Author Topic: Quit or Die  (Read 13488 times)

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 232
Re: Quit or Die
« Reply #266 on: May 01, 2014, 06:21:00 AM »
Quote from: Evil_Won
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: ExNuke
Quote from: SAM83
Since apparently you are "not accepting personal messages at this time" I will post my response to your personal message here:

This is in reference to your message entitled "suggestion" included here for your reference:

Holy Hell!

People have been bitching about the novel-like HOF write-ups for months. No one reads them. You guys have taken it to a whole new level of obscene.

Gigantic difficult to read font, BOLD, and red is impossible to read. No one will read it.

Respectfully,
Evil_Won - 568
HOF Conductor to Feb 2013

My response:

Funny....subject line "suggestion".....not really seeing a suggestion..."Holy Hell", "People Bitching for Months", "No One Reads Them", "Whole new level of obscene"....where's the suggestion?

1) We have only been here for just over 100 days....I have know idea what "people have been bitching about for months"
2) We only know what we saw the last 100 days and are carrying the tradition forward as we learned it.
3) We all agree that we read every HOF write up in April and respected the time of those who volunteered to write it
4) If you, admins or the people who have been bitching for months would care to put together some guidelines or actual suggestions for your fellow volunteers to follow when taking over the conductor function, please do so and post them for all to see.

Again, I am open to suggestions, I don't see a suggestion in your personal message. Not sure who you think you are talking to; but I am not real appreciative of your approach. Unless your next message starts off with an apology and an actual suggestion, then let me assure you I will have a few of my own suggestions for you. For now I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt that your got up on the wrong side of the bed, wrote your PM in haste or perhaps are having your period.
Not to mention not all of us are fluent in HTML, which sucks to figure out if you don't know what to look for or how to write the proper syntax.
I'm not accepting PMs? Where is that setting?
This is what each of us got when we tried to respond directly and privately to your PM:

Error:

This user is not accepting PMs at this time.

There, the size, color, font, and format are fixed...better?
seriously - try sending me a PM now. Is there a button that says "Allow PMs" in your settings?
Evil in your inbox message center there are PM system settings
Found it. Fixed it.
Thank you for your follow-up PM. I am posting this here to hopefully prevent this particular discussion from expanding any further (stuff gains legs pretty quickly around here). My (our) perception that after sending your original message you intentionally disabled our ability to respond directly and privately to you, certainly escalated the level of my own response. I agree that we are here to be and stay quit and to help others do the same. I have no idea, what HOF introductions looked like before March 2014 which is when I started reading them. Honestly it is all I have to go on. For the time being, we have already put a lot of time into this, and will continue in the manner we have learned. I am going to start a thread, later today (got to get to work but really did not want this to fester), to open up a discussion. Perhaps we need to work to establish some general guidelines, perhaps not. We will see what the community thinks. Again, thank you for your response and as far as I am concerned this is a dead issue. Quit on!

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #265 on: May 01, 2014, 12:16:00 AM »
Since apparently you are "not accepting personal messages at this time" I will post my response to your personal message here:

This is in reference to your message entitled "suggestion" included here for your reference:

Holy Hell!

People have been bitching about the novel-like HOF write-ups for months. No one reads them. You guys have taken it to a whole new level of obscene.

Gigantic difficult to read font, BOLD, and red is impossible to read. No one will read it.

Respectfully,
Evil_Won - 568

My response:

Funny....subject line "suggestion".....not really seeing a suggestion..."Holy Hell", "People Bitching for Months", "No One Reads Them", "Whole new level of obscene"....where's the suggestion?

1) We have only been here for just over 100 days....I have know idea what "people have been bitching about for months"
2) We only know what we saw the last 100 days and are carrying the tradition forward as we learned it.
3) We all agree that we read every HOF write up in April and respected the time of those who volunteered to write it
4) If you, admins or the people who have been bitching for months would care to put together some guidelines or actual suggestions for your fellow volunteers to follow when taking over the conductor function, please do so and post them for all to see.

Again, I am open to suggestions, I don't see a suggestion in your personal message. Not sure who you think you are talking to; but I am not real appreciative of your approach. Unless your next message starts off with an apology and an actual suggestion, then let me assure you I will have a few of my own suggestions for you. For now I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt that your got up on the wrong side of the bed, wrote your PM in haste or perhaps are having your period.
Not to mention not all of us are fluent in HTML, which sucks to figure out if you don't know what to look for or how to write the proper syntax.
This is what each of us got when we tried to respond directly and privately to your PM:

Error:

seriously - try sending me a PM now. Is there a button that says "Allow PMs" in your settings?
Found it. Fixed it.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #264 on: May 01, 2014, 12:06:00 AM »

Holy Hell!

