Author Topic: Well I think I found the right place  (Read 8186 times)

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Well I think I found the right place
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2014, 11:21:00 AM »
Quote from: E&C's
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: jayd41
Quote from: rdad
Day 38, I had a really good run of 2 or 3 weeks in there now I am feeling very anxious and craving almost as bad as week 1 the fog is also back. I have all the tools and choose to QLF everyday but I sure hope feeling this way ends soon. Sending this from the fog.
Use your tools. There will be days that are worse than others. The good times will last longer as the days stack up. I had my 4 worst days around day 80 after weeks of practically no problems. You got this.
It's funny how our days are the same and i've got similar shit going on...no fog, but i've been unusually angry at work yesterday and today. I don't know if i can account it to dip rage or just working with a fucking moron but i'm thankful i have some hooch!
Keep pushing brother! You're willing to go through anything to stay quit. It will get better!
Thanks guys. It is great to be able to come here and read and talk to those who actually understand this battle. It would be much more difficult alone. All I know is that I quit for today no matter what!

Jayd- I feel your pain on the work stuff! It certainly doesn't make things any easier. I too have had some blowups recently!
yeah i have to kinda bury it...the guy that is the source of my frustration is in his early 70's and i'm not gonna yell at an old man...he just brings absolutely nothing to our little company and really is kind of bad for business but there's not a whole lot i can do.
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

E&C's Dad

« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2014, 11:10:00 AM »
Day 38, I had a really good run of 2 or 3 weeks in there now I am feeling very anxious and craving almost as bad as week 1 the fog is also back. I have all the tools and choose to QLF everyday but I sure hope feeling this way ends soon. Sending this from the fog.
Use your tools. There will be days that are worse than others. The good times will last longer as the days stack up. I had my 4 worst days around day 80 after weeks of practically no problems. You got this.
It's funny how our days are the same and i've got similar shit going on...no fog, but i've been unusually angry at work yesterday and today. I don't know if i can account it to dip rage or just working with a fucking moron but i'm thankful i have some hooch!
Keep pushing brother! You're willing to go through anything to stay quit. It will get better!
Thanks guys. It is great to be able to come here and read and talk to those who actually understand this battle. It would be much more difficult alone. All I know is that I quit for today no matter what!

Jayd- I feel your pain on the work stuff! It certainly doesn't make things any easier. I too have had some blowups recently!

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2014, 11:04:00 AM »
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2014, 10:54:00 AM »

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2014, 10:28:00 AM »

E&C's Dad

« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2014, 10:17:00 AM »

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2014, 09:09:00 AM »
Day 31... One month of having my freedom and making a conscious choice to live a cleaner and healthier life. Damn it feels good to be a quitter! I had a couple rough days over the last week or so but dare I say it is starting not to suck on a consistent basis.

So thankful that I ended up here!

'Remshot' Nic ODAAT
you're a bad ass

E&C's Dad

« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2014, 09:06:00 AM »
Day 31... One month of having my freedom and making a conscious choice to live a cleaner and healthier life. Damn it feels good to be a quitter! I had a couple rough days over the last week or so but dare I say it is starting not to suck on a consistent basis.

So thankful that I ended up here!

'Remshot' Nic ODAAT

Offline Spence249

• Quitter
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2014, 07:35:00 PM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Quote from: Pinched
Well 21 days since I made the best decision I have made in a long time. I feel fanfreakingtastic right now. The cravings have been few and far between and finally I have been sleeping through the night again. I ordered some hooch for an upcoming turkey hunting trip and I have to say it was not enjoyable at all I think I will bring it with me but will likely stick to my trident ( I have been keeping them in business singlehandedly).

I feel a little guilty that quitting has been easy for me so far when I see so many of my quit brothers constantly hurting. I struggled like everyone for the first 5-7 days but since then it has been simple. I follow the program post roll EDD, go thru my day and repeat. It also helped me to read about nicotine and to understand the lies I believed for many years. I always believed that I was so addicted to nicotine that there was no chance of me quitting. I truly owe my life to this community of quitters  addicts.

I was in such a fog when I did my original intro that I thought I would share a little more about my addiction.

