Author Topic: Manning Up  (Read 5594 times)

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Manning Up
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2013, 01:01:00 PM »
Quote from: mogul
OH boy, My wife just read my "Family Rules". Now Im in trouble and she thinks I'm "SICK".

I asked her if we could still be cousins? :o
'crackup'

I get in trouble all the time!
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2013, 11:09:00 PM »
OH boy, My wife just read my "Family Rules". Now Im in trouble and she thinks I'm "SICK".

I asked her if we could still be cousins? :o

Offline georgehayduke

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain Biking, Golf, Chicago Bears, Chicago White Sox, Hiking
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2013, 09:35:00 PM »
Good to hear the fog was thin for you today. Was definitely a little hazy for me. I hadn't really tried the seeds until this afternoon and they were a great boost. Brought be back to my high school baseball days, at least while the coaches were watching. So, I am all for the seeds, and love Mogul's Family Rules!

Offline DerikR

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, Camping, Skiing, Craft Beer
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2013, 06:22:00 PM »
Today has been great. The fog was fairly thin today, so class went more smoothly than normal. I got in a great workout along with 2 miles after class, twice what I usually run. I also got a lot of work done around the house. Not going to let my guard down, but it's nice to have a good day after a particularly tough one.

Grizzly, I have my seeds on me full time. However, in the auditorium where the musical was held there is a strict no food or drink policy so I had to leave them in the car. And Mogul, I love the family rules 'crackup'

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2013, 10:28:00 PM »
The Family Rules:

1) Always ask for forgiveness, never for permission
2) Never ask for permission
3) Always ask for forgiveness
4) Family are like fish, After 2 days they start to stink
5) It's hard to leave your loved ones and go home to your family (Airline special there)
6) Family can suck, family can rock, but like one night stands, they should only stay 1 night.
7) Sisters which are also second cousins might be fun to hang out with.????
8) Third cousins are just like strangers and are fair game, just like sisters.
9) Don't let Grandma catch you repeating number 8
10) Grandma is not off limits if your game is that bad.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2013, 09:40:00 PM »
Keep the seeds in your pocket at all times. I won't hesitate to pop in a seed unless I'm mid conversation. When I crave i pop a seed. I'm craving a lot. It's like a giant hole in the very soul of my being. But I realize it's a nasty dirty trick being played upon me. I am simply a pawn. Question is will I pay $5 a day to ensure an early death, or will I forgo killing myself and focus on being alive. Life is more enjoyable without nicotine usage for me. My senses are keener, I'm more intuitive, I do have trouble focusing right now, but confident that wil improve.

Fight through the cravings. And post that you quit early. Get your promise on the books early mornin. If you cave after that promise I'd be shocked. I'd say you're a lot more likely to cave before you make the promise. Post when you get up.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline DerikR

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, Camping, Skiing, Craft Beer
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2013, 07:51:00 PM »
Today I experienced the strongest crave of my quit. I woke up two hours earlier than normal to go to church with my family, so I started off grumpy due to lack of sleep. Their church is much different from mine and the sermon was aimed entirely toward donating to the church for their renovations, which worsened my mood. From there, I was dragged along as my sisters shopped for new dresses. All the while the Nic bitch was whispering in my ear.

From here we went to the high school to see my youngest sister perform in the school musical. At this point the cravings were driving me crazy. With the help of some sound advice from Mogul, I decided my quit takes top priority and ducked out of the auditorium to get some seeds and water. My decision wasn't too popular with my family, but they are having a hard time understanding just how difficult dealing with nicotine addiction is. I would rather ask for their forgiveness later than try to fight through a tough crave without all available resources.

I can handle the White Sox Finny, the Big Hurt was one of my favorite players growing up.

Offline Finny

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hockey, running, fantasy football, endurance training, psychology.
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2013, 06:56:00 PM »
Hey Derrek,

No worries I am a huge white sox fan - so we are in the clear there. Unfortunately, the sox are just about as bad as the cubs these days, and the cards continue to reign supreme in the NL. I had a few siblings go through SLU so I am familiar with the area - had nothing but good times and a few too many budweisers ( and I'm a miller guy).

