Author Topic: Intro....  (Read 10380 times)

Offline kstampfly

• Quitter
    • http:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Intro....
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2012, 11:52:00 AM »
Quote from: Morgan1
Day 76 report....

Feeling great about not dipping. Not so much about everything else. Eating like shit, drinking too much beer, not getting enough sleep, not being outdoors, putting on weight. Last couple of weeks my divorce had me feeling down for the first time in a while. Funk? I don't know - I don't really believe in em.....I think "funk" is just a word to describe acting like a wuss over things.....but I seem to have all the signs.....Nope - it's just me being a pussy. Well....can't have that.

Dont misconstrue this post as whining - it isn't. I've just had my head up my ass for a few weeks. Gotta put the same resolve into the rest of my life as I have been putting into my quit. This time last summer I lost 12 lbs in about a month. Working out. Running. I was motivated. Gotta find that shit again. My treadmill has a layer of dust on it that is clearly visible (yeah I run on a treadmill - it's 1,000 degrees in FL so bite me. HAHA). I am back up around 250 and white as a ghost. I look like a fuckin Beluga whale.

I'm a little frustrated and a little disappointed in myself. Time to step my game up....

Oh yeah - I almost forgot to remind everyone that regardless of whatever else is going on, my quit is still badass. Most of you know that I have a very high opinion of my quit. Deservedly so....it's the Ghengis Khan of quits and I shout about it from the rooftops. I'm on point at all times in it's protection.
Come on Brother I know you are stronger than this. STOP BEING A PUSSY!! lol Don't make me drive to Florida and put you through some Boot Camp style kick your ass quittercise. I was married for six years before I got divorced and was in a funk for two years after. Finally I said fuck it. If only I could have killed the can back then I would be more bad ass than I am now. If you need some motivation, I will give you some MOTHERFUCKING MOTIVATION!! Get your ass off the couch start running and don't quit until you are more worn out than Gmanns vagina. if I didn't live so far I would run with you to keep your mind off of the funk. The last part of your post gave me a raging quit erection. I'm talking bust the zipper on the front of my pants erection....Stay Quit Trooper!!
Quit Group:
June 2022 No Lip Turd Herd

Quit Date:  13 March 2022
HOF Date:  20 June 2022

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2012, 11:33:00 AM »
Day 76 report....

Feeling great about not dipping. Not so much about everything else. Eating like shit, drinking too much beer, not getting enough sleep, not being outdoors, putting on weight. Last couple of weeks my divorce had me feeling down for the first time in a while. Funk? I don't know - I don't really believe in em.....I think "funk" is just a word to describe acting like a wuss over things.....but I seem to have all the signs.....Nope - it's just me being a pussy. Well....can't have that.

Dont misconstrue this post as whining - it isn't. I've just had my head up my ass for a few weeks. Gotta put the same resolve into the rest of my life as I have been putting into my quit. This time last summer I lost 12 lbs in about a month. Working out. Running. I was motivated. Gotta find that shit again. My treadmill has a layer of dust on it that is clearly visible (yeah I run on a treadmill - it's 1,000 degrees in FL so bite me. HAHA). I am back up around 250 and white as a ghost. I look like a fuckin Beluga whale.

I'm a little frustrated and a little disappointed in myself. Time to step my game up....

Oh yeah - I almost forgot to remind everyone that regardless of whatever else is going on, my quit is still badass. Most of you know that I have a very high opinion of my quit. Deservedly so....it's the Ghengis Khan of quits and I shout about it from the rooftops. I'm on point at all times in it's protection.

I watched this 2 months ago. It really made me think about my health. My brother in law had just passed away. I've been doing yoga for 2 months now, and feel like a fucking cheetah. It's not for everybody, but everything else I try hurts my limbs from all my past injuries. Besides walking (everyday) this is my only exercise. I lifted weights, played sports, but have never felt better than I do now physically. Like I said a fucking cheetah!!
Keep positive buddy, when god closes a door - he opens a window...
I quit with you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448
we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-05-29
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2012, 11:20:00 AM »
Day 76 report....

I have control over my quit. There's no luck involved. - Diesel2112

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2012, 11:08:00 AM »
Quote from: Wt57
Quote from: shoogie
Day 61. Another day full of quit for me....

