Author Topic: Quit or Die  (Read 13487 times)

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quit or Die
« Reply #251 on: April 28, 2014, 09:17:00 AM »
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: Evil_Won
I received a text from a quitter, newer than me, but not totally green. It summed up to me that KTC: extreme, daily accountability, and brotherhood are not for everyone. He didn't cave, and I hope he doesn't, but his actions, which he felt the need to share, are exactly what success on KTC is NOT about.

(name removed)

Him: "I had 5 days this week in which I did not think about dipping at all. Didn't remember that I quit, didn't forget I used to dip, just didn't think about it at all. Not once. I'm proud of you. The hard part is behind you."

Me: "'The day you forget you're an addict is the day you lose -LOOT' Be careful"

Him: "Honestly I am sick of that kind of shit. You be careful.

Me: "I've posted 564 days in a row. You've posted 4 times in the last two weeks. Not posting roll and forgetting your an addict is not a good plan in my opinion. I take back "be careful". Good luck on your impending cave, maybe more accurate. Lose my number. You are not serious about quitting."

Him: "I never said I forgot I was an addict you self absorbed wind bag. I just said that I hadn't thought about it for a few days. How much I have or have not posted is not of your goddamn concern. I'm just not as inclined to define myself by my addiction and wear it like a fucking badge. I've watched you run over people on that site for six months and I'm sick of your shit. Two promises: I'll never cave and you number is fucking wind."
Interesting.

When I read hof intros, your name comes up frequently as someone that walked a quitter to the first milestone. We've never talked, but you are the kind of quitter that I would sure want in my corner if I were a new quitter! This fight isn't for the timid or the weak, and we need all of the help along the way we can get.

Not everyone wants to quit. That's why ust has those gulfstreams and fat cat executives. Some people come here to dabble in stoppage. Others come here ballz to the wall to quit. Don't let the dabblers get you down man... Your efforts have helped save many a life. Thanks for all that you do.
Thanks for posting this Evil. He is obviously not seeing the advantage of a quit insurance policy with a $0 premium. Probably not a wise move on his part.

Keep posting that daily roll!
To each his own, but those who want to quit would be best off following the proven plan that works to increase their odds. That plan involves posting daily and building an accountability network that includes quitters like you. I'm with you on this one, as I frequently am.
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make a jackass drink. Perhaps I feel different about it because for 100 days I carried your original HOF coin in my pocket, or perhaps like many other KTC quitters I understand that "Accountability" means to self, family and all others who care. When I need help I know who to call.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #250 on: April 28, 2014, 09:07:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
I received a text from a quitter, newer than me, but not totally green. It summed up to me that KTC: extreme, daily accountability, and brotherhood are not for everyone. He didn't cave, and I hope he doesn't, but his actions, which he felt the need to share, are exactly what success on KTC is NOT about.

(name removed)

Him: "I had 5 days this week in which I did not think about dipping at all. Didn't remember that I quit, didn't forget I used to dip, just didn't think about it at all. Not once. I'm proud of you. The hard part is behind you."

Me: "'The day you forget you're an addict is the day you lose -LOOT' Be careful"

Me: "I've posted 564 days in a row. You've posted 4 times in the last two weeks. Not posting roll and forgetting your an addict is not a good plan in my opinion. I take back "be careful". Good luck on your impending cave, maybe more accurate. Lose my number. You are not serious about quitting."

Him: "I never said I forgot I was an addict you self absorbed wind bag. I just said that I hadn't thought about it for a few days. How much I have or have not posted is not of your goddamn concern. I'm just not as inclined to define myself by my addiction and wear it like a fucking badge. I've watched you run over people on that site for six months and I'm sick of your shit. Two promises: I'll never cave and you number is fucking wind."
Interesting.

When I read hof intros, your name comes up frequently as someone that walked a quitter to the first milestone. We've never talked, but you are the kind of quitter that I would sure want in my corner if I were a new quitter! This fight isn't for the timid or the weak, and we need all of the help along the way we can get.

Not everyone wants to quit. That's why ust has those gulfstreams and fat cat executives. Some people come here to dabble in stoppage. Others come here ballz to the wall to quit. Don't let the dabblers get you down man... Your efforts have helped save many a life. Thanks for all that you do.
Thanks for posting this Evil. He is obviously not seeing the advantage of a quit insurance policy with a $0 premium. Probably not a wise move on his part.

To each his own, but those who want to quit would be best off following the proven plan that works to increase their odds. That plan involves posting daily and building an accountability network that includes quitters like you. I'm with you on this one, as I frequently am.
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #249 on: April 28, 2014, 08:48:00 AM »

(name removed)

Interesting.

Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #248 on: April 28, 2014, 07:12:00 AM »

(name removed)

Interesting.

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #247 on: April 27, 2014, 11:07:00 PM »

(name removed)

"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #246 on: March 31, 2014, 04:47:00 PM »
Quote from: Mthomas3824
Quote from: SAM83
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: Raider
It's Monday and my resolve to not kill any more people is being tested.

If you are being paid to do a job - do it and do it well.
If you are unhappy with something - change it. If you choose to not change it, shut the fuck up about it.
If you are not a person of your word - fuck off.
If you can't make an intelligent decision based on facts, history, and proven methods- stop trying, move over, and fuck off.
If you rely on hope and prayers to undo your fuck-ups - fuck off.

Actions speak louder than words.
Glad to be quit with you Evil
Sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mundays.
"not to kill ANY MORE people?" Shit Evil! I'm glad you are on our side! :D
Do you do consulting?....I think some of my managers need to hear this 'bang head'
Testify Evil, Testify Brother in the Quit Gospel!!!!!!!
Can I have you visit my workplace and meet a few people? 'crackup'
Can't agree with you more...
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #245 on: March 31, 2014, 03:27:00 PM »
Quote from: SAM83

If you are unhappy with something - change it. If you choose to not change it, shut the fuck up about it.
If you can't make an intelligent decision based on facts, history, and proven methods- stop trying, move over, and fuck off.

Do you do consulting?....I think some of my managers need to hear this 'bang head'
Testify Evil, Testify Brother in the Quit Gospel!!!!!!!
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 232
« Reply #244 on: March 31, 2014, 03:16:00 PM »

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #243 on: March 31, 2014, 02:29:00 PM »

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #242 on: March 31, 2014, 01:55:00 PM »

"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #241 on: March 31, 2014, 01:49:00 PM »

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #240 on: March 31, 2014, 01:46:00 PM »

"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline Emulator

• Quitter
« Reply #239 on: March 16, 2014, 09:05:00 PM »
Dr. Evil_Won, MD, PhD.

Newbie Quitter
Rx: One quit per day on waking every day.
Use for the relief of death associated with dip.
Unit count#100
Refill: May refill 4 x before the end of any year.
If side effects are noticed call or visit your Local KTC Immediately
ODAAT NAFAR QFL

D-Day 1/1/14
HOF 4/10/2014
2nd Floor July 19, 2014
3rd Floor October 27, 2014

My HoF Speech: http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/10229741/1/#new
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000243565739

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #238 on: March 14, 2014, 09:52:00 PM »
Keep writing Evil.
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #237 on: March 14, 2014, 02:37:00 AM »
Thank you Evil. Just what I needed tonight. Excellent