Author Topic: Just Quit! Help?1?  (Read 5410 times)

Offline jdubthe2nd

• Quitter
  • Interests: God, Guitars, and Games
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Just Quit! Help?1?
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2013, 10:59:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched

Josh,
Do what works for you. I swore by the fake dip because it helped me. I have had a sealed can of it in my pocket every day for the last four weeks, just in case. Unfortunately the real shit is so easy to come by that I prepare for a craving.

Cinnamon candies are my new bitch. I am here with you brother, you get pissed and want to vent call me up I love a quit ass chewing contest.
Yea, I know it's my decision. and many people are telling me what i expected, 2 different things lol. some say it makes em wanna cave, some swear by it. my wife seems more apprehensive about it than i, but i do wonder. i reckon i'll pick up some cinnamon candies as well. i'm gonna give the smokey mountain a try....if i dont like it, then i wont use it, if i do i guess thats good too. I just hope it doesn't make me crave for dip any more than usual. I like gum and peppermints as well. but i end up eating a lot of em...was thinkin maybe the fake shit would last a bit...and maybe it would taste bad and make me not wanna dip lol. I guess i'll just have to see for myself. And Corey, man, i don't say this lightly, you've been a huge inspiration for me to keep going, every post i throw up, you've got something to say, something positive. You were the first one to really reach out to me, and I count on you to stay quit so i know we can all do it. not just a few. all of us, if we put forth the effort.

Unfortunately for you, Im not the typical marine, I'm a lover and a mediator most times. But...maybe, just maybe, the rage will get me in the mood one day, and we'll have a good laugh.
"Never tell me the odds!" - Han Solo

HOF 2/27/2014

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2013, 10:49:00 PM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: jdubthe2nd
Today was tough. Yelled at by a gunny for shit that has nothing to do with me or my marines, found out christmas leave has been yanked. and the regular 4 days off for christmas is now 3, usually just a day tacked on to a weekend. wife is upset, was craving, got the rage, couldnt get to place by myself. the anger started to leak and my wife was in an even more foul mood because of it and all the papers she was grading.
But i'm feelin better now that i'm back home and on the site, seeing new guys come in and the vets taking care of everyone lifts my spirits. its an inspiration that people stay on this site, for we all know the addiction is never actually over. we will have to promise ourselves to be quit everyday until we die, even if some of us stop using the site. I bought some of that smokey mountain ive been hearing about. kinda apprehensive about using it...making me think that it might lead me back to the real whore. and when i told my wife, she snapped at me (because she was thinking the same)....and i thats when i started getting defensive and mad. But i have it just in case, for that emergency crave.
One thing that constantly amazes me, even after being quit for 551 is how different you cam feel one day to the next.

You might have had a tough shitty day today, but tomorrow you could feel like a million bucks. Don't let one bad day effect you so much. Accept it, brush it off, and move on.

We had bad days even when we dipped. I had a hard time convincing myself of that when I first quit, as I glorified the hell out of my dipping days...as if every day was just perfect when I dipped. Total bullshit.

As for the Smokey mountain, I hate to tell anybody what fo do about fake. For me personally I did use it for a week or two but didn't like it because...it wasn't dip and it had no nicotine it. It was like drinking odools.

However, others swear by it. Whatever it takes to keep the shit out your lip, is all that matters.

Stay strong and look forward to tomorrow being a better day.
Josh,
Do what works for you. I swore by the fake dip because it helped me. I have had a sealed can of it in my pocket every day for the last four weeks, just in case. Unfortunately the real shit is so easy to come by that I prepare for a craving.

Cinnamon candies are my new bitch. I am here with you brother, you get pissed and want to vent call me up I love a quit ass chewing contest.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2013, 10:41:00 PM »
Today was tough. Yelled at by a gunny for shit that has nothing to do with me or my marines, found out christmas leave has been yanked. and the regular 4 days off for christmas is now 3, usually just a day tacked on to a weekend. wife is upset, was craving, got the rage, couldnt get to place by myself. the anger started to leak and my wife was in an even more foul mood because of it and all the papers she was grading.
But i'm feelin better now that i'm back home and on the site, seeing new guys come in and the vets taking care of everyone lifts my spirits. its an inspiration that people stay on this site, for we all know the addiction is never actually over. we will have to promise ourselves to be quit everyday until we die, even if some of us stop using the site. I bought some of that smokey mountain ive been hearing about. kinda apprehensive about using it...making me think that it might lead me back to the real whore. and when i told my wife, she snapped at me (because she was thinking the same)....and i thats when i started getting defensive and mad. But i have it just in case, for that emergency crave.
One thing that constantly amazes me, even after being quit for 551 is how different you cam feel one day to the next.

You might have had a tough shitty day today, but tomorrow you could feel like a million bucks. Don't let one bad day effect you so much. Accept it, brush it off, and move on.

