Author Topic: Well I think I found the right place  (Read 8181 times)

E&C's Dad

Re: Well I think I found the right place
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2014, 02:40:00 PM »
Busy weekend with quite a few firsts. I am now at day 13 without the bitch. That feels good in and of itself. I still sleep like shit but the days have been getting much better and the craves has been few and far between. It has helped that I took the time to learn what the Nic Bitch actually does and doesn't do. When I feel stressed I now know that the bitch won't make it better and that its all a fucking sham.

Firsts from this past weekend

1- first time fishing without her. It was bad ......worse than first thing in the morning or after meals. I made it but it took a few extra sticks of gum.

2- first round of golf without her. Not as bad as fishing but a steady supply of seeds helped the craves.

coming up on 2 weeks ODAAT

'Finger' Nic Bitch 'arse'

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2014, 09:46:00 AM »
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: Doc
Quote from: E&C's
Day 7!

One week away from the NIC BITCH!

I never thought I would be able to achieve that "cold turkey". A week ago I'd have a dip in from the time a woke up until I went to bed. What a slave I truly was. I will not go back. I quit with all of KTC today.

Thankfully due to some great advice from a fellow member here I was able to get the best nights rest I have had since I quit (avoided caffeine all day yesterday) feeling strong today. Looking forward to kicking some craves in the teeth today.

ODAAT 'Remshot'
That a boy, Dad! E  C should be proud. You got this.
I quit with you today.
A week of quit -- outstanding! A good nights sleep always feels good. You can and are doing this quit thing! Freedom is a beautiful thing. Keep at it today. Quit with you all day long.
The light begins to get through the fog! I quit with you.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2014, 09:42:00 AM »
Quote from: Doc
Day 7!

I never thought I would be able to achieve that "cold turkey". A week ago I'd have a dip in from the time a woke up until I went to bed. What a slave I truly was. I will not go back. I quit with all of KTC today.

Thankfully due to some great advice from a fellow member here I was able to get the best nights rest I have had since I quit (avoided caffeine all day yesterday) feeling strong today. Looking forward to kicking some craves in the teeth today.

ODAAT 'Remshot'
I quit with you today.
A week of quit -- outstanding! A good nights sleep always feels good. You can and are doing this quit thing! Freedom is a beautiful thing. Keep at it today. Quit with you all day long.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2014, 09:18:00 AM »
Day 7!

ODAAT 'Remshot'
I quit with you today.
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

E&C's Dad

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2014, 09:13:00 AM »
Day 7!

ODAAT 'Remshot'

Offline mich 34

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: reading, hunting, fishing, above all - spending time with the wife and kids (when they are being good!!)
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2014, 01:13:00 PM »
Jump back in your quit group and ask this question. It's always nice to get a converstaion going in the group and it looks like you've got a few quitters in the 30's so they are about as recent as you're going to find. Remember to scroll down through the day in your quit group - you might find a golden nugget.
my intro
QD 07-19-2012
Group - Roctober Madmen Post with some Madmen (and women)
HOF 10-27-12 HOF Speech
2nd Floor 2-4-13, 3rd Floor 5-15-13
1 year of freedom - 7-19-2013. Thank you KTC
4th Floor 8-23-13, 5th Floor 12-1-13, 6th Floor 3-11-14, 7th Floor 6-19-14, 8th Floor 9-27-14, 9th Floor 1-5-15

Offline bronc

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 3/14/14
  • Interests: Rodeo, Hunting, Raising my daughter, Cooking and entertaining
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2014, 12:46:00 PM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: SAM83
Quote from: brettlees
Day 6. I have to say last night was the worst one since the night I quit. Cold sweats and only 15 minutes of sleep at a time. I felt really good yesterday so this was disappointing to say the least. I guess its all part of going in the right direction. ODAAT

Can anyone who has recently gone from day 7-14 let me know what to expect.

Thanks for the support.
Anyone else feel free to chime in...
I tried to keep a log of my quit pretty good so that I could always remember the things i went through, so feel free to look at that. Probably on the first page. See if this link will get you there... LINK

Also check other quitters' logs.

You're sort of keeping the same sort of a record already, and I like that- It really is helpful.

