Author Topic: Well I think I found the right place  (Read 8187 times)

E&C's Dad

Re: Well I think I found the right place
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2014, 05:22:00 PM »
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: Bronc
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: THansen2413
Quote from: E&C's
Its day 50 for me half way to the hall, with a lifetime to go. I can't help but remember that first week. It was brutal, thick fog, headaches and craves that were out of control. I never thought I would make it even this far. I am very thankful I found this place and bought into the program and drank the Kool-Aid. There are and will continue to be ups and downs but I know that I can do this and I know that I never have to go back to day 1 as long as I keep my word everyday. I believe with every fiber of my being that I will not use nicotine again ever! I also know that I am an addict forever. I never thought I would have pride in quitting when one of my mottos is finish what you start so here is to never quitting quitting!

I quit with all of KTC today.
Good stuff bro! I feel the same way you do about this quit. There is no turning back at this point. With the accountability we've established, if you cave, you're weak as shit and not a man of his word. I have to much damn pride to ruin my reputation for a 5 min "head buzz". F that man, go for a run, watch a game, drink some water or beer 'Cheers'. There is no excuse for nic to enter our blood stream at this point in the game. QLF w/you today! Congrats on 50!
You've made it past where few dare to tread. Congrats! Keep doing the same you've been doing a nd stacking up the plus ones. It gets even better! Good work!
You're a badass quitter EC! Proud to be quit with you.
EC... Congrats on 51 days quit! Well done. You are doing great.

Something to think about... Don't get ahead of yourself with comments like "... , with a lifetime to go."

Remember we quit ODAAT. Live in the momemt. Live this day quit. It is all we control. Worry about making your decision about tomorrow... well, ... tomorrow.

Proud to be quit with you today!
Thanks guys I appreciate all of the words of encouragement and advice. Couldn't ask for a better group of dudes to quit with. Quit with each and every one of you today.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2014, 12:06:00 PM »
Quote from: Bronc
Its day 50 for me half way to the hall, with a lifetime to go. I can't help but remember that first week. It was brutal, thick fog, headaches and craves that were out of control. I never thought I would make it even this far. I am very thankful I found this place and bought into the program and drank the Kool-Aid. There are and will continue to be ups and downs but I know that I can do this and I know that I never have to go back to day 1 as long as I keep my word everyday. I believe with every fiber of my being that I will not use nicotine again ever! I also know that I am an addict forever. I never thought I would have pride in quitting when one of my mottos is finish what you start so here is to never quitting quitting!

Good stuff bro! I feel the same way you do about this quit. There is no turning back at this point. With the accountability we've established, if you cave, you're weak as shit and not a man of his word. I have to much damn pride to ruin my reputation for a 5 min "head buzz". F that man, go for a run, watch a game, drink some water or beer 'Cheers'. There is no excuse for nic to enter our blood stream at this point in the game. QLF w/you today! Congrats on 50!
You've made it past where few dare to tread. Congrats! Keep doing the same you've been doing a nd stacking up the plus ones. It gets even better! Good work!
EC... Congrats on 51 days quit! Well done. You are doing great.

Something to think about... Don't get ahead of yourself with comments like "... , with a lifetime to go."

Remember we quit ODAAT. Live in the momemt. Live this day quit. It is all we control. Worry about making your decision about tomorrow... well, ... tomorrow.

Proud to be quit with you today!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline bronc

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 3/14/14
  • Interests: Rodeo, Hunting, Raising my daughter, Cooking and entertaining
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2014, 09:50:00 AM »

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2014, 12:02:00 AM »

Offline THansen2413

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2017-03-03
  • Interests: Vikings, Gophers, Wild. Enjoy running in the warm months.
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2014, 11:51:00 PM »

Quitters I've met in person : Keddy, boelker62, Big Brother Jack, baitbanjo, SirDerek, Chewie, Scowick65, theo3wood, mcarmo44, MonsterEMT, Bronc, dforbes, rocketman, Lance from SD, kdip, wastepanel, quitspit, basshaug, greenspidy, 30yrAddict, btdogboy, cmark, chrisTKE1982, Jeffro Dolfie, Clampy, carlh2o, JGlav, ReWire, Chewrouski_Philly, Sranger999, walterwhite, DWEIRICK, spit cup, FranPro, ericfluck

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2014, 10:16:00 AM »
Is half a HoF 9 inches? Nevermind, gratz on day 50 brother.

