Author Topic: Long time coming...  (Read 29962 times)

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Long time coming...
« Reply #231 on: October 11, 2013, 09:26:00 PM »
Quote from: DippinDave911
Yes, I am still quit. Its been hell though, which helped reel me back in.
Welcome Dave, or welcome back!

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #230 on: October 11, 2013, 08:38:00 PM »
Quote from: jlud007
I am glad your back Dave and glad that you now see the worth in the community and brotherhood here. Shoot me a PM if you need another text brother.

I'll be glad to quit with you today.
Welcome back. Congratulations on rescuing 71 days by owning your quit.

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #229 on: October 11, 2013, 05:07:00 PM »
I am glad your back Dave and glad that you now see the worth in the community and brotherhood here. Shoot me a PM if you need another text brother.

I'll be glad to quit with you today.

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #228 on: October 11, 2013, 03:00:00 PM »
DD911 - See my responses in Blue in response to portions of your post.

Since I started quitting, I have gained 40 pounds of pure American body fat. 40 pounds!
I put on 30# in the first 30 days. As someone here said, it's a lot easier to lose weight than cancer. I was exercising 5 nights a week and that helped. I'm not hypocrite, I find excuses to not exercise now, but I do realize how much it helped me. I need to get back into it.

Since I joined KTC ive done nothing but take.
Paying it forward really helps a newbie and yourself. Drop some encouraging words into a newbie's Intro or drop back into chat like you use to. There were 3 new guys in there last night. More help is always needed there.

I am sorry that it took me this long to really understand what KTC is all about.
Have you ever looked at the KTC banner? It says "Online Cummunity". People, and their involvement, make up a community and that is something that other quit websites don't have. Without the people behind KTC, in my group and many others I would definitely be back to ninja dipping.

I know, you will have to see it to believe it.
True. Show us.

All I ask is that you please refrain from the negative replies. Speak your mind but please be weary that it does nothing to help a quit. Im asking this as a brother and as an individual that respects the fragility of a quit. It is neither productive, nor does it help anyone. Please be aware that not all quitters have the strength or resolve that you might.
Should a beating come your way, take your lumps, and step up the quitting. Verbal sparring does nothing when you are on the defensive side. Learn from your mistakes, even if your past actions are constantly brought up. Don't repeat those past mistakes. As I use to tell my kitchen staff back in my Chef days, "put your head down and work". Posting roll, honoring your word each day, and helping others sounds like a solid plan.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #227 on: October 11, 2013, 01:19:00 PM »
Stick with it, remember the phone connections let me know if you need another quitter to text or talk to. I will be happy to help.

Pinched
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: May 06, 2019
« Reply #226 on: October 11, 2013, 01:12:00 PM »

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #225 on: October 11, 2013, 12:58:00 PM »
Quote from: traumagnet
Hey guys, apologies for the past month. Had kind of a mental meltdown and I am sorry that I let that affect all of you as much as it did. Lets leave it at I was pissed at everything and anything. I started buying a ton of survival stuff and I was literally planning on moving into some dark corner of the woods and saying F you world.

Since I started quitting, I have gained 40 pounds of pure American body fat. 40 pounds! That is so discouraging to my quit! Makes the Bitch almost seem like a savant. I cant sleep at night even the slightest things will set me off. The hardest part is I come here to vent and I end up sounding like a whiny little bitch. (which basically is what I am right now)

Someone once told me to take what I need and leave the rest. I am sorry that I took that so literally. You just cant. Since I joined KTC ive done nothing but take. Obviously everyone sees that as they are kind enough to point it out. Why its taken me this long to realize it myself is beyond me.

KTC is a give and take relationship. The only way to truly quit is to be there for others. Only an addict can understand an addict. By coming on here and whining and bitching about how terrible my life is ive succeeded in two things.

1. By writing it all out, I am able to step back and look at my problems from a different perspective. (Good)
2. On the flip side, since I havent done a single thing to help others, I am severely disrupting their own quit. (Bad)

I know I said I could go at it alone. I was pissed, I was angry, I wasnt thinking about anything or anyone but myself. I took the advice (whether intentional or not) of my brothers and walked away for awhile. Stopped posting all the negativity. This past week has been hell. After I walked away the cravings were almost unbearable. I fucked up and lost the biggest advantage I had for my quit. I said I would make my promises to my contacts but I simply did not. Most of them even texted me on a daily basis and I ignored them.

I am sorry if I ignored your attempts at helping me. I think I needed the time away to really look at my quit. Or the quit that was quickly fraying and about to snap. I cant do this alone. If I had never stumbled upon KTC, maybe. But not now. Not 71 days into my quit. I rely on you as much as you should be able to rely on me.

