Author Topic: Time for a proper introduction  (Read 21130 times)

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: Time for a proper introduction
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 10:53:00 AM »
Quote from: Scowick65
This morning was an awesome morning. I am driving to work and the sun is rising. It is going to be a warm pleasant late winter day on the Coast of Georgia and I am hopping from bridge to bridge, crossing marshes and rivers. Absolutely beautiful. I am thinking that 365 days ago I would have had a dip in and I would have been in nirvana. Alone time bliss on the marsh. Radio on.

Today I was in nirvana. No turd in my mouth. I feel awesome...rested...happy...un druged...in control. Life could not be better. Some hard times ahead, but the reward could not be any more.
Indeed.

Freedom is the shit.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 10:25:00 AM »
This morning was an awesome morning. I am driving to work and the sun is rising. It is going to be a warm pleasant late winter day on the Coast of Georgia and I am hopping from bridge to bridge, crossing marshes and rivers. Absolutely beautiful. I am thinking that 365 days ago I would have had a dip in and I would have been in nirvana. Alone time bliss on the marsh. Radio on.

Today I was in nirvana. No turd in my mouth. I feel awesome...rested...happy...un druged...in control. Life could not be better. Some hard times ahead, but the reward could not be any more.

Offline ncgolfer

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 07:05:00 PM »
You know, I still have some really shit days. That said, I noticed I am starting to just damn feel sorry for dumbasses with a turd in their mouth. I see them as complete morons now. Wow, I am a hypocrite, but they are still dumbasses.
I know where your coming from. Almost everyone that I hang around with dips. We all dipped the same brand and flavor, and I was biggest user/addict of us all. Non of them have asked me why or how I have quit. They seem to ignore my quit for fear that I may tell them to quit too. I do look at them and think what dumbasses. They can lean on me if they would just let me show them what KTC is all about. Someday they will reach out, and I will still be quit and lead them here. One day at a time.
Quit Date - 12/17/2010
Hall of Fame - 03/26/2011
Hall of Fame Speech - http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=4546

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 06:19:00 PM »
You know, I still have some really shit days. That said, I noticed I am starting to just damn feel sorry for dumbasses with a turd in their mouth. I see them as complete morons now. Wow, I am a hypocrite, but they are still dumbasses.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 05:56:00 PM »
Quote from: hornet
... Pure alone time bliss.... 
Wow. This post just hit me like a slap in the face wake up. "Alone time bliss" sums it up perfectly for me. For me it was waiting for my kids to go to sleep, I could deal with the nagging from the wife. It's all the excuses to leave the house just to drive somewhere alone, all the early mornings at work to enjoy 2-3-4 dips in solitude at my desk before anyone else showed up. And when everyone had gone home, right back at it for 1 or 2 more before taking one for the road on the way home.

Great recognition. It's good to realize what's going on in your own life by hearing someone else talk about theirs.
Yes, I still miss this. It is my trigger. But, screw it. The nic bitch can suck it.

Offline hornet

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 11:22:00 AM »
... Pure alone time bliss.... 
Wow. This post just hit me like a slap in the face wake up. "Alone time bliss" sums it up perfectly for me. For me it was waiting for my kids to go to sleep, I could deal with the nagging from the wife. It's all the excuses to leave the house just to drive somewhere alone, all the early mornings at work to enjoy 2-3-4 dips in solitude at my desk before anyone else showed up. And when everyone had gone home, right back at it for 1 or 2 more before taking one for the road on the way home.

Great recognition. It's good to realize what's going on in your own life by hearing someone else talk about theirs.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 10:21:00 PM »
Congrats to all you M'er F'ers!

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 07:26:00 PM »
This day 34 in the quit. It is amazing what you learn about yourself. My wife just left and this is when I would usually crank the biggest dip I could, sit on my butt and chill watching TV. Pure alone time bliss. Well she just walked out the door. Looks like I am replacing the dip with you ugly MFs. Cheers homies. Embrace the quit.

Offline jcook

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 11:00:00 PM »
Quote from: Reaper77
Today is the day I finally quit.No looking back no come backs.Ive tied for the last couple days but had this whole wean myself off going on in my head and wasnt working so I just say fuck it Im going to do it for myself.I love my woman and my kids way too much not to be around.I dread the thoughts of what is about to happen to my head and body but know thats another day to worry about now is now.
Congrats! Yep, your right, it's gonna suck. More than most anything you go through. The head games, the physical crap. Answer this though: what is worse- going thru the suck or having to tell your family that you have 6 months to live because you loved nicotine more than them? That is what it really is. Is your quit worth it to you? Treat your quit as the most important thing in your life for a while. Guard it. Be proud of it. Proud to be quit with you!
"I like a man who grins when he fights." - Winston Churchill

Day 1: 11-28-10
HOF : 03-07-11

Offline Reaper77

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 09:26:00 PM »
Today is the day I finally quit.No looking back no come backs.Ive tied for the last couple days but had this whole wean myself off going on in my head and wasnt working so I just say fuck it Im going to do it for myself.I love my woman and my kids way too much not to be around.I dread the thoughts of what is about to happen to my head and body but know thats another day to worry about now is now.

Offline jcook

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 03:48:00 AM »
Boil it all down to this: do whatever you have to do to not use nicotine today. Fight like your life depends on this! Because you know what? It DOES! This is life and death. And you are entering into a freedom that only the free can describe. I am 42 days in and I can tell you this, I have never felt as free. You CAN do this. Just use this site. Post roll, keep your word, repeat. Win, day by day.
"I like a man who grins when he fights." - Winston Churchill

Day 1: 11-28-10
HOF : 03-07-11

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 10:28:00 PM »
Nice job, Trauma! Congrats on your new freedom. Embrace the suck...use it as motivation to stay quit.

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 12:59:00 PM »
Quote from: SCHogfan
Quote from: Trauma
ok looks like day 1 has to start sometime so today is it
Day one was yesterday for me. Joined you guys today but been lurking for a while. I'm 37 and had dipped since Bush-1 was president. Failed at quitting what seems like infinity times. On December 23 my blood pressure was through the roof and cholesterol just behind. No fucking way to live a life.

So here I am today. Shaky and foggy. Day 2. A little anxiety. Just want to make it through lunch, then dinner. Then tomorrow, then....

I still taste my toothpaste from 4 hours ago :D Gonna start working out Sunday.

I AM A QUITTER!!!
good work Hogfan.
Take it hour by hour if you have to. Then it starts to go meal by meal, then day by day. It gets better, trust me.

You are a fine quitter!

Offline SCHogfan

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 10:33:00 AM »
Day one was yesterday for me. Joined you guys today but been lurking for a while. I'm 37 and had dipped since Bush-1 was president. Failed at quitting what seems like infinity times. On December 23 my blood pressure was through the roof and cholesterol just behind. No fucking way to live a life.

So here I am today. Shaky and foggy. Day 2. A little anxiety. Just want to make it through lunch, then dinner. Then tomorrow, then....

I still taste my toothpaste from 4 hours ago :D Gonna start working out Sunday.

I AM A QUITTER!!!
I ride the painted whore. She gives good universal screams.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

QUIT DATE 1/6/11

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 11:41:00 AM »
Quote from: Dr.
welcome, tell us about yourself
The great thing about day 1 is that you only have to do it one time. That is if you follow our rules.