Author Topic: Need support.  (Read 15703 times)

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Need support.
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2015, 09:44:00 AM »
Great quit going on here! You "get it". Proud to QLF with you.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2015, 08:47:00 AM »
Appreciate the comments and PM's.

For what it's worth, I was reading a book on addiction.
People LEAN on relationships or they LEAN on chemicals. Everybody has a choice.
I can honestly say it feels great to Lean on some BA FFF and KTC.
Quit On and Thank you!
I believe.....

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2015, 10:43:00 PM »
Rawls sorry buddy! No one deserves it! It frigging sucks went through it with my Mom. Will definitely put him on prayer list! Be tough for him and your wife! You are a very strong addition to this site! I'm sure you use that in your daily life. Proud to call you a brother.
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Stat

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2015, 10:18:00 PM »
Thoughts and prayers for your FIL and you and your family; I am sorry he is going through all of that.

Your efforts to educate and encourage others are very admirable and appreciated. And thanks for sharing your story--it certainly adds to the strength of our quit.

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2015, 07:18:00 PM »
Rawls sorry I haven't posted on here sooner. You've got a great intro thread going. Keep up the work you do here. Posting on other's thread will definitely help others but helping others also adds more accountability to your own quit.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2015, 06:20:00 PM »
Thanks Blues.

Crazy long time ago........ we are so lucky to have lips.
Only have a couple teeth left.
Snuff ate off my Pinch fingers on both hands years ago!
And that whole time , I thought it was who I was, its was just part of the cards I was dealt.
I liked it.... was proud of it. It was my identity.... Oh and if you don't like me and my tobacco.. hit the road.

Then one day I am in the hospital with my father in law. The lump in his throat was cancer.
Within a week they had cut half his tongue out and were trying to replace it with a muscle from his forearm.
Radiation started soon after and burned his neck so bad he lost all saliva glands.
He is fed three times a day with a tube in his stomach.
His fight is by the second. This man truly understands the meaning of the words .... "going through SUCK".

Then I looked in the mirror........ REAL HARD
My Suck is NOTHING....

IM hear to endure this suffering of self..... and go without poison... and help any and everybody I can get off this S@%#T!

STOP NOW. IT.... IS...... NOT..... WORTH..... IT.....You will die.

Sorry, cant hold it back, still pissed off ... Nicotine is a lie.

77 days NEW Identity!

Rawls out
I believe.....

Offline clairmontblues

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-23
  • Interests: Fishing, Gardening, Home Improvement Projects, College Football
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2015, 04:37:00 PM »
Hi Rawls,

We've a similare nicotine history (and pab's). I started at 12yo and dipped for 37 years.
Like you, I started when dip was 25 cents/can. Loose leaf or plug was 20 cents. I used to tell myself I'd quit at certain price points......but never did. The claws were in too deep.

It seems your quit is progressing well and you are helping others entering the process. My hats off to you and I'm proud to Quit With YOU.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2015, 10:06:00 AM »
Proud to be quit with my brother! Quit on you got this shit going on!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2015, 06:55:00 AM »
A brother or sister that pays it forward is helping themselves as well! Stay strong, and let's keep paying it forward! Proud to be quit with you today.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2015, 03:34:00 PM »
Thank you sir.
I believe.....

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2015, 08:06:00 AM »
I felt compelled to read this intro because I see this "Rawls" person on the right hand side of the intro page as the last comment on numerous threads. Like m'man rdad said intimated, the quit is strong in this one.

Keep doing what your doing Rawls. People are noticing and are becoming inspired by what you're doing and contributing to the site. Newbies, this guy isn't that far ahead of you and has already built a foundation of quit so sturdy, that he's now building a castle on top of it. Watch this guy and how he embraces QLFEDD.

Quitting with you Rawls 'oh yeah'
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2015, 10:15:00 PM »
Quote from: Rawls
Totally.... Both.
Not sure about others but brother I've been self medicating my body for 38 years.
The books and doctors say it takes 100 days for your mind to learn to cope without chemicals. I'm gonna give mine a chance.
Biggest issue for Me so far is celebrating.... That's hardest at first but I'm learning I can have fun without chemical.
Tired of my flesh telling me what I need.
PM me we can talk more.
But honestly... I feel better, sleeping better, eating better, attitude is better, relationships are better all.. Without nicotine, alcohol and caffeine.
Celebrating clean is the best kind of fun. Quit with you today.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2015, 07:34:00 PM »
Totally.... Both.
Not sure about others but brother I've been self medicating my body for 38 years.
The books and doctors say it takes 100 days for your mind to learn to cope without chemicals. I'm gonna give mine a chance.
Biggest issue for Me so far is celebrating.... That's hardest at first but I'm learning I can have fun without chemical.
Tired of my flesh telling me what I need.
PM me we can talk more.
But honestly... I feel better, sleeping better, eating better, attitude is better, relationships are better all.. Without nicotine, alcohol and caffeine.
I believe.....

Offline canless2014

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-30
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2015, 07:06:00 PM »
Curious to ask, because I have been thinking about toning down coffee  alcohol. Do you think that has really helped your quit / life? Quitting nicotine was huge for me but I'm starting to see that it wasn't the only negative chemical in my life. Would be grateful for your advice
"Post roll. Post more if you want to. That's the beauty of the place: We ask you post roll. We ask you to be honest. That's all. No more. No less. Be there for your brothers and ask for help when you need it." - Wastepanel 10/6/14

"What would you do to save your own life? If you were fighting cancer today would you suffer through Chemo, surgeries, try new a therapy? change your diet, go to church? What intolerable hell would you endure to simply live. When you have thought long and hard about that, think on this. Why not apply that attitude to your quit. Suffer through the temporary discomfort of withdrawal to achieve your freedom from a slow painful demise via nicotine. Your in the ring already- fight like you mean it." - Skoal Monster 10/8/14

Quit Date: 6/30/2014 at 4:30 PM

HOF Date: 10/07/2014

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2015, 02:40:00 PM »
Quote from: Rawls
Day 69
Feeling crazy good. No Nic, no alcohol no coffee, no soda, no vice. Brain is learning how to live without it all ODAAT. You guest reading this need to get involved now.. You can't do it alone.
Engage Maverick..... Life is short.

Had to share how I feel below :

This is the avatar that belongs to a brother here on KTC. jwright

Nic B##h... is in Red!

http://i2.asntown.net/ha/gif/11-25-10/h ... ction5.gif
Day 29 here rawls I've quit it all but soda working on that my friend! Amazing how we all sound alike! Proud to be quit with you my friend!