We had bad days even when we dipped. I had a hard time convincing myself of that when I first quit, as I glorified the hell out of my dipping days...as if every day was just perfect when I dipped. Total bullshit.

As for the Smokey mountain, I hate to tell anybody what fo do about fake. For me personally I did use it for a week or two but didn't like it because...it wasn't dip and it had no nicotine it. It was like drinking odools.

However, others swear by it. Whatever it takes to keep the shit out your lip, is all that matters.

Stay strong and look forward to tomorrow being a better day.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2013, 10:01:00 PM »
Brother I used smokey mountain from day 3 until about day 60. It didn't lead me back to the nic bitch. It was a tool that I used early on to stay quit. Use anything you can to stay quit. I didn't purposely say I was going to stop using smokey mountain. It just happened. I grew tired of it and here I sit at day 201 and havent used any herbal stuff since day 60. But I will tell you that I still use sunflower seeds somewhat regularly. I dont see anything wrong with it. As long as it isnt poison use whatever you need to use. My point of this post is use what you have to use to stay quit. Aint no shame in using smokey mountain. It helped me. I quit with you brother today.
Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline jdubthe2nd

• Quitter
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2013, 09:44:00 PM »

HOF 2/27/2014

Offline Dave1903

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-10-25
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2013, 01:02:00 PM »
DAMN I LOVE THIS FUCKIN SITE! I can't seem to get off of here, and it's awesome. I keep thanking God that I found this and for all these Quitters. Who the hell said Quitters never Win? Not in this instance. Soakin up all the info I can, readin the HOF speeches, no matter how long, they're all worth it. Each one a testimony that we can defeat our addiction. Looking to find out how to set up links and such in the chat so I can direct newbies like myself in an easy fashion that wont confuse them. I know I was confused about roll call the first time i read about it...the Fog didnt help either. lol. Thinking of the day I get to write my HOF speech is like thinking about christmas coming, yea, its a ways down the road, but damn are you excited for it. 1DAAT.
This one hell of a thing to be addicted to I also cant get of this site i will go off of the site for a little while then i am back it again.
The nic is a bitch, but it's gone one day at a time.

Offline jdubthe2nd

• Quitter
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2013, 12:57:00 PM »
DAMN I LOVE THIS FUCKIN SITE! I can't seem to get off of here, and it's awesome. I keep thanking God that I found this and for all these Quitters. Who the hell said Quitters never Win? Not in this instance. Soakin up all the info I can, readin the HOF speeches, no matter how long, they're all worth it. Each one a testimony that we can defeat our addiction. Looking to find out how to set up links and such in the chat so I can direct newbies like myself in an easy fashion that wont confuse them. I know I was confused about roll call the first time i read about it...the Fog didnt help either. lol. Thinking of the day I get to write my HOF speech is like thinking about christmas coming, yea, its a ways down the road, but damn are you excited for it. 1DAAT.

HOF 2/27/2014

Offline jdubthe2nd

• Quitter
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2013, 11:07:00 AM »
Quote from: Minny

Welcome home and good work! Keep active on your intro post as a way to continue weaving that accountability.

*salute*
Just wanted you to know, I wasn't in Afghanistan with them, I was the remaining behind element. Don't want any credit where I have earned none. But thank you.

HOF 2/27/2014

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2013, 11:06:00 AM »
Quote from: ihatecope
Josh, Keep on swinging punches at the nic bitch. You know I'm in your corner. You probably feel real weak right now and maybe your mind is playing cave tricks on you also but I'm telling you that every day, every hour, every minute, every second you deny nicotine you are getting stronger both physically and mentally. I’m proud to be quit with you.  P.S. Feel free to send any sunny Florida beach and palm trees pictures my way.
I know you are, and many others. That's what brings me more strength to give the 'Finger' to nicotine. Last night was a rough one, flight from afghan returning, people trying to rush me an my marines turning in weapons...which, as the armory chief, i was pissed, how would you ever rush that shit!? Pinched probably knows what I mean. Accountability and all. anyway, these people had me pissed and i was trying to keep my cool and not let them get me frantic. I wanted a dip bad. So f...in bad, but i knew that I could not face the shame of coming here and sayin i caved, or trying to lie to myself and post roll anyway or any of that shit. If anyone else is reading this, know that your Quit is centered around YOU. You have to want to stay Quit more than the people in your life want you Quit.
I've not been on this site very long and I've got a nice list of numbers, and still looking for more, because of somebodys signature that i read, it was a quote i dont remember exactly, but went something like

"the bigger web of accountability I weave, The more legendary my failure will be"

And thats how I look at it. If I were to cave....I would be in despair, knowing I failed everyone that was rooting for me, and that I failed myself. One day at a time, as I'm learning, is a great path. You can say "I will never ever dip again" and lose sight of where you are going. It's that DAILY PROMISE that keeps us all out of the shit.
And if you're on a shit list, shameful and kinda lurkin around before you decide whether or not to come back and face us, Just FUCKING DO IT AND QUIT FOR REAL!