I would recommend using this or something as a journal. Tracking my days helped me realize where I was in my quit, and showed me that wha I was going through was normal for that stage. It is also great too look back to see the progress made.
Quit Date - 8/15/2013

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2013, 02:34:00 AM »
Quote from: DerikR
Made it through the day with only one minor craving. As I reached the front of the autograph line, the player absentmindedly "air packed" (you all know what I mean). As soon as I saw that I stuck my hand in my back pocket expecting a can to be there. The craving quickly passed, and when I mentioned it offhand to the player he laughed and said he recently quit too but still air packs out of habit.
On the bright side, I got his autograph and then went to the Apple Store and got my phone fixed :D
The beauty about addiction fed habits like that is when you reach your HOF and get to place that HOF coin in your pocket you will learn that it is twice as thick as a normal coin and that it works great for packing.

The even better part is that when you pack that coin real hard the inside edge of your finger hurts, further reminding you that you quit and the ape behavior can quit too.

Yes I have experienced this, yes I tap that coin in my pocket as though I was looking for the "tin". Happens more than I wish, but at least that thud from the coin reminds me to stay on track.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline DerikR

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2013, 12:00:00 AM »
Made it through the day with only one minor craving. As I reached the front of the autograph line, the player absentmindedly "air packed" (you all know what I mean). As soon as I saw that I stuck my hand in my back pocket expecting a can to be there. The craving quickly passed, and when I mentioned it offhand to the player he laughed and said he recently quit too but still air packs out of habit.
On the bright side, I got his autograph and then went to the Apple Store and got my phone fixed :D

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2013, 01:03:00 PM »
Quote from: DerikR
Last night went well, no cravings after having 4 beers at the bar. Being full-blooded German probably helps on that front. Last night was my best night of sleep since quitting and the fog is pretty dim, so I'm feeling great today. Gonna head up to the city for an autograph section with a Cardinals player, then back home for some college football. You guys have been awesome with your support; I will be on here during the games in case things get tough. Today I quit with all of you. Let's punch that Nic bitch right in the teeth.
If you had a good day, enjoy those days and remember the victory!

I am sure you have done this but just in case: Get some numbers programed into your phone. The days you feel the best. That cunt nicotine is going to punch you in the mouth.

Mike Tyson said, "Everyone always has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"

You might go to this signing and something will trigger a crave. When nic punches you in the mouth...Call your support! You will be knocked silly. You need to make that call so that you can have a standing 8 count and get back in the fight!

Be ready, the nic bitch is waiting for the opening to punch you in the mouth. Have a plan to not be impulsive. Call a brother.

I can't warn you enough. A Flash Flood craving will come. Be prepared. Don't get too cocky. Make that call when you get punched.

Check your PM and put me in your phone. DO IT NOW.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline DerikR

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2013, 11:25:00 AM »
Last night went well, no cravings after having 4 beers at the bar. Being full-blooded German probably helps on that front. Last night was my best night of sleep since quitting and the fog is pretty dim, so I'm feeling great today. Gonna head up to the city for an autograph section with a Cardinals player, then back home for some college football. You guys have been awesome with your support; I will be on here during the games in case things get tough. Today I quit with all of you. Let's punch that Nic bitch right in the teeth.

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2013, 09:29:00 AM »
Hope the 3-4 beers were tasty; I found no major problem with having a few drinks, but the big danger is if you get loaded. Keep quit Derik.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2013, 08:40:00 AM »
P.S. I'm sorta using this page as a journal to keep track of how each day goes, I hope y'all don't mind.

Thats what your intro is for my friend. Post away. You will want to look back in the future and see what progress you have made. Glad to be quit with you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline georgehayduke

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain Biking, Golf, Chicago Bears, Chicago White Sox, Hiking
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2013, 12:25:00 AM »
Excellent posts guys and good to hear the quit is going well. DerikR, I am a diehard Chicago Whitesox fan, so can appreciate the anti-Cubs talk!

Enjoy the night out tonight with GF. PM me or call/text if you need any support.

I also have a favorite attendant at the local gas station that I'll have to train to my new orders...