Author Topic: Time for a proper introduction  (Read 21202 times)

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Time for a proper introduction
« Reply #201 on: December 12, 2012, 10:13:00 PM »

Cavers find a way to cave. Quitters find a way to quit. ~ 30

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #200 on: November 06, 2012, 02:33:00 PM »

To Kubiak, November 2012, and Others

Kubiak, welcome to day 100. What have you built? A fine frame of a Quit House, and yes, you did build it.

1. Your day 1 was the day you chose to unroll a set of architectural drawings for your House of Quit. The set of instructions were time proven. House after House. Built to stand. Built to shelter.

2. Soon after, you began gathering your tools: Posting roll. Telephone numbers in your cell phone. Words of Wisdom. Hall of Fame Speeches, etc. Threads and posts from others who have built Houses of Quit; many further along than yours.

3. You surrounded yourself with some of the finest subcontractors around. Not Dr. Doucebag, M.D. peddling some nicotine pill, but hard-core quitters that had already built some Quit Houses. Some damn nice Quit Houses. Some Houses were Historic ~ Day 6,000 one house says. Day 1,500 says another. Some Houses were starters in your same neighborhood. All built to stand. All built with a common set of drawings. All built with the same tools and on the same foundation.

Your job now is to take that frame that you buit and make it weather tight. A shelter for you. A shelter for someone else that shows up, knocks on the door and asks, “How can I build a House of Quit”.

I know you can. One day at a time. Great job Kubiak.

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #199 on: October 25, 2012, 08:10:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65

Diffusing the Nic BitchÂ’s narrative

You will likely hear whispers from the Nic Bitch. The Nic Bitch is ONLY effective if you do not understand HER. Knowledge crushes HER.

Realize the whispers in your head are not “you”. It is your addiction speaking - the nic bitch. She will disguise herself as “you” because she understands “you” are the decision maker, not her. The only way she gets her hit of nicotine is if she can convince “you”, it is a great idea to plan, obtain, and ingest nicotine. She has no choices available to her.

ONLY YOU HAVE THE POWER OF CHOICE.

The nic bitch must fool you to get nicotine. Therefore, she is cunning. Her whispers will sound like “you”. She will create the illusion that it is your voice speaking. She will exploit. She knows your weaknesses. So, think about your weaknesses and recognize them. She knows if you like to celebrate with nic, drink with nic, drive, mow, relieve stress…whatever. In summary, she is an addiction cloaked as a person.

Next time she whispers, you will understand it is the nic bitch and not you that came up with whatever hair-brained scheme that just floated through your mind. Some stupid internal conversation. Talk back to her and diffuse her narrative. “Yea, bitch, I just heard you. I know it is you and not me that wants nicotine today. I made a promise not to use nicotine today, so fuck you.” Then punch her in the face.

Me, I like to laugh at her. Ridicule is a very effective weapon. :)
This is right on, Sco. I use anger and derision to respond to the whispers.
Thanks for the good words.

Offline gorilla1

• Quitter
  • Interests: Not dipping. Always looking how to be a better father. Trees, gardening, writing.
« Reply #198 on: October 25, 2012, 02:29:00 PM »
Thanks for the good words Sco. So true. No believing in the lie for me today. It sounded like such a good idea to post up with a dip and work on some writing that I need to get done, but decided to say no thanks instead. Still writing. No dip. Quit.

Offline jhaenel23

• Quitter
  • Interests: Kicking the Nic Bitch's Ass every day!!Staying in the QUIT, And helping all of my KTC Brothers to do the same!!
« Reply #197 on: October 25, 2012, 12:37:00 PM »

You will likely hear whispers from the Nic Bitch. The Nic Bitch is ONLY effective if you do not understand HER. Knowledge crushes HER.

Realize the whispers in your head are not “you”. It is your addiction speaking - the nic bitch. She will disguise herself as “you” because she understands “you” are the decision maker, not her. The only way she gets her hit of nicotine is if she can convince “you”, it is a great idea to plan, obtain, and ingest nicotine. She has no choices available to her.

The nic bitch must fool you to get nicotine. Therefore, she is cunning. Her whispers will sound like “you”. She will create the illusion that it is your voice speaking. She will exploit. She knows your weaknesses. So, think about your weaknesses and recognize them. She knows if you like to celebrate with nic, drink with nic, drive, mow, relieve stress…whatever. In summary, she is an addiction cloaked as a person.

Next time she whispers, you will understand it is the nic bitch and not you that came up with whatever hair-brained scheme that just floated through your mind. Some stupid internal conversation. Talk back to her and diffuse her narrative. “Yea, bitch, I just heard you. I know it is you and not me that wants nicotine today. I made a promise not to use nicotine today, so fuck you.” Then punch her in the face.