Respectfully,
Evil_Won - 568

My response:

Error:

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #263 on: May 01, 2014, 12:01:00 AM »

Holy Hell!

Respectfully,
Evil_Won - 568

My response:

Error:

"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline ExNuke

• Quitter
  • By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #262 on: April 30, 2014, 10:26:00 PM »

Holy Hell!

Respectfully,
Evil_Won - 568

My response:

Error:

- ExNuke (aka TJ Highwood)
Proud Member of Apr18: Kings & Queen of Quit
Quit Date: January 18th, 2018
HOF: April 27th, 2018 | HOF Speech
Floor: 10

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
« Reply #261 on: April 30, 2014, 10:14:00 PM »

Holy Hell!

Respectfully,
Evil_Won - 568

My response:

Error:

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #260 on: April 30, 2014, 10:02:00 PM »

Holy Hell!

Respectfully,
Evil_Won - 568

My response:

Offline ExNuke

• Quitter
  • By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #259 on: April 30, 2014, 09:41:00 PM »

Holy Hell!

Respectfully,
Evil_Won - 568

My response:

- ExNuke (aka TJ Highwood)
Proud Member of Apr18: Kings & Queen of Quit
Quit Date: January 18th, 2018
HOF: April 27th, 2018 | HOF Speech
Floor: 10

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
« Reply #258 on: April 30, 2014, 09:32:00 PM »

Holy Hell!

Respectfully,
Evil_Won - 568

My response:

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #257 on: April 30, 2014, 08:16:00 PM »
Quote from: traumagnet
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: sh4string
Quote from: T-Cell
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: worktowin
I received a text from a quitter, newer than me, but not totally green. It summed up to me that KTC: extreme, daily accountability, and brotherhood are not for everyone. He didn't cave, and I hope he doesn't, but his actions, which he felt the need to share, are exactly what success on KTC is NOT about.

(name removed)

Him: "I had 5 days this week in which I did not think about dipping at all. Didn't remember that I quit, didn't forget I used to dip, just didn't think about it at all. Not once. I'm proud of you. The hard part is behind you."

Me: "'The day you forget you're an addict is the day you lose -LOOT' Be careful"

Him: "Honestly I am sick of that kind of shit. You be careful.

Me: "I've posted 564 days in a row. You've posted 4 times in the last two weeks. Not posting roll and forgetting your an addict is not a good plan in my opinion. I take back "be careful". Good luck on your impending cave, maybe more accurate. Lose my number. You are not serious about quitting."

Him: "I never said I forgot I was an addict you self absorbed wind bag. I just said that I hadn't thought about it for a few days. How much I have or have not posted is not of your goddamn concern. I'm just not as inclined to define myself by my addiction and wear it like a fucking badge. I've watched you run over people on that site for six months and I'm sick of your shit. Two promises: I'll never cave and you number is fucking wind."
Interesting.

When I read hof intros, your name comes up frequently as someone that walked a quitter to the first milestone. We've never talked, but you are the kind of quitter that I would sure want in my corner if I were a new quitter! This fight isn't for the timid or the weak, and we need all of the help along the way we can get.

Not everyone wants to quit. That's why ust has those gulfstreams and fat cat executives. Some people come here to dabble in stoppage. Others come here ballz to the wall to quit. Don't let the dabblers get you down man... Your efforts have helped save many a life. Thanks for all that you do.
Thanks for posting this Evil. He is obviously not seeing the advantage of a quit insurance policy with a $0 premium. Probably not a wise move on his part.

Keep posting that daily roll!
To each his own, but those who want to quit would be best off following the proven plan that works to increase their odds. That plan involves posting daily and building an accountability network that includes quitters like you. I'm with you on this one, as I frequently am.
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make a jackass drink. Perhaps I feel different about it because for 100 days I carried your original HOF coin in my pocket, or perhaps like many other KTC quitters I understand that "Accountability" means to self, family and all others who care. When I need help I know who to call.
Keep doing what you do Evil. This dude probably won't make it, mostly because he is already convinced the way to stay quit is to not think about it. I tried that with pregnancy, work, planning my life, didn't work there either... Just another addict leaving the door cracked open...
I don't recall you ever "running over" anyone on this site. You are a great example of what a true quitter needs to be. A 100% poster that is active in helping others. One of the columns that holds this place up!
I'll quit with you and everyone else who posts daily....to those that drift away??? Good luck because you will need it.
Some one please tell when accountability was ever free and didn't cost the person wanting it something???

