Author Topic: Time for a proper introduction  (Read 21211 times)

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Time for a proper introduction
« Reply #261 on: July 10, 2013, 11:50:00 AM »
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: srans
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: Scowick65
Q: Why are KTC quitters so damn inflexible?

It usually goes something like this:  “Hey guys, Scowick here, I really need to do this.  I am going to try this time.  Try for me, my kids, my wife.  Any advice on trying to quit this time?  By the way, it will be difficult for me to post everyday.  Anyway, thanks in advance.  By the way, this site can use some improvement.  Sco.”

Kaaabooom!  The flames of hell burn.  Poor Scodaddy.  And on his very first post.

A: Addiction is inflexible.

The Law of Addiction States, “The administration of a drug to a drug addict will reestablish dependence on that drug.”  We did not write the law. We do not execute the law.  We simply know the law.  This means, by using nicotine once, the user either reverts to full-fledged use or must go through the full withdrawal process associated with quitting.  Most do not opt for the withdrawal.   Withdrawal sux.

I know, this inflexibility is incongruent with our American culture ~ “I'd like the pie heated and I don't want the ice cream on top, I want it on the side, and I'd like strawberry instead of vanilla if you have it, if not then no ice cream just whipped cream but only if it's real; if it's out of the can then nothing.” 
“Not even the pie”? 
“No, I want the pie, just not heated”.

Here, at KTC, the quit plan is not tweaked for unique and special butterflies.  We butterflies conform to the plan.  Why?  Because our addiction will not conform.  Our addiction is unyielding.
that's the fact Jack!

Every Damn Day
Thank you for not changing things for me. Thank you for being unyielding and letting me know the way it was going to be. Because of the Ktc way I'm quit today. I've been making a promise each and every damn day. That's 146 promises that I've kept and have every intention of making another promise tomorrow. I have to make this promise daily because I'm an addict. Thanks scowick.

If i did things my way i would be knuckle deep in a can of poison right now.
:wub:
This is GREAT shit for producing quit wood to go all day EDD. Great writing SCOdaddy!
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #260 on: July 10, 2013, 10:17:00 AM »
Quote from: srans

It usually goes something like this:  “Hey guys, Scowick here, I really need to do this.  I am going to try this time.  Try for me, my kids, my wife.  Any advice on trying to quit this time?  By the way, it will be difficult for me to post everyday.  Anyway, thanks in advance.  By the way, this site can use some improvement.  Sco.”

Kaaabooom!  The flames of hell burn.  Poor Scodaddy.  And on his very first post.

The Law of Addiction States, “The administration of a drug to a drug addict will reestablish dependence on that drug.”  We did not write the law. We do not execute the law.  We simply know the law.  This means, by using nicotine once, the user either reverts to full-fledged use or must go through the full withdrawal process associated with quitting.  Most do not opt for the withdrawal.   Withdrawal sux.

I know, this inflexibility is incongruent with our American culture ~ “I'd like the pie heated and I don't want the ice cream on top, I want it on the side, and I'd like strawberry instead of vanilla if you have it, if not then no ice cream just whipped cream but only if it's real; if it's out of the can then nothing.” 
“Not even the pie”? 

Here, at KTC, the quit plan is not tweaked for unique and special butterflies.  We butterflies conform to the plan.  Why?  Because our addiction will not conform.  Our addiction is unyielding.
that's the fact Jack!

Every Damn Day
Thank you for not changing things for me. Thank you for being unyielding and letting me know the way it was going to be. Because of the Ktc way I'm quit today. I've been making a promise each and every damn day. That's 146 promises that I've kept and have every intention of making another promise tomorrow. I have to make this promise daily because I'm an addict. Thanks scowick.

:wub:
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #259 on: July 10, 2013, 09:30:00 AM »

The Law of Addiction States, “The administration of a drug to a drug addict will reestablish dependence on that drug.”  We did not write the law. We do not execute the law.  We simply know the law.  This means, by using nicotine once, the user either reverts to full-fledged use or must go through the full withdrawal process associated with quitting.  Most do not opt for the withdrawal.  Withdrawal sux.

“Not even the pie”? 

that's the fact Jack!

Every Damn Day

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
« Reply #258 on: July 10, 2013, 09:11:00 AM »

The Law of Addiction States, “The administration of a drug to a drug addict will reestablish dependence on that drug.”  We did not write the law. We do not execute the law.  We simply know the law.  This means, by using nicotine once, the user either reverts to full-fledged use or must go through the full withdrawal process associated with quitting.  Most do not opt for the withdrawal.  Withdrawal sux.

“Not even the pie”? 

that's the fact Jack!

Every Damn Day
Sco is not only a cool, badass quitter, but he has a fantastic Lepidoptera collection!
Watch out for those pins.

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #257 on: July 10, 2013, 08:16:00 AM »

It usually goes something like this: “Hey guys, Scowick here, I really need to do this. I am going to try this time. Try for me, my kids, my wife. Any advice on trying to quit this time? By the way, it will be difficult for me to post everyday. Anyway, thanks in advance. By the way, this site can use some improvement. Sco.”

Kaaabooom! The flames of hell burn. Poor Scodaddy. And on his very first post.

The Law of Addiction States, “The administration of a drug to a drug addict will reestablish dependence on that drug.” We did not write the law. We do not execute the law. We simply know the law. This means, by using nicotine once, the user either reverts to full-fledged use or must go through the full withdrawal process associated with quitting. Most do not opt for the withdrawal. Withdrawal sux.

“Not even the pie”?