This will make you all laugh, I'll be 45 in 6 days, and this Saturday I'll be making my world debut text message to none other than E  C.
Not sure if he should be honored or scared. I'll have a teenager or 2 around me to make sure I do it correctly, as I have only had my track phone for a couple weeks.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

E&C's Dad

« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2014, 09:57:00 AM »

E&C's Dad

« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2014, 08:57:00 AM »
Quote from: brettlees
I like your quit style man. You communicate, you follow advice, and you pay it back and forward with others. Way to build a quit! There will be ups and downs ahead but you will weather the tough times with this approach. Keep it up! Freedom tastes great doesn't it!??!
Thanks Brettlees and yes freedom tastes great. I am thankful I stumbled across this group of bad ass quitters.

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2014, 07:12:00 PM »
I like your quit style man. You communicate, you follow advice, and you pay it back and forward with others. Way to build a quit! There will be ups and downs ahead but you will weather the tough times with this approach. Keep it up! Freedom tastes great doesn't it!??!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

E&C's Dad

« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2014, 08:35:00 AM »
Day 41 had a better couple of Days over the weekend. Thanks Derk40 for the exercise recommendation it really has been helpful over the last few days.

Last night I had my first dip dream. So vivid and I felt like I let myself down. I know I don't want to feel that way ever so I will kick the nic bitch in the teeth again today.

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2014, 05:30:00 PM »
yeah i got 5 cans of hooch in my desk drawer if it comes down to it. Only used it a few times but it does the trick...quit on...
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2014, 05:18:00 PM »
Quote from: jayd41
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Day 38, I had a really good run of 2 or 3 weeks in there now I am feeling very anxious and craving almost as bad as week 1 the fog is also back. I have all the tools and choose to QLF everyday but I sure hope feeling this way ends soon. Sending this from the fog.
Use your tools. There will be days that are worse than others. The good times will last longer as the days stack up. I had my 4 worst days around day 80 after weeks of practically no problems. You got this.
It's funny how our days are the same and i've got similar shit going on...no fog, but i've been unusually angry at work yesterday and today. I don't know if i can account it to dip rage or just working with a fucking moron but i'm thankful i have some hooch!
Keep pushing brother! You're willing to go through anything to stay quit. It will get better!
Thanks guys. It is great to be able to come here and read and talk to those who actually understand this battle. It would be much more difficult alone. All I know is that I quit for today no matter what!

Jayd- I feel your pain on the work stuff! It certainly doesn't make things any easier. I too have had some blowups recently!
yeah i have to kinda bury it...the guy that is the source of my frustration is in his early 70's and i'm not gonna yell at an old man...he just brings absolutely nothing to our little company and really is kind of bad for business but there's not a whole lot i can do.
Damn I work for a smaller organization too and can relate on so many levels! Not much you can do if the owners don't see it the way you see it though. Sack up and soldier on I guess.
Not sure if you are exercising but if not... When you start to feel a crave try to go for a walk outside or a short run.

When I get stressed out I still feel those craves. Some sort of physical activity gets the blood moving and often helps.

Do whatever you need to do to stay quit. You are winning this battle today. Nice job coming to the site and keeping us in tune. Keep at it!

Quit on.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

E&C's Dad

« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2014, 02:56:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
I'm having a rough day too, guts are all messed up and foggy on Day 22. I quit with you today, let's be bad asses together and feel better tomorrow.
Thumblewort you got it brother. Quit with you too. take that cowboy NIC

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2014, 01:52:00 PM »
I'm having a rough day too, guts are all messed up and foggy on Day 22. I quit with you today, let's be bad asses together and feel better tomorrow.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

E&C's Dad

« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2014, 01:29:00 PM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Day 38, I had a really good run of 2 or 3 weeks in there now I am feeling very anxious and craving almost as bad as week 1 the fog is also back. I have all the tools and choose to QLF everyday but I sure hope feeling this way ends soon. Sending this from the fog.
Use your tools. There will be days that are worse than others. The good times will last longer as the days stack up. I had my 4 worst days around day 80 after weeks of practically no problems. You got this.
It's funny how our days are the same and i've got similar shit going on...no fog, but i've been unusually angry at work yesterday and today. I don't know if i can account it to dip rage or just working with a fucking moron but i'm thankful i have some hooch!
Keep pushing brother! You're willing to go through anything to stay quit. It will get better!
Thanks guys. It is great to be able to come here and read and talk to those who actually understand this battle. It would be much more difficult alone. All I know is that I quit for today no matter what!

Jayd- I feel your pain on the work stuff! It certainly doesn't make things any easier. I too have had some blowups recently!
yeah i have to kinda bury it...the guy that is the source of my frustration is in his early 70's and i'm not gonna yell at an old man...he just brings absolutely nothing to our little company and really is kind of bad for business but there's not a whole lot i can do.
Damn I work for a smaller organization too and can relate on so many levels! Not much you can do if the owners don't see it the way you see it though. Sack up and soldier on I guess.