Author Topic: Time for a proper introduction  (Read 21126 times)

Offline BeerBottleSpittoon

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Time for a proper introduction
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2011, 09:47:00 PM »
We PM'd a bit early on but I want to share this with others out there who might be thinking of starting their quit. This is only one of a thousand reasons to fight:

Because you can run your ass off better than you ever could while there was nicotine in your system.

I'm at 48 days and have blown past my former wall like it never existed because there is no nicotine in my system. You are at 116. Don't forget what the nic does to you.

For those that don't know, qualifying for the Boston Marathon is a huge Honor.

'Cheers'

Stay strong. Take a deep breath. And I can't wait to hear about your race day.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2011, 10:26:00 AM »
Scowick - fighting for your life one day at a time isn't exciting enough for you? There's no time to be depressed. Get out there and run like your life depends on it...because it does.

Stay quit, brother!!!

Offline ODAAT

• Quitter
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2011, 09:51:00 AM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Ok. Looking for some feedback.

I have not had craves since early in my quit. However, I have had three bouts of depression in the 40/50s, 70/80s and 110s. It has wrecked my running. I am running the Boston this year which is supposed to be a real treat for a runner. I am fatter and I am out of shape because I have not been motivated. My training has sucked. I get depressed and sit at home. Probably why I am on this damn site too much. It does help though.

When is this going to end? Advice?
I'm earlier in my quit than you so can't answer your questions....

But at least want to offer some encouragement. GET OUT THERE AND RUN!!!!

Next time you're sitting at home, go in your room and put your running stuff on. Tie your shoes and step outside. Then do the Forrest Gump thing....just run. No direction, no training, nothing in mind, no timing, no stressing, no GPS watch, just run. Run for you and run because it will feel good.

I want you to write me a PM every time you run. If I don't get 4 "Ok I did it" PM's in the next 7 days I'm coming to get you fool. Gonna give you a little of this action too...

'tough'

Just do it!
My quit told me if I ever leave, it will kill me.

Nicotine owned me for 24 years. I resumed control on Feb. 1, 2011.
HOF Date: 05/11/2011

"Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today." -- Mark Twain

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2011, 08:43:00 PM »

I have not had craves since early in my quit. However, I have had three bouts of depression in the 40/50s, 70/80s and 110s. It has wrecked my running. I am running the Boston this year which is supposed to be a real treat for a runner. I am fatter and I am out of shape because I have not been motivated. My training has sucked. I get depressed and sit at home. Probably why I am on this damn site too much. It does help though.

Well bro, there is good news here. The good news is, you are healing! The good news is, you have identified these funks, and hopefully you know that this too, shall pass.

When is it going to end? That's the bad news: I couldn't tell you. Some guys go through these things worse than others. I personally didn't get hit too hard. I identify with the not being motivated part, putting on weight, etc, but I don't think I went through any serious depression. Some guys have.

I think that if it gets too bad, and if you really start feeling down, there is no harm in seeing a doc. I'm not one myself, so the best I can do is offer that.

About being here too much, well, I think that can sometimes happen. I find myself sitting in here rather than making phone calls, or getting work done in general. While this place is a comfort zone, and a place to vent and shit, sometimes it is good to stick your head out in the real world for a while.

You won't miss that much bud...get your ass out there and get running!
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2011, 08:36:00 PM »

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2011, 12:52:00 PM »
Begin with the End in Mind. ~ 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.

A successful quitter BEGINS each day with the End in Mind: I will not use nicotine today.

This is based on the principle that all things are created twice. There is a mental (first) creation and then a physical (second) creation. The physical creation follows the mental, just as a building follows a blueprint. Begin with the End in Mind means to begin each day with a clear vision of your desired direction. You create your own destiny and secure the future you envision.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2011, 03:53:00 PM »
Free will – The ability to choose an action free from constraints.

You choose to use nicotine or choose not to. It is a simple choice free of constraints. Below is the mindset of an unsuccessful quitter. This mindset will appear on this forum from time to time. This person will begin to apply constraints to change the outcome.

I choose to quit today.

Becomes →

I want to choose to quit today, but I have midterms next week. My head is foggy and I cannot concentrate. Midterms are important. Because of this constraint, the appropriate choice is to use nicotine. I can quit at a better time.

Be careful of this mindset. As you become a successful quitter, you will begin to recognize your mindÂ’s sneaky ability to self impose a constraint to justify nicotine.

Keep it simple. Choose to quit.

Offline bnlelliott

• Quitter
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2011, 11:45:00 PM »
Below is from the online Etymology Dictionary.

