Author Topic: Time for a proper introduction  (Read 21210 times)

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Time for a proper introduction
« Reply #276 on: July 29, 2013, 11:35:00 AM »
Quote from: jbradley
Quote from: Scowick65
The Highly Effective Habits of the Nic-Bitch and Why Tomorrow means you Just Lost.

TRUTH: The only way the nic-bitch gets a hit of nicotine is if she can convince YOU to plan, obtain and ingest nicotine.  She has NO choices available.  Only YOU have free will, the power of Choice.

How does she win?  How does a cretin with no free will, no ability to obtain nicotine get it? 
1.  The Nic-Bitch is laser focused on TODAY.  TODAY is all that matters to her.  REPEAT, TODAY IS ALL THAT MATTERS TO HER. Nicotine use today = Victory. 
How do you counter?  You must focus only on TODAY.  Not next week’s test or tax season or whatever.  Today.

2.  The Nic-Bitch begins with the end in mind - Nicotine today. 
How do you counter?  The quitter MUST begin with the end in mind.  Each Today begins by Posting Roll ~ Begin the Today with a promise.  “I will not use nicotine Today”. 

3.  The Nic-Bitch offers fake Win-Win schemes.  She will whisper in your ear and will accept any scheme you come up with about the future if she gets today.  She is firm in her negotiations.  “Yes, the plan to quit tomorrow is a great plan.  Let’s get that can TODAY and enjoy, for tomorrow we genuinely strive to quit”. 
How do you counter?  Know that she is deceitful.  Know that she whispers.  Your ONLY way out is NO nicotine TODAY.  Period.  Her Win-Win schemes are false promises. 

4.  She seeks to further understand you.  She seeks to maintain a relationship.  She knows your weaknesses.  She knows if you like a dip mowing, fishing, while driving to work.  She will whisper in your ear while you are home alone.  She will ride shotgun on the way to work.  She will walk in the gas station with you and stand next to the counter of multi-color death cans.
How do you counter?  Read, Read and Read this site.  Many have kicked her ass daily.  Learn from them.  Know your weaknesses.  Anticipate.  Any by all means, hate her with vengeance.  She seeks to understand you to exploit you and for no other reason.  She is evil.
Amen brother!

'worship'
Another great read NEWBIES and all for that matter read this post...quit wood from this post
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline jbradley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #275 on: July 29, 2013, 11:10:00 AM »
The Highly Effective Habits of the Nic-Bitch and Why Tomorrow means you Just Lost.

TRUTH: The only way the nic-bitch gets a hit of nicotine is if she can convince YOU to plan, obtain and ingest nicotine. She has NO choices available. Only YOU have free will, the power of Choice.

How does she win? How does a cretin with no free will, no ability to obtain nicotine get it?
1. The Nic-Bitch is laser focused on TODAY. TODAY is all that matters to her. REPEAT, TODAY IS ALL THAT MATTERS TO HER. Nicotine use today = Victory.
How do you counter? You must focus only on TODAY. Not next weekÂ’s test or tax season or whatever. Today.

2. The Nic-Bitch begins with the end in mind - Nicotine today.
How do you counter? The quitter MUST begin with the end in mind. Each Today begins by Posting Roll ~ Begin the Today with a promise. “I will not use nicotine Today”.

3. The Nic-Bitch offers fake Win-Win schemes. She will whisper in your ear and will accept any scheme you come up with about the future if she gets today. She is firm in her negotiations. “Yes, the plan to quit tomorrow is a great plan. Let’s get that can TODAY and enjoy, for tomorrow we genuinely strive to quit”.
How do you counter? Know that she is deceitful. Know that she whispers. Your ONLY way out is NO nicotine TODAY. Period. Her Win-Win schemes are false promises.

4. She seeks to further understand you. She seeks to maintain a relationship. She knows your weaknesses. She knows if you like a dip mowing, fishing, while driving to work. She will whisper in your ear while you are home alone. She will ride shotgun on the way to work. She will walk in the gas station with you and stand next to the counter of multi-color death cans.
How do you counter? Read, Read and Read this site. Many have kicked her ass daily. Learn from them. Know your weaknesses. Anticipate. Any by all means, hate her with vengeance. She seeks to understand you to exploit you and for no other reason. She is evil.
Amen brother!

'worship'

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #274 on: July 29, 2013, 09:31:00 AM »

TRUTH: The only way the nic-bitch gets a hit of nicotine is if she can convince YOU to plan, obtain and ingest nicotine. She has NO choices available. Only YOU have free will, the power of Choice.

How does she win? How does a cretin with no free will, no ability to obtain nicotine get it?
1. The Nic-Bitch is laser focused on TODAY. TODAY is all that matters to her. REPEAT, TODAY IS ALL THAT MATTERS TO HER. Nicotine use today = Victory.
How do you counter? You must focus only on TODAY. Not next weekÂ’s test or tax season or whatever. Today.