I am sorry that it took me this long to really understand what KTC is all about. I am sorry for all the negative bullshit ive posted. Looking at the number of brothers in the Dog House is infuriating. If I hadnt been so selfish and had been here all along, maybe I could have done something to prevent this. Maybe not, but who is to say.

I want to become more involved. When I am done here I am going to message every single one of those in the Dog House. I am going to post roll every damn day and I am done with my whining.

All I ask is that you please refrain from the negative replies. Speak your mind but please be weary that it does nothing to help a quit. Im asking this as a brother and as an individual that respects the fragility of a quit. It is neither productive, nor does it help anyone. Please be aware that not all quitters have the strength or resolve that you might.

One addict to another, we need positive help. Anything else provokes fight or flight. For me (even though it was self-imposed) it was both. Encourage the fight. Its OK to get quitters pissed off. That strengthens a quit. Pushing too hard makes for flight. And that is a good way to break a quit.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I really needed to explain myself and I feel it has strengthened my quit for doing so. I just hope my words can reach others quits and help them avoid a flight outcome.

Off to the Dog House for me. I will update with anything I can dig up.

Its good to be back, and its good to be quit.

DD911
So are you still quit or not? Last entry prior to this one says you caved. If you are still quit then jump in dude both feet no bullshit self loathing crap just dig in and do what you said you are going to do. Time will tell I will be watching as will others
Dave (I hope that is No Dipping Dave) still,
I wish you the best of luck. It is good to see that perhaps you have seen the light in the tunnel. Post roll daily, be active and get it on brother.

Pinched
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #224 on: October 11, 2013, 12:25:00 PM »
Hey guys, apologies for the past month. Had kind of a mental meltdown and I am sorry that I let that affect all of you as much as it did. Lets leave it at I was pissed at everything and anything. I started buying a ton of survival stuff and I was literally planning on moving into some dark corner of the woods and saying F you world.

Since I started quitting, I have gained 40 pounds of pure American body fat. 40 pounds! That is so discouraging to my quit! Makes the Bitch almost seem like a savant. I cant sleep at night even the slightest things will set me off. The hardest part is I come here to vent and I end up sounding like a whiny little bitch. (which basically is what I am right now)

Someone once told me to take what I need and leave the rest. I am sorry that I took that so literally. You just cant. Since I joined KTC ive done nothing but take. Obviously everyone sees that as they are kind enough to point it out. Why its taken me this long to realize it myself is beyond me.

KTC is a give and take relationship. The only way to truly quit is to be there for others. Only an addict can understand an addict. By coming on here and whining and bitching about how terrible my life is ive succeeded in two things.

1. By writing it all out, I am able to step back and look at my problems from a different perspective. (Good)
2. On the flip side, since I havent done a single thing to help others, I am severely disrupting their own quit. (Bad)

I know I said I could go at it alone. I was pissed, I was angry, I wasnt thinking about anything or anyone but myself. I took the advice (whether intentional or not) of my brothers and walked away for awhile. Stopped posting all the negativity. This past week has been hell. After I walked away the cravings were almost unbearable. I fucked up and lost the biggest advantage I had for my quit. I said I would make my promises to my contacts but I simply did not. Most of them even texted me on a daily basis and I ignored them.

I am sorry if I ignored your attempts at helping me. I think I needed the time away to really look at my quit. Or the quit that was quickly fraying and about to snap. I cant do this alone. If I had never stumbled upon KTC, maybe. But not now. Not 71 days into my quit. I rely on you as much as you should be able to rely on me.

I am sorry that it took me this long to really understand what KTC is all about. I am sorry for all the negative bullshit ive posted. Looking at the number of brothers in the Dog House is infuriating. If I hadnt been so selfish and had been here all along, maybe I could have done something to prevent this. Maybe not, but who is to say.

I want to become more involved. When I am done here I am going to message every single one of those in the Dog House. I am going to post roll every damn day and I am done with my whining.

One addict to another, we need positive help. Anything else provokes fight or flight. For me (even though it was self-imposed) it was both. Encourage the fight. Its OK to get quitters pissed off. That strengthens a quit. Pushing too hard makes for flight. And that is a good way to break a quit.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I really needed to explain myself and I feel it has strengthened my quit for doing so. I just hope my words can reach others quits and help them avoid a flight outcome.

DD911
So are you still quit or not? Last entry prior to this one says you caved. If you are still quit then jump in dude both feet no bullshit self loathing crap just dig in and do what you said you are going to do. Time will tell I will be watching as will others
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: May 06, 2019
« Reply #223 on: October 11, 2013, 12:13:00 PM »

DD911

Offline rickddd

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2013
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #222 on: October 06, 2013, 08:52:00 PM »
Quote from: Evil_Won
Quote from: SirDerek
Quote from: CleanFuel
Quote from: rickddd
Dave - I just heard you caved, is it true?  so how do you feel about the "Dave quitting plan" now??? Doesn't work too well, does it?