This is amazing!! Made my day!! 'crackup'
Stay in the Q.U.I.T*********Fuck the NIC!!" Jhaenel23
"Freedom is like your Soul going Commando!" Scowick
"Losers always whine about their best, Winners go home and fuck the prom queen!!" John Mason
"If its too much trouble to post roll, You can always Fuck Off!!" J2B
HOF Speech
Sounds Of Madness
QUIT 10-22-12
HOF 1-29-13
Post with Da Jackwagins!!

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 718
« Reply #196 on: October 25, 2012, 11:42:00 AM »
sco man that rite there is a :Winner:

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #195 on: October 25, 2012, 07:34:00 AM »
Quote from: LLCope

When you dip, you get irritable.  When you get irritable, you cannot sleep.  When you cannot sleep, your work suffers.  When your work suffers, you accidently staple your thunder monster.  When you accidently staple your thunder monster, you cannot pass through security in the airport.  When you cannot pass through security in the airport, you get felt up by Officer Bender of DFW TSA.  Do not get felt up by Officer Bender; don’t dip.
'crackup'
Wisdom right there.

Offline LLCope

• Quitter
« Reply #194 on: October 25, 2012, 05:55:00 AM »

When you dip, you get irritable. When you get irritable, you cannot sleep. When you cannot sleep, your work suffers. When your work suffers, you accidently staple your thunder monster. When you accidently staple your thunder monster, you cannot pass through security in the airport. When you cannot pass through security in the airport, you get felt up by Officer Bender of DFW TSA. Do not get felt up by Officer Bender; donÂ’t dip.
'crackup'
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without" HD Thoreau

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #193 on: October 23, 2012, 09:32:00 AM »

When you dip, you get irritable. When you get irritable, you cannot sleep. When you cannot sleep, your work suffers. When your work suffers, you accidently staple your thunder monster. When you accidently staple your thunder monster, you cannot pass through security in the airport. When you cannot pass through security in the airport, you get felt up by Officer Bender of DFW TSA. Do not get felt up by Officer Bender; donÂ’t dip.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #192 on: October 17, 2012, 04:31:00 PM »

Offline per034

• Quitter
  • Interests: My family - 2 amazingly brilliant and beautiful children and an equally amazing and beautiful wife. Sports - Mets and Giants for teams, golf for weekends... Bagpipes. Been playing bagpipes longer than I've been dipping. And that's a long friggin' time.
« Reply #191 on: October 11, 2012, 04:46:00 PM »
Quote from: Eric71
Quote from: CBird65

Q: Why are KTC quitters so damn inflexible?

It usually goes something like this:  “Hey guys, Scowick here, just had a 2nd kid and I promised my wife I would quit with my first child.  I really need to do this.  I am going to try this time.  Try for me, my kids, my wife.  Any advice on trying to quit this time?  Thanks in advance.  Sco.”

Kaaabooom!  The flames of hell burn.  Poor Scodaddy.  And on his very first post.

A: Addiction is inflexible.

The Law of Addiction States, “The administration of a drug to a drug addict will reestablish dependence on that drug.”  We did not write the law. We do not execute the law.  We simply know the law.  This means, by using nicotine once, the user either reverts to full-fledged use or must go through the full withdrawal process associated with quitting.  Most do not opt for the withdrawal.   Withdrawal sux.

I know, this inflexibility is incongruent with our American culture ~ “I'd like the pie heated and I don't want the ice cream on top, I want it on the side, and I'd like strawberry instead of vanilla if you have it, if not then no ice cream just whipped cream but only if it's real; if it's out of the can then nothing.” 
“Not even the pie”? 
“No, I want the pie, just not heated”.

Here, at KTC, the quit plan is not tweaked for unique and special butterflies.  We butterflies conform to the plan.  Why?  Because our addiction will not conform.  Our addiction is unyielding.

In the immortal words of Kevin Beacon -

"thank you sir, may I have another?"

Bring that all day long!
And we shall not conform to our addiction.

One fucking day at a time. Shit, my grandma's good for one day and she's 91. Finally got her to hop off the nic train she's been riding since she was 16. Like I said, if she can do it at her age, you all have no fucking excuse.
Brilliant. flames of hell indeed! :lol:
The love you get here is conditional. The condition is that you are quit.

"Every time you bump someone and dont fix it, a kitten dies" - Jost2Brown

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #190 on: October 11, 2012, 04:43:00 PM »
Quote from: CBird65

It usually goes something like this:  “Hey guys, Scowick here, just had a 2nd kid and I promised my wife I would quit with my first child.  I really need to do this.  I am going to try this time.  Try for me, my kids, my wife.  Any advice on trying to quit this time?  Thanks in advance.  Sco.”

