcountry hunting, bird hunting, mtn biking, and the Green Bay Packers
« Reply #200 on: February 21, 2014, 07:38:00 AM »
The chat room has helped me get my mind off of things and I appreciate knowing you're in there holding it down. You have helped me more than you know. Congrats on 500.

Oh yeah... and a big thanks for letting me use a picture of you as my av. That was very thoughtful!!!

Offline Winter Green

• Quitter
« Reply #199 on: February 21, 2014, 07:23:00 AM »
Quit~December - 2 - 2013
1st Floor~March - 11 - 2014

Offline Sportsfan231

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #198 on: February 21, 2014, 07:20:00 AM »

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #197 on: January 03, 2014, 11:29:00 AM »
Quote from: jzzyzag01
Quote from: tarpon17
Quote from: Sharsky
Quote from: spartanron
Quote from: jbradley
Quote from: KKLJINC
Quote from: Evil_Won
An old lady named Bobbi has handled our human resources and payroll issues for the past 9 years. She weighed next to nothing, but she was feisty and got things done on time and without issue. She was a recovering alcoholic and lost a brother to alcoholism.  She was a chain smoker despite battling and recovering from lung cancer.  When she spoke it sounded like she had been smoking since birth.

Aside the payroll and HR stuff, she was there on a personal level to me and many others, despite never meeting most in person.  When my mother in law killed herself, she was there as a source of strength through her direct experience. When my sister in law, an alcoholic, was plotting to kidnap my daughters and kill my wife and me, Bobbi was there as a source of strength through her direct experience.

Right before October ended she started to get sick again. Many, many tests were taken and it was discovered that her cancer had returned. She was still smoking. PET scans revealed that the cancer was back in the lungs, but was now also on her spine (several tumors on her spine and shoulder). The really dangerous one was the cancerous tumor on her brain.

She went into immediate retirement.

On 11/19/13 she had surgery to remove the brain tumor.  Doctors said that everything went as best as one could hope for.  She went home to recover with family. They were not going to address all of the others until she regained some strength and they could come up with a battle-plan.

On 12/29 she passed away at home in the presence of her family.

I went to the funeral services tonight after work. I gave my condolences to her sister, her brother in law, her kids, and many grandkids all of whom I had never met before.  I think her sister was inspired by the fact that I expressed how much Bobbi had helped me, and many of my employees, on a personal level on issues completely unrelated to work.

It’s too bad that she managed to remain sober for 30 years but could never quit nicotine.  I hate nicotine.

Today, only today, IÂ’m quit.
Gospel right there Brother.
Thank you for sharing brother. Proud to quit with you today.

My sincere condolences, sounds like you lost a friend and confidant.

If you need anything you know where I am.
good reminder when a case of the fuck its comes along.
I quit with you today my friend. My condolences.
Sorry to hear Evil.

I will, once again, quit with you my brother.
Good eye opener, quit with you and like my buds CoachSteve and Cbird say, QLF.
Quitting with you today Evil. You're one badass mofo and someday you'll be the old lady we're talking about on here that helped us all out. You won't be dying from nicotine, of course, you'll probably have been robbed and rubbed out by a Tahitian whore after an all-day bender, but still.

Seriously, thanks for everything you do and all prayers and condolences to those affected by Bobbi's life.
Prayers and condolences for you two and her family Evil. Sounds like she served the role of a funcitonal family member for many people in your community. And she was your friend. You have a similar role, touching many lives here, and I"m glad you are here and sorry you have to feel the loss of your friend.
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline jzzyzag01

• Quitter
« Reply #196 on: January 03, 2014, 11:01:00 AM »
Quote from: tarpon17
An old lady named Bobbi has handled our human resources and payroll issues for the past 9 years. She weighed next to nothing, but she was feisty and got things done on time and without issue. She was a recovering alcoholic and lost a brother to alcoholism.  She was a chain smoker despite battling and recovering from lung cancer.  When she spoke it sounded like she had been smoking since birth.

Aside the payroll and HR stuff, she was there on a personal level to me and many others, despite never meeting most in person.  When my mother in law killed herself, she was there as a source of strength through her direct experience. When my sister in law, an alcoholic, was plotting to kidnap my daughters and kill my wife and me, Bobbi was there as a source of strength through her direct experience.

Right before October ended she started to get sick again. Many, many tests were taken and it was discovered that her cancer had returned. She was still smoking. PET scans revealed that the cancer was back in the lungs, but was now also on her spine (several tumors on her spine and shoulder). The really dangerous one was the cancerous tumor on her brain.

On 11/19/13 she had surgery to remove the brain tumor.  Doctors said that everything went as best as one could hope for.  She went home to recover with family. They were not going to address all of the others until she regained some strength and they could come up with a battle-plan.

I went to the funeral services tonight after work. I gave my condolences to her sister, her brother in law, her kids, and many grandkids all of whom I had never met before.  I think her sister was inspired by the fact that I expressed how much Bobbi had helped me, and many of my employees, on a personal level on issues completely unrelated to work.

It’s too bad that she managed to remain sober for 30 years but could never quit nicotine.  I hate nicotine.

Sorry to hear Evil.

Quitting with you today Evil. You're one badass mofo and someday you'll be the old lady we're talking about on here that helped us all out. You won't be dying from nicotine, of course, you'll probably have been robbed and rubbed out by a Tahitian whore after an all-day bender, but still.

Seriously, thanks for everything you do and all prayers and condolences to those affected by Bobbi's life.
"I am a nicotine addict and there is nothing I can do about it; I am also a quitter, and that, I can do plenty about." - Grizzly25

Today I choose to quit because today is the only day I have control over today. Tomorrow is a new day and when tomorrow is today, I'll control it too, but not until then. I will win this fight with today...

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #195 on: January 03, 2014, 10:18:00 AM »

Sorry to hear Evil.

Offline Sharsky

• Quitter
  • Uh huh huh huh huh huh
  • Quit Date: 10/12/12
  • Interests: Camping, Biking (mountain and road), BBQ'ing, and puppy activities
« Reply #194 on: January 03, 2014, 08:58:00 AM »

Sorry to hear Evil.

January '13 Jackwagins
Quit Date:  October 12, 2012

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #193 on: January 03, 2014, 08:50:00 AM »

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Spartanron

• Quitter
« Reply #192 on: January 02, 2014, 10:40:00 PM »

No more What If's, I quit everyday going forward
Quit Chewing 11/13/12, Quit Nicorette 12/23/12

MY Hall of Fame Speech