Author Topic: Time for a proper introduction  (Read 21205 times)

Offline omahaflyer

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3 Jan 2013
  • Interests: fish golf baseball
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Time for a proper introduction
« Reply #231 on: May 28, 2013, 09:58:00 AM »
Quote from: CBird65
900 'clap'
Excellent !
Memorial Stadium

Southeast: "In Commemoration of the men of Nebraska who served and fell in the Nation's Wars."
Southwest: "Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory."
Northwest: "Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."
Northeast: "Their Lives they held their country's trust; They kept its faith; They died its heroes."

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #230 on: May 28, 2013, 08:44:00 AM »
900 'clap'
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #229 on: April 11, 2013, 02:46:00 PM »
Quote from: Keddy
Quote from: redtrain14
Quote from: Ready
Quote from: per034
Quote from: Scowick65

How to strengthen a quit.

This weekend 20 to 30 quitters met in Savannah, GA.  We had a range of quit days from 200 or so days to a 6,000+ days.  I would hazard to guess we had at least 20,000 days of quit at this meet.  I would venture to say three or four of the quitters were instrumental in the formation of KTC. 

My observations were the following. 

Regardless of the days quit accrued everyone had something to offer.  Everyone.  Moreover, everyone left with a stronger quit.  I watched men that have been quit since the 90s get rejuvenated.  They looked forward posting Monday morning with friends that changed their life forever.   The nic bitch must have been shaken.

For me, most notably were my quiet observations of the women that came with their spouses.  Some had been to a meet before but some women were apprehensively coming to a meet for the first time.  I watched their apprehension melt away and a sense of comfort cross their face as they begin to realize that they were amongst a group of men and women that were determined to INVEST in people and insure that they too could turn a life of addiction into a life of freedom.  The joy in those women’s faces brings tears to my eye.  They knew their spouses were in the hands of the determined.

Put a stake in the ground.  Meet and invest in the fellowship of quit.  Attend a quit meet It is an investment that shall repay many times over.

I wish I knew who to credit but someone said, "If I knew quitting was this fun I would have quit a long time ago".  Well said friend.  Quit on.
Frickin Awesome Sco!!!

Nice race report as well
'worship' great shit Sco. Fantastic!!!
'clap' 'clap' 'clap'
Looks like a WOW post to me.

Well done my friend.
These guys have become almost like a second family to me.
Well put, Sco!!
I'm sorry I missed this back when you first posted it. I've been to this meet two years now, and I will attend every year that it continues. I agree that watching the spouses' reactions was truly an elightening thing. Most notably when Musicluvah sang his personal song that he wrote about KTC. Not a word was said. A silence fell over Scowick's back yard except for guitar melodies and a lone quitter's voice. As I was soaking up the words, I looked around the crowd and was deeply moved. Every quitter was focused on the song and emotionally involved with every word, gathering closer as a group. The spouses and friends sat or stood silently, seemingly in awe of the moment. Even though the words weren't as personal to them, they realized that we are all a part of something unbelievable. The whole weekend, but particularly those few minutes, are something that cannot be described. People were moved to tears.

If anybody reading this has not been to a get-together, you are missing out. I made a post a couple weeks before the meet described above, and it perfectly sums up why I do these meets. Read it in in Chewie's blog post here and hopefully you'll understand the value.

Scowick, I can't thank you enough. See you next year, my friend, if not before.

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #228 on: April 11, 2013, 01:58:00 PM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
1 problem + nicotine = 2 problems
Man I love that quote...I've shared it so many times in chat!!!!
Powerful stuff from a powerful quitter!!
You rock!! 'bang head'
Indeed he does. This quote is second only to his run-on sentence about method of nicotine delivery. That one is most awesome.

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #227 on: April 11, 2013, 01:12:00 PM »
Man I love that quote...I've shared it so many times in chat!!!!
Powerful stuff from a powerful quitter!!
You rock!! 'bang head'
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #226 on: April 09, 2013, 04:16:00 PM »

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #225 on: March 18, 2013, 02:17:00 PM »
Bump for some awesomeness
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
« Reply #224 on: February 04, 2013, 10:21:00 PM »
Quote from: redtrain14

This weekend 20 to 30 quitters met in Savannah, GA.  We had a range of quit days from 200 or so days to a 6,000+ days.  I would hazard to guess we had at least 20,000 days of quit at this meet.  I would venture to say three or four of the quitters were instrumental in the formation of KTC. 

Regardless of the days quit accrued everyone had something to offer.  Everyone.  Moreover, everyone left with a stronger quit.  I watched men that have been quit since the 90s get rejuvenated.  They looked forward posting Monday morning with friends that changed their life forever.   The nic bitch must have been shaken.

For me, most notably were my quiet observations of the women that came with their spouses.  Some had been to a meet before but some women were apprehensively coming to a meet for the first time.  I watched their apprehension melt away and a sense of comfort cross their face as they begin to realize that they were amongst a group of men and women that were determined to INVEST in people and insure that they too could turn a life of addiction into a life of freedom.  The joy in those women’s faces brings tears to my eye.  They knew their spouses were in the hands of the determined.

Put a stake in the ground.  Meet and invest in the fellowship of quit.  Attend a quit meet It is an investment that shall repay many times over.

I wish I knew who to credit but someone said, "If I knew quitting was this fun I would have quit a long time ago".  Well said friend.  Quit on.
Frickin Awesome Sco!!!

Nice race report as well
'clap' 'clap' 'clap'

Well done my friend.
These guys have become almost like a second family to me.
Well put, Sco!!

