Author Topic: Intro....  (Read 10384 times)

Offline kstampfly

• Quitter
    • http:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Intro....
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2012, 08:05:00 AM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: Morgan1
89 Days. I was looking at some old PM's and came across this ---

"Thanks for reaching out man...I'm really nervous. It seems an impossible task....

Chris"

This was my response on day one to SIG who reached out to me. This is how scared my quit once was. IT SEEMS AN IMPOSSIBLE TASK. Let me tell you something gents - IT IS NOT. Here I am 89 days later. Is 89 days an eternity? Nope. But I don't quit for an eternity - I quit for today. To paraphrase Nolaq - Post everyday, honor it, and repeat the next day. That's all I've done. Simple really. But I have come a long way in 89 days from being nervous and using words like impossible. Those words were uttered when I was under the thrall of the Dirty Nic Queen Bitch. I am no longer. I know she still lurks from afar and watches my every move awaiting a slip - but again to paraphrase Nolaq - My shit is up and running 24/7. I don't slip. I don't give her the slightest opportunity to get up in my quit zone. Those 89 days have taught me a lot and changed who I am. Impossible? Hardly. My scared quit has evolved into a quit for the ages. The kind of quit that is spoken of in reverent tones many years from now. I possess the kind of quit that they sing songs about and celebrate with great feasts where the liquor flows and all the women are blonde, buxom, and 20 years old. Impossible my ass. That word is no longer in use here.
Great job! 1 day at a time will get you through the rest of your life. :)
Bad Ass Morgan!!! No more NIC BITCH for me either!
Quit Group:
June 2022 No Lip Turd Herd

Quit Date:  13 March 2022
HOF Date:  20 June 2022

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2012, 12:12:00 AM »

"Thanks for reaching out man...I'm really nervous. It seems an impossible task....

Chris"

This was my response on day one to SIG who reached out to me. This is how scared my quit once was. IT SEEMS AN IMPOSSIBLE TASK. Let me tell you something gents - IT IS NOT. Here I am 89 days later. Is 89 days an eternity? Nope. But I don't quit for an eternity - I quit for today. To paraphrase Nolaq - Post everyday, honor it, and repeat the next day. That's all I've done. Simple really. But I have come a long way in 89 days from being nervous and using words like impossible. Those words were uttered when I was under the thrall of the Dirty Nic Queen Bitch. I am no longer. I know she still lurks from afar and watches my every move awaiting a slip - but again to paraphrase Nolaq - My shit is up and running 24/7. I don't slip. I don't give her the slightest opportunity to get up in my quit zone. Those 89 days have taught me a lot and changed who I am. Impossible? Hardly. My scared quit has evolved into a quit for the ages. The kind of quit that is spoken of in reverent tones many years from now. I possess the kind of quit that they sing songs about and celebrate with great feasts where the liquor flows and all the women are blonde, buxom, and 20 years old. Impossible my ass. That word is no longer in use here.
Great job! 1 day at a time will get you through the rest of your life. :)

Offline Arfy

• Quitter
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2012, 05:02:00 PM »

Chris"

Wow! Nice
Wow! Nice!
Caving is NOT an option!

?The only thing nicotine use does is relieve withdrawal symptoms that come from not using. That's it.? #brilliance #truth

"The day you forget Day 1...you lose."~Loot

Quit Date: 8/17/12

HOF Date 11/24/12

Offline Roamcountry

• Quit Pro
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2012, 03:34:00 PM »
Quote from: shoogie

Chris"

'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap'

Proud to be quit with you today Morgan
Nice morg...nice!!! :wub:

Offline shoogie

• Quitter
  • Interests: Sports, Video Games, Woodworking, Motorcycles
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2012, 11:44:00 AM »

Chris"

'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap' 'clap'

Proud to be quit with you today Morgan

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-05-29
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2012, 11:09:00 AM »

Chris"

I have control over my quit. There's no luck involved. - Diesel2112

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2012, 11:48:00 AM »
Morgan, glad you are here and quit. You help make knocking the nic bitch out fun.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline kstampfly

