Author Topic: Well I think I found the right place  (Read 8183 times)

Offline mich 34

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: reading, hunting, fishing, above all - spending time with the wife and kids (when they are being good!!)
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Well I think I found the right place
« Reply #103 on: June 26, 2014, 09:44:00 PM »
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: mule
Quote from: gmann
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: SAM83
Quote from: Thumblewort
Here's a big FUCK YEAH for the HoF and my friend E  C. E  C is the dude who taught me how to text! And he also sent me a video on Cincinatti chili.........on speghetti, really? Enjoy your day brother, you make my quit stronger on the daily!
Nice EC!!! Quit on Brother!!!
Awesome! Congrats. Enjoy your day and keep moving forward ODAAT.
Let me add to the celebration here- you've done a great job getting and using the tools and paying it forward. I'm glad you made it here and appreciate your contributions. Keep quitting on!
Nice. Congrats. How are you celebratin'?
well done indeed

congrats
Congrats on HOF EC D! Well done. Keep er Rollin.
yep, congrats! keep it up now
my intro
QD 07-19-2012
Group - Roctober Madmen Post with some Madmen (and women)
HOF 10-27-12 HOF Speech
2nd Floor 2-4-13, 3rd Floor 5-15-13
1 year of freedom - 7-19-2013. Thank you KTC
4th Floor 8-23-13, 5th Floor 12-1-13, 6th Floor 3-11-14, 7th Floor 6-19-14, 8th Floor 9-27-14, 9th Floor 1-5-15

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2014, 09:39:00 PM »
Here's a big FUCK YEAH for the HoF and my friend E  C. E  C is the dude who taught me how to text! And he also sent me a video on Cincinatti chili.........on speghetti, really? Enjoy your day brother, you make my quit stronger on the daily!
Let me add to the celebration here- you've done a great job getting and using the tools and paying it forward. I'm glad you made it here and appreciate your contributions. Keep quitting on!
well done indeed

congrats
Congrats on HOF EC D! Well done. Keep er Rollin.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline mule

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 01/03/2008
  • Interests: Georgia Bulldawgs, hunting, fishing, coaching sports for kids
« Reply #101 on: June 26, 2014, 01:04:00 PM »
well done indeed

congrats

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #100 on: June 26, 2014, 12:59:00 PM »

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2014, 11:30:00 AM »
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2014, 08:57:00 AM »
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 233
« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2014, 08:53:00 AM »

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2014, 08:26:00 AM »
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2014, 09:42:00 PM »
Quote from: E&C's
I had a weird cave dream last night. I didn't even cave to dip! In my dream I was on the golf course and someone offered me a fine cigar and I obliged. It wasn't until I woke up that I felt awful. I think I have come to grips with NAFAR yet my subconscious addict mind has not. WE MUST ALWAYS REMAIN VIGILIANT!
My first cave dream involved a cig with my 2 brothers, one of them doesn't even smoke. We were in a bar, he doesn't drink either (reformed AA). Weirdest damn dream I have had in a long time.

E&C's Dad

« Reply #94 on: June 13, 2014, 11:05:00 AM »
I had a weird cave dream last night. I didn't even cave to dip! In my dream I was on the golf course and someone offered me a fine cigar and I obliged. It wasn't until I woke up that I felt awful. I think I have come to grips with NAFAR yet my subconscious addict mind has not. WE MUST ALWAYS REMAIN VIGILIANT!

Offline Braves360

• Quitter
« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2014, 08:14:00 PM »
Quote from: THansen2413
Thanks everyone for the positive reinforcement. I am heading to the range this evening to burn through some ammo. I think I will download some pictures of UST products for my targets tonight. cowboy
This I like.....very much.

Epic solution to the fuckits.....

'Remshot'
Glad to her this bro. I was reflecting on my own quit this morning after you text me and said you were in a "funk" today. I know what you're feeling exactly. That's what makes this place (KTC) awesome. You can talk to people all day long who have never used nic or aren't addicts to it and they won't understand. I know you aren't thinking about caving. I know you aren't having strong ass craves. I know you're just "bored" and have nothing much to look forward to. Or so you think. I know because I had this same feeling in the late 70s and even 80s days of my quit.