Here, at KTC, the quit plan is not tweaked for unique and special butterflies. We butterflies conform to the plan. Why? Because our addiction will not conform. Our addiction is unyielding.
that's the fact Jack!

Every Damn Day
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #256 on: July 10, 2013, 07:55:00 AM »

It usually goes something like this: “Hey guys, Scowick here, I really need to do this. I am going to try this time. Try for me, my kids, my wife. Any advice on trying to quit this time? By the way, it will be difficult for me to post everyday. Anyway, thanks in advance. By the way, this site can use some improvement. Sco.”

Kaaabooom! The flames of hell burn. Poor Scodaddy. And on his very first post.

The Law of Addiction States, “The administration of a drug to a drug addict will reestablish dependence on that drug.” We did not write the law. We do not execute the law. We simply know the law. This means, by using nicotine once, the user either reverts to full-fledged use or must go through the full withdrawal process associated with quitting. Most do not opt for the withdrawal. Withdrawal sux.

“Not even the pie”?

Here, at KTC, the quit plan is not tweaked for unique and special butterflies. We butterflies conform to the plan. Why? Because our addiction will not conform. Our addiction is unyielding.

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #255 on: July 06, 2013, 10:23:00 AM »
Quote from: ERDVM
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Quote from: Coach
Quote from: jhaenel23
Quote from: Souliman
Quote from: tgafish
Quote from: kana
A new quitter asked me a question, a great question, via PM.

Q: Looking back, what is the greatest thing that quitting has given you?

A: Freedom.  I was a voluntary serf.  I self-imposed slave to my own addiction.  I no longer even enjoyed dipping, I simply did it to refrain from withdrawal.  I now value my freedom so much I wlll never dip again.

What say you?  Looking back, what is the greatest thing that quitting has given you?
freedom YES, self respect ABSOLUTELY. But most of all, more time with my family.. don't squander opportunity..
Took the words right out of my mouth brother. Freedom from slavery. Dipping completely consumed my life. I either had one in or was thinking about the next one to go in every waking moment. Always had to make sure I had it around or had a way to get it. Work meetings, dinner out, movies, travel. All of these things took forethought as to how I could do them and still feed my addiction. My freedom is the thingthat keeps me quit
I like the guy in the mirror now.
Absolutely without question....Time with my Family!
All of the above....with the added bonus of not having to run my tongue over raw gum tissue that desperately needs to heal, and then packing a lip full of poison on that same raw gum tissue despite the burn and pain it caused.
Freedom, bravery, and the confidence to be the person I was always meant to be. Not having to peel off the skin from the inside of my lip every morning is a plus too.
HJLF?

'BanDog'
What Souliman said!
and Life is real for the first time for me.
HJLFedness indeed.... :ph43r:
No longer being a slave just feeding an addiction. I ended up in the same place as you, I didn't enjoy it any more, I was just feeding my addiction despite tearing up my mouth. Freedom is a wonderful thing, no way will I give that up.
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline ERDVM

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Cold Beer, Warm Whiskey, Good Friends, Loose Women.
« Reply #254 on: July 05, 2013, 11:04:00 AM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff

A: Freedom.  I was a voluntary serf.  I self-imposed slave to my own addiction.  I no longer even enjoyed dipping, I simply did it to refrain from withdrawal.  I now value my freedom so much I wlll never dip again.

What say you?  Looking back, what is the greatest thing that quitting has given you?
freedom YES, self respect ABSOLUTELY. But most of all, more time with my family.. don't squander opportunity..
Took the words right out of my mouth brother. Freedom from slavery. Dipping completely consumed my life. I either had one in or was thinking about the next one to go in every waking moment. Always had to make sure I had it around or had a way to get it. Work meetings, dinner out, movies, travel. All of these things took forethought as to how I could do them and still feed my addiction. My freedom is the thingthat keeps me quit
All of the above....with the added bonus of not having to run my tongue over raw gum tissue that desperately needs to heal, and then packing a lip full of poison on that same raw gum tissue despite the burn and pain it caused.
Freedom, bravery, and the confidence to be the person I was always meant to be. Not having to peel off the skin from the inside of my lip every morning is a plus too.
HJLF?

'BanDog'
What Souliman said!
HJLFedness indeed.... :ph43r:

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #253 on: July 05, 2013, 10:26:00 AM »

HJLF?

'BanDog'
What Souliman said!
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
« Reply #252 on: July 05, 2013, 10:21:00 AM »

HJLF?

'BanDog'
Make Your Decision

Offline ERDVM

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Cold Beer, Warm Whiskey, Good Friends, Loose Women.
« Reply #251 on: July 05, 2013, 10:18:00 AM »

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #250 on: July 05, 2013, 10:14:00 AM »

Hands down,, FREEDOM!!!
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
« Reply #249 on: July 05, 2013, 10:10:00 AM »

Make Your Decision

Offline jhaenel23

• Quitter
  • Interests: Kicking the Nic Bitch's Ass every day!!Staying in the QUIT, And helping all of my KTC Brothers to do the same!!
« Reply #248 on: July 05, 2013, 10:05:00 AM »

Stay in the Q.U.I.T*********Fuck the NIC!!" Jhaenel23
"Freedom is like your Soul going Commando!" Scowick
"Losers always whine about their best, Winners go home and fuck the prom queen!!" John Mason
"If its too much trouble to post roll, You can always Fuck Off!!" J2B
HOF Speech
Sounds Of Madness
QUIT 10-22-12
HOF 1-29-13
Post with Da Jackwagins!!

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #247 on: July 05, 2013, 09:38:00 AM »