• Quitter
    • http:
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2012, 09:15:00 AM »
Morgan you are one bad ass mother fucker and I quit with YOU today!!!
Quit Group:
June 2022 No Lip Turd Herd

Quit Date:  13 March 2022
HOF Date:  20 June 2022

Offline jrws

• Quitter
    • voodoobuddha.net
  • Interests: Snowboarding/snowshoeing, skydiving, fast cars, knives, A/V, smart engineering, squash, DIY electronics, and all kinds of mental/psychic/physical competitions: logic, strategy, endurance, and tactical games.
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2012, 07:14:00 AM »
Day 86 -- I posted this earlier today and I thought I'd bring it here b/c it says something about the way I feel today and about the way I got to day 86. In regards to the Kern's story.......

I still have not read these and never will unless I actually consider a cave. Which by the way will never happen and I'm not afraid to make that claim. My quit is on lock at all times. I never give an inch. My quit is like this : Like Tyson - "My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable." Like Jules - "Well, I'm a mushroom-cloud-layin' motherfucker, motherfucker! I'm Superfly T.N.T., I'm the Guns of the Navarone." And like Clint - "Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have fucked with? That's me." THAT is how my quit rolls.....

Just the idea of reading the Kern's story makes me shudder. I know the sorrow and pain that lurks there. I know the sadness and heartache waiting for me. Just knowing it is there is enough to motivate my quit. That is why everything I said above holds true.

I'm sporting a Blue Ribbon quit today gents and I'm GD proud of it.
This whole intro is solid-gold. I only wish I had read it sooner. You QLAFM.
I have to earn this signature line - one day of roll at a time

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2012, 06:46:00 AM »
Quote from: Bigdave
Day 86 -- I posted this earlier today and I thought I'd bring it here b/c it says something about the way I feel today and about the way I got to day 86. In regards to the Kern's story.......

I still have not read these and never will unless I actually consider a cave. Which by the way will never happen and I'm not afraid to make that claim. My quit is on lock at all times. I never give an inch. My quit is like this : Like Tyson - "My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable." Like Jules - "Well, I'm a mushroom-cloud-layin' motherfucker, motherfucker! I'm Superfly T.N.T., I'm the Guns of the Navarone." And like Clint - "Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have fucked with? That's me." THAT is how my quit rolls.....

Just the idea of reading the Kern's story makes me shudder. I know the sorrow and pain that lurks there. I know the sadness and heartache waiting for me. Just knowing it is there is enough to motivate my quit. That is why everything I said above holds true.

= Motivation for me to stay quit!

Morgan is a Quit Mafioso..proud to be quit with you

even though you suck gator cock!!!!!!!!
I second that notion, QLAFM with you dude

Offline Bigdave

• Quitter
  • Interests: Football, fishing, playing with my kids, having sex with the wife-piece, oh..and fishing
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2012, 11:17:00 PM »

= Motivation for me to stay quit!

Morgan is a Quit Mafioso..proud to be quit with you

even though you suck gator cock!!!!!!!!
Real things happen to real people, even in Disney World

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2012, 10:35:00 PM »

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2012, 09:06:00 AM »
Quote from: Wt57
Quote from: kstampfly
Day 76 report....

Feeling great about not dipping. Not so much about everything else. Eating like shit, drinking too much beer, not getting enough sleep, not being outdoors, putting on weight. Last couple of weeks my divorce had me feeling down for the first time in a while. Funk? I don't know - I don't really believe in em.....I think "funk" is just a word to describe acting like a wuss over things.....but I seem to have all the signs.....Nope - it's just me being a pussy. Well....can't have that.

Dont misconstrue this post as whining - it isn't. I've just had my head up my ass for a few weeks. Gotta put the same resolve into the rest of my life as I have been putting into my quit. This time last summer I lost 12 lbs in about a month. Working out. Running. I was motivated. Gotta find that shit again. My treadmill has a layer of dust on it that is clearly visible (yeah I run on a treadmill - it's 1,000 degrees in FL so bite me. HAHA). I am back up around 250 and white as a ghost. I look like a fuckin Beluga whale.