2. The Nic-Bitch begins with the end in mind - Nicotine today.
How do you counter? The quitter MUST begin with the end in mind. Each Today begins by Posting Roll ~ Begin the Today with a promise. “I will not use nicotine Today”.

3. The Nic-Bitch offers fake Win-Win schemes. She will whisper in your ear and will accept any scheme you come up with about the future if she gets today. She is firm in her negotiations. “Yes, the plan to quit tomorrow is a great plan. Let’s get that can TODAY and enjoy, for tomorrow we genuinely strive to quit”.
How do you counter? Know that she is deceitful. Know that she whispers. Your ONLY way out is NO nicotine TODAY. Period. Her Win-Win schemes are false promises.

4. She seeks to further understand you. She seeks to maintain a relationship. She knows your weaknesses. She knows if you like a dip mowing, fishing, while driving to work. She will whisper in your ear while you are home alone. She will ride shotgun on the way to work. She will walk in the gas station with you and stand next to the counter of multi-color death cans.
How do you counter? Read, Read and Read this site. Many have kicked her ass daily. Learn from them. Know your weaknesses. Anticipate. Any by all means, hate her with vengeance. She seeks to understand you to exploit you and for no other reason. She is evil.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #273 on: July 27, 2013, 09:09:00 PM »
Copehater is the man. index.php?showtopic=3969

Thanks bro.

Offline Wild_Bill

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #272 on: July 26, 2013, 09:41:00 AM »
Sco,

Your radioactive decay is one of the best posts I have ever seen.

Should be a sticky. Spot fucking on, brother.
Quit Dip: August 12, 2011
Quit Cigs: October 1, 2009

veni, vici, cessavi

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #271 on: July 26, 2013, 09:29:00 AM »
Quote from: traumagnet

My Radioactive Decay

My new quit was highly unstable.  A high-energy brain so wired for nicotine and deprived of its drug that it was dangerous. Caution: Radioactive, Pure Hell, Rage, the Fog.

Soon I hit a half-life. More stable but still radioactive. Cravings, irritability, insomnia, fatigue, inability to concentrate, headaches and sore throats.
Then another half-life.  I moved on to doldrums, the blahs, and the blues.

On it went. Day after day. Half-life after half-life. 1st floor, 2nd floor, 3rd floor... More and more stable.  Less and less radioactive but never benign. The rate of decay was always predictable, yet impossible to predict.

You will always be an addict but you never have to be in danger again.

Post your promise.
Stay vigilant.
Protect your quit.
Refuse to cave.
another great post being a nuclear guy I get it...Keep strong bro you stay strong we all stay strong thanks for being here quit with you today
I'm RADIO ACTIVE
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #270 on: July 26, 2013, 09:11:00 AM »

My Radioactive Decay

My new quit was highly unstable. A high-energy brain so wired for nicotine and deprived of its drug that it was dangerous. Caution: Radioactive, Pure Hell, Rage, the Fog.

Soon I hit a half-life. More stable but still radioactive. Cravings, irritability, insomnia, fatigue, inability to concentrate, headaches and sore throats.
Then another half-life. I moved on to doldrums, the blahs, and the blues.

On it went. Day after day. Half-life after half-life. 1st floor, 2nd floor, 3rd floor... More and more stable. Less and less radioactive but never benign. The rate of decay was always predictable, yet impossible to predict.

Post your promise.
Stay vigilant.
Protect your quit.
Refuse to cave.
another great post being a nuclear guy I get it...Keep strong bro you stay strong we all stay strong thanks for being here quit with you today
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #269 on: July 26, 2013, 09:07:00 AM »

My Radioactive Decay

My new quit was highly unstable. A high-energy brain so wired for nicotine and deprived of its drug that it was dangerous. Caution: Radioactive, Pure Hell, Rage, the Fog.

Then another half-life. I moved on to doldrums, the blahs, and the blues.

On it went. Day after day. Half-life after half-life. 1st floor, 2nd floor, 3rd floor... More and more stable. Less and less radioactive but never benign. The rate of decay was always predictable, yet impossible to predict.

Post your promise.
Stay vigilant.
Protect your quit.
Refuse to cave.

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #268 on: July 17, 2013, 04:22:00 PM »
Quote from: Dougie
Quote from: duathman
Quote from: Ready
Quote from: Greg5280
Quote from: Mthomas3824
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: srans
Quote from: CBird65
Q: Why are KTC quitters so damn inflexible?

It usually goes something like this:  “Hey guys, Scowick here, I really need to do this.  I am going to try this time.  Try for me, my kids, my wife.  Any advice on trying to quit this time?  By the way, it will be difficult for me to post everyday.  Anyway, thanks in advance.  By the way, this site can use some improvement.  Sco.”

Kaaabooom!  The flames of hell burn.  Poor Scodaddy.  And on his very first post.

A: Addiction is inflexible.