Riding over to New Smyrna to eat lunch with parents and daughter. In the past this meant grabbing a dip on the water somewhere. Not just a dip - a ninja dip (I could never allow my daughter to see something this filthy and disgusting right?). I was never a ninja dipper until my daughter came along. She is 5 and she is likely the only person I have known as an adult that never knew I dipped. Let me say this....if you are doing something that you need to hide from the most important person in your life (like I did for 5 years) then you need to re-evaluate that something. OK...Getting a little sidetracked....
The point is, today I will hang out in the sun, watch the boats, drink a couple cold ones, laugh, smile, and enjoy life. Now I ask you how does spitting black slime, ruining your teeth (mine are hardly what I call white), being sneaky, and possibly getting cancer add to this experience? The answer my friends is that it doesn't. It makes it worse. That is one of the reasons I have embraced the quit so well - I fully understand that dipping makes any siituation worse - even the good ones that you associate dipping with. It does not enhance good times. It makes them worse. It makes them worse in such small incremements that you dont even notice. But it does so just the same.

I don't miss that lying poison for one second.

I am the Mt Everest of quit.

I am a bad mfer. I'm quit.

'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap'
Enjoy your dip free day.
Morgan you are 100% right if you can't do it in the open never do it!! That's what I tell my wife all the time about sex!! Store dressing rooms are made for it! She is always hesitant, I don't get it!!
'clap' 'clap'

Great stuff brother!!!!!!
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2012, 10:48:00 AM »
Quote from: shoogie

Riding over to New Smyrna to eat lunch with parents and daughter. In the past this meant grabbing a dip on the water somewhere. Not just a dip - a ninja dip (I could never allow my daughter to see something this filthy and disgusting right?). I was never a ninja dipper until my daughter came along. She is 5 and she is likely the only person I have known as an adult that never knew I dipped. Let me say this....if you are doing something that you need to hide from the most important person in your life (like I did for 5 years) then you need to re-evaluate that something. OK...Getting a little sidetracked....
The point is, today I will hang out in the sun, watch the boats, drink a couple cold ones, laugh, smile, and enjoy life. Now I ask you how does spitting black slime, ruining your teeth (mine are hardly what I call white), being sneaky, and possibly getting cancer add to this experience? The answer my friends is that it doesn't. It makes it worse. That is one of the reasons I have embraced the quit so well - I fully understand that dipping makes any siituation worse - even the good ones that you associate dipping with. It does not enhance good times. It makes them worse. It makes them worse in such small incremements that you dont even notice. But it does so just the same.

Enjoy your dip free day.
Morgan you are 100% right if you can't do it in the open never do it!! That's what I tell my wife all the time about sex!! Store dressing rooms are made for it! She is always hesitant, I don't get it!!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline shoogie

• Quitter
  • Interests: Sports, Video Games, Woodworking, Motorcycles
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2012, 10:20:00 AM »

Enjoy your dip free day.

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2012, 10:08:00 AM »

Offline mikegooch

• Quitter
  • Interests: Real Estate Auctions, Speaking, Ventriloquism
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2012, 10:54:00 PM »
I haven't used the intro forum much to reflect on my quit journey, but I plan to once a week moving forward.....so....

Today is 55 days quit. Not much different than yesterday or a week ago...just another day of quit. I'm watching Adam Scott try to win his first major - 2012 British Open. I'm enjoying not having a dip. That is one of the characterizations of my quit. I ENJOY not dipping.

I had never realized this, but I began dipping when I was 17. I am now 41. This means I had dipped my entire adult life until 55 days ago. Wow...I had never thought about that before....

It means that basically every signifigant moment of my life has been accompanied by tobacco use.

This shall never again be the case. It feels great.