I'm a little frustrated and a little disappointed in myself. Time to step my game up....

Oh yeah - I almost forgot to remind everyone that regardless of whatever else is going on, my quit is still badass. Most of you know that I have a very high opinion of my quit. Deservedly so....it's the Ghengis Khan of quits and I shout about it from the rooftops. I'm on point at all times in it's protection.
Come on Brother I know you are stronger than this. STOP BEING A PUSSY!! lol Don't make me drive to Florida and put you through some Boot Camp style kick your ass quittercise. I was married for six years before I got divorced and was in a funk for two years after. Finally I said fuck it. If only I could have killed the can back then I would be more bad ass than I am now. If you need some motivation, I will give you some MOTHERFUCKING MOTIVATION!! Get your ass off the couch start running and don't quit until you are more worn out than Gmanns vagina. if I didn't live so far I would run with you to keep your mind off of the funk. The last part of your post gave me a raging quit erection. I'm talking bust the zipper on the front of my pants erection....Stay Quit Trooper!!
I fuckin love KStamp... not in ghey way of course (I don't think...).....not that there's anything wrong with that......GMANN's beat down vagina..... HAHAHAHAHA
Morgan you ARE one bad ass quitter don't get down on yourself nothing wrong with pussy. I like it! Remember quitting is one hell of a thing to tackle and you are winning when you can handle other things you will!
the combination of exercise and your quit will make you feel better. for me starting is always the hardest part, once I get going cruise control baby. My whole life was on off exercise, but with this quit I decided to take better care of my body as well. I walk every morning. it helps me focus and clear my mind.
proud to be quit with you!!
we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2012, 05:14:00 AM »
Day 76 report....

Feeling great about not dipping. Not so much about everything else. Eating like shit, drinking too much beer, not getting enough sleep, not being outdoors, putting on weight. Last couple of weeks my divorce had me feeling down for the first time in a while. Funk? I don't know - I don't really believe in em.....I think "funk" is just a word to describe acting like a wuss over things.....but I seem to have all the signs.....Nope - it's just me being a pussy. Well....can't have that.

Dont misconstrue this post as whining - it isn't. I've just had my head up my ass for a few weeks. Gotta put the same resolve into the rest of my life as I have been putting into my quit. This time last summer I lost 12 lbs in about a month. Working out. Running. I was motivated. Gotta find that shit again. My treadmill has a layer of dust on it that is clearly visible (yeah I run on a treadmill - it's 1,000 degrees in FL so bite me. HAHA). I am back up around 250 and white as a ghost. I look like a fuckin Beluga whale.

I'm a little frustrated and a little disappointed in myself. Time to step my game up....

Oh yeah - I almost forgot to remind everyone that regardless of whatever else is going on, my quit is still badass. Most of you know that I have a very high opinion of my quit. Deservedly so....it's the Ghengis Khan of quits and I shout about it from the rooftops. I'm on point at all times in it's protection.
Come on Brother I know you are stronger than this. STOP BEING A PUSSY!! lol Don't make me drive to Florida and put you through some Boot Camp style kick your ass quittercise. I was married for six years before I got divorced and was in a funk for two years after. Finally I said fuck it. If only I could have killed the can back then I would be more bad ass than I am now. If you need some motivation, I will give you some MOTHERFUCKING MOTIVATION!! Get your ass off the couch start running and don't quit until you are more worn out than Gmanns vagina. if I didn't live so far I would run with you to keep your mind off of the funk. The last part of your post gave me a raging quit erection. I'm talking bust the zipper on the front of my pants erection....Stay Quit Trooper!!
I fuckin love KStamp... not in ghey way of course (I don't think...).....not that there's anything wrong with that......GMANN's beat down vagina..... HAHAHAHAHA
Morgan you ARE one bad ass quitter don't get down on yourself nothing wrong with pussy. I like it! Remember quitting is one hell of a thing to tackle and you are winning when you can handle other things you will!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2012, 10:19:00 PM »
Day 76 report....