Quit on, and be sure you keep building out a network of support- great job reaching out for assistance and staying on the site!
http://www.killthecan.org/your-quit/wha ... t-dipping/

Quite honestly, I found this to be pretty accurate. I would only add that I really had a rough day around day 10. I drank to much coffee one Saturday morning and was so on edge and raging; I only know how to describe it as wanting to claw my own face off. That said, it gets better incrementally. Although I did not realize it at the time, I really feel like the fog was more like a month than just a few days. I got addicted to my quit, I spent a lot of work time and personal time reading on this website, responding to others and in chat.

All of that said, trust it will get better, but you only have to worry about keeping your promise today.
It's rough bro. Hang tough it will get better. You got this shit.
Right with you my friend. The no sleep thing sucks but it's only for a small number of days compared to a lifetime of freedom. I"m with you rumbling stumbling bumbling but we're on the right path. Keep on keepin' on.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2014, 12:19:00 PM »
Quote from: SAM83
Day 6. I have to say last night was the worst one since the night I quit. Cold sweats and only 15 minutes of sleep at a time. I felt really good yesterday so this was disappointing to say the least. I guess its all part of going in the right direction. ODAAT

Thanks for the support.
I tried to keep a log of my quit pretty good so that I could always remember the things i went through, so feel free to look at that. Probably on the first page. See if this link will get you there... LINK

You're sort of keeping the same sort of a record already, and I like that- It really is helpful.

Quit on, and be sure you keep building out a network of support- great job reaching out for assistance and staying on the site!

Quite honestly, I found this to be pretty accurate. I would only add that I really had a rough day around day 10. I drank to much coffee one Saturday morning and was so on edge and raging; I only know how to describe it as wanting to claw my own face off. That said, it gets better incrementally. Although I did not realize it at the time, I really feel like the fog was more like a month than just a few days. I got addicted to my quit, I spent a lot of work time and personal time reading on this website, responding to others and in chat.

All of that said, trust it will get better, but you only have to worry about keeping your promise today.
It's rough bro. Hang tough it will get better. You got this shit.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 233
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2014, 11:38:00 AM »

Thanks for the support.

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2014, 10:59:00 AM »

Thanks for the support.

This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

E&C's Dad

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2014, 10:53:00 AM »

Thanks for the support.

Offline MonsterMedic

• Master of Quit
  • Proud member of the June 2014 Quit Saloon
  • Quit Date: 03.02.14
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2014, 10:35:00 PM »
Day 5 starting to feel a bit more normal. I have been thinking alot about my relationship with the nic bitch. As the fog begins to clear I am realizing what I have been missing out on due to my relationship with her. I will not cave I will not go back ODAAT.
Keep focusing on quitting one day at a time. As struggles arise, she'll rear her ugly head and try to get you to cave. Remember that you can come to anyone on this board for help if she tries to get you to give up.

Stay strong and quit on!
"Frank Pierce: Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world." - Bringing Out The Dead

Quit Date: 03-02-2014
HOF: 06-09-2014
3K and counting

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2014, 09:48:00 PM »
Day 5 starting to feel a bit more normal. I have been thinking alot about my relationship with the nic bitch. As the fog begins to clear I am realizing what I have been missing out on due to my relationship with her. I will not cave I will not go back ODAAT.
The nic bitch is a poisonous stealer...of your time and your life.

E&C's Dad

« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2014, 10:58:00 AM »

E&C's Dad

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2014, 12:53:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
Quote from: Etxaggie
Day 4, 2 hr road trip with the fam....this will be interesting.
At that point in my quit, I would find something to put in my mouth (anything but nic)  think long before I spoke.

That helped some. My wife still said I was an ass during that time. LOL.

1000% better now after 80 days....
Fireballs, toothpicks, candy, titty, straw the list goes on. Anything but the poison. Pop the hood of the car/yourself and you won't find a proper place for the poison.

I drive for a living. I wondered how in the world I was going to make it daily without the poison. It's so nice not having to rely on the poison to make a trip now. It helped nothing,, i can tell you that. I use to think it helped with the stress of driving, that is such bull. It does absolutely nothing but make things more stressful.

Get though the drive and each time you get behind the wheel it will get easier and easier. Take it one drive at a time. Quit with you today.
Thanks guys. I am a man of my word no cave in this fella. Corn nuts and fireballs helped me get here. A few hour visit and back in the car.

Ps my wife also thinks i am an ass B)