I'd gotten over the first euphoric week of being quit. I'd crossed 25 days being quit. Next was 50 days, half way to the hall! Next was the ever awesome 75 days, 3/4 of the way to the HOF! I could smell it! But, then it all hits you. It almost seems like you'll never reach 100 days. Almost like this HOF milestone is fictional. No way could I, THansen (Tyler) reach the HOF on a badass quit site like KTC, with badass quitters surrounding me, and cheering loud as fuck for my success. Guess what man? You already know what I'm going to say.....I'm in the HOF. I'm in the HOF as a 100% poster. It's real, it does exist, and it's nice! You know as much as I do that the HOF isn't a finish line. Rather a milestone, that you should be beyond proud of! One day at a time....Remember why you quit....blow past this funk! I'm saving you a seat on the train bro! Day 101 and I'm quitting like fuck with you!
Man I know exactly where you are with the funk. I have these crazy roller coaster like days from time to time. Let me promise you the swings get shallower and they get much less frequent. When you are in the funk, consider writing in your intro page. I find myself from time to time putting my thoughts are here to share with others and you may very well benefit as I have. 60 days in is no small feat but small in comparison to so,e of the bad asses here. The key is to stay quit. On the days you are I'm the funk come in here, write, reds, chat, whatever it takes to get you through. Knowing others are dealing with the same thing you are going through makes your day feel not so bad. Keep up the quit man.

Offline THansen2413

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2017-03-03
  • Interests: Vikings, Gophers, Wild. Enjoy running in the warm months.
« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2014, 07:11:00 PM »
Thanks everyone for the positive reinforcement. I am heading to the range this evening to burn through some ammo. I think I will download some pictures of UST products for my targets tonight. cowboy

'Remshot'
Glad to her this bro. I was reflecting on my own quit this morning after you text me and said you were in a "funk" today. I know what you're feeling exactly. That's what makes this place (KTC) awesome. You can talk to people all day long who have never used nic or aren't addicts to it and they won't understand. I know you aren't thinking about caving. I know you aren't having strong ass craves. I know you're just "bored" and have nothing much to look forward to. Or so you think. I know because I had this same feeling in the late 70s and even 80s days of my quit.

I'd gotten over the first euphoric week of being quit. I'd crossed 25 days being quit. Next was 50 days, half way to the hall! Next was the ever awesome 75 days, 3/4 of the way to the HOF! I could smell it! But, then it all hits you. It almost seems like you'll never reach 100 days. Almost like this HOF milestone is fictional. No way could I, THansen (Tyler) reach the HOF on a badass quit site like KTC, with badass quitters surrounding me, and cheering loud as fuck for my success. Guess what man? You already know what I'm going to say.....I'm in the HOF. I'm in the HOF as a 100% poster. It's real, it does exist, and it's nice! You know as much as I do that the HOF isn't a finish line. Rather a milestone, that you should be beyond proud of! One day at a time....Remember why you quit....blow past this funk! I'm saving you a seat on the train bro! Day 101 and I'm quitting like fuck with you!
Quitters I've met in person : Keddy, boelker62, Big Brother Jack, baitbanjo, SirDerek, Chewie, Scowick65, theo3wood, mcarmo44, MonsterEMT, Bronc, dforbes, rocketman, Lance from SD, kdip, wastepanel, quitspit, basshaug, greenspidy, 30yrAddict, btdogboy, cmark, chrisTKE1982, Jeffro Dolfie, Clampy, carlh2o, JGlav, ReWire, Chewrouski_Philly, Sranger999, walterwhite, DWEIRICK, spit cup, FranPro, ericfluck

Offline mule

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 01/03/2008
  • Interests: Georgia Bulldawgs, hunting, fishing, coaching sports for kids
« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2014, 03:50:00 PM »

'Remshot'

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2014, 03:48:00 PM »
Shoot 'em to hell and back brother!
UST does "not" have You!
You're quit Today and every day that ends with a "Y".
You're not a slave, you're a badass quitter who "chooses" to be quit.
It gets much, much better....press on. Quit on. You got this!
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

E&C's Dad

« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2014, 03:34:00 PM »