Sorry for the rant
....sorta.
Another victory story- nice work! You win again! Keep it up, you have a great quit going, and that makes me proud to quit with you!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2013, 11:05:00 AM »
Sorry for the rant
....sorta.
Rant away that is what this shit is for brother. Yes I know exactly what you mean, however I was one of those rushed Marines coming home from Afghan and wanting to drop my shit and run to the closest bar fro a drink then go get some tail. However, I was also the helmet wearing idiot stuffing cancerous shit into my lip at the same time.

None the less, you were the Chief that weapons were being returned to, you would have been in the right to get pissed and vocal.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2013, 11:05:00 AM »
Josh, Keep on swinging punches at the nic bitch. You know I'm in your corner. You probably feel real weak right now and maybe your mind is playing cave tricks on you also but I'm telling you that every day, every hour, every minute, every second you deny nicotine you are getting stronger both physically and mentally. I’m proud to be quit with you.  P.S. Feel free to send any sunny Florida beach and palm trees pictures my way.
I know you are, and many others. That's what brings me more strength to give the 'Finger' to nicotine. Last night was a rough one, flight from afghan returning, people trying to rush me an my marines turning in weapons...which, as the armory chief, i was pissed, how would you ever rush that shit!? Pinched probably knows what I mean. Accountability and all. anyway, these people had me pissed and i was trying to keep my cool and not let them get me frantic. I wanted a dip bad. So f...in bad, but i knew that I could not face the shame of coming here and sayin i caved, or trying to lie to myself and post roll anyway or any of that shit. If anyone else is reading this, know that your Quit is centered around YOU. You have to want to stay Quit more than the people in your life want you Quit.
I've not been on this site very long and I've got a nice list of numbers, and still looking for more, because of somebodys signature that i read, it was a quote i dont remember exactly, but went something like

"the bigger web of accountability I weave, The more legendary my failure will be"

And thats how I look at it. If I were to cave....I would be in despair, knowing I failed everyone that was rooting for me, and that I failed myself. One day at a time, as I'm learning, is a great path. You can say "I will never ever dip again" and lose sight of where you are going. It's that DAILY PROMISE that keeps us all out of the shit.
And if you're on a shit list, shameful and kinda lurkin around before you decide whether or not to come back and face us, Just FUCKING DO IT AND QUIT FOR REAL!

Sorry for the rant
....sorta.
Welcome home and good work! Keep active on your intro post as a way to continue weaving that accountability.

*salute*
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline jdubthe2nd

• Quitter
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2013, 10:58:00 AM »
Josh, Keep on swinging punches at the nic bitch. You know I'm in your corner. You probably feel real weak right now and maybe your mind is playing cave tricks on you also but I'm telling you that every day, every hour, every minute, every second you deny nicotine you are getting stronger both physically and mentally. IÂ’m proud to be quit with you. P.S. Feel free to send any sunny Florida beach and palm trees pictures my way.

Sorry for the rant
....sorta.

HOF 2/27/2014

Offline ihatecope

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family & Football
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2013, 10:38:00 AM »
Josh, Keep on swinging punches at the nic bitch. You know I'm in your corner. You probably feel real weak right now and maybe your mind is playing cave tricks on you also but I'm telling you that every day, every hour, every minute, every second you deny nicotine you are getting stronger both physically and mentally. IÂ’m proud to be quit with you. P.S. Feel free to send any sunny Florida beach and palm trees pictures my way.
Quit: Saturday Oct 26, 2013 @ 2:00 PM
HOF: February 2, 2014

Offline jdubthe2nd

• Quitter
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2013, 10:04:00 AM »
Thanks Corey, as i said before if i hadnt found this site, i wouldve never put the shit down. and I think we all believe in paying this forward. KTC doesn't work without the people who want to support each other. and really, a huge inspiration to me, and a giant goal, is those people who are sticking around for over the 1,000. and for those who are going through the suck and still refuse to quit Quitting.

HOF 2/27/2014

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2013, 09:47:00 AM »
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone thats been in contact with me. today is odd. I'm not craving, just got the returning fog, stomach is churning and I feel like my life has centered around where the nearest bathroom is, I'm not jokin when i say i've pulled off the side of the road in my cammies and shit in the woods. been puking and again, just feeling
like i'm in a dream. pounding water and gatorade. gets hard tho. Ive had to go see the corpsman a few times on a count of not being able to keep water down when i'm dehydrated (before i quit) and had to have Iv's put in. hope it doesnt come to that. its freezing in that bitch.
Josh, you are a great addition to KTC. You use text, you post more than the minimum around here and you help others out.

I will always be here to help you in any way. Believe it or not a lot of what you are experiencing is normal. For so many years your addiction to tobacco caused your body to change. When you quit cold turkey beyond your body going through the "changes" you also weaken your immune defense system and this time of year as seasons change that can be bad.

Pull through it and when or if you need me call or text. If this was easy anyone could do it!