Why don't you man up and come back here, and quit for real this time, and do it the way that works - the KTC way. Stop making bullsh!t excuses about why you can't post roll everyday, and stop telling your quit buddies that they better not hold you accountable.  Embrace the accountability, it will keep you quit.

How 'bout it, Dave?
An update here would be interesting.
guys, the special butterfly has done nothing to show that he has learned anything that the site has tried to teach him about either being quit or even being a part of a group where friendships can grow out of a common bond.

So good luck there as there are many things out there for you to try...
What's the proof that DD911 caved for a third time? Who knows for sure, and not rumors?
Somebody posted it in the November group a couple days ago. I don't remember who.
---------------------------
Quit Date: 1/6/2013
Hall of Fame: 4/15/2013
COMMA! 10/2/2015
42nd floor: 7/6/2024

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #221 on: October 06, 2013, 05:18:00 PM »
Quote from: SirDerek
Dave - I just heard you caved, is it true?  so how do you feel about the "Dave quitting plan" now??? Doesn't work too well, does it?

Why don't you man up and come back here, and quit for real this time, and do it the way that works - the KTC way. Stop making bullsh!t excuses about why you can't post roll everyday, and stop telling your quit buddies that they better not hold you accountable.  Embrace the accountability, it will keep you quit.

How 'bout it, Dave?
guys, the special butterfly has done nothing to show that he has learned anything that the site has tried to teach him about either being quit or even being a part of a group where friendships can grow out of a common bond.

What's the proof that DD911 caved for a third time? Who knows for sure, and not rumors?
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #220 on: October 06, 2013, 04:54:00 PM »

How 'bout it, Dave?

Offline CleanFuel

• Quitter
« Reply #219 on: October 06, 2013, 12:03:00 PM »
Dave - I just heard you caved, is it true? so how do you feel about the "Dave quitting plan" now??? Doesn't work too well, does it?

Why don't you man up and come back here, and quit for real this time, and do it the way that works - the KTC way. Stop making bullsh!t excuses about why you can't post roll everyday, and stop telling your quit buddies that they better not hold you accountable. Embrace the accountability, it will keep you quit.

How 'bout it, Dave?
Quit 04.02.2012 --- HOF 07.11.2012 --- 5 Years 04.02.2017

Now I am the Voice. I will LEAD, not follow. I will BELIEVE, not doubt. I will CREATE, not destroy. I am a Force for God. I am a Leader.

Defy the odds. Set a new standard. STEP UP!

My HOF Speech

My Intro

Offline rickddd

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2013
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #218 on: October 05, 2013, 11:14:00 AM »
Dave - I just heard you caved, is it true? so how do you feel about the "Dave quitting plan" now??? Doesn't work too well, does it?

Why don't you man up and come back here, and quit for real this time, and do it the way that works - the KTC way. Stop making bullsh!t excuses about why you can't post roll everyday, and stop telling your quit buddies that they better not hold you accountable. Embrace the accountability, it will keep you quit.

How 'bout it, Dave?
---------------------------
Quit Date: 1/6/2013
Hall of Fame: 4/15/2013
COMMA! 10/2/2015
42nd floor: 7/6/2024

Offline jhaenel23

• Quitter
  • Interests: Kicking the Nic Bitch's Ass every day!!Staying in the QUIT, And helping all of my KTC Brothers to do the same!!
« Reply #217 on: October 03, 2013, 09:55:00 AM »
Quote from: jbradley
Quote from: jhaenel23
Quote from: jhaenel23
What a nice surprise this AM............ I thought we were  :deadhorse: because this one was a  :scowick:  He had everyone on here  'bang head'  'bang head'  'bang head' and  'Crazy'  'Crazy'  'Crazy'  because we thought that this guy was  'jerk' 

Turns out that there is some quit in this one and proof that the KTC formula Works!!

Here is to one week of Freedom my friend!!

'Cheers'  'Cheers'  'Cheers'

Taste it, Love it and Hate NIC.

shocker

J
Was I wrong?
He is postin roll and taking names! I think he has it in him to keep going!
I was wrong!

1000's of success stories must be wrong. So whats the over under on your planned cave??? 5 days??? 5 mins???

I wish you safe travels as I know there are other ways to gain your freedom and be quit! I hope that you fiind those places!! Please refrain from trolling around the site and interrupting our quits.

J
Stay in the Q.U.I.T*********Fuck the NIC!!" Jhaenel23
"Freedom is like your Soul going Commando!" Scowick
"Losers always whine about their best, Winners go home and fuck the prom queen!!" John Mason
"If its too much trouble to post roll, You can always Fuck Off!!" J2B
HOF Speech
Sounds Of Madness
QUIT 10-22-12
HOF 1-29-13
Post with Da Jackwagins!!