Author Topic: Time for a proper introduction  (Read 21133 times)

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Time for a proper introduction
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2011, 08:32:00 AM »

scowick - 1/2 year. 'Finger' nicotine. I would have caved this week if it were not for this site. I am clean and you bitch are a whore. If you are a executive of a dip company you best not come near my house today because I will beat your ass. Fuckers. I am in a bad mood, yet, you will not get one cent from me...nor one dip. I win. 'Finger'

Offline CORNWALLACE

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2011, 05:13:00 PM »
Quote from: 30yrAddict
Quote from: Greg5280
Quote from: Scowick65
Day 165

What keeps me quit today?Ê Two things.Ê (1) Posting in my March 2011 quit group and honoring that promise; andÊ (2) Posting above the line and reading the posts above the line.Ê

Each day I venture above the line I am reminded of where I come from.Ê That is, I am reminded of the misery nicotine causes when one uses it and the misery nicotine causes when one stops using it.Ê Nicotine is an a highly addictive drug that serves no purpose other than to produce revenues for a corporation and relieve the very symptoms it creates from discontinued use.

To all of my brothers in August 2011, July 2011, June 2011 and May 2011, thank you.Ê Each and every one of you are a very important part of my quit.Ê You are inspirational, informative, active and motivated.Ê  I gladly quit with you today.
Nicely done !!

I quit with you...
Great post....And thanks Scowick, for your support. Proud to be quit with you,

x3

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2011, 04:56:00 PM »
Quote from: Greg5280
Day 165

What keeps me quit today?  Two things.  (1) Posting in my March 2011 quit group and honoring that promise; and  (2) Posting above the line and reading the posts above the line. 

Each day I venture above the line I am reminded of where I come from.  That is, I am reminded of the misery nicotine causes when one uses it and the misery nicotine causes when one stops using it.  Nicotine is an a highly addictive drug that serves no purpose other than to produce revenues for a corporation and relieve the very symptoms it creates from discontinued use.

To all of my brothers in August 2011, July 2011, June 2011 and May 2011, thank you.  Each and every one of you are a very important part of my quit.  You are inspirational, informative, active and motivated.  I gladly quit with you today.
Nicely done !!

I quit with you...
Great post....And thanks Scowick, for your support. Proud to be quit with you,

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2011, 01:42:00 PM »
Day 165

What keeps me quit today? Two things. (1) Posting in my March 2011 quit group and honoring that promise; and (2) Posting above the line and reading the posts above the line.

Each day I venture above the line I am reminded of where I come from. That is, I am reminded of the misery nicotine causes when one uses it and the misery nicotine causes when one stops using it. Nicotine is an a highly addictive drug that serves no purpose other than to produce revenues for a corporation and relieve the very symptoms it creates from discontinued use.

To all of my brothers in August 2011, July 2011, June 2011 and May 2011, thank you. Each and every one of you are a very important part of my quit. You are inspirational, informative, active and motivated. I gladly quit with you today.
Nicely done !!

I quit with you...

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2011, 11:13:00 AM »
Sco you're a champion. Cheers and fast miles bro.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2011, 10:02:00 AM »
Day 165

What keeps me quit today? Two things. (1) Posting in my March 2011 quit group and honoring that promise; and (2) Posting above the line and reading the posts above the line.

Each day I venture above the line I am reminded of where I come from. That is, I am reminded of the misery nicotine causes when one uses it and the misery nicotine causes when one stops using it. Nicotine is an a highly addictive drug that serves no purpose other than to produce revenues for a corporation and relieve the very symptoms it creates from discontinued use.

To all of my brothers in August 2011, July 2011, June 2011 and May 2011, thank you. Each and every one of you are a very important part of my quit. You are inspirational, informative, active and motivated. I gladly quit with you today.

Offline oilers11

« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2011, 05:10:00 PM »
Quote from: gmann
I'll take a number 3, please!
supersized. with cheese.
day 1

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2011, 04:09:00 PM »
supersized. with cheese.

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2011, 04:07:00 PM »

Offline TheMissingPeace

• Quitter
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2011, 04:04:00 PM »
Scowick- Congratulations on qualifying for the Boston Marathon! Can't wait to hear how it went. Honored to be Quit with you. Peace

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2011, 03:51:00 PM »
You can ONLY be in one of three “phases”:

(1)   Addict using nicotine
(2)   Addict withdrawing from nicotine and in the “suck”
(3)   Recovering nicotine addict

Because phase (3) is much more awesome than phase (1), you must choose do endure phase (2). You then must choose phase (3) again every single day. One day at a time.

“The only thing nic use does is relieve withdrawal symptoms that come from not using. That's it”. ~ theo3wood

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2011, 01:17:00 PM »
The day I admitted I was addicted to nicotine was the day I controlled nicotine instead of nicotine controlling me. It does not make quitting easy, it just means I call the shots.

Offline ODAAT

• Quitter
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2011, 08:15:00 AM »
Thank you NOLAQ, ODAAT, Bean, BeerBottleSpitoon. I needed that kick in the ass. Ran today. Felt good. Thanks.
Great job bro!! Now repeat daily or at least 5x per week to eliminate the funk.
My quit told me if I ever leave, it will kill me.

Nicotine owned me for 24 years. I resumed control on Feb. 1, 2011.
HOF Date: 05/11/2011

"Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today." -- Mark Twain

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2011, 07:32:00 PM »
Bad news...

It's gonna take a bit longer.

Good news...

I have not had what you would call a crave, a funk or the fog in years. Think about that.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2011, 05:51:00 PM »
Thank you NOLAQ, ODAAT, Bean, BeerBottleSpitoon. I needed that kick in the ass. Ran today. Felt good. Thanks.