Quit comes from the Old French word QUITE = "free clear". This comes from the Latin word QUIETUS = "free"

So this word is perfect for our use on this site. When you declare I quit, you are saying I am clear or free of nicotine. Lesson over.

quit (adj.) Look up quit at Dictionary.com
early 13c., "free, clear," from O.Fr. quite "free, clear," from L. quietus "free" (in M.L. "free from war, debts, etc."), also "calm, resting" (see quiet). The verb is first attested c.1300, "to set free, redeem" (usually of a debt or suspicion); sense of "leave" is attested from late 14c.; that of "to leave (a place)" is from c.1600; that of "stop" (doing something) is from 1640s. Meaning "to give up" is from mid-15c.; quitting time is from 1835; quitter as an insult is 1881, American English. Quits "even" (with another) is from 1660s.
Post this EVERYWHERE!
Brian
May '09

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us.
-Jerry Garcia

Read My HOF Speech, Maybe It'll Help!

That Decision Has Been Made Today!

Quit Date 2/17/2009
HOF Date 5/27/2009
1 Year 2/16/2010
2 Years 2/16/2011

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2011, 04:49:00 PM »
Below is from the online Etymology Dictionary.

Quit comes from the Old French word QUITE = "free clear". This comes from the Latin word QUIETUS = "free"

So this word is perfect for our use on this site. When you declare I quit, you are saying I am clear or free of nicotine. Lesson over.

quit (adj.) Look up quit at Dictionary.com
early 13c., "free, clear," from O.Fr. quite "free, clear," from L. quietus "free" (in M.L. "free from war, debts, etc."), also "calm, resting" (see quiet). The verb is first attested c.1300, "to set free, redeem" (usually of a debt or suspicion); sense of "leave" is attested from late 14c.; that of "to leave (a place)" is from c.1600; that of "stop" (doing something) is from 1640s. Meaning "to give up" is from mid-15c.; quitting time is from 1835; quitter as an insult is 1881, American English. Quits "even" (with another) is from 1660s.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2011, 01:37:00 PM »
Quote from: dirkdippington
Quote from: rkymtnman
Quote from: theo3wood
The only thing nic use does is relieve withdrawal symptoms that come from not using.  That's it.
Pure fucking GOLD right there Theo! Best line I have read on here in a long time. Bulletin board material if I ever saw it.
Ya. That's money right there. I said it felt good but in reality it was just easing the withdrawal symptoms as you said. Hmmmmm.
The perfect quote.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2011, 06:23:00 PM »
Day 94

God gave you free will, use it wisely.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2011, 03:27:00 PM »
I am saving this to my page from SkoalMonster. Apparently He got it from CCM.

This rocks dudes!!!

CCM

Let me tell you what you fuckin' need to hear......

Nicotine is addictive and you are an addict. You are all a bunch of big boys (or girls) and know what the fuck "addicitive" means. If you didn't, you wouldn't be here and wouldn't be seeking any type of assitance from anything or anyone.

It also means you absolutely can't have just "one". If you could...you wouldn't be an addict. And anyone who comes on here and says...."blah, blah, blah, I thought I could handle it", may as well have just said...."I'm a super-retarded dumbfuck with the common sense of 2 year-old. Please get me my pacifier. I can't control my own life....so just smack me in the head with a shovel when you're done changing my diaper because I'm not using my brain anyway."

The day you post day 1, is the day you quit. Period. Using tobacco now falls in the category of things you do not do anymore. Ever. Never. Period.

Do you put your dick in a light socket? No.
Do you spread dog shit on a wiener bun and eat it. No.
Do you masterbate to a picture of your mom? No.
Do you use tobacco? No.

Get it? Got it? Fuck it. You're done with it. I hope your quit-fog is miserable and shitty and worth remembering. Good luck...and carry on.

ccm is in an ugly mood today...and is now talking like lOOt to himself....

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2011, 03:14:00 PM »
Day 87. $114.87 Saved.

ScowickÂ’s 8 rules for KTC.

The 1st rule of KTC is: I do not use nicotine

The 2nd rule of KTC is: I DO NOT USE NICOTINE.

The 3rd rule of KTC is: I post roll everyday.

4th rule: I am an addict. Lifelong.

5th rule: One day at a time fella.

6th rule: This quit is for me.

7th rule: I build accountability with my Brothers and I have an emergency plan.

The 8th and final rule: I am not unique and special butterfly. Brothers have been here before me. Read. Learn. Serve others.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 11:42:00 AM »
Quote from: Souliman
Nicely put Scowick.

Just noticed your tag. 2011 will be my first marathon season without the nic bitch. Can't believe how many f'ing years I put myself through training while fighting the NB. Looking forward to a PB this year.
LOL. Me too. Every freaking Marathon. Every PR. Everything. I dipped right before and right after a marathon. WTF? Did I mention it gets hot in Savannah so dehydration if a factor in training. It was not a factor in my putting dip in my mouth. Ridiculous.

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2011, 10:59:00 AM »
Nicely put Scowick.

Just noticed your tag. 2011 will be my first marathon season without the nic bitch. Can't believe how many f'ing years I put myself through training while fighting the NB. Looking forward to a PB this year.