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #223 on: February 04, 2013, 09:51:00 PM »

Frickin Awesome Sco!!!

Nice race report as well
'clap' 'clap' 'clap'

Well done my friend.

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #222 on: February 04, 2013, 09:47:00 PM »

Frickin Awesome Sco!!!

Nice race report as well
'clap' 'clap' 'clap'

Offline per034

• Quitter
  • Interests: My family - 2 amazingly brilliant and beautiful children and an equally amazing and beautiful wife. Sports - Mets and Giants for teams, golf for weekends... Bagpipes. Been playing bagpipes longer than I've been dipping. And that's a long friggin' time.
« Reply #221 on: February 04, 2013, 08:57:00 PM »

Frickin Awesome Sco!!!

Nice race report as well
The love you get here is conditional. The condition is that you are quit.

"Every time you bump someone and dont fix it, a kitten dies" - Jost2Brown

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #220 on: February 04, 2013, 02:36:00 PM »

This weekend 20 to 30 quitters met in Savannah, GA. We had a range of quit days from 200 or so days to a 6,000+ days. I would hazard to guess we had at least 20,000 days of quit at this meet. I would venture to say three or four of the quitters were instrumental in the formation of KTC.

Regardless of the days quit accrued everyone had something to offer. Everyone. Moreover, everyone left with a stronger quit. I watched men that have been quit since the 90s get rejuvenated. They looked forward posting Monday morning with friends that changed their life forever. The nic bitch must have been shaken.

For me, most notably were my quiet observations of the women that came with their spouses. Some had been to a meet before but some women were apprehensively coming to a meet for the first time. I watched their apprehension melt away and a sense of comfort cross their face as they begin to realize that they were amongst a group of men and women that were determined to INVEST in people and insure that they too could turn a life of addiction into a life of freedom. The joy in those womenÂ’s faces brings tears to my eye. They knew their spouses were in the hands of the determined.

Put a stake in the ground. Meet and invest in the fellowship of quit. Attend a quit meet It is an investment that shall repay many times over.

I wish I knew who to credit but someone said, "If I knew quitting was this fun I would have quit a long time ago". Well said friend. Quit on.
Frickin Awesome Sco!!!

Nice race report as well
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #219 on: February 04, 2013, 02:02:00 PM »

This weekend 20 to 30 quitters met in Savannah, GA. We had a range of quit days from 200 or so days to a 6,000+ days. I would hazard to guess we had at least 20,000 days of quit at this meet. I would venture to say three or four of the quitters were instrumental in the formation of KTC.

Regardless of the days quit accrued everyone had something to offer. Everyone. Moreover, everyone left with a stronger quit. I watched men that have been quit since the 90s get rejuvenated. They looked forward posting Monday morning with friends that changed their life forever. The nic bitch must have been shaken.

For me, most notably were my quiet observations of the women that came with their spouses. Some had been to a meet before but some women were apprehensively coming to a meet for the first time. I watched their apprehension melt away and a sense of comfort cross their face as they begin to realize that they were amongst a group of men and women that were determined to INVEST in people and insure that they too could turn a life of addiction into a life of freedom. The joy in those womenÂ’s faces brings tears to my eye. They knew their spouses were in the hands of the determined.

Put a stake in the ground. Meet and invest in the fellowship of quit. Attend a quit meet It is an investment that shall repay many times over.

I wish I knew who to credit but someone said, "If I knew quitting was this fun I would have quit a long time ago". Well said friend. Quit on.

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #218 on: December 22, 2012, 08:18:00 AM »
Quote from: 30yrAddict
Quote from: gmann
Quote from: Grizzly25
Quote from: Dchogs
Quote from: T-Cell
Quote from: wastepanel
Q: If the world was going to end tomorrow would you quit or use nicotine?

A: No.� Two reasons.� (1) I promised not to use today and (2) I like kicking the nic bitch in the face.

What say you?
It's better to die on your feet than live (or die) on your knees.

I am nothing's slave.
I am with you both. Never again. For any reason.
i like that, WP... it's way too good for you to have come up with it. 'na na'
...end of the world hmmmm well it would still happen if i chewed or didnt so I choose.....QUIT!!!!

QUIT ON QUITERS!!!!!
I'd stay quit because I ain't no punk ass slave to no damn cancer causing cat cah cah.
Did koufax walk the 27 th hitter cause it didn't matter? I'm here for the perfect game. B)
Well, the world didn't end and I quit yesterday. I quit today and I will quit tomorrow, God willing that I'm still here. I made the choice to quit regardless of situation, that will not change based on extraneous factors of life.

Quit is quit and I am it!

QLAFM

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #217 on: December 21, 2012, 12:15:00 PM »
Quote from: gmann
Quote from: Grizzly25
Quote from: Dchogs
Quote from: T-Cell
Quote from: wastepanel
Q: If the world was going to end tomorrow would you quit or use nicotine?

A: No.  Two reasons.  (1) I promised not to use today and (2) I like kicking the nic bitch in the face.

What say you?
It's better to die on your feet than live (or die) on your knees.

I am nothing's slave.
I am with you both. Never again. For any reason.
i like that, WP... it's way too good for you to have come up with it. 'na na'
...end of the world hmmmm well it would still happen if i chewed or didnt so I choose.....QUIT!!!!

QUIT ON QUITERS!!!!!
I'd stay quit because I ain't no punk ass slave to no damn cancer causing cat cah cah.
Did koufax walk the 27 th hitter cause it didn't matter? I'm here for the perfect game. B)