Going out to enjoy another tobacco-free day.  :)
Today is 55 days quit. Not much different than yesterday or a week ago...just another day of quit. I'm watching Adam Scott try to win his first major - 2012 British Open. I'm enjoying not having a dip. That is one of the characterizations of my quit. I ENJOY not dipping.
Day 42 here.. I am kind of on your heels as far as quit days! i appreciate the post! I'm mildly jealous however.. Most times I do not enjoy not having a dip.. Actually when i am doing outside work or something that is a heavy trigger i usually got the fake stuff in.. Maybe I will soon get there.. congrats on your strong quit.. Gooch

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2012, 12:59:00 PM »
Quote from: Wt57
Quote from: Grizzly25
I haven't used the intro forum much to reflect on my quit journey, but I plan to once a week moving forward.....so....

I had never realized this, but I began dipping when I was 17. I am now 41. This means I had dipped my entire adult life until 55 days ago. Wow...I had never thought about that before....

It means that basically every signifigant moment of my life has been accompanied by tobacco use.

Great post brother!!

Its the small victories that are huge and those voctories that build resolve!

Keep on Keeping on and keep that nic-bitch away locked up on her own lonely island with no one to poison!
Correction -- I started when I was 15 not 17. I don't know why I put 17....
That is the case with most of us, no experience living any adult life without nicotine! That moment of awakening to this fact is rather sobering! I never really thought about it either untill Actually doing things without nicotine became a reality. I still catch myself reaching out for that companionship at times without even thinking its just automatic.
Great post. Look forward to reading your weekly update. Something really sobering too. Add up how much money tobacco got paid by you.

I will never pay more taxes or pay tobacco for a lotto ticket to win cancer.

What a sham!
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2012, 10:43:00 AM »

Great post brother!!

Keep on Keeping on and keep that nic-bitch away locked up on her own lonely island with no one to poison!
That is the case with most of us, no experience living any adult life without nicotine! That moment of awakening to this fact is rather sobering! I never really thought about it either untill Actually doing things without nicotine became a reality. I still catch myself reaching out for that companionship at times without even thinking its just automatic.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2012, 10:20:00 AM »

Great post brother!!

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2012, 10:02:00 AM »

Going out to enjoy another tobacco-free day. :)
Great post brother!!

"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2012, 09:58:00 AM »

Going out to enjoy another tobacco-free day. :)

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2012, 10:17:00 PM »
T-Rex in Oct 12 said he played golf last night.....he's on day 4! That guy must be a superman of quit..... I can say that I have been around most of my triggers and stomped them into the dirt - boating, drinking, playing cornhole (insert stupid tired unoriginal gay joke here), yardwork, and Marlins game. The one thing that I still am afraid to tackle is playing golf. Not that I think I'll dip - I know I won't but my brain can't comprehend the idea of playing golf without dipping yet. And I MISS my G.D. golf!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAA

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2012, 09:40:00 PM »
Quote from: lhelms12
I will never dip again. I don't miss it. I don't remember it fondly. Unlike a lot of guys here that have wistful memories of packing a fat one, I regret the 26 years I used Skoal. I wish I had never picked up a can. I looked like a fucking hick for 26 years spitting black slime everywhere. I disrespected myself and those who care about me by willingly using a product that could in the end cause my death. I supported an industry that knowingly and willingly produces products that kill people daily. Maybe they killed your father or your wife or your best friend at some point. I spent thousands of dollars (maybe tens of thousands - I never figured it out) that wound up as a brown puddles on the ground or in a beer bottle. Thats not what a good investment guy would advise you to do with your money. I wouldn't mind having that money now so that I could improve the life of my little girl and myself with a nice vacation somewhere. I am quit and I am happy to be quit. I don't struggle with it and I don't look in the rearview mirror. I don't think about how one day I might enjoy another dip. Why would I? After all, I quit
Morgan you are sporting some badass quit here... 44 days congrats man almost a half a HOF. The tobacco industries are ruthless and I am glad that you have as much hatred towards them as I do!
Good post brother keep the intensity and resolve they will serve you well when the funk and fog try to sneak their way back in!!!

I am happy to be quit with you!

Fuck big tobacco!!!

Stay Strong, Focused  most of all QUIT!!!
That's right brother. That's your fucking enemy. UST tried to kill you for almost three decades. Fuckers. The big part is today...you realize you are worth more. You have a place in this world. You have purpose. There is no "good enough" for you. There is what you are meant to be and how fucking hard you will fight for it. That's what it comes down to. Fight. Plan. Protect.