The Law of Addiction States, “The administration of a drug to a drug addict will reestablish dependence on that drug.”  We did not write the law. We do not execute the law.  We simply know the law.  This means, by using nicotine once, the user either reverts to full-fledged use or must go through the full withdrawal process associated with quitting.  Most do not opt for the withdrawal.   Withdrawal sux.

I know, this inflexibility is incongruent with our American culture ~ “I'd like the pie heated and I don't want the ice cream on top, I want it on the side, and I'd like strawberry instead of vanilla if you have it, if not then no ice cream just whipped cream but only if it's real; if it's out of the can then nothing.” 
“Not even the pie”? 
“No, I want the pie, just not heated”.

Here, at KTC, the quit plan is not tweaked for unique and special butterflies.  We butterflies conform to the plan.  Why?  Because our addiction will not conform.  Our addiction is unyielding.
that's the fact Jack!

Every Damn Day
Thank you for not changing things for me. Thank you for being unyielding and letting me know the way it was going to be. Because of the Ktc way I'm quit today. I've been making a promise each and every damn day. That's 146 promises that I've kept and have every intention of making another promise tomorrow. I have to make this promise daily because I'm an addict. Thanks scowick.

If i did things my way i would be knuckle deep in a can of poison right now.
:wub:
This is GREAT shit for producing quit wood to go all day EDD. Great writing SCOdaddy!
Brilliant. I would like to meet Scowick face to face some day to say thanks for helping me understand how to quit.
'clap'

Excellent!!
Wisdom of the quit at it's finest.
One of the best things on this site! Well said Scodaddy
this needs to be pinned up top. I drink the kool-aid every day.
Love it, yeah I got a little quit wood for the first time I think. My way had me cave back in May. I thank God that this place is what it is, I feel like it took a lot for me to come back and admit my mistake honestly. I am here chugging the Kool-Aid with all of you now...bottoms up!

Offline Dougie

• Quitter
« Reply #267 on: July 17, 2013, 04:14:00 PM »
Quote from: duathman

It usually goes something like this:  “Hey guys, Scowick here, I really need to do this.  I am going to try this time.  Try for me, my kids, my wife.  Any advice on trying to quit this time?  By the way, it will be difficult for me to post everyday.  Anyway, thanks in advance.  By the way, this site can use some improvement.  Sco.”

Kaaabooom!  The flames of hell burn.  Poor Scodaddy.  And on his very first post.

The Law of Addiction States, “The administration of a drug to a drug addict will reestablish dependence on that drug.”  We did not write the law. We do not execute the law.  We simply know the law.  This means, by using nicotine once, the user either reverts to full-fledged use or must go through the full withdrawal process associated with quitting.  Most do not opt for the withdrawal.   Withdrawal sux.

I know, this inflexibility is incongruent with our American culture ~ “I'd like the pie heated and I don't want the ice cream on top, I want it on the side, and I'd like strawberry instead of vanilla if you have it, if not then no ice cream just whipped cream but only if it's real; if it's out of the can then nothing.” 
“Not even the pie”? 

Here, at KTC, the quit plan is not tweaked for unique and special butterflies.  We butterflies conform to the plan.  Why?  Because our addiction will not conform.  Our addiction is unyielding.
that's the fact Jack!

Every Damn Day
Thank you for not changing things for me. Thank you for being unyielding and letting me know the way it was going to be. Because of the Ktc way I'm quit today. I've been making a promise each and every damn day. That's 146 promises that I've kept and have every intention of making another promise tomorrow. I have to make this promise daily because I'm an addict. Thanks scowick.

This is GREAT shit for producing quit wood to go all day EDD. Great writing SCOdaddy!
Brilliant. I would like to meet Scowick face to face some day to say thanks for helping me understand how to quit.
'clap'

Excellent!!
this needs to be pinned up top. I drink the kool-aid every day.

Offline duathman

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 6-5-2013
  • Interests: Running, cycling
  • Likes Given: 216
« Reply #266 on: July 17, 2013, 01:14:00 PM »

“Not even the pie”? 

that's the fact Jack!

Every Damn Day

'clap'

Excellent!!

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #265 on: July 10, 2013, 12:57:00 PM »

“Not even the pie”? 

that's the fact Jack!

Every Damn Day

'clap'

Excellent!!

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #264 on: July 10, 2013, 12:10:00 PM »

“Not even the pie”? 

that's the fact Jack!

Every Damn Day

'clap'

Excellent!!

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #263 on: July 10, 2013, 11:59:00 AM »

“Not even the pie”? 

that's the fact Jack!

Every Damn Day

Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #262 on: July 10, 2013, 11:58:00 AM »

“Not even the pie”? 

that's the fact Jack!

Every Damn Day

As I am sure everyone else here has.... I've tried so many versions of my own way to quit and failed miserably! NEVER have I made it past a week on my own! I posted day 52 here today and it is because of the support and accountability we assholes offer each other! I'll take this group of supporters over any other method everyday of the week! Rock on!