Kaaabooom!  The flames of hell burn.  Poor Scodaddy.  And on his very first post.

The Law of Addiction States, “The administration of a drug to a drug addict will reestablish dependence on that drug.”  We did not write the law. We do not execute the law.  We simply know the law.  This means, by using nicotine once, the user either reverts to full-fledged use or must go through the full withdrawal process associated with quitting.  Most do not opt for the withdrawal.  Withdrawal sux.

I know, this inflexibility is incongruent with our American culture ~ “I'd like the pie heated and I don't want the ice cream on top, I want it on the side, and I'd like strawberry instead of vanilla if you have it, if not then no ice cream just whipped cream but only if it's real; if it's out of the can then nothing.” 
“Not even the pie”? 

Here, at KTC, the quit plan is not tweaked for unique and special butterflies.  We butterflies conform to the plan.  Why?  Because our addiction will not conform.  Our addiction is unyielding.

Bring that all day long!
And we shall not conform to our addiction.

One fucking day at a time. Shit, my grandma's good for one day and she's 91. Finally got her to hop off the nic train she's been riding since she was 16. Like I said, if she can do it at her age, you all have no fucking excuse.

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #189 on: October 11, 2012, 03:07:00 PM »

It usually goes something like this: “Hey guys, Scowick here, just had a 2nd kid and I promised my wife I would quit with my first child. I really need to do this. I am going to try this time. Try for me, my kids, my wife. Any advice on trying to quit this time? Thanks in advance. Sco.”

Kaaabooom! The flames of hell burn. Poor Scodaddy. And on his very first post.

The Law of Addiction States, “The administration of a drug to a drug addict will reestablish dependence on that drug.” We did not write the law. We do not execute the law. We simply know the law. This means, by using nicotine once, the user either reverts to full-fledged use or must go through the full withdrawal process associated with quitting. Most do not opt for the withdrawal. Withdrawal sux.

“Not even the pie”?

Here, at KTC, the quit plan is not tweaked for unique and special butterflies. We butterflies conform to the plan. Why? Because our addiction will not conform. Our addiction is unyielding.

Bring that all day long!
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #188 on: October 11, 2012, 02:47:00 PM »

It usually goes something like this: “Hey guys, Scowick here, just had a 2nd kid and I promised my wife I would quit with my first child. I really need to do this. I am going to try this time. Try for me, my kids, my wife. Any advice on trying to quit this time? Thanks in advance. Sco.”

Kaaabooom! The flames of hell burn. Poor Scodaddy. And on his very first post.

The Law of Addiction States, “The administration of a drug to a drug addict will reestablish dependence on that drug.” We did not write the law. We do not execute the law. We simply know the law. This means, by using nicotine once, the user either reverts to full-fledged use or must go through the full withdrawal process associated with quitting. Most do not opt for the withdrawal. Withdrawal sux.

“Not even the pie”?

Here, at KTC, the quit plan is not tweaked for unique and special butterflies. We butterflies conform to the plan. Why? Because our addiction will not conform. Our addiction is unyielding.

Offline Leahy16

• Quitter
« Reply #187 on: October 11, 2012, 10:34:00 AM »
Quote from: Radman
Quote from: Souliman
Quote from: mfkuss
Quote from: Parputt

Dear Potential Quitter,

I see your name at the bottom of the page. My quit brothers see you too. We see you all the time. We see you every single day. Know this, we were once you. Enslaved, but with enough motivation to surf the internet to find an answer.

I have the answer. Like so many things, the answer is simple but its execution is difficult. Difficult? Yes, but so worth it. What is the answer? Join this site and post a promise to not use nicotine today. Then you honor the promise. 1 day at a time. We quit just 1 day at a time. You can quit for a day can't you?

The day I posted roll for first time a burden was lifted from my shoulders. I quit says Scowick, I quit. Relief.

There were many times afterwards when I struggled, but there was always someone to reach out to. Something to read and learn from. Someone here that inspired me. I realized I was not alone. Better yet, I met so many people like me that were willing to do so much to help me gain myself back. Slowly, I transformed myself from a drug user to a recovering addict. I am so much happier.

Join me? You were meant to read this. You belong here. Now.
Yes YOU reading this right now. Sco is talking to you
At first I thought you were talking to me, but it must be the other guy reading this post....I am no potential quitter...

I AM FUCKING QUIT!!

Proud to be quit with you all today!!
Solid advice.

Don't piss Scowick off. You heard him. NOW is the time. No more fucking around.
Wise words. I am here. I am quit. What are you waiting for, potential quitter?

Well said, Scowick.
I've taped together my broken glasses and now I am quit with you today Sco.

One day at a time brother
Quit Date Jun 5, 2011; HOF Sep 12, 2011; 1,000 days Feb 28, 2014