Author Topic: Just Quit! Help?1?  (Read 5407 times)

Offline Menace

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Just Quit! Help?1?
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2014, 04:11:00 PM »
Josh,

I think you are making the right decision to get right back to your quit but I think you need to also examine some deeper issues if what you said was true. You continued to smoke marijuana until it destroyed your marriage? Wow, that might be an issue and there are so many complexities that could be involved as to why you would do that, I would suggest professional assistance with that matter. You do realize that smoking marijuana is worse for your health or at least as bad then cigarettes correct? It also causes cancer and the tar in a joint is 20x worse then a cigarette. I wish you all the best with your quit if you are serious but get some help bro.........
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2014, 03:54:00 PM »
Quote from: jdubthe2nd
What happened was my wife left. I was stressed an anxious and I felt like I had nothing. then comes along my neighbor with his pack of smokes. it'll calm ya down he said. I believed it. I didn't reach out because KTC was nowhere on my mind, only losing my woman. I had your numbers on my old phone. I guess I could have gotten them again off of here. I let my sorrow and stress overcome me and I broke. this time I will remain active in KTC and stay accountable with you all, and USE the contacts I've made. I'm sorry gents, I let you and me down.
Josh,
Welcome back from the clutches of nicotine, hopefully this time for good. You didn't indicate above but did the smoke really help? Were you not overcome with the feeling of absolute failure from ending your quit and gambling your life to nicotine again? Sorry to hear about your loss but remember it is not the circumstances that make the man but the way in which they deal with the circumstance.

Sucks bro because you got phone numbers and many people you could talk to about all kinds of shit. I hope you can come back with a vengeance and this time be consistent with your posting and be a pillar of the KTC community.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline jdubthe2nd

• Quitter
  • Interests: God, Guitars, and Games
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2014, 03:43:00 PM »
What happened was my wife left. I was stressed an anxious and I felt like I had nothing. then comes along my neighbor with his pack of smokes. it'll calm ya down he said. I believed it. I didn't reach out because KTC was nowhere on my mind, only losing my woman. I had your numbers on my old phone. I guess I could have gotten them again off of here. I let my sorrow and stress overcome me and I broke. this time I will remain active in KTC and stay accountable with you all, and USE the contacts I've made. I'm sorry gents, I let you and me down.
"Never tell me the odds!" - Han Solo

HOF 2/27/2014

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2014, 03:41:00 PM »
sorry to hear it. Sad. I hope you can do it now. Stay involved man, you slipped a long time ago and recognized it. Trust your instinct to protect your quit.

You did have my number, too.
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Restoring my 220 year old house. I don't have any other interest because I no longer have time for such things.
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2014, 12:57:00 PM »
Quote from: wastepanel
I guess. I wasn't able to log on when that happened and it took a little bit for the mods to let me on, for some reason I was blocked. I just ended up not coming back
So you didn't see all the announcements we made and even the alternative roles that were started?

Why didn't you reach out to anybody?
Hey brother, you had my number and my support and you just drifted off the map. I actually know quite a few peeps that you had numbers for that you could have contacted.

What are you going to do differently this time, what is your plan? Obviously if you do the same thing again you're going to end up at the same place so something needs to change, right? I'm not trying to be a dick here but please answer the three questions Marine:

1- what happen?
2- why did it happen?
3- what will be different this time?

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2014, 12:01:00 PM »
Join your boy cpoz in January. Answer the three questions. You know the drill.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2014, 12:00:00 PM »
I guess. I wasn't able to log on when that happened and it took a little bit for the mods to let me on, for some reason I was blocked. I just ended up not coming back
So you didn't see all the announcements we made and even the alternative roles that were started?

Why didn't you reach out to anybody?
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2014, 11:53:00 AM »
Hey man,
That sucks. Your group is hitting a year quit right now. It seems you understand the importance of being here and being active and posting roll. Get your day one posted with your new group and answer the 3 questions for your new group and for January 14. Your post about caving was at least a humble cry for help so I can and want to help you if I can. I just hope you are serious and strong enough. It sounds like you are going through a tough time. But at least you realize nicotine isn't making anything better.

Offline jdubthe2nd

• Quitter
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2014, 11:48:00 AM »

HOF 2/27/2014

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2014, 11:42:00 AM »
When the website changed? Like when we installed the new boards?
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline jdubthe2nd

• Quitter
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2014, 11:39:00 AM »
I caved. I originally quit on Nov 20 2013. and I caved last week. after the website changed, I ended up not coming back. I lasted a while. well I have a problem with stopping smoking pot. my wife gave me the ultimatum of pot or her many times. I didn't stop. I lied about it, spent money we needed. she left. we are separated to be divorced in a year. So, for some reason, I chose nicotine. and I regret it immensely. what I can do differently is remain accountable to you all. I need you guys. I have nobody now. I'm living in my wife's home state and I know nobody here. I want to die.

HOF 2/27/2014

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2014, 10:07:00 PM »
Brother Jdub, you don't owe me an apology. you know what, enough said.

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2014, 09:29:00 PM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
I owe all of you an apology. No, I did not cave or anything like that. But I really had meant to be more active on the site. Many of you know the situation I am in and have had to deal with recently, and it has been difficult to try and be a part of it all. I had felt and still feel very strongly about what the KTC is all about and I love to help out in whatever way I can. I am here to just tell you guys now, that through this next 200, I am making it a point to give more time to you all and get even more involved with the
site and support of the pre hofs. And when I get some things settled, I would like to help with spreadsheets or whatever needs to be done. I just felt bad, like all of you have helped so much. And I know I have been dealing with crazy shit, but I feel the need to pick up the slack. I told all of you that I am here for you and your quit, and I have been. But now you will be able to notice it. You are all like a second family. I don't have any friends here in NC and I won't be going back to fl, so it's good to have some folks to hear from.

Anyway, please let me know if I can help any of you. Pm for my number. And if anyone is in NC, let me know if people are meeting up. And my wife got me a HOF coin, so thats whats up.
Your quit is about you. You help others when you are able.

Great thoughts from you and I'm proud to quit with you.
^^^ what Claws says x2
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2014, 09:27:00 PM »
I owe all of you an apology. No, I did not cave or anything like that. But I really had meant to be more active on the site. Many of you know the situation I am in and have had to deal with recently, and it has been difficult to try and be a part of it all. I had felt and still feel very strongly about what the KTC is all about and I love to help out in whatever way I can. I am here to just tell you guys now, that through this next 200, I am making it a point to give more time to you all and get even more involved with the
site and support of the pre hofs. And when I get some things settled, I would like to help with spreadsheets or whatever needs to be done. I just felt bad, like all of you have helped so much. And I know I have been dealing with crazy shit, but I feel the need to pick up the slack. I told all of you that I am here for you and your quit, and I have been. But now you will be able to notice it. You are all like a second family. I don't have any friends here in NC and I won't be going back to fl, so it's good to have some folks to hear from.

Anyway, please let me know if I can help any of you. Pm for my number. And if anyone is in NC, let me know if people are meeting up. And my wife got me a HOF coin, so thats whats up.
Your quit is about you. You help others when you are able.

Great thoughts from you and I'm proud to quit with you.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline jdubthe2nd

• Quitter
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2014, 06:04:00 PM »

HOF 2/27/2014