But not only that, how about the people surrounding this person who is 'wanting accountability' - it costs them too; maybe not directly but it does cost time, energy and support.

'ninja'
Sounds like a good one to cut ties with Evil...cant save everyone!
I think "him" pretty much nailed it. Fucking wind bag. Lol.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #256 on: April 29, 2014, 12:09:00 PM »
Quote from: CBird65
I received a text from a quitter, newer than me, but not totally green. It summed up to me that KTC: extreme, daily accountability, and brotherhood are not for everyone. He didn't cave, and I hope he doesn't, but his actions, which he felt the need to share, are exactly what success on KTC is NOT about.

(name removed)

Him: "I had 5 days this week in which I did not think about dipping at all. Didn't remember that I quit, didn't forget I used to dip, just didn't think about it at all. Not once. I'm proud of you. The hard part is behind you."

Me: "'The day you forget you're an addict is the day you lose -LOOT' Be careful"

Me: "I've posted 564 days in a row. You've posted 4 times in the last two weeks. Not posting roll and forgetting your an addict is not a good plan in my opinion. I take back "be careful". Good luck on your impending cave, maybe more accurate. Lose my number. You are not serious about quitting."

Him: "I never said I forgot I was an addict you self absorbed wind bag. I just said that I hadn't thought about it for a few days. How much I have or have not posted is not of your goddamn concern. I'm just not as inclined to define myself by my addiction and wear it like a fucking badge. I've watched you run over people on that site for six months and I'm sick of your shit. Two promises: I'll never cave and you number is fucking wind."
Interesting.

When I read hof intros, your name comes up frequently as someone that walked a quitter to the first milestone. We've never talked, but you are the kind of quitter that I would sure want in my corner if I were a new quitter! This fight isn't for the timid or the weak, and we need all of the help along the way we can get.

Not everyone wants to quit. That's why ust has those gulfstreams and fat cat executives. Some people come here to dabble in stoppage. Others come here ballz to the wall to quit. Don't let the dabblers get you down man... Your efforts have helped save many a life. Thanks for all that you do.
Thanks for posting this Evil. He is obviously not seeing the advantage of a quit insurance policy with a $0 premium. Probably not a wise move on his part.

To each his own, but those who want to quit would be best off following the proven plan that works to increase their odds. That plan involves posting daily and building an accountability network that includes quitters like you. I'm with you on this one, as I frequently am.
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make a jackass drink. Perhaps I feel different about it because for 100 days I carried your original HOF coin in my pocket, or perhaps like many other KTC quitters I understand that "Accountability" means to self, family and all others who care. When I need help I know who to call.
Keep doing what you do Evil. This dude probably won't make it, mostly because he is already convinced the way to stay quit is to not think about it. I tried that with pregnancy, work, planning my life, didn't work there either... Just another addict leaving the door cracked open...
I don't recall you ever "running over" anyone on this site. You are a great example of what a true quitter needs to be. A 100% poster that is active in helping others. One of the columns that holds this place up!
I'll quit with you and everyone else who posts daily....to those that drift away??? Good luck because you will need it.
Some one please tell when accountability was ever free and didn't cost the person wanting it something???

But not only that, how about the people surrounding this person who is 'wanting accountability' - it costs them too; maybe not directly but it does cost time, energy and support.

'ninja'
Sounds like a good one to cut ties with Evil...cant save everyone!
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #255 on: April 28, 2014, 12:31:00 PM »

(name removed)

Interesting.

'ninja'
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline Sh4string

• Quitter
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/21/2013
  • Interests: Family, Hunting, fishing, outdoors, triathlon
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #254 on: April 28, 2014, 12:04:00 PM »

(name removed)

Interesting.

Quitting every damn day since October 21, 2013

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #253 on: April 28, 2014, 11:41:00 AM »

(name removed)

Interesting.

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #252 on: April 28, 2014, 10:30:00 AM »

(name removed)

Interesting.

Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14