I am only 32 and started with smoking as a teen but was exclusively on Grizzly since march of 2008. I remember being proud that I quit smoking and told all my family and friends that I was smokefree. Little did they or I know how very addicted to nicotine I was. I started dipping about a can a week in 2008 and by the time I quit I dipped from the time I woke up until I went to sleep only taking it out for meals. I used the grizzly pouches you know the kind that don't leave shit in your teeth (although it was like eating pussy through pantyhose). There wasn't a meeting, conference, dinner party or anything ever(I AM NOT EXAGERATING) that I couldn't conceal one of those fucking pouches in my cheek. I got so good at hiding it that I didn't even have to hide it. My moment of clarity came when my doc told me I had high bp....at 32 I thought....no shit.....and right then I flushed my cans. I guess the point of this rant is if a newby ever reads this and thinks I can't quit.....bullshit you can quit.... follow the program!

That is all just wanted to put this into print for later.

I quit will all of KTC today and everyday!
3 weeks is huge and you should be damned proud. Now, be careful and watch out for complacency. You may have had an easy first 3 weeks but it will hit you at some point like a freight train. Keep your guard up have the tools ready to go into action at a moment's notice.

Congrats on 3 weeks of your life back, those plus ones add up fast don't they?
NO COMPLACENCY HERE....EVER
I have no illusions about my addiction. The tools are in my possession at all times. NAFAR Nic Bitch .... NAFAR
I quit with ^^^^^ this kool-aid drinker any damn day!
ODDAT and NAFAR
Love a good koolaid drinker!
Nice job Quitter!! Keep it up 'oh yeah'

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2014, 07:25:00 PM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Well 21 days since I made the best decision I have made in a long time. I feel fanfreakingtastic right now. The cravings have been few and far between and finally I have been sleeping through the night again. I ordered some hooch for an upcoming turkey hunting trip and I have to say it was not enjoyable at all I think I will bring it with me but will likely stick to my trident ( I have been keeping them in business singlehandedly).

I feel a little guilty that quitting has been easy for me so far when I see so many of my quit brothers constantly hurting. I struggled like everyone for the first 5-7 days but since then it has been simple. I follow the program post roll EDD, go thru my day and repeat. It also helped me to read about nicotine and to understand the lies I believed for many years. I always believed that I was so addicted to nicotine that there was no chance of me quitting. I truly owe my life to this community of quitters  addicts.

I was in such a fog when I did my original intro that I thought I would share a little more about my addiction.

I am only 32 and started with smoking as a teen but was exclusively on Grizzly since march of 2008. I remember being proud that I quit smoking and told all my family and friends that I was smokefree. Little did they or I know how very addicted to nicotine I was. I started dipping about a can a week in 2008 and by the time I quit I dipped from the time I woke up until I went to sleep only taking it out for meals. I used the grizzly pouches you know the kind that don't leave shit in your teeth (although it was like eating pussy through pantyhose). There wasn't a meeting, conference, dinner party or anything ever(I AM NOT EXAGERATING) that I couldn't conceal one of those fucking pouches in my cheek. I got so good at hiding it that I didn't even have to hide it. My moment of clarity came when my doc told me I had high bp....at 32 I thought....no shit.....and right then I flushed my cans. I guess the point of this rant is if a newby ever reads this and thinks I can't quit.....bullshit you can quit.... follow the program!

3 weeks is huge and you should be damned proud. Now, be careful and watch out for complacency. You may have had an easy first 3 weeks but it will hit you at some point like a freight train. Keep your guard up have the tools ready to go into action at a moment's notice.

I have no illusions about my addiction. The tools are in my possession at all times. NAFAR Nic Bitch .... NAFAR
ODDAT and NAFAR
Love a good koolaid drinker!
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2014, 05:00:00 PM »

ODDAT and NAFAR
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

E&C's Dad

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2014, 04:16:00 PM »

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2014, 04:11:00 PM »

"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

E&C's Dad

« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2014, 04:07:00 PM »

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2014, 02:47:00 PM »
Busy weekend with quite a few firsts. I am now at day 13 without the bitch. That feels good in and of itself. I still sleep like shit but the days have been getting much better and the craves has been few and far between. It has helped that I took the time to learn what the Nic Bitch actually does and doesn't do. When I feel stressed I now know that the bitch won't make it better and that its all a fucking sham.

Firsts from this past weekend

1- first time fishing without her. It was bad ......worse than first thing in the morning or after meals. I made it but it took a few extra sticks of gum.

2- first round of golf without her. Not as bad as fishing but a steady supply of seeds helped the craves.

coming up on 2 weeks ODAAT

'Finger' Nic Bitch 'arse'
Just keep flipping her the bird and she will stay away but be careful because she is one crafty bitch. Fishing will be my next test as well but I plan on arming myself with some fake just to be safe. Seeds are good but I don't want all they crap in my boat. You are doing